Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• auchristynaauchristyna Member Posts: 19
    $32,600 sounds like a good deal to me for the RES and towing. The towing package alone is about $1200 with all the parts to it (ATF cooler, PSF cooler, Air duct, harness, hitch, installation) plus you have the bike rack. We are adding it to the van we are picking up today.

Is that something you normally would have requested to add onto the vehicle? To me it has no value if that is an accessoriey that you would not nomrally use. Just my thought....
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Sounds high, especially for an '09. Why pay that much for a vehicle that has been sitting on a lot for x months, and will be a year old in depriciation as soon as you drive it across the curb.
  • shelbymomshelbymom Member Posts: 3
    I live in Florida and looking to buy this weekend. I have two dealers that have the EX-L no DVD no Nav and in the same color. Pricing I got (base) was $28,654 and $28,769. Waiting to get OTD prices from both dealerships. I'll post those when I get them.

Opinions? Good deal or not?
  • colocarscolocars Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am new to this forum but spent some time looking through the posts for the last few months.

On whether the offers you are seeing for an EX-L are any good or not, I think a lot depends on what other fees get tagged on as part of the OTD price. I think you need to have the total for everything but TTL to do a comparison.

Having said that, if that price does include everything, I think that is about as good of a deal as I have seen listed recently. I have also just sent out inquiries to local dealers in CO for the same vehicle (2009 EX-L) and the best response I have seen so far is $29,800, which I know is a bad price. Not sure how much they will be willing to come down but I am offering $28K.

In general, it seems like the sentiment in this thread is that they are not willing to deal as much right now because of the surge of buyers under the CARS (cash for clunkers) program. If you are not taking advantage of that, you may be better off waiting until they run out of funds again and Honda starts working harder to clear the last 2009s but the risk is that you won't be able to find one by that time.
  • ru98ru98 Member Posts: 7
    Earlier this week I bought a 2009 EX-L w/RES for $30,150 (incl. Dest.) which translated to $32,900 OTD (7% tax, $7.50 DMV tax, $399 Registration/Title Fee, $250 Documentation)
  • helpsoshelpsos Member Posts: 5
    How does 27808 + TTL sound for a 2010 EX (plus the regular dealer add ons). ?
    Seems high since invoice is $27,400 plus there's $1,250 in marketing support so at a minimum you should be able to get it for $26,150 + TTL.
    Where is the savings????
  • nikunjnikunj Member Posts: 5
    Just now, I got 2009 Touring price from one dealer in NJ(7% tax) $ 38,829.00 (including everything but Registration). Can you pl. tell me whether this sounds good or not.
  • newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    Wait, was that an EX-L /RES or Touring? In the title you say EX-L/RES but in the actual bit, you talk about touring.
    I found the invoice price of $27.098 + 710 destination which brings it to $27808. (and it has the dealer extras that they put on all the cars- which I wasn't paying for). I didn't think the marketing support was for the 2010. This is a 2010 EX.

Where did you get the invoice of $27400 (and did that include destination). Thanks for any help.
    This is for a 2010. It appears to be the invoice price (including destination) unless I am finding the wrong info.
  • wvdana1wvdana1 Member Posts: 9
    My understanding is that 1250 in marketing support is just for the 09s. Have you heard something different?? And where did you find invoice vals of 2010s? All I have found are the 09 values. TKs.
    Sorry about that...my bad. I thought you were referring to an '09.
    Thanks, Helpsos. I just told the dealer I wouldn't pay over invoice for 2010 EX-L w/ RES (31707) and he replied that the figure doesn't include destination fee of $710 which is "a Honda fee and not negotiable." Humph. This durn CFC program is making these dealers so stingy. Would like this van before vacation in 2 weeks, but can't help but wonder how much I'd save if we waited til late fall...
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I doubt you will save anything by waiting til fall. If the dealer is offering you a car at invoice plus $710 for destination fee, it's not great by last years fire sale prices but those days are gone -- maybe forever -- they got caught with too much inventory when the economy was crashing. Don't look for them to make that mistake anytime soon. If I wanted an ody and that was the offered price I'd have no problem making the purchase. I'd be planning my vacation in my new van. That sounds like fun !
    I would add the dest. fee to the base invoice to come up with the actual invoice.
  • technoztechnoz Member Posts: 34
    I bought a touring for 35K +TTL Came with pinstriping. The price was just ok the dealers around here are sold out of ody's. Heard they are going to be cutting down on the amount of high dollar touring's they will produce next year. If you do buy one save your carpet and spray scotchguard auto on all the floor carpeting. If your going to get a warrantly get a hondacare from one of the online vendors :) Also you can get 3.9% loan at penfed
    Msrp on a 2010 is 29905. Invoice is 27098 plus 710 = 27808. If you were offered that price -- I'd be inclined to buy. It may be possible or you might have to work hard to get it. Look at previous posts for 2010's.
    I know this is the wrong forum for this, but can't find one on colors. Does anyone know how difft the Silver Pearl Metallic is from the new 2010 Alabaster Silver Metallic? Is it a straight a silver? I was hoping for a creamy/silver type color and not a gunmetal silver type. AND- does anyone know what the color of the vehicle is on the cover of the 2009 Odyssey brochure is? The sales rep I spoke w/ tonight guessed silver pearl but wasn't sure and it isn't listed anywhere in the book like the other colors are. Thanks very much!
  • nbodynbody Member Posts: 5
    I got five hits back and this was by far the lowest one. Others were $29000, $30120, 29510. I want a white one, which according to their website, they don't have. However another dealer does (29510).

So my best offer is $28700 + 710 dest +TTL.
    I'd really like to pay $27100 so that my total is under $32k.
    I also have a CARS trade in.
    How should I counter? I'd like to email him back and say if he can do it for 28100 + dest +TTL, I'll go in on Sunday and get the paperwork going. Thoughts?

Should I go to another dealer that has the one I want and use this offer to get his down from 29510 to 28700?

NB
  • jubethonejubethone Member Posts: 5
    Not sure how great your quoted price was. If you wait a bit you may see the same price I was quoted in June (333xx + TTL).
  • wgskwgsk Member Posts: 3
    Paid $28,879.89 for 2009 EX-L (black) with Splash guards at Honda of Lisle, IL..This is before taxes/registration/document fee!
    I paid $28,879.89 for 2009 EX-L but I was quoted above $1600/- for the 2010 model.. So, you should not pay more then $30,479.89... There is a dealer rebate of $1250 for 2009 and $400/- extra for 2010 model...
  • odysseyman7odysseyman7 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the late reply. The $30,200 did include the destination fee. The only extras were documentation ($240), Tax ($1889 @ 6.25%), and title and registration ($125).
  • nmomof2nmomof2 Member Posts: 14
    Good for you. They quoted me 29,366, for a Black EX-L ... maybe that same one. :)
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    I think you get a very good deal. It will be great help if you can post what the MSRP is. Thanks
    I don't believe MSRP's but here it is: $33,155.00 (with out the splash guards. The Mgr told me that the splash guard the dealer price is $169/- installed but I knew that was too high.. I asked him what is the actual cost for him. He said $136/- and he gave me 50% off it to$68/- but the above price includes the splash guard.) I also got a FREE OIL CHANGE since the vehicle was manufactured in 02/09 and he authorized for the same which I will take it back next week for the OIL Change...

I tried to call couple of dealers around here to better the price to $28,500 but none was willing to... Most of them are ran out of 2009 EX-L... A dealer in downer's grove quote $1600/- more for the 2010 EX-L ($1250/- dealer rebate for 2009 + $400/- difference between 2009 vs 2010)

Good luck...
  • 5649fm5649fm Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to get a 2009 EX-L with NAV&RES. However, it seems that most of the dealers in NJ/NY area are out of 2009 models. I got a quote for a 2010 EX-L with NAV & RES for 33450 + dest, and fees. Is it high?
    Just got a quote for 2010 Ex-L with NAV & RES for $34500 plus Dist and TTL. Tjis is the lowest price I got in the NJ/NY area. Have anyone received a lower price for the 2010 model? Thanks,
    Thanks for detailed information. The following is the quote I received from a local Houston dealer as eQuote:

2009 Odyssey EX-L w/Res $31,444.00**

Tax: $1,965.25
    Inventory Tax: $78.61
    Document Fee: $50.00
    Title Fee: $33.00
    License Fee: $72.30
    Inspection Fee: $23.75

Total Drive out : $33,666.91**
  • sam156sam156 Member Posts: 9
    FYI-I was just given a quote of $30,300 +TTL, for 2009 with RES w/o Nav ~ there's one dealer that has a lot of the 2009's. My husband wants to get $30,000 + TTL ... Honestly, I think this is a fare price. Let me know if you want to know the dealership info. Most of the other dealers around here don't want to bend at all.

Thanks for your info, this site really helps determine who is getting what and what is a realistic price etc...
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Member Posts: 9
    I'm in the LA area and have gotten a couple of quotes for the 2010 EX-L w/ RES & NAV. Both were in the $34.3K range. As I mentioned before, Scott Robinson, quoted me higher for the 2009 than other dealers were quoting for the 2010. SR quoted $34.4K for the 2009 EXL w/RES&NAVI.
    I am looking for a 2010 Ody EX-L with NAV and RES. The lowest quote I got is 33394+ plus destination and TTL. I am thinking to get a EX-L with RES only instead. I don't think the NAV worth $1600.00
  • rlinmdrlinmd Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone
    I just wanted to share that I purchased a 2009 Touring in Slate Green with Black Interior without Pax yesterday for $38500 out the door in MD. I believe thats a decent deal. I wanted to get the car a bit cheaper but we needed the car and I couldnt chance the car being sold.

Thanks for everyones help in making my purchase of the Odyssey a good one.
  • tn0215tn0215 Member Posts: 1
    hi- live in houston- do you mind posting which dealer it is?
    First week in July that vehicle was selling for ~$29,000 plus the tax, etc. Do what you have to do.
  • jfcarjfcar Member Posts: 10
    At some point you have to determine if 300 is worth the hassle and worth potentially losing the car you want. If the car is a match for you, is 300 dollars on a 30 k deal a dealbreaker?
    2009 EX-L Odyssey in Ocean Mist Metallic, which was our first choice. Very few dealers had any 09's left in any colors anywhere in VA. They had a couple of 09s left in other colors as of last Thursday. Might be gone now.

Priority Honda in Chesapeake VA $29,956.91 (included destination) + 449 processing fee + TTL. Had pinstripes already on it. MSRP was in the 34K range. Dealer had no problem doing the 3500 CFC. 5 hour drive (but right by my friends house, so I just visited him). With the clunker it got OTD for 27,900.

I had a price that was about 450 less on a Silver Model (an acceptable color but not our first choice) from a North Carolina Dealer (3.5 hour dirve) that was dragging their feet on the CFC trade due to funding issues that were going on last week. Kept putting me off, didn't communicate well, etc. Got a bad vibe from them.

I went with Priority Honda even though they were slightly more. We got the color we wanted, which was surprising because nobody else had it. They honored the internet quote. Like all dealers they asked me if I wanted to buy all the add-ons, but I just politely declined them and they had no problem with it. I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Priority and especially my salesman. Totally friendly, professional, honest, didn't try to change the deal and didn't push addons. They have a lot of good service things like free oil changes, state inspections, car washes, lifetime engine warranty, that would be great for people that lived a bit closer to them. It only took 18 hours from my first contact to complete the deal.

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience buying from Priority. While price is important, if you are going to drive 5 hours to get an Odyssey other things come into play. Even if you're not going to drive that far, there is more to the deal than just getting the lowest price. Then again, if you can get it for lower, you might as well!
  • technoztechnoz Member Posts: 34
    $38,500 out the door aint bad at all enjoy the touring!! Im having a blast with mine..I really enjoy the Current mpg readout on the info gauge :)
  • 2010exl2010exl Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2010 EXL with Navi and RES with the OTD price of $34,750 from Pohanka Honda of Fredericksburg, VA. This dealership was a dream to work with compared to the others in our area who would give us the run around just to try and get us through their door.
    That will be great if you are willing to post the dealer name as long as it is not against the forum rule.

With CFC underway, it is hard for people without CFC to negotiate.
  • nikunjnikunj Member Posts: 5
    In central NJ area, I got a quote for about $37300 out the door. I forgot what was the base price.
    If it were me, if I did not have a CFC trade and I did not have to have a van immediately, I would wait until after CFC to purchase.
  • xiongxiong1xiongxiong1 Member Posts: 2
    just bought a 2009 EX-L with NAV & RES for $31,390 + tax & doc in Dayton, Ohio. Total OTD is $33,733. It is in silver color. Seems it is a good price as i have been reading some postings here for about a week or so.
    To some people $10 is a dealbreaker. If you can afford 30k for a car and actually have a model that meets your need and don't buy because of $300 then you you're not really a buyer. Just a shopper. Nothing wrong with that but like you jfcar, it doesn't compute.
  • smadhusmadhu Member Posts: 16
    Wow Good Deal, we bought a 2009 EX-L/RES for 33300 OTD price on saturday.It Includes pin stripes.Mud Guards,Cargo Tray and wheel locks.I bought this one in Chicago.
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Member Posts: 9
    When people post OTD prices, what are they including? Taxes, licensing, destination charges.... is there anything else that is added that isn't optional?
  • hoosbesthoosbest Member Posts: 39
    $38K for a 2009 Touring model? I ask why didn't you get a 2010 Touring - which can be had for invoice? Prices have skyrocketed for no reason. Dealers are enjoying low inventory and another govt subsidized program that they remove manufacturer incentives. That 2009 car in June was $34K + taxes.

If timing is your friend - wait until this CFC program is over. All the demand has been brought forward and car inventories will build again.