Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Owners Meet the Members

1235»

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Hi, Kathy!

Karen now presides over all the boards and still does some hosting. There's been some rearrangement of topics since the original posting here with Steve and I serving as hosts for SUVs where this topic now resides. This is the place to introduce yourself.

Generally, we try to keep discussions on topic but a little "off topic drift" is to be expected now and then. If you have something that doesn't quite fit any of the existing topics you can always start up your own! In any case, just drop a note to Stever or me anytime if you need any help.

And welcome aboard! Be sure to check out all of the other topics in the Chevrolet TrailBlazer section.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • shawn0054shawn0054 Member Posts: 4
    03 TB 56K miles goodyear tracker tires, I am hearing a rubbing/squeaking (not metal) noise on the front drivers side of the tb, squeaks whether I hit the brakes or not. I took it to a trustworthy mechanic who thinks it is the tire. Has anyone else had this problem or have any insights as to what could be the problem?
  • akhenatenakhenaten Member Posts: 4
    I had an 06 TB with a noise in the right front wheel. It was a small pebble between the brake shoe and the pad in the rotor. They found it when they pulled the brake assembly apart.
    thanks for the post, i'll have to check that out!!
    03 TB - my drivers side door controls seem to be going out every so often (and becoming more and more often as time passes) doors don't unlock and windows don't go up or down, have to turn off engine and restart to get them up, (the other doors controls still work) anyone else with this problem? also don't know if this is connected but when you put the car into gear about half the time the doors will lock and half the time they won't. i'd be much obliged for any insights...
  • tmirgliottatmirgliotta Member Posts: 4
    I purchased an 05 trailblazer. First month I had it the wheel bearing went bad. Next the rotors then had to replace a tie rod as it was loose. Now there is a clicking noise in the front suspension and it doesn't handle bumps as well anymore. Sway bar link?? The air conditioning broke, a headlight went out, front emblem just fell off and One day i rested my elbow on the middle compartment and it cracked. All this within the 6 months i've owned it. Does anyone have any idea about the front suspension noise? Its not a chirping sound, feels like something is loose up there. When i got the ac fixed the mechanic said it could be the sway bar link. Anyone have any similiar experiences?
  • thebluefish08thebluefish08 Member Posts: 1
    I have gas tank issues too. Mine is an 03 trailblazer LT. It has over 50,000 miles on it. I can't fill up my tank all the way or it overflows all over the ground. I had a crack somewhere in the tank which they repaired supposedly but I smell gas inside and outside the car. I recently had the fuel pump replaced but my mechanic said it went bad because of bad gas. in corpus valero is known as bad gas and thats what i used. i called valero and they sent me a check for the whole cost of my fuel pump with no problems. but the check doesn't really help it still has problems. i have also had trouble with the head lights the wire covering were split and the bulbs have gone out like 3 times. i seem to be at my mechanics place every couple of weeks.
    My sway bar links and my all struts and shocks had to be replaced.
  • ticadooticadoo Member Posts: 40
    I'm not sure where to post this question...but I've got a 2003 Trailblazer, EXT, fully loaded with equipment and fully loaded with constant problems. I was reading about the new federal rebate about trading in a vehicle that got less than 18 mpg on one that gets 22mpg, etc. The only problem I have, is that one of the reasons I purchased the Trailblazer, EXT, was for the room. Anybody have any suggestions on a SUV to look at?
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    If your talking about the "cash for clunkers" program, the "clunker" you trade in can't be resold, it has to be scrapped, so in essence the dealer probably won't be willing to give you much if anything at all on a trade in. Go see http://www.cars.gov/ for more info.
    There's also a credit you can take off next years tax return for the sales tax you pay when buying a "qualified" new car, even in states with no sales taxes. Unlike the "cash for clunkers" program though there's income exclusions on this.
    Both of these programs are full of conditions, you need to do your homework before relying on them. They are both part of the "economic stimulus" package, which hopefully won't stimulate all of us into bankruptcy in the future..........
    There's lots of info out on the web about both programs.
  • ddroysddroys Member Posts: 1
    I also have had a gas smell over the last couple of months. I only have 62,000 miles on the truck. I took it to my local tire shop thinking it was a loose connections and was shocked to see that the inlet to the gas tank had a small crack and they said the gas tank had to be replace. I am going to a Chevy dealer to see what they can do. I have had many blazers in the past and other GM cars and never had a gas tank problem. Sounds like a defective tank to me.