Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Accessories

Comments

• davied99davied99 Member Posts: 16
    I just bought a used 1997 Accord Value Edition. The car did not come with an alarm feature, and I'll like to install a passive security system. Has anyone had experience with getting either an aftermarket or an official Honda security system installed? Any recommendations? Thanks.
  • cute_smithcute_smith Member Posts: 1
    I hav'nt done much with my Accord but still i can bet that its best of all as i gave new look to my car's interior,get done by veneerz.com,to believe that just come 'n peep into it.
  • maggieotmaggieot Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the websites listed in post 8! I looked at them and they had the pricing and purchase options for '98 accords and newer, but not anything older.
    Prior to purchasing my '97 accord, the dealer assured me that I could get the remote keyless entry installed on the vehicle - is that not true?
    Please let me know! Thanks!
  • bostonbananabostonbanana Member Posts: 1
    thanks for the url,http://www.handa-accessories.com/accelect01.html, too! My question is, do they work for valuepackage model? If they do, what is the best way to have them installed? It is probably not a good idea to do it from the dealer, right? Thanks!!!
  • stantontstantont Member Posts: 148
    I care very little about the styling of my car as long as it doesn't look positively ugly. In fact, a stealth car is pretty attractive to me. But I care a lot about how it drives. I've got a gold 2001 Accord Ex v6 (pretty stealthy - I can't find it in a large parking lot because it looks like every other midsize metallic gold car out there). It isn't really fast, but is very responsive, quiet, refined. The steering feel is very precise, but stock handling had a bit too much understeer. It turns out Neuspeed markets a rear sway bar kit for the Accord that matches the dimensions of the Acura TL Type S rear bar, and gives similar handling balance (both cars use the same front bar). Final grip is a bit less than the Type S because of the 15 inch wheels, but the change in handling is still quite dramatic. The swap involved 6 bolts and took less than an hour. The change in ride is almost undetectable except over really nasty one-wheel potholes, and it is invisible from outside the car.

My probable next change will be tires, after the original MXV4 Plus Michelins wear out. What tires have people tried, with what results?
  • th83th83 Member Posts: 164
    and it's the best $150 I've ever spent. Not only is the car more responsive at all engine speeds but it emits a nasty growl above 3500rpm. You should see the bewildered looks people give as they watch my bland silver Accord V6 fly by growling in a manner that doesn't fit the look of the car. Another bonus is that the gas mileage has improved by 2.5mpg since I installed it. Best of all, it doesn't void the warranty.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    th83, Which Intake have you added? I have a cold air intake system as well as well as rear section mufflers. Mine is a 2000 Coupe EX V6.
  • msurgeon2msurgeon2 Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a 2002 LX and had keyless remote added before buying. Taking delivery I asked the salesman how to open the trunk with the remote. He said that option would have to be added at the service dept. cost unknown to him (I'm sure). Can this be added with after market? Anyone know what Honda would charge for this? I don't understand Honda. Even my 1996 Saturn trunk opened with the keyless remote.
    I just added a basic intake with K&N filter but it has given me a good bit more power and gas mileage. I should have gotten an AEM cold air system like you but I was worried it would void my warranty.

I also want to add an exhaust eventually but I'm not sure. Do the aftermarket cat-back exhaust systems retain dual mufflers or are they just one?
    th83, The aftermarket cat-back or just mufflers retain the dual mufflers. I have Comptech rear section stainless steel mufflers, dual of course.
  • goatboy12goatboy12 Member Posts: 2
    i've just recently bought a 2002 accord lx. since i've bought the car i changed the wheels to nitto 450 performance tires i LOVE them they stick like glue and handle very well in the rain the tire size is as follows p215/55/16. wrapped around a set of zenetti's 16in rims. the rims are 7.5 in. and the offset is 1 in. what this does is it gives the car a wider stance (rim width and overall wheel) the car still have the same factory ride for little expense and the car looks sharp! you'll still have a lot of meat between the road and the car if you hit a bad hole and don't bend the rim.
  • goatboy12goatboy12 Member Posts: 2
    they are relatively the same the features are usually starterkill,zone coverage, trunk release, and of course keyless entry. not to scratch up that beautiful paint job. i recommend the clifford alarm system. there are multiple levels for this alarm, so make sure the dealer you get them from explains the difference.(the list is to long to post). yes it will do factory doorlocks.and if you want trunk release then you will have to add a selenoid to do this feature. then have it added to your alarm system. you can also add remote start,automatic window rollup and a bunch of other features as long as you can dream it it can be done. MAKE SURE THE PERSON THAT INSTALLS THIS SYSTEM IS A QUALIFIED CLIFFORD DEALER. if not don't come crying to me cause i told you so!!! good luck and you should be happy after this install.
  • pitt3pitt3 Member Posts: 4
    I'm going to bleed the brakes of my 2000 V6 coupe. Is there anything special I need to know about Honda"s? Can I use regular DOT fluid and the "pump" the petal method like I do on other cars?
  • fastdog1fastdog1 Member Posts: 19
    You will get a small amount of rust where the metal clips rub against the paint. I have one on my 95 and it's not bad after 7 years. I would consider normal wear and tear. Good Luck
  • pfeeney3pfeeney3 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any good stealth aftermarket performance ideas for a EX 4cyl.
  • elkoelko Member Posts: 4
    does anybody know if the cd player out of a 2002 lx will fit in a 2000 lx,both are sedans if that matters,i want to put the cassette in the 02 and the cd in the 00.i realize we could make em fit either way,but can we do it without any major hassle$,thanks
  • desacolldesacoll Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2002 Accord EX I would like to put seat covers on. All manufacturers I have talked to say the bottom portion of the rear seat must be removed to put on the cover. Has anyone done this? Is it difficult?

Thanks,
    Doug
  • desacolldesacoll Member Posts: 5
    To the author of post #106 (th83),

What intake did you put on it??

Thanks,
    Doug
  • tjaustin1tjaustin1 Member Posts: 1
    2002 Accord LX:
    I would like to add Keyless Entry on my Accord LX. Any ideas how much it should be? Any good sources? I am willing to install it myself in case it's not too demanding.

2002 Accord Value Pack:

I would like to add power locks in the front since I want keyless entry in the front. I have also been considering to add power window to the drivers side?

Any suggestions???

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
    Sorry about the delayed response. A friend of mine owns a store that sells all kinds of performance parts so I got it from him. I'm not sure what brand it is but it's a short-ram with a reusable filter(I think it was a Ractive filter, but I'm not sure). It was $120+installation and it makes the car sound great.
    Is this necessary after installing an intake? A friend of mine heard that you have to reset your computer whenever you make a modification that affects the air/fuel mix. Is this true? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom
  • ravynravyn Member Posts: 101
    is helpful, but not necessary. the car will eventually readjust itself.. if you remember to reset it, then great. if not, don't worry.

and as an aside, make sure any aftermarket intakes you get are CARB legal. i know AEM intakes are made to factory specs so you won't fail any emissions tests etc... which is why they're so popular. mine's great. you gain a few extra horses, a touch better gas mileage and great sound. (can't wait to transfer it to my '02 accord coupe that i just bought..had it on my '00).
  • nicegirlnicegirl Member Posts: 7
    I just paid $130 to have a minor 3 inch dent removed from my car door by Dent Wizard. Do you think I paid too much? Also, besides the door guards, that go along the edges of the door, is there a horizontal rubber strip or something I can have installed on the length of my doors to keep others from denting my car that's not too tacky?
    $130's a little more than normal, it seems to me. but it's not ridiculously high. I just had a dent removed from my front fender for a $100, it probably wasn't even a inch long.

I guess you have a coupe? I don't know of any horizontal guards you can put on to protect against dings.
  • snuke59snuke59 Member Posts: 29
    I have searched my owners manual and although it provides operating instructions for the CD/AM/FM stereo, it doesn't provide technical stereo information. Does anyone know more technical information regarding the stereo for the 2000 V6, Accord, i.e., wattage, etc.?
  • bigbmanbigbman Member Posts: 6
    Hey does anyone have good websites for parts for my accord? I saw the 3 at the beginning of the discussion, but I am looking for more!!!!
  • cmp1223cmp1223 Member Posts: 6
    I'm thinking about buying a 2000 Accord EX V6 and was wondering if there are any really good, cheap upgrades that are worth it. I have no experience so I would need things installed. So, are there upgrades (less that $500) that would make a big difference in handling, acceleration, and/or suspension? I really don't want to spend $300 to increase power by 7hp.

Thanks
    -Chris
  • cmp1223cmp1223 Member Posts: 6
    One more thing, about the stereo. One, si there a subwolfer in the EX V6 6 speaker model? Also, does anyone know the internals of the stereo? I'd like to hook my MP3 player (w/RCA jacks) to the stereo. Is this easy and or possible? I would use the cassette adapter but it doesn't have a tape player and a direct connect would have better sound.

Thanks
    -Chris
  • asm0721asm0721 Member Posts: 13
    Anybody install a remote start in an 2003 Accord yet?? I just took delivery of mine this weekend and would like to get one installed...have any issues? anything I should look out for??
  • mayzcrazemayzcraze Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone tinted the windows of their Accord? I have heard warnings and horror stories related to tinting due to the fact that the rear window is used as an antenna. Any advice?

Also, has anyone upgraded their sound system? I am looking to make a moderately cheap upgrade (under $500) and am looking for suggestions.

Thanks!!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Use the "Go to" feature at the top of the page to go to post #30. There are a few posts concerning tinting beginning there.
  • krillinkrillin Member Posts: 27
    Has anyone installed these on the '03 Accord? If so, are they the 9006ST ones?
    there's also some discussion about this in the coupe forum, i believe... i didn't have a problem during the 5 months i had it on my old coupe. i'll be putting it on my new coupe shortly.

my only problem with it was on the coupes there is a dot matrix pattern that the tint won't stick to, so it has to stop short of it. but on the 4doors that isn't an issue.
  • storm11storm11 Member Posts: 38
    Can anyone recommend fog/driving lights that mount nicely in the lower openings on an '02 EX V6? I believe Hella is probably on of the better brands for "throw" on the beam, spread on the beam and intensity. I also believe that have a few that have dimensions narrow enough to fit in this opening. The slits are only about 2" between each one. Any thoughts from anyone who has done the installation and what they used would be appreciated.
  • axjimaxjim Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me the width of rim of 98-02 accord ex?
  • watchdog2watchdog2 Member Posts: 21
    Greetings,

I am a new EX L 4 cylinder (eternal blue) owner. I would like to know has anyone had Honda foglights installed onto their vehicles? I am asking because the manual says you can't have them due to the "external temperature module" that's on the EX-L's and EX V6's.

Please advise....

Thanks
    i had the OEM foglights on my '00 accord coupe EX. bought them from an aftermarket place (most likely listed in earlier posts) and had them installed by a local place that does installations/body work/painting. you save almost $200 in installation fees by not using a dealership to install them on top of saving $50+ by buying aftermarket.

In the almost 2 years i had them on my car i never had any problems with external temperature etc, and the light output was satisfactory for me. i'm sure that hella and philips etc. might have a brighter beam, but i was pleased with the OEM ones. probably one of the best non engine/suspension mods i put on my car. (the roads are kinda dark where i live).

can't wait to have the money to drop on a new set for my '02 coupe.
  • JevonJevon Member Posts: 1
    I just finished Installing mine. I have a 2001 LX and they came black. I ordered a set for 85.00 a piece from A&H motorsport. it took me about 35 mins to install. All you have to do is remove the screws under the car and slide forward. Then remove old clips. When you replace with the new ones just snap them in place.
  • amingaming Member Posts: 119
    Fog lights can be installed together with temp indicator. There was a post earlier by someone who said they had no problems getting them installed...probably by dealer.
  • watchdog2watchdog2 Member Posts: 21
    Thanks you all for the info....
    The dealers are charging an arm and a leg for the lights and install.

Maybe I will order from collegehillshonda.com for a decent price.
  • storm11storm11 Member Posts: 38
    Folks,
    I'm a bit confused with the temp sensor/external temp module comments regarding fog lights. Can you clarify?

Also, to avoid any other existing wiring and/or sensors, why can't the fogs be wired directly to the positive terminal on the battery, through a relay and to the switch, with a fuse in between. I mounted two sets of Bosch lamps on two different vehicles this way a while back and aside from an occasional blown fuse (maybe three times in ten years), it worked well. It also provides independent control over the lamps from existing parking/head lights. Any thoughts?
  • amingaming Member Posts: 119
    here is the installation intructions for the fog lights. You might be able to get your questions answered by reading the file.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/03accord/foglights.pdf

cheers..

• magicomagico Member Posts: 40
    A co-worker of mine just purchased a 03 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe and did not like the rims that came with the car and bought new rims and tires and looking to sell the old ones. does anyone know what he could get for them? We are in CT.
    the most obvious and well-known place is: http://www.tirerack.com

lots of people have bought from them, myself included.

there is also http://victoriatire.com/, and if you go to http://groupbuycenter.com, they generally have some really good deals b/c you're getting a group of people to buy car parts in bulk basically.

He is looking to sell the tires and rims.
  • silverk21silverk21 Member Posts: 65
    Try eBay.
    He was thinking of that. He paid $1300 for his new ones. Any idea what he should ask for the old ones?
    sorry.
  • kelvinwookelvinwoo Member Posts: 6
    rayvn ,

Please give me a email to kelvin@hkspeed.com, but is it possible to put it on my 03 accord LX?

Kelvin
  • cardingtrcardingtr Member Posts: 23
    I installed Silverstars on my 03Accord. Instead of putting 9006s for low beam, I modified the 9005s a little bit and replaced the OEM 9006(low beams)with 9005 Silverstars. Big difference.
    Why 9005? 700 lumens difference.
This discussion has been closed.