Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Accessories

Comments

• martye320martye320 Member Posts: 45
    Hi! Here's a long post...

My Accord is the 2000 EX-L. I've found that Honda no longer makes the high quality cars they used to, nor is the customer service, both dealer and headquarters. But that's besides the fact. Here's what's in my toy box (and what I choose not to put in it).

Before I bought my car, I asked the dealer to take out all the stereo components and give me a better discount! lol I think that Honda's stereo is lame, whether it is low end Alpine or not. I got the dealer to throw in a Honda CD Changer for me and it was installed in the armrest. I guess I don't know why I did it now. I also have the wood face for the dashboard where the a/c and radio controls are, which is the Honda one which I found out was just a piece of cheap plastic and I am ever so glad that I didn't have to pay 130 bucks for it.

Anyway, I installed an Alpine Head unit with the swing face (the highest model just before you step up to Alpine's AI-Net stuff), my front speakers are MB quarts component, so i got 2 rockin tweeters and crossovers, the rear 6x9s are also MB Quarts 3 way. I have 2 JL Audio 10Ws (10 inch). I have two amps that power my music, both ate Precision Power amps (not the lower end PPI). I have way too much sound for what I wanted. But that's ok because the Precision Power EQs that I finally installed and that made all the difference keeps everything crystal clear so my ears don't burst. best part is everything is hidden, so my friends never expected to hear such good sound. BTW, this is not the best sound but for me, it's just what I wanted since i spend more time in my car than probably in my house!

I have windows all tinted, with this Titanium tint, I forgot what the company that makes the tint is called. i've used this before on my 97 Acura 3.0CL (which I would never buy again). and it is fine. It does not affect my defrosters or vision from rear window. I love it! (although some officers think differently) the front tint isn't even that dark!

I also dropped in a K&N filter. I choose not to do the whole intake because I did that on the CL and it sucked. It was loud, annoying, and didn't make a difference in performance enough for me to notice. Plus, the fuel economy went down a lot. It was RS Akimoto intake.

BTW, i got the headlights from Japan. The aftermarket ones here don't have the good craftsmanship. So I got the original ones they use in Japan, as well as the trunk lid chrome bar.

I love my car!
  • rapriderraprider Member Posts: 42
    sounds like you did up some nice stuff there, dude. ya outta post a pic, i'd like to see how it looks with the lights and the chrome kit.

rap
    Rap,

I don't have time right now to take scan and post my pix, but I did find a link that u can get an idea from, if u haven't seen clear headlights (although I'm sure it's after market, and not OEM Honda, and yes, there is a quality and look difference). http://www.honda.co.th/HCT/index_models_accord_gallery.htm

for the chrome trunk bar, look under "accessories" BTW, they have better accessories in Asia!
  • activex111activex111 Member Posts: 41
    i have a 99 accord EX V6.. it got some scratches on the rear bumber.. does anyone know if you get a touch up paint for this model? mine is heather mist color.. i tried the local pepboys, autozone etc..
  • ravynravyn Member Posts: 101
    your dealership has it.
  • dc_sports_ruledc_sports_rule Member Posts: 134
    On my 1995 Accord I have the following modifications:

1. DC Sports Stainless Steel Header

2. DC Sports Stainless Catback Exhaust

3. K&N Filter

4. Neuspeed upper strut tower bar

5. Professionally tinted windows

6. Michelin X-Ones

7. Honda leather steering wheel cover

8. Fives Coats of Finish First Polish

That's it for now. Considered lowering the car but in my climate, it would be asking for trouble in the winter.

http://www.dcsports.com

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com

what area are you in? i keep wanting to say d.c., but i think it's just your name that keeps throwing me. ;)
    DC is a brand.
    yes, i know that. i happen to be from the d.c. area, so when i see his name, i think d.c. area, in addition to company.
  • brando69brando69 Member Posts: 47
    Anyone install K&N Intake performance kits on their vehicles? It suppose to increase horsepower and gas mileage.
    with an aem cold air intake (using the k&n filter) you might see 6-8 hp...

my gas mileage hasn't really changed.
    I put in the filter only. I don't notice anything.
  • ziggy21ziggy21 Member Posts: 13
    I have a 2001 EX V6 and would like to hear a little more growl coming out of the exhaust. Other than removig the mufflers, any ideas?
  • dcfelladcfella Member Posts: 31
    Get a cold air intake...it'll cost you about 175-200
  • accordforumsaccordforums Member Posts: 2
    1. Is there any aftermarket accessory for
    power locks on a 2001 VP (aka DX). We
    have realized the importance of power doors!

2. Has anyone have any experience with the
    accessory rubber floor mats ?
    Best deals on the internet for it ?

Thanks for your help!
  • qwallsqwalls Member Posts: 406
    Most alarm shops can add them for $50-$75/door.
  • accordforumsaccordforums Member Posts: 2
    Will such aftermarket mods affect the standard
    3yr/36K warranty ? I mean will it void any
    parts of the warranty in case of problems ?
  • ziggy21ziggy21 Member Posts: 13
    I have the 2001 EX-V6 200 hp. I want get more of a low growl sound from the engine. The folks at MIDAS muffler say that a "Raven" with the dual pipes on each muffler and polished stainless steel is the way to go (VP 1720 at around 800.00 bucks)Any suggestions? Also said would increase house power up to 40 hp.
    You should get RSR. Good and not annoying. IMHO anyway. My brother has the headers and exhaust on his GS-R.
    yeah, but where can you find one anymore? they don't ship to the US...i've been looking. =(

but the apexi world sport is along the same lines as the rs*r, or so i've been told from people who have them.
  • aparnet2aparnet2 Member Posts: 13
    Have scrolled up and down, and found much help information.

I want a full nose mask for my new 2002 accord. I checked http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/accordhalfmask.pdf. The installation seems complicated. And the instructions are for 2000 model. If I order a mask in online shops and install it by myself, is it a tough job? ( I am not good at any auto work at all) Thanks.

it's not that hard.. a bit tedious, but not hard. works best with 2 people, but do-able with 1. and it is something that you need to put on yourself anyway, as you have to take it off to clean it, regularly. if it rains, take if off and let it and the car dry, then wash it before you put it back on.
  • inkieinkie Member Posts: 281
    I read your post and note you use "Finish First" wax. I have been trying to locate a place that sells it. Where did you buy it? Thanxs
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Looks like you can order directly from the Finish First web site.

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/finishfirst.html

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • inkieinkie Member Posts: 281
    Karen,
    Thank you for this information. I was given a can of this wax sometime ago snd liked the results. Was looking in local stores and could not find it,should have called manufacturer. Anyway, thanks again your a good host!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You're welcome! :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • ranmet94ranmet94 Member Posts: 2
    1)Add a K and N air filter, about 50 bucks, it will show improved HP

2)DC sports front strut tower brace bar--best 200 bucks u will spend, better handling, braking, Neuspeed also make one

3)Suspension techniques front and rear sway bars. This makes the car handle like it should, it comes with urethane bushings too. 250 bucks

4)aftermarket bulbs for better lights

5) NGK V plugs or split fires--adds a few HP

6)better plug wires--- more HP also

7)better tires---those overpriced Mich MXV4 Plus gotta go. put 215/55 Pilots on, or even Conti CH 95 if cash is low. all are better than stock. I use a winter tire called Vredestein,if u live in a snow belt

forget that cosmetic crap, these additions make this car much better. mufflers just add noise, a bra will ruin the finish, and a fin is 500 bucks

for less than a grand(less the tires), the car is much better, especially if u want performance.
    the kumho ecsta 712 tires are great for spring/summer tires, and are even better for the price. tirerack has them for around $63/tire.

anyone here have the dunlop sp sport 5000's? from all of the reviews i've read, they seem to be an excellent all-season, and i'm going to be replacing my stock turanza's after this winter.
    So I have to replace my tires soon. 2000 EX 4 cyl Sedan. should I get Pilots instead of the MXV4+? I read the reviews and it seems they are the best...?
    if you want to spend $100+ a tire... they are a good tire, though. just depends on your budget. =)
    those dunlops tend to go around $90/tire.
  • ckrllckrll Member Posts: 19
    I have the Dunlop SP5000 on a 2000 LX 4 cylinder. I like the tire very much. It's V rated and is stiffer than the OEM Michelins. It's quiet and smooth, and adds a level of precision and control to the handling which was not there in the Michelins. And, it is is a great tire on wet roads. The trade off is that while the ride is quiet, the Michelins were quieter, and while the ride is smooth, the Michelins were smoother. But the better handling and control, especially on wet surfaces make the SP5000 , for me, a much better tire.

John
    great...
    that's pretty much what i'd heard all around for those tires. can't wait to get 'em. =)
    does the Pilot perform, handle and noise compared to the MXV4+ that i already have, or the dunlops?
  • jc77jc77 Member Posts: 14
    does anyone know how to clear out the orange strip on the headlights of a 2001 accord?
    a lot of people have used this chick's page:

http://windsrprk.home.mindspring.com/how-to.html#headlights

seems to help.

anyone have any experience with the brand of window tint film: california tint?

i got a decent price on a job from a place in the D.C. area that will pick up your car, do the job and bring it back, but that's the film they use and i hadn't heard of it. how is it in comparison to 3M, llumar etc?

thanks for the link ravyn. it sounds pretty complicated. does anyone know where i can get it done in LA or orange county? anyone know how much too?
    Don't clear them. It will leak and moisture will form. Gets nasty after several months. You can find cheap aftermarket parts around San Gabriel or Rowland Heights.

Tint: I go to California Tint on Rosemead Blvd. by In n Out burgers. Get the lifetime titanium tint. I've had 4 cars done there. None of the tint faded or bubbled.
    a honda dealership in falls church, va outsources their tinting to a california tint shop...

but is there a brand of film called california tint?

i'm prolly going to end up at that california tint shop though.. if a dealership is happy with it.. ;)

thanks.

-also, for the lights, you can buy aftermarket clear housings, and prolly get them put on at a reputable shop.
    The shop I'm referring to is in Rosemead, CA. Not VA =) My corners are clear and made in Japan. I don't like aftermarket, plus when I wanted them, only one company made them (Taiwanese) and it didn't look good, not fit the price range. So I flew to get them myself and had a nice vacation. Everyone on the plane wondered what the hell I was carrying! I had my dealer install them (my sales manager owed me a favor). No problem since. =)
    how much was your tint job at California tint?
  • baboonusbaboonus Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if Honda factory stereo's have RCA connectors to hook up an amplifier. I have a 2002 Accord with the single Cd/ cassette head unit. I'm interested in hooking up a amp and upgrading the speakers without changing the head unit.

Thanks
    Pay CASH and everything is cheap. I paid a bit over a hundred bucks. But then I've gotten 4 cars there and referred a good crowd. =)
    I had my system done at Al and Ed's Autosound, which is a chain that I do not recommend. However, that's beside the point. My first install had the original single CD head unit and I put in two Precision Power amps (one for speakers and one for subs). I did not get an EQ or change the head unit. However, the controls were screwy...either as a result of tech not knowing what he's doing, or it just doesn't work that way with the Honda Head unit bass treble knobs. I changed the head unit to Alpine and used my old alpine changer. The honda changer and head unit is in a box practically brand new!

I then got a PPI eq added when I did the head unit. It sounds fine, except the fade still doesn't work correctly on the head unit itself. ?? who knows. who cares right? use the EQ. NOW the sounds are much better.

If I could do it all over again... I'd leave the original speakers, get one 8" sub or one 10". I have two JL Audio 10" right now and it's too much. Find a good spot for the subs and get a band pass box. Oh, the amps fit under the seats. Don't let anyone tell you they don't. there's quite a bit of room there. And by the way, most tweeters out there will fit in the spot where the original tweeters are in the front near the windshield. Don't get suckered into getting them drilled on the door panels like I did. They fit!!! The first tech was just a lazy jerk and wanted to go home and not do my car right. Oh, use monster cable. get the heaviest gauge as possible. You'll appreciate it later.
  • dcfelladcfella Member Posts: 31
    What's a good front strut bar to get and do they make a significant difference? Also, any links to good websites i can get one would be appreciated.
  • nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    I am thinking about getting a trailer hitch installed on my 97 accord and put a hitch style bike rack, anyone has any recommendations?

thanks
  • junkss00junkss00 Member Posts: 3
    Did you happen to see what brand the stock stereo was when you replaced?
  • baf879baf879 Member Posts: 6
    Stock stereo for Honda is made by Alpine.... I'm pretty sure of this unless someone knows better?
  • junkss00junkss00 Member Posts: 3
    I would think it's alpine too sine all the previous hondas used alpine. Bu 2001 v6 model's 6 disc stereo has a very similar design layout as the acura's (I forgot which model), except it doesn't say Bose on the Honda. I wanted to upgrade to a better system, but if it's a bose, it would be waste to remove it. I would just probable get some speaker which is from Pioneer, and some amps.
  • apurushapurush Member Posts: 10
    I have about 55K miles and it looks like I need new tires. Any advice on what to buy? Also, if I go in for a 215/65-R15 instead of 205/65-R15 (just a little more wide), what are the pros and cons to it?

Thanks.
  • vbadervbader Member Posts: 1
    Thinking of getting a moonroof visor for my 2002 accord coupe. The clips that hold it in place extend down into the moonroof opening. Anybody else feel like this might interfere with getting a good seal and maybe getting a leak? Anybody out there who has the moonroof visor notice any problems?
This discussion has been closed.