Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• basset3basset3 Member Posts: 9
    Just bought a new 2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe. Dealer added on pinstriping and splashguards...out the door for $22,500 including transfer fees. NH doesn't have a sales tax, but thought it was a good deal.

What's anyone else paying?
  • dplumdplum Member Posts: 1
    Bob Howard Honda in Oklahoma City, $21497 out the door. Steve Bailey Honda in Oklahoma City, $21597 out the door. I bought mine last week at Bob Howard. Nice car, but too much wind noise at highway speeds, and transmission shifts weird.
  • lijingjiyulijingjiyu Member Posts: 1
    I get the car(no option) at $17000($1100 low than invoice price), Plux tax and tag I totally paid $18260,I don't know is a good price?
  • cds12cds12 Member Posts: 139
    I'm hoping to get an 2002 EX 5spd sometime in the next 6 months for $18,000 or even lower. Is this realistic? I'm in central PA. When do you think would be the best time to get one? I was thinking sept or oct when the 2003s are comming out.
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    No, that's not realistic. There is dealer cash on the car right now if you have your own financing, but even that won't bring it down that far.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    for $16992. I have no trade, plan to pay cash so this is real money. While there may not be official rebates in place, apparently Honda is offering generous dealer incentives that are making these end-of-model Accords surprisingly affordable. I see some complaining here and there about the modest power (CR in particular), but I didn't find it so. I drove an Accord VP (135hp) and the LX (150hp). I really couldn't tell much difference power-wise which makes the VP auto @ $14,950 a heck of a deal if you can live without power locks, windows, and mirrors. Both cars drove beautifully. I'm trying to decide tonight if those few power features are worth $2k. I actually liked that no-nonsense feel of the DX with the Value Package....not a thing there you don't need with all the good stuff about an Accord.....reminded me of the old days.....no fluff and all business. Any thoughts?
  • jeremybanjeremyban Member Posts: 2
    just bought a near new condition 98 LX, silver, 82.5k, auto, cd/cassette, keyless, alarm for $8,500, $9180 OTD w/tax,tag etc. had it checked out by mechanic and bodyman. looks and drives like the new 2002 silver LX i test drove last week...but $10,000 less.
  • jrsmoothjrsmooth Member Posts: 11
    Hello, I am going to buy an NEW Accord SE Silver on July 24, 2002, and the price in my mind is $18000 Out of The Door, I will paying $3000 in cash, the rest will finance, is it a realistic number or it is not? Please help since this is my first car with no prior buying experience. I am living in Washington DC (ZIP 20001). Thank you very much for your help.
  • gusfivegusfive Member Posts: 2
    What should I pay for a 2002, 2 dr. EX, auto trans., V-6, leather, no fancy options, taking into consideration the $750 dealer rebate. I am in the Washington, D.C. area.
    Gus Five
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    Naples Gold EX-V6, $22,300 including fog lights and wheel locks.

Pick the car up tonight.
    Even with the dealer incentive, you're out of line. I'd offer that to a dealer as the purchase price, but "out the door" in my book includes doc fee, tax, title and registration.
  • msurgeon2msurgeon2 Member Posts: 12
    I just got an email "lowest prices upfront" quote for 2002 SE with side airbags,mudflaps,pinstripe for $19200. You guys seem to get much better deals in other areas than we do in St.Louis.
    RAYBEAR, I am sorry but I am a newbie when comes to car buying, here are my two questions: One, one dealer give me a quote for $17,700, but after all the fees (includes 6.5% DC Tax), the price went back to $19,500, was that out of line? Also, as you mentioned above, how much those "doc fee, title and registration" normally cost?
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    $16999 plus TT&L. No ad fees or anything else other than the usual stuff. $18248 out-the-door with no trade so the full sales tax is in there. I had the assignment from my mom to find the best deal on a reliable car with power windows and enough juice to get out of it's own way. It was fairly easy. Checked out Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, and Subaru. The Accord is the best deal around at the moment (at least a $1000 less than anything comparable) for someone who keeps a car a long time and doesn't care it's an end-of-year, end-of-model vehicle. My wife drives an 01 Lexus ES300. Great car but I can't tell you it feels all that much better than mom's new LX. Honda knows how to make a medium priced car that feels like a luxomobile. With the incentives it's a heck of a deal.
  • bunk1968bunk1968 Member Posts: 119
    What is the best price I could probably get on an EX V6 '02' with spoiler, tax, and all, out the door? What are others paying right now and do you think it will come down in a moth or so?
    Depends on what you have to pay for registration. Find out what the "doc" fee is, in Maryland it's limited and in Virginia it's not.
  • drwolverinedrwolverine Member Posts: 1
    Just got this deal from the dealer in MI. And I am trying to bargain more.
    I live in MI tax is 6% I think the destination fee was between 400 and 500. I was given the lowest quote of 24300 with spoiler and out the door, but I have seen some that have been paying as low as 21 something. They do live in other states though, I didn't think that would make too big of a difference.
  • clark123456clark123456 Member Posts: 1
    Check out www.carsdirect.com for good "fair" price comparisons.
    Try carsdirect for a quote, they are a good benchmark.
  • dherdmandherdman Member Posts: 3
    I just bought an SE in Canada, which is different than the US version, comes with ABS. Anyway the sticker here is $24,800 (CDN) I paid $23,340 (CDN) which is $400 (CDN) over invoice.
  • cds12cds12 Member Posts: 139
    $23,340 (CDN), Isn't that like $11,000 (US)?
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    Anybody know what dealer in Atlanta is the Carsdirect dealer? Carsdirect quotes for Atlanta zip codes shows $17476 for the SE w/o side airbags. Carsdirect said that they would only sell at price quoted for my zipcode. As I am nearby, would like to know what Atlanta dealer would sell the SE for that price.
  • kannan2kannan2 Member Posts: 1
    hello all,
    i am trying to lease 2002 accord EX-v4/auto/cloth for 36 months.
    what do u think best monthly payment will be with no money down. what will be residual?
    thank you for your reply.
    I just used a currency converter from the Bank of Canada. 23,340 CDN would buy $15,193.33 US right now. That is the base after that they add a/c tax ($100), fuel tax ($75), dealer fee($95), PDI/Destination ($850) and sales tax (15%). Brings the price up quite a bit. With all that in it comes to about $28000 CDN or $18,226.79 US
    BAMACAR, $17,476 sounds very familiar, that was the lowest quote I got from one of the local dealer here in Washington DC (ZIP 20001), plus all fees and tax of course. Is this coincident or what?
  • minsukangminsukang Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I paid $19800 for EX-L, Automatic, SULEV, Silver
    on 5/31 not includeing tax (8.25% here) and doc prep. ($40) and license fee (around $150).

I am living in Bay area.
    The car is so far good (of course !!)
    17426 is exactly 1750 under invoice. I wonder if the dealer cash is that high now -maybe in just certain large markets?
    What is dealer cash? I saw on this town hall that some said they paid as low as 22500 out the door for EX V6 coupes, but I went to a dealer just yesterday and they said that was impossible and they showed me the invoice was around 23400 or something like that. Does dealer cash mean that they can go below invoice price? Will they go below invoice when the 03 is out?
  • stansmithstansmith Member Posts: 3
    Current Civic EX owner (127 hp) about to take advantage of the year end Accord deals by purchasing an LX. Would like to hear from Accord owners before I buy.

Is the 150 hp four sufficient for the size of the car? On paper the six looks awesome, but am leaning to the 4 cylinder to shave 3 grand off the price on the LX. Will I forever regret this decision, or does it actually provide sufficient scoot for the car's weight?

Comments? Anyone feel strongly about this at all?

Thanks.
    Dealer cash is an incentive paid directly to the dealer for selling the car instead of to the customer as in- Rebate. Depending on the dealer, they may give you none, some, or all of the cash as a discount of the selling price. I like the sound of "all".
    Thank you thank you thank you!! How can I find out if there is dealer cash being given out on the EX V6 Coupe?
    All Accords have the dealer cash.
  • engine810engine810 Member Posts: 1
    Purchase Price = 21979
    + Spoiler = 460
    + Sales Tax = 300 (max for SC)
    + Doc Fee = 199
    ________
    Total Price = 22938 (out the door)

They are wanting to get rid of these body styles before august. Also, I got 4.75% financing from Honda Finance.
  • npkbnpkb Member Posts: 25
    Looks like the dealer incentive is very high right now. I was quoted 17K for LX with side air bags.
    What do you guys think about 7yr/100K Extended warranty for $1000????????? Warrantybynet.com also quoted about the same.

Comments please!
  • th83th83 Member Posts: 164
    I was quoted $23,039 out-the-door for an EX V6 with mudguards. So before taxes and fees the price of the car was barely over $22k or over $1k below invoice.
    I drove a Civic SI Veloz (127 HP Civic 2002) and the the 2002 Accord SE 150 Hp (which I ended up buying), the Accord was much more powerful then the civic, and it drives much nicer. I think if you are happy with the Civic you will be happy with the 4 cyl Accord.
  • dcmikedcmike Member Posts: 53
    Has anyone run across good deals on V6 EX's in the DC area? Wanted to wait for the 2003's, but have a buyer (cash) for my 1993 Accord SE, so I have to have to make a decision (was going to buy a Maxima GLE, but the ride was way too harsh). Thanks!
  • jdjkajjdjkaj Member Posts: 3
    Call O'Donnell Honda in Ellicott City, MD. They are offering any Accord for $1,500 under invoice. They're just trying to move the 02s. Invoice on a V6 EX is 23,205, so you can get it for 21,705.

Their number is 410-461-5000.
    that can tell me where to get a good price. I live in Wixom. I heard that Victory Honda in Plymouth had 2.9% but when I called they were really wishy washy about offering it.
  • ssee28ssee28 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the price info, I to live around your area and i'm still thinking weather i should buy the 2002 accord v6 ex 2dr or wait for 2003.

Billpagehonda quote me for 23,100.00 about 400 less then yours ... Now is this 21,705 out the door price? Cause the 23100.00 is out the door price (includes Tax).

2003 has
    240HP
    Nav
    (Aval in Sept)
    I called one dealership and they said that the 03 - 6 speed coupe will not be available until spring.
  • jdjkajjdjkaj Member Posts: 3
    The 21,705 is after the destination charge, but before taxes and tags. Tax at 5% plus tags at $166 and you come up with 22,956.
    how about the 03 - 5speed Coupe auto? I hear that the auto will be release before the 6speed from the dealer .... I thought he said sept but he did mention that it might be Nov more likely but he did say the 6speed will be aval in spring of 2003.

Now with this 5speed auto comes with a sport shifter?
    So you heard the same thing I did about the six speed not being released until Spring??? Well, I could settle for the auto, but I need something that comes out as soon as possible. I hope that the 5 speed auto does not come out in NOVEMBER!
    I think I may just go get the 02 and save as much as 3 or 4 thousand. I just hope that it is an automobile that is still respectable and is still something to admire in comparison to the new Accord, Altima, and Camry.
    03-accord sedan will be release in Sept 03 (production date is in Aug)

Then follow by the 03-accord-coup-auto
    (I just know the production date is in Sept)

Then follow by the 03-accord-coup-6speed (spring 03)

These dealer are very shady people ... lolz
    Thank you so much!
    I am so desperate that the coupe not being available the first week of Sept. is a problem. Shoot!!! (to say the least)
    Keep calling the dealer they may come in sept =), dont' know i just see what i'm reading (Saw a pre-order list from one of the honda dealership in ohio)...(But thats in Ohio don't know about VA or MD)

It said:
    September Production
    - 2003 Accord Coupe Production
    - Accord EX-V6 Auto in Sapphire Blue Pearl

But agreed that you can't bring the price down =( once it comes out ... Stupid honda can't release pictures .... Where is that Big 'Honda's National Accord Press Launch Begins June 17th' ????

Hahahahah, damn...
  • jasonxinjasonxin Member Posts: 1
    Base price $19017 (w/dest fee)
    Tax: $1567
    Doc: $45
    DMV: $170
    Total: $20799

I'm in bay area. Is this a good deal?

Jason