Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jbl8jbl8 Member Posts: 40
    Indeed. A lot of people are reluctant to donate even $100 for a good cause. But when it comes to buy a car, they are too generous! I would rather wait and save. I don't believe that there will be no more cars. :confuse: Are you kidding!
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    At some point before the new Accord gets to dealers the supplies of the old model will start falling. If you want a particular color or model, you may be out of luck at that point. I remember around Sept. of 2002 there were some people who couldn't get the particular model and color last of the old generation at the price they wanted--because literally there were none left. Probably if you buy by August, however, there will still be plenty...

I think the 8th generation is going to be great. I'm thinking of waiting for it. But it's likely to cost 2000-3000 more. It may only go up 1000 in list price, but it will be selling at close to list for a while. The discounts like they have on the current generation will not be available for years.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    Permission to buy an Accord? My wife would kiss my feet and do a victory dance if I traded in one of my stupid toys for a Honda Accord. Great gas mileage, safety, room for five, nicely appointed--at half the price! Women love guys who drive Accords because it says that they're sensible, responsible, and unpretentious. Yup, everything we don't want to be known as...
    Replies to this message:

Well, when she holds the check book...Actually, we have saving for a while for a down payment. Each month we save, will be less to finance.

Isell, being a teacher, I hope to test drive during spring break possibly so I can take the kids and test them out with car seats in the back. Plus, I don't want to buy when I test drive, so having the kids is a good excuse to leave the dealership and come back later.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It is unlikely to go up $1000. Most of the time the MSRP of the new models are very close to the final MSRP of outgoing model. There just will not be any incentives plus production usually ramps up slowly so selection will be poor for months and there will be much less discounting on the 2008s.
    If you are not too picky about a single color choice, you will still be able to buy a 2007 right before and for a little while after the 2008s come out.
    They are sure to build and stockpile enough so they don't run out and lose millions of dollars of sales by not having anything to sell during the model changeover. On top of that sales usually drops off for a few months right before a new model is released as people postpone their purchase in anticipation, so there are usually good deals offered then to get people from sitting on the fence waiting.
  • novagirlnovagirl Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Last week (2/26/07) I purchased a 2007 Accord EX-L Auto 4 cyl 4dr for a price, out the door, of $22,249. That includes everything (including fees, tags, title, and my Virginia state tax of 3.12%). They also threw in wheel locks and mud flaps. I believe that this was a good price from what I've read here, but would love your input. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Novagirl
  • hondaguy67hondaguy67 Member Posts: 66
    Hi there, the 750 dealer cash is still going on and will be at least till the end of the month.
  • robertcadnorrobertcadnor Member Posts: 3
    I've just recently received the same quote in California. It's the lowest quote I've received yet and was wondering why it was so low. Maybe you're right about the 08's arriving soon.

Can anyone chime in on this?
    Hi Novagirl,

The best quote I found for the EX-L Auto 4 Cyl sedan was $21,600 and that is before TTL. Sounds to me like you got a good deal. Congrats on your new car!
  • hondaguy67hondaguy67 Member Posts: 66
    the 08 accords will nt be arrivi ng until at least late september early october. there are incentives and volume bonuses that American Honda is giving to dealers for the entire year on accord sales. not too mention that the amount of accords a dealer sells between now and when the 08's come out directly affects the original allocation of new Accords they will receive at release. forward looking dealers will let 07's go for less because of these reasons.
  • novagirlnovagirl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!

Yes, I actually just rechecked my paperwork and I made a mistake...

My price was $21,391 including the $595 freight but BEFORE taxes of $650, title of $22, plate fee of $29, $299 processing fee, and a business license tax of $36. And I made a mistake on the out the door total -- it was actually $22,429. But I still think that was good... do y'all agree?

Again it was a 2007 Accord EX-L Auto 4cyl 4dr (no Nav).

Thanks!
    Novagirl
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    I'm getting ready to start shopping in earnest, so as a "test run" I emailed my local (& only) dealer about an SE V6 with Music-link and the quote given was $22,590 plus tax, etc. I know people are getting EX-L's for less, but I fully understand the reasoning for the quote given, the dealer hoping to find someone unlike us who don't know any better.

My question is this: Is this the best way to go about it, (emailing them for their price) or should I make my own offer up front? When you guys/gals do your bargaining to you mention up front your knowlege of Edmunds, etc?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    SE V-6 Accords are kind of an oddball car.

Nothing wrong with them but they are very slow sellers compared to the 4 cylinders.
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    First of all you might want to rethink the musiclink. I've seen countless poor reviews of it, and even a dealership has said they get a lot of unsatisfied customers. Maybe isellhondas can clear it up. Meanwhile, there are 3rd party devices with the same functionality, most prominently the USA SPEC interface, which is about $150. Installation at Bestbuy or maybe some auto shop may run from $60-$100? But you can also do it yourself.

As for the car itself: e-mailing/talking to the internet manager is a good approach; once (s)he gives you a price, compare it to what others are paying or other quotes you've gotten, and get them to go lower if they're not super-competitive. Even if a dealer is 80 mi away, it doesnt hurt to get the quote so that you can tell the dealer 10 mi away what the other guy was offering.
    Great info on the musiclink, this is the first I've heard of this. To all, thanks much.
    Thanks, HondaGuy!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The USA SPEC doesn't have the same potential functionality of the Musiclink, but since the extra features of the MusicLink work so poorly, that is no real loss.
    On a feature list of checkboxes, the MusicLink looks better until you actually try to use it.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I use the kid excuse too. It works even better when you don't feed them before you go to the dealer. By the time the salesman takes out his 4-square, the kids will be screaming and you can bail without fighting past the sales manager! Of course, this tactic doesn't work when they've got the hot dog cart, popcorn machine, and balloon-blowing clown in the dealership for the big sales event! :D
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Still no mention of the $750 incentive at Edmunds. Wonder why they are not updating?
  • lambodreamerlambodreamer Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I have read up on these forums for the past 2 months and it seems like it would have been useful for me to join.

Well, down to my question. I am currently negotiating on a 2007 EX-L. So far the dealer's offer is 22,200 not including any fees or taxes. Invoice is at 22,500 and msrp is at 25,050. I think I can get him down to 21,000. Is this a good goal? Should I reach even lower? Am I reaching too much?

P.S. I am in NJ, where sales tax is 7%
    To anyone interested in the Ipod interface:
    My local BestBuy doesn't carry the USA SPEC. But you can Goggle and find the web site, and they have a dealer locater on the site. If you live in a small market you may have to travel a bit, or try and see if a local audio outlet would install it if you bought yourself online & brought it in, or if you're good at that stuff - install it yourself.
    hey lambodreamer

where in nj are you? if you've been reading i've been hyping up joyce honda in northern NJ b/c i had a really good experience and price with them. idk what deal is going now (i think its the same as in jan), but in january i got about $1,250 below invoice on an SE 4cyl (comparing just car price to invoice for just car). then add destination, doc fee ($180), and EVERYTHING else. but they didnt add any unnecessary fees. if you're anywhere near em, give em a call. besides, NJ has SO MANY honda dealers-- call a BUNCH and get quotes on the phone.
    $1250 below invoice? I didn't think that was possible.
    What was your OTD price?
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    And was there a trade involved...?
    I am in Northern Jersey as wel. i just went to DCH Paramus Honda in Paramus obviously. Got a new quote on a EX-L V6 with navigation for 28,400 drive off price, taxes fees everything included in that price. And there is no trade involved, no money down. And that includes 2 unnecessary fees: the etch fee and the protection safety fee of 599, I got him to throw in the etch fee without adding it to the price.

Thoughts on this deal?

Any thoughts on this deal?
    No trade involved. I dont want to spam the board up so heres a link: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/13965

$18200 plus dest, doc and everything. Invoice is $19,493 according to Edmunds . Both prices not including destination. Don't hold em to that price but try and maybe they'll match the discount :o) MORE importantly, the guys @ joyce were very professional, helpful, and quick. didn't throw any useless charges or ask for this garbage or that garbage
    You can get the VIN etching for $20 Do It Yourself kit online. And I asked GEICO and they said it would reduce my 6-month premium by a whopping $3. Yes Three Dollars.

Anyway, $28,400 doesnt seem like that bad a price? But I am just going off the invoice I see on Edmunds ($26480) so I havent given it much thought. Please break it down. Does that include DMV $254 that they'll charge you for tags and 4 years registration???
    I still don't quite understand the $1,250 below invoice. You say $18,200 plus destination and doc fee. That implies that they are not included in the $18,200.

What was the total price paid including everthing buy taxes and tags (the two variables that change)? That is the only way we can really compare prices.
    26500 - car price
    595 - destination
    1889.65 - NJ taxes
    206 - doc fee n tire tax
    254 - tag fees
    extras:
    599 - protection pkg - which supposedly helps ur paint from not chipping

Total = 29,494 minus the protection pkg. can anyone school me on the protection pkg? Is it beneficial, is it worth 599?

My Total= 28,400 which includes the protection pkg, so in essence I am getting 1100 below invoice, getting it for 25,400 and I can knock off the 595 for the protection package and bring my final price to 27,805
    SE V6 at NJ

$20500 -- the price including dest.
    $299 - documentation fee
    $TTL

EX-L for 26500? Even if it is V6, kind of high at NJ, I got my Pilot EX-L 4WD for less last year. But I believe that the price for SE V6 is attainable in anywhere. Stick to the price and they will sell you the car. Otherwise, my sales person will do the price for you, if you don't mind to drive to NJ.

Information is the key! This forum has the information! Please post your price after the purchase to help others and make the market more efficient. :blush:
    Way too high in terms of relative value! SE V6 is about $20500 in NJ (I just purchased on). I won't pay EX-L for $22,200, unless it is V6. The leather doesn't worth that much. Your price should be lower than SE V6.

Not enough research and your offer should be much lower.

;)
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "SE V6 is about $20500 in NJ"

Should be a bit cheaper than that... next time hold out for 20K OTD.
  • billkrzbillkrz Member Posts: 2
    My local dealer, Rule Honda in Staunton, Virginia told me that Honda allows for either the $750.00 cash back or 4.9% financing on new Accords but not both. Is this correct? Thanks.
    Why 20K? What's the inside scoop? :shades:
    20K OTD HAS TO BE impossible

I got the SE 4cyl for 20.3K OTD in NJ (7% tax) and everyone said I got the best deal on an SE they've seen (and yes i worked hard for that price). How would you get the v6 for the same price?
    See like 2 posts above your post, i linked to the *full* break down. 19493-18200 = $1293 under invoice. both values do not include destination and doc.
    EXL-V6 with Navigation for 28,000 drive off price. Includes taxes, all fees and everything else you can think of. So the car price before taxes and every fee was about 25000. Edmudns invoice on it 26400 so im getting 1400 below invoice. The msrp on a SE v6 is only 23K when the msrp on a EX V6 with navigation is 29450. Relative difference in price is in favor of the SE, but that is because it is easier to get better and cheaper deals on the lower end models. and the SE is a lower end model compared to the EX v6 with nav.

I think 1400 below invoice is a great deal for the EX v6 w/ Nav. I will certainly look for a better deal, but I doubt I will find it.
  • wagnerpewagnerpe Member Posts: 21
    I picked up my vehicle on 2/28/07, when the financing was not an option - just the $750.00. I had a 6.1% rate from Capital One (60 months) and the finance department ran my credit and said that Honda could do no better than match it. I was fine with that. I had no trade because I was in an accident on 2/17/07 and my car was totaled, so I paid the full boat in tax (I will be reimbursed by my insurance company for some of it, but I haven't gotten that check yet :( ) Here's the breakdown from the Buyer's Order:

Price: $16,475 (includes destination)
    Documentary Services: $58.48
    Total Cash Price: 16,533.48
    Sales Tax (6.75%): $1,116.00
    New Plates: $143.00
    Total Unpaid Balance: $17,792.48
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    What dealer in NJ?

I live in NJ and am in the market for either a sonata or accord.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Total = 29,494 minus the protection pkg. can anyone school me on the protection pkg? Is it beneficial, is it worth 599?

The so called protection package is a total scam...like the old rustproofing farce.

Absolutely don't pay a nickel for it.
    Rt.22, sales person Imah, if they gave you ridiculous number, mention 'Chen' to cap the SE V6 at $20500 include dest. Maybe you can do better, someone here suggest that $20K is possible and believe it. If I have the time to do the "dealing".

Please post your results to help others too.

:shades:
    BTW someone else had mentioned; if you're going to mention salespeople's names, please do it in a private msg

jack47, edmunds' msging seems to be shot.. whats ur email and ill give u names in northern nj... or i guess u can go to my previous posts when i didnt know the rules :P
    FWIW I am running into some dealers saying the $750 incentive is over (still not listed on Edmunds) and am also getting some rather high prices. Is the incentive regional? Anybody paid $750 under invoice (or better) in March yet (true invoice)?
  • cjackmancjackman Member Posts: 1
    I found another site that helped me save about $830 and change on my loan for a new 2007 Accord. You can check it out here:

http://www.carbuycom.com

Everytime I log on I find something else useful there for buying cars. Plus it has entertaining news and articles.

- CJ
  • lerigotlerigot Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,
    This site and everybody has been very helpful to me while shopping for my new Accord. I just bought one today for $21535 out the door. I also got LoJack for $500. I bought this in the bay area. I will post the complete breakdown very soon so that others can benefit.
    Just one more thing. There is a $1000 dealer cash incentive going on these days.
    Also, there was no trade in and I paid cash.
  • bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    the 08 accords will nt be arrivi ng until at least late september early october. there are incentives and volume bonuses that American Honda is giving to dealers for the entire year on accord sales. not too mention that the amount of accords a dealer sells between now and when the 08's come out directly affects the original allocation of new Accords they will receive at release. forward looking dealers will let 07's go for less because of these reasons.

hondaguy mentions this for those interested :shades:
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Makes sense. We stopped to look at a Fit tonight and we noticed that that Accords were all 1400-2000 below invoice (hard to tell exactly as they add $600-700 of worthless junk to the car). Shockingly low prices on those things. 20k for an EX?
  • bigdadieeeeeeebigdadieeeeeee Member Posts: 2
    I am new to the game I need advice on what I should pay for a vp, lx, ex 4 cyl in the new york area. If anyone has done a deal in the white plains-yonkers area please let me know
  • dalindalin Member Posts: 9
    I want to get eitehr an accord or camary but found that camary price is too high. I regard CE is comaprable to VP but I found in Edmond forum, CE mannual transimission is more than 20,000 for out door price right now. Too expensive.

It sounds great deals are going on in the North for Accord VP.

How about in south florida around west palm beach? Is that possible for me to get a VP auto transimision for something between $18,000 to $19,000 for out door price?
    Please tell us your location when you post your breakdown.

The lowest offer I've rec'd so far after contacting several dealers is about 20,500 (without counter-offering), assume that doesn't include dest.
  • bobafettbobafett Member Posts: 9
    $22,200 is a pretty good price if it includes all dealer fees. Don't get caught up in total OTD prices, as taxes and tag fees vary state to state.
    If they want a "document fee" (say $299), make them price it out separtely.
    21,901 + 299 = 22,200