Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thezonethezone Member Posts: 26
    Congrats! on your new car.

Who was the dealer and did you get the price finalized before you went in?
  • thezonethezone Member Posts: 26
    :):):)

I want to see one of those F&I faces with that looks soon. The dealer has been calling me after i walked out. I told them to send the quote first. If not, im planning to travel to get the car from a farther dealer next weekend.
  • fxafxa Member Posts: 9
    Pls, let me know which dealership this is.

Thanks
  • gaggag Member Posts: 5
    What's the 'triple net price' and where do i find out about it?
  • sharadsharad Member Posts: 10
    Fxa

I dont know much about incentives, But i want to make sure that my car is V4 and not V6. If 21400 is a V6 price then it is a good deal.

All the best..........
  • dallas_cowboydallas_cowboy Member Posts: 10
    Lute Riley - it was kindof finalized before I went there - but i went in and won a few more freebies - they were pretty rigid on the price though, saying that the manufacturer incentives of last month were no longer in place.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Unless you are talking about an old Saab, there is no such thing as a V4. It's an inline 4 cyl.
  • sharadsharad Member Posts: 10
    that was a typo from my side, ure correct
  • ktm308ktm308 Member Posts: 17
    I am in the Tampa area. Can you give me the name of the dealer outside of Tampa that gave you the best price.
  • slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    go to message # 15222 or enter the word triple in the search box in the upper right side of this page.
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    That particular dealer actually replied back to my inquiry and stated that their 0% cannot be combined with their present clearance sale on the '07 Accords. I guess it's either 0% APR (and pay MSRP or close to it), or get a sale/clearance price on the car.
  • briz2briz2 Member Posts: 42
    That seems like a great deal. Two weeks ago I was quoted 26K + TTL (no doc or dest charge out right .. im sure it was included in the 26).

I got another quote for 24500 but that did not include the dealers 400 dest. charge and 400 doc fee .. so you can see it wasnt much better.

Im still holding out and working with the guy I bought my last honda from. If he would take 24500 today for the exlv6nav I would jump on it.
  • andysdandysd Member Posts: 87
    Thank you. I'll try it.
    Andy
  • ybaragybarag Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L (4 cylinder) coupe.

The deal was as follows:

$2000 total out of pocket (including all fees and 1st payment).
    $250 per month for 35 months (not including tax)
    15,000 miles per year.

This car was bought in Los Angeles California.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey

I was offered a lease deal on an EX-L 4cyl with navi

Lease:

36months
    12k a year
    $0 down
    $320-340 with tax
    First payment due at signing
    They offered this, without me haggling, so you think I have room to haggle a bit. I think so.

I sent in multiple quotes and this seems the lowest. I think
    I am going to push for $320, They also said they could get me any color combo. Should I make a move on it? or does that not seem like a good deal. With 08 being on there way, they'll be marked up high, an 08 EX-L with navi would be in the $500's for a lease. Also should I have them throw in a couple of accessories?

What do you guys think?

Thanks
  • magicdavemagicdave Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a VP for my Dad in Boca and he was quoted $16,500 with no trade. One told my father he has a VP in Bergundy!!. I don't think it exists!

Could anyone recommend a reputable dealer in Boca?
  • bensulbensul Member Posts: 12
    I just purchased an LX V6 last Sunday for $20700 plus tax and license. I purchased it from Power Honda Valencia. I'd like to thank people who have previously posted their own prices on this board and that helped me tremendously in makng an informed offer for the car. Before buying the car from this dealer I've got a quote for an LX V6 as low as $20400 but it was too far from where I live. An SE V6 can be had for $18671 from Norm Reeves. Shop around and take the lowest offer you get and approached anther dealer that is closer to your domicile and see if they can match th offer. It turns out that they really want to get rid of the 2007's as they get 1.5 2008 Accord allotment for every car they sell. They need the foot traffic that the 20008 Accords will cause when it comes out. Thanks again guys!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Just curious, are you also considering the LX V6? The SE V6 is, in my opinion, the mid-size steal of the year. But it's the LX V6 that I would buy if I was in the market. The LX adds a sunroof, power driver's seat and heated mirrors to the SE. The retail price difference is about $1800. I suppose it would depend on whether those particular features are appealing to you. Unfortunately, the LX V6 is produced in smaller numbers than the SE V6 and the EX V6. But, if you can find one, I've heard a few folks say that dealers are offering great deals. It seems the buyers interested in the LX V6 features also want leather, so they go for the EX V6 instead.

Here is what I would recommend for getting a good deal- Go to the Hondacars.com site and find all the dealers in the area you mentioned. Email each of them for a quote and go from there. Check out Edmunds.com and similar consumer sites to determine what a "good deal" is at the moment on that particular car. Edmunds offers a tool called True Market Value (TMV) which takes into account your location, the specific model and options and exterior color to give you a fair price. I've known of people printing that out and taking it to the dealership. They walked out with a car for that price. Give it a shot.

Good luck.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    The TMV for an SE V6 in Los Angeles is currently showing $21,645, the sticker price is $23,945. You should be able to get one for about $21,600. As far as OTD price, just add your local sales tax as well as tag and title fees for your county and/or state. Just say NO to anything else they try to sell you, especially extended warranties, service contracts and appearance packages. They're a rip-off!

Quick question- is there a particular reason you want the V6 instead of the 4-cylinder model? The 4 gets 4 mpg more in the city and 5mpg more highway than the V6. I have a lead foot and even I think the 4 is plenty quick. Just a thought if you haven't previously considered it.

Again, good luck.
    According to Honda's website, the VP only comes in White, Silver, Royal Blue and Desert Mist (Gold).

It's really not my business, but that's never stopped me before- why does your dad want the VP rather than the LX model? If it is simply that he doesn't want to spend a penny over X amount, I understand.

The price difference (invoice) between VP and LX is only about $1300. That buys numerous comfort/convenience items such as vanity mirrors, variable intermittent wipers, reading lights/overhead console, rear seat armrest with pass-thru and 6-speaker stereo instead of just 2. More importantly, the LX has power instead of manual mirrors and it also has a security system standard which might lower insurance premiums a little. On a purely aesthetic level, the LX also has body-color door handles and mirrors. If there's any possiblity he might re-sell or trade in the next five years or so, the LX's resale value will be greater than the VP's by more than the price difference.

I learned my lesson the hard way- I bought a VP back in '96 and had a heck of time selling it three years later. Back then they didn't have power windows, though. Still, just something to consider.

As far as a dealer in your area, the only South Florida dealer I have any knowledge of is Pompano Honda in Pompano Beach. A friend of mine bought a Civic there a year or so ago and got a good deal and good customer service.

Good luck.
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    An SE V6 can be had for $18671 from Norm Reeves

Does this include everything before TTL. All doc, dest fee's etc. I would have a hard time belving it does...But if it does thats far far far far and away the best price ever seen on these boards.
  • dcdriver4dcdriver4 Member Posts: 6
    There must be some sort of unpublished incentive, at least in the DC area. I called two places today to get quotes on an LX 4 AT. Both were 18.6 plus TTL. One quoted 17.3 for a VP too. Anyone have an idea how much more room there would be in these prices?

FWIW, we're going to trade in a 2001 Passat GLX wagon. The maintenance and repair costs on the beast are killing us.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Unless you are talking about an old Saab, there is no such thing as a V4. It's an inline 4 cyl.

I rode in to work today on (on not in) a V4 powered Honda. It has 2 wheels, handlebars and 6 spd sequential tranny. Goes 0-60 in 3 seconds and gets 50+ mpg. :P
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,923
    a buddy's Suzuki sidekick or samurai (i forget if there is even a difference) had a V4. Horrible little thing! I think 0-60 was more like 3 minutes and it probably still got less than 20 mpg.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• magnusx1magnusx1 Member Posts: 2
    This is from Hagerstown Honda in Hagerstown, MD. Fantastic place, great salesmen, and the experience was relatively painless:

07 SE 4door AT Graphite Pearl
    $18,449 with destination
    $922.45 tax
    $190.00 tags, title, & fees ($128 for MD registration, UGH!)
    $19,561.45 OTD
    Based on Edmunds TMV and invoice pricing, my OTD was about $600 less than the invoice price, and almost $1000 less than the TMV price. I'd say I got a monster deal! And to think, my wife and I walked in on Saturday just to check out the Fit selection, and drove off in a brand new Accord!

I've only put about 70 miles on it, and I'm already in heaven! It's got pretty much everyhting I've been wanting on a car since I started getting tired of my Neon 3 years ago.

BTW, we really weren't fully ready to get a car just yet, but the clincher was the dealer told us on saturday that, sight unseen, he guaranteed us $1,000 for my 00 Plymouth Neon with 193K on it. They valued it last night at $200! Combined with the $1500 we put down in cash, we were able to finally have a car we weren't ashamed of!
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    I've just gotten a quote from McDavid Honda (Houston). It's $24,981. I knew that most of us preferred the sale price, but this was exactly what the internet sale manager gave me. I think it's not too hard to estimate the sale price based on the OTD one. We have to pay 6.25% tax in Texas. So details should be:

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 AT without Nav.
    $23,323 with destination
    $1,458 tax (6.25%)
    $200 title, license, and other dealer's fees (est.)
    Total: $24,981

So far, Gillman Honda gave up and other dealers still kept quiet after I forwarded this quote.

What do you think?
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    The Samuari and Sidekick both had inline 4s. I don't know of a 4 wheeled Suzuki that had a V4. The Suzuki Swift/Geo Metro was an inline 3 cylinder but it got a bazillion miles to the gallon.
  • megankpmegankp Member Posts: 17
    Hi igozoomzoom ,

Yes, I forgot to mention I am also considering the LX V6 as well. Thanks so much for your advice.
    Hi bensul,

Can you email me the name of the dealer that offered you the LX V6 for $20,400? Also, can you post the OTD price for your car? My email is MeganKHP at gmail dot com. Thanks a bunch!
    Hi igozoomzoom,

The reason I am asking for the V6 because we have all V6 Accord in my family. But can you let me know what would be a good deal for the Accord LX, 4 cylinder? You got me curious about the 4 Cylinder. Thanks again for replying to my message.
    dcdriver4 -

You'll likely to find some fairly aggressive pricing on Accords in the metro DC/VA area especially from the Northern VA dealers because of the large inventory of Accords on their lots.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If this was OTD at Power Honda in Valencia you did well.... if this NOT include any fees or taxes you should have shopped around.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    I wonder how they can go that low W/O the expired incentives? That's like $1700 under invoice. RIGHT?
    All,

As promised, here are the details of my buying experience here in the Northern VA area, where my wife and I finally settled on and took delivery of a 2007 Accord 4 door EX I4 5AT last Friday, 7/6/07. The entire process, from start to finish, took about a week.

The price? $18,134.85 + freight + taxes + tags + fees, for a total OTD (out-the-door) price of $19,716.52.

Here are the details:

Per the original thread (#15522), we finally settled on an EX over the SE V6/LX-V6 and on Friday night, 6/30/07, I sent out requests for quotes to 14 different Honda dealers here in the metro VA/MD area. Out of the 14, 7 dealers responded over the course of the next few days and the prices were as follows:

Koons Honda, 19,409.85
    Fairfax Honda, 19,543.00
    Bill Page Honda, 19,524.00
    Landmark Honda, 19,360.00
    College Park Honda, 19,660.00
    Brown's Arlington Honda, 19,887.00
    Leesburg Honda, 21,390.00

Note: The above prices do not include destination ($595), taxes, DMV fees, dealer's processing fee ($100 for Maryland dealers; for Virginia, they seem to vary from $289 to $499) and any other options that may have been added by the dealer. The MSRP for a 4dr EX is $23,350 and with the $595 destination charge, $23,945.

I did my initial research using the incentives and pricing here on Edmunds as well as on other automotive websites such as autobytel.com, Yahoo! Autos, carbuyingtips.com (lots of good info there!), carsdirect.com to cross-check each other accuracy, etc. The one thing that I did notice was that the invoice pricing was inconsistent between some of these sites.

I also reached out "ddwmew" here on this forum, who is also in the Northern VA area and he was looking to purchase an Accord as well, and learned that he was quoted $19.1K by a local dealer, which was lower than the any of the quotes that I got. We decided to team up and strategize mutually to try to find the lowest price. :)

Since "ddwmew" had a $19.1K quote, we decided to use that figure as a baseline to start the negotiations at and on Tuesday night, 7/3/07, I sent out a counteroffer of about $600 less to test the waters. My offer? $18,488.00 + freight + taxes + tags + fees, and if they could match or beat that, I would consummate the deal in 72 hours. Within the next several hours, 9 dealers responded. Some lowered their initial quotes the second time around while others basically said my offer was either too low or they stood firm on their initial offer. The responses were:

Koons Honda, No quote/change
    Fairfax Honda, 19,043.00
    Bill Page Honda, 19,059.00
    Landmark Honda, 18,488.00
    Hendrick Honda, 19,325.00
    College Park Honda, No quote/change
    Brown's Arlington Honda, No quote/change
    Leesburg Honda, No quote/change
    Ourisman Honda, No quote/change

I was surprised to find that Landmark Honda (part of the Rosenthal Auto group) had agreed on my $18,488 price. That afternoon, another dealer, Sheehy Honda, in anticipation of the July 4th holiday, sent out an email stating that they're having a "July 4th Savings" and that Honda had "challenged them to sell 120 Accords" so they're selling them at "$3,000 below invoice pricing." I called them, spoke to one of their Internet contacts, and asked them to email me me a quote. Later that afternoon, they came back with their offer: $18,234.85 + freight + taxes + tags + fees. This was even lower than my initial $18,488 counter! After discussing the offer with "ddwmew", we realize that this presents us an opportunity to use them as a leverage against the other dealers and we have now reached a new reference point in our pricing strategy.

The next day, the 4th of July, I contacted Landmark and mentioned that I was ready to buy but would they be willing to match Sheehy's deal? The sales person that I've been in touch (via email all this time) came back and said they'd match Sheehy's offer. After discussing this latest development with "ddwmew" and planning our next strategy, we decided to ante up the stakes one more notch. I replied back (to Landmark) indicating that I am willing to see the deal through fruition if they can beat Sheehy's offer. They did--agreeing to match Sheehy's offer and beat it by $100.

Later that afternoon, "ddwmew" and I met up at the dealership to see if their offer was sincere. We both knew that Landmark had a reputation for "switching the numbers around" (a sentiment that was expressed by some of the other dealers that I've talked to) and being tough to deal with and, but also supposedly their prices are lower than others. We were there for almost 5 hours (until past closing) trying to iron out the deal, at times arguing over the semantics and technicality of the "offer" :mad: and they would at times, discredit Sheehy's offer. There was even one point "ddwmew" and I looked at each other and contemplated whether or not to walk out over a difference of $40 in principle, but in the end, I got my deal: $18,134.85 + freight + taxes + tags + fees, for a total OTD (out-the-door) price of $19,716.52. "ddwmew" I believe, in the end, decided on the SE over the EX and his discount or savings were the same basis as my EX deal.

With the '08 Accords due to arrive in Sept./Oct., inventory of '07 Accords are very high among the NoVA dealers. Dealers like Fairfax, Landmark, Sheehy, Browns all each have over 200+ Accords in sitting in their inventory, if their new vehicle inventory listing on their websites are accurate. Landmark had about 40 of the 4dr I4 EX 5AT on their lot last week alone, if I recall.

Overall, "ddwmew" and I felt that we both got a great deal. :D According to my calculations, this represents $5,215.15 below MSRP and almost $3K below invoice (depending on how you calculate "invoice"; some add freight, while some don't) and none of the other dealers could or would even come close to it. Ironically, Koons came back with an offer of $18,888.00 on Sunday but they were too late, even though they are closer to me, location wise.

Interestingly, Landmark said they couldn't technically sells us the car on that day (4th of July) and we had to wait until Friday to complete the deal. We're guessing that due to the nature of the incentives, they had to wait until the end of the existing incentives of 7/5/07 before they could "technically" sell us at this price. Regardless, a day or two isn't going to make a difference to me. :)

"ddwmew" and I both concur that if inventory is still high as we get closer to the arrival of the '08s, we might see some further discounting on the cars, but then it's a matter of supply and demand at that time.

Good luck to all who are shopping for an Accord!

Regards,
    David
  • kkourykkoury Member Posts: 1
    First time buyer with little experience...is this a good deal? Thanks for any help in advance. I'm trying to move on this because my current lease is up on August 17.

I just received this quote from a dealer in New Jersey:

2007 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 automatic w/ Navigation
    Black Hawk Pearl
    15k per year
    36 mos.
    $485 down (DMV)

Monthly Payment: $399

Here's a copy of his email

"I spoke to my sales manager, and he said that we can be at $399 including tax and dmv for the 2007 Honda Accord EXL-V6 Navigation. This is by 36 months, using the $485 as a down payment. This is also 15,000 miles per year. I understand you logic, the $50 per month for navigation, unfortunately the prices of the Accords has gone up since you leased you current one. The money factor has gone up as well. Please email me or give me a call at your earliest convenience."
  • hostnesshostness Member Posts: 22
    the only thing I can say is, WOW.

The price? $18,134.85 + freight + taxes + tags + fees, for a total OTD (out-the-door) price of $19,716.52.

Man, are you kidding me.

I was trying to get an SE for $18,300 (before TTL). What exactly is freight (is it destination)? Goodness, congratulations on a great deal.
  • nycarguy1nycarguy1 Member Posts: 8
    After alot of research and my mind going buggy / made the following deal in NYC market for a pretty silver one with sunroof and my V6 engine I wanted!

Price $21,200
    Dest- 595
    Dlr Prep 300 ok ok i caved: they wanted 500, but i was too tired to walk from it over this balance.
    Tax (8.65%)- 1,829
    Total- $23,924

Thanks for all the reference points provided on this site folks, it did help. Maybe I could have done a bit better, but I feel I did pretty good on this V6 model!

Happy Shopping! They are making deals out there...watch the fees! ;)
  • rana3rana3 Member Posts: 3
    looking to buy an accord in the DC area. which dealership did you buy from? also do you have the internet contact of all these dealerships? thanks for you help..my email rana3333hotmailcom
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    By that, you meant it should be a good deal, right? Hopefully, he will honor the quote when I visit his dealer.

FYI, the salesman at Gillman said he could not beat that quote. He couldn't go lower than $25,221.
  • gaggag Member Posts: 5
    What should I expect to pay for this model/trim level?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That is one heck of a deal, the price on the SE model here is higher than what you got on the EX model. Just goes to show that location does make a world of difference
  • bensulbensul Member Posts: 12
    SE V6 for $18671 from Norm Reeves includes destination charge but the taxes and other fees have to be added. Usually you're looking at adding 9.75% to your purchase price to get your out the door, that is if you're in the Los Angeles area. my LX V6 OTD is $22758.
    I wish you would answer my original question--How can a dealer sell for $1700 under invoice w/o the expired incentives--especially on a MSRP 28,000 car. Even with giving up his holdback, the dealer is still a 1000 or so in the red. Maybe, the financing aspect is the key! Thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Yes, the dealers can make money from other things such as financing, trade-ins, extended warranties and so on.
    Are there really no incentives now?
  • johnwangjohnwang Member Posts: 3
    This is the first time for me to buy a new car. Who can recommend a good dealer around phili? I am interesting in Hondar Accored SE v4. Currently what is the best price for me and acceptable for dealer?
    Your response will be appreciated.
    My e-mail is johnandwang@gmail.com.
  • johnwangjohnwang Member Posts: 3
    Who can recommend me a good dealer around phili? I am looking for 2007 Honda Accord SE V4 deal.
    Thanks a lot.
    That's my understanding. No incentives as of 7-5-2007. I could be wrong but Edmund's doesn't list any--BTW, the Acura cousins, Tl's and RL have 1500 and 3500 incentives repectively.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,923
    hmmm... i guess you are right. i found a few places selling a "V4" replacement engine and people calling them "V4"s, but looking at the pics on Ebay, it is obviously not. I guess my buddy and his father made the same common mistake others do and said it was a V4 when it wasn't.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• pszengpszeng Member Posts: 1
    Any purchasing experience in Houston TX shared with me?
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    hmmm... i guess you are right. i found a few places selling a "V4" replacement engine and people calling them "V4"s, but looking at the pics on Ebay, it is obviously not.

I would shy away from those places. The other vehicle I was thinking of was a Subaru, which uses a horizontally opposed flat 4 (like an old VW). If you can have an I4 a V6 or an I6, would that be an F4?