Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• weeganweegan Member Posts: 3
    Was just wondering if anyone can confirm that the $2000 incentive is still in effect for the I4 version of the 2007 accord sedan EXL. It appears edmunds isn't showing any incentive on this car, although it is showing the incentive for the V6 version. I don't know if edmunds just (incorrectly) never showed it for the I4, or whether it was there before and now its been taken down because its no longer in effect.

Any definitive answer would be appreciated, since if the incentive is gone for the I4, I will be shopping for the V6 instead.
  • weeganweegan Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have any experiences with installing an aftermarket in-dash navi system on their 07 accords (that originally had no navi). I've heard its cheaper and you get better system if you do it this way. Plus, I've find it annoying that the factory-installed Honda navi system doesn't allow you to program it while the car is moving.
  • rusted_outrusted_out Member Posts: 14
    Incidentally, I was told yesterday that invoice on this model is $22,346 including the $635 freight/delivery charges.

Since sales tax is 6% in my locale:

Invoice w/$635 freight $22,346 + $200 dealer profit = $22,546 + %6 tax $1353 = $23,900 OTD

I will go with your target of $23,800 OTD as my high price threshold, so I can be seen as a "reasonable" negotiator (going above my initial $23,500 target). Until that time comes, I will not tip my cards. :shades:

Thanks, and I will keep you all posted!
  • vmorhaimvmorhaim Member Posts: 7
    17,500 for a 2007 VP + TTL is this good price?
  • recadanrecadan Member Posts: 10
    I bought mine (AT VP) in Labor day weekend for 16K +TTL. The invoice is 18.2 K and there was/is a $2000 incentive. The only problem is very few dealers have VPs left. since there are few differences between VP and LX, dealers might try to sell VP close to LX price.

$17.5K should get you an LX easily.
  • rsd1rsd1 Member Posts: 4
    I paid slightly more than 17.5K for 07 SE /AT incl dest.
  • vmorhaimvmorhaim Member Posts: 7
    Recadan,

There is only a 800 cash to dealer now, so I think my price is in line w/yours (maybe 200 too much.)

rsd1,

How did you manage that price? Invoice - 2000 would be 18,200. Did you get them to go 700 lower?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    It is WAY to soon to purchase at $200 over invoice on an 08... it is not unreasonable to ask... it just is not going to happen.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    If I were to buy a 2008 Accord, I would probably pay about that much. However, I'm not buying today. I can wait 3 months or 6 months or whatever. The car I have now is fine and there is no rush.
    I might even wait for the 2009s because who knows what annoying little bugs the 2008s will have assuming there are no "serious" issues with them. After the first 100,000 or so are sold in the next few months, there will be enough people posting their experiences with the car to have some idea about first year issues.
  • dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    I didn't know about that!...I've heard about other car makes that have the navigation locked up when driving, but I didn't realize the AT accords had this. Fortunately for me with the manual, I can cruise along at 90mph all while being completely distracted from my surroundings fumbling around the nav system entering addresses and to-do tasks into my calendar!
    Do the automatics still have the message at start-up that you have to acknowledge before the nav system boots up?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,927
    More importantly, which hand do you hold your latte in while doing all of the above? I know its an odd question, but believe it or not, I prefer typing with my left hand while holding the coffee in my right. It is awkward, but I find I avoid spilling any when I have to quickly grab the wheel each time I swerve into the other lane.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I know you can at least do some basic routing commands by voice with the navi while driving like have it take you to "nearest Chinese restaurant" or "nearest coffee."

You: "What time is it?"
    Car: "Thai Palace 2.1 miles ahead."

You: "Temperature: 72 degrees"
    Car: "Setting radio to FM 97.2"
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Just picked up my 08 EX-L Accord, silver w/ black leather interior in Denver. I paid $26,100 (taxes and title not included). The car has auto tranny, full-size rear wing spoiler, mud guards, and a clear bra. MSRP plus the extras would have been $27,572. I think the deal was pretty good, but I didn't have to negotiate much for it - so perhaps they would have gone lower. But, the dealership gave me an outrageously good trade-in on my 98 Accord. So, I chose not to rock the boat! (p.s., given the price point, I am extremely satisfied with this car :-))
  • newhonda07newhonda07 Member Posts: 17
    weegan,
    When I bought my 2007 EXL I4 AT Sedan last week, there was no incentive according to Edmunds, but I got about 2400 below the invoice price.

So I wouldn't trust Edmunds.com site 100%.

Just my impression, I found the I4 just fine for my driving needs on the highway and local traffic. Why pay more for gas on the V6? It will add up over the long run.

However, my I4 is not giving more than 20-25 in city+highway traffic. I am hoping it will improve as I use it more.
  • luv_my_jobluv_my_job Member Posts: 33
    Not in my opinion......Toyota does't have a comparable product and will not let itself lose market share to the NEW Accord therefore will create a competitive blood bath in the marketplace as they will create a big differential in price, ie their product selling OTD for a lot less than a "comparible" Accord, this in turn will NOT allow Honda Dealers to "hold the gross" as would be "normal" at model introduction
    When in doubt, walk out. This is always a good MO when car shopping, and dealing with the internet sales agents at each dealership also helps take some stress out of obtaining their quotes.

Using the internet quotes, you can determine right away which dealerships are willing to deal and which are holding out for MSRP.

If I get a bite at my target price, I made it very clear that I will head into the dealership. Until then that time, made it equally clear, I can (and will) wait all day long; I already have a fine running car. Selling cars is not my job, but buying one (at a price I deem fair) can help the dealership perform theirs. I am not asking for invoice (or below), not even going into holdback territory.

I am trying to use my buying power as a consumer to help the greater good (we the car shopping public). I am glad to know you all are watching my back! Strength in numbers, or be divided/conquered. These kind of forums help us share information that previously would have been much harder/slower to obtain (advantage: dealership).

I went in over Labor Day weekend, I was talking to them about a 2007 Accord sedan, somewhere around $250 over invoice. The salesman looked at me and said "you do will not let us make ANY money on this car? How much do you want to pay?". I replied that I am not looking for even below invoice, not even dipping into holdback, and it was the end of MY 2007; I told him I did not want to pay a cent more than I had to, why would I do that? He looked back with a blank stare.

I worked in software development at the software company that has a near monopoly on the automotive wholesale floorplan lending business, used by many of the largest banks and automobile manufacturers worldwide. Basically we write the software that all the major banks use to lend dealerships money to keep their inventory on the lot, plus dealership inventory auditing, owned by the automobile conglomerate that includes the largest worldwide distributor of the #1 selling car brand in the world. Yes, we get deep discounts but I prefer other brands. Part of our training includes numerous classes where we learn all about the auto industry financing, and supply chain, from manufacturer to dealership to retail customer.

Long story short, I am not looking to rip any dealership sales people off, but I insist on a fair price. If I cannot get that now, I will wait. If we collectively hold out on the dealerships who want to charge MSRP, believe me, they are going to be the ones who bend first. Every car sitting on the dealer's lot is costing the dealership money, every deal they pass-up that will yield a profit is a lost revenue opportunity, not even considering the time it may take to recoup that. Not to mention the sales quotas and incentives that dealerships have to sell cars; in the case of Honda's Accord, this is their sales volume leader, their bread and butter. This is still a Honda Accord we are talking about, it is NOT an Acura (statement of fact, not an opinion; unless someone plans to replace the H logo with an A). The law of dealership supply and consumer demand will sort itself out, as many others have already remarked. That's just my $0.02. Of course, I do want to be driving my new 2008 Accord sooner than later. ;)
    Toyota needs to make VSA widely available on the Camrys since it's standard on the Accord.
    It's difficult to find VSA even on the V6 Camrys that aren't fully loaded. In some major states like California, it's impossible to find a 4 cylinder Camry with VSA.

If they want to be competitive with the 2008 Accord, the will need to start putting VSA in easily available option packages in California on 2008 models and maybe just make it standard for 2009.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Toyota needs to equip the cars in trim lines and drop all the options. They have been trying to "be GM" and have an option lists that looks just like a domestic car company. On top of that they are distributed in regions and the regional company decides which combinations are offered and can be ordered. The net result is you often really can't get what you want no matter if you are willing to pay and wait for them to build it.

The Honda way is so much simpler - all the cars have all the safety features so you just pick trim line and color.

When car shopping for my wife, we could not get the car we wanted from Toyota, but with the Accord she just pick the color she wanted and we got it. With Toyota you find the color you want on the lot, but it is missing side air bags, or ABS, or skid control and something else you want. You find the one with most of the options and it is a color you do not want.

They are smart enough to do this with the Scion product - you pick the color and the tranny and you are done.

Dennis
    Another significant difference to me is that the Accord uses double wishbone front suspension, and independent multi-link rear suspension.

Camry uses MacPherson strut front suspension with gas-filled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar; dual-link independent MacPherson strut rear suspension with gas-filled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar.
    I don't think many people care about double wishbone suspensions in family sedans, but they have started caring about stability control the last couple years or so.
    It's getting more and more expected in family cars.
    Just having stability control on an options list isn't enough. They have to actually manufacture it, not just post it on their website and print it in their brochures.
    I totally agree. Safety should be standard, not optional. At least legislation is in place to require stability control on all vehicles by 2012.

Well done by Honda to make all their safety features available in the 2008 Accord as standard features.

On the suspension, I agree that most Accord/Camry buyers do not care, but there are some that do, at least in the net result of the driving experience. I prefer the Accord's handling to the Camry.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Making them all the same helps keep the cost (and hopefully the price) down as well. If every Honda has all the features, you just choose moonroof/stereo/wheels/leather/nav for options then they can surely make them cheaper per unit that someone who has dozens of options that they have to install/not install on various cars as they come down the line. Ditto ordering and transportation and sales all get simplified and streamlined.

Dennis
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    This is still a Honda Accord we are talking about, it is NOT an Acura (statement of fact, not an opinion; unless someone plans to replace the H logo with an A).

Seems like they already did. A long time ago. All Acuras are rebadged Hondas. Take a good look next time you go to Europe or the Middle East. Lots of them Honda RL's running around. :)

• myranassermyranasser Member Posts: 15
    Rusted-out; you're the man. One of the most thought-out and well written reviews.
  • oarsdadoarsdad Member Posts: 64
    NADA now has the Accord 2008 invoice prices up for all the trims. Remember to add $595/$635 destination charge.

NADA 2008 Accord invoice prices
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    Plus, I've find it annoying that the factory-installed Honda navi system doesn't allow you to program it while the car is moving.

Where did you get that information? In fact in the Honda press release on the Accord they stated that they made input easier by voice commands and the interface dial:

"the interface dial with clear tactile feedback that speeds control inputs and reduces the need to look at the screen to confirm the system's response."

Why make the interface dial easier if it's only being used at a dead stop?

Furthermore after you posted, dairyshick posted saying that the nav in the manual accord allows in motion programing. So why would they allow the manual to do it and not the automatic?

Are there any other controls that are restricted while driving such as the climate control or satellite radio?
    Not coupes yet.
    You are correct. My bad.
  • rich123rich123 Member Posts: 31
    It is WAY to soon to purchase at $200 over invoice on an 08... it is not unreasonable to ask... it just is not going to happen.

I am one of two people on this thread who have purchased at what appears to be less than $200 over invoice on the 2008 Accord EX automatic sedan I4. Got mine last Sunday for $22471 including the $635 dest. A Chicago gentleman got it for $22250. Mine was delivered the last day of the month and they had not yet sold a new one. I was the first so they must have wanted to break the ice.
    Oh yeah, a real "blood bath" indeed. :P The way the 08 Accords are selling in my area they (Honda) should be the ones putting the heavy incentives on the car. I've seen one on the road since the car came out and at first I thought it was a (Sorry Pat) Saturn! Toyota has $500.00 cash back on 07 Camry (if you can find any) and special lease on the 08. Yeah, we're scared...very scared.. :shades:

"Mine was delivered the last day of the month and they had not yet sold a new one. I was the first so they must have wanted to break the ice"

Last day of the month anything goes! Consider yourself very fortunate that you happened to be at the right place at the right time. Congrats!

:blush:
    Only time will tell but I'd wager the second quarter R L Polk report shows Accord gaining market share on the Camry!
    Coupes and Sedans at Cars.com
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    I completely agree with [mackabee]post#17619.

Here in the Bay Area which is probably the second largest car market in the world I haven't seen one yet, co-worker tells me he's seen one.

So be patient ladies/gents the incentives are coming!
    :shades:
    The second quarter has already passed. You mean the second quarter of calendar year 2008?
    :)
    Mackabee
  • jazz_shortyjazz_shorty Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone!

I purchased my 2008 Accord LX-P in Nighthawk black pearl with the light interior on Sept. 29. (Almost the end of the month and all the sales people were desperate...I had about 5 guys come up to me while I waited for the guy that was helping me.) I was looking for a base model LX-P but all of the cars on the lot seemed to be equipped with over a grand in options. My car had $1,387 in options which hiked the MSRP of $22,795 to $24,182. I was able to "drive out" with the extended warranty and TT&L for just under $24,500. I think it was a pretty good deal but just wanted to hear others opinions and experiences. No regrets though! I LOVE THIS CAR and I have had so many people notice it.

Jasmin :blush:
    Indeed, when I wrote those words (Honda versus Acura), it was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek. Recall the day when you saw the first Acura Legend and Integra, and you said to yourself "that is a Honda by another name". Toyota (Lexus) and Nissan (Infiniti) have notably followed suit; the Korean auto makers (or even Chinese one day) will probably be next; market segmentation 101, it is a global marketplace like never before. Coach, business and first class on the same airplane deliver you to a common destination, but the experience, image and perception is quite different; same with hotels, as well as everything and anything a consumer can pay for :surprise: . After building a solid brand name, they want to get customers to pay a premium for the exclusivity associated with a luxury marque. Loyal customers, or those who value their Acura image over a Honda.

Personally, I want the new Accord EX I4 AT sedan, it is cheaper than the Acuras, and of similar high quality (based on my perception and values, which hopefully are accurate); I am willing to be an early adopter. For my family, the TL (built on the Accord platform) is already a few years old, and the TSX (a Honda in other countries) is too small, with too weak an engine for the price. The 2008 Accord has added some great new standard safety features, which is a big appeal to me. I was not a huge fan of the driving feel of the 2007 Accord either; the interior of the 2007 is quite dated.

Heck, I once knew a friend of a friend who put Acura alloy wheels on his Civic (cough cough), the horror! At least in the USA, Honda brands Acura as their luxury/premium brand.

So we have a few smart folks who landed deals right above invoice on the 2008 EX sedans already. The last week of the month, I will do a big push, if I do not get any bites by next week. Those of you who landed the deals $200 over invoice, nice job! I have yet to see a 2008 Accord out on the road yet, but then again, I work from home and have horrible eyesight! :P
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    The way the 08 Accords are selling in my area they (Honda) should be the ones putting the heavy incentives on the car.

According to the September sales figures, Accords sales are up a whopping 31.2% compared to September of last year. And they're up over 8.4% for 2007 thus far.

See:

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/4268
    The numbers in Honda's press release do not clearly state whether the Accords sold in September were MY 2007 or MY 2008. I suspect that the spike in Accord sales was due in large part to the MY 2007 end-of-year closeout, more than actual MY 2008 Accord sales, since the introduction date of the sedan was 9/12, although their headline "American Honda Sales Climb 13.8 Percent on Strength of All-New Accord, Light Trucks" initially leads us to believe otherwise.

Seriously, I have not seen a 2008 Accord on the road yet (but again, that is not saying a whole lot). So, if I can land a shiny new 2008 EX AT I4 sedan at no more than $23,800 OTD, it will be good times, although those other folks' great deals on 2008s are giving me renewed hope for $23,500 OTD!
    They have them also, but they don't list invoice prices for the navigation models, which is where my interest lies.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    OK then I guess you can get $200 above invoice... Has anyone purchsed an 08 below invoice? I suspect in the next few days we may see more and more posts of people purchasing below invoice.
    If you want the best price you will need to at least wait until you can go to any Honda dealer in town and see all the 2007 Accords gone and replaced will a full supply of 2008s.
    Right now, most dealers seem to still have 90% 2007s and only a handful of 2008s on their lots.
  • 74357435 Member Posts: 40
    hi bug4.
    i am looking in denver too for a 2008 honda ex-l 4, automatic,4dr sed. would you tell me who you purchased from.
    Yes, I already know what has happend this year, duh!
    Click on the Options list on the left for option MSRP add on's even though we all know they're bumdled in the trim package
  • bobp7bobp7 Member Posts: 41
    Hi;
    I live in the suburbs north of NYC and have at least 3 Honda dealers within a 20 minute drive. Best initial offer has been $1,000 over invoice.
    Buying at the end of October or November is fine. Does anybody have a suggested dealer?
    Thx!
    Bob
  • skzebulonskzebulon Member Posts: 2
    Hi Bob,
    Was your offer $28.4 (1k over invoice for EXL V6 Navi, or similar)? Did that include destination, taxes and fees? (I live in same area, trying to see if I got better offer - my best is 29k including fees for that model - working on getting better). Where did you get your best offer? Thanx.
  • pkumarpkumar Member Posts: 1
    Hi Sujith,

did you got your car. I am also looking for buying a lx/ex.
    i found one dealer who offerd lx 4 cy for 17400.
    but i want to know what's the OTD price that we can expect from the dealer.

Thx
    abhi
  • samic1080samic1080 Member Posts: 10
    Just received an internet quote of 632 above invoice on the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan from a dealer in the Chicagoland area. I'm going to see if they'll go lower considering someone on this forum told me they paid 100 over invoice at the same dealer last weekend for the EX w/o leather. If they do I'll drive home with a new Accord.

Anyone else in Chicago looking to buy an 08 Accord?