Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    charipcharip Member Posts: 5
    Did you get $27,213 + TTL for the V6-L with navi? I am from FL. Can you please tell me where you got the price quote from?
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Great price. Congratulations Florida buyers. I plan to buy that one too.
  • Options
    daveb22daveb22 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the info. I figured there were other factors involved in the cost of the car to the dealer. It is difficult, however, for the average person to figure out what the true cost of the car to the dealer is because they certainly are not going to tell you.

I still think below the Edmunds listed invoice would be difficult in my area (maybe towards the end of the model year). I can probably get close to the invoice price and have them add some accessories and I think that would make me happy.

We usually don't see pricing like this until later in the model year. I just don't think they are selling alot of cars right now.
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Automatic
  • Options
    vbugvbug Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I just got a quote from a dealer in San Francisco for $24,533 for an 08 Accord I4 5A EX. Here's the break down:

Selling price: $22,388.00
    Tire fee: $8.75
    Doc. fee: $55.00
    Sale tax (8.25%): $1,851.55
    DMV: $230.00

Total: $24,533.30

I believe the price is still high. What OTD should I offer?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Forget the overused and misused term "OTD". It is immaterial, since it varies for everyone depending upon where they live.

You should be able to get that vehicle for around $22,400 base price, including Destination. Therefore, you've got a good deal.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Out the door (OTD) is the price that matters the most. Lets say dealer "A" has a car for $22,400 base price ($24,400 OTD).... now dealer "B" in the next town has the same car for $23,000 base price ($600 more than dealer "A") however the the OTD price is $24,000 OTD......So the conundrum is that do you go with the dealer with the lowest base price but highest OTD price... or do you go with the dealer with the highest base price but lowest OTD price? I know which one I would go for. .. OTD means alot.
  • Options
    One should discuss on the base price probably plus destination only. Sale tax/ license/ fees & added on accessories are different from deal to deal & from dealers to dealers & from state to state. When you guys talk about OTD cost I always have to deduct all other costs to get the base price. Even the base prices are different from state to state depending on local demands & supplies.
  • Options
    novanova Member Posts: 135
    Can you give us FL people the dealers name?
    Thanks from fort lauderdale
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Your post is laughable but, sadly, some will actually believe this drabble.

A 15-20% profit???

Please don't spread garbage like this!
  • Options
    "It is difficult to get any dealer to give you any of the holdback moneu or even discuss it"

Well...yes considering the holdback dollars ***help*** pay for s bit of the flooring. Far from bottom line profit!

Folks, the MARKET determines what cars sell for. A hot car in high demand will sell for the current market value just like a poor seller will have to be deeply discounted...pretty simple, really.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    luv_my_jobluv_my_job Member Posts: 33
    That's 1248 over invoice w/fgt...about 1000 too high IMHO ...hold out for a better deal because they're just around the corner :)
  • Options
    Uninformed post...invoice is invoice, factory incentives, when available, effect the true invoice, only in terms of cash back to the dealer, as most dealers floor plan their inventory with third party lenders or HMC's financial arm.
    I anticipate factory incentive soon on 08 Accords as product is "backing up" as it usually does this time of year, however th e"sub prime" financial meltdown is amplifying the slow down. Last week the Big Three announced Cash back and low interest financing. TOY and HON are also offering front and back side incentive..except the Accord and Camry are excluded, at present. Expect that to change very soon, possibly next week. If you can afford to wait it will probably be worth $$$$ the wait....
  • Options
    juxtojuxto Member Posts: 16
    As a (Methodist) church friend of mine (and former Nissan dealership owner) told me: we aren't Jehovah Witnesses trying to earn our way into heaven by giving away cars! He told me 15 to 20 percent profit is about right for most cars - higher priced cars will yield a little better. Go to Rooms To Go and ask to see their invoice or offer $100 over invoice on a sofa. Only in the car industry do they play these games of "invoice pricing".
  • Options
    rsalasrsalas Member Posts: 14
    Guys, let me explain something. Every dealer pays the same for the car. if you are a small dealer or a large dealer. Every dealer pays the same cost for the car. Dealers do not have 15% or 20% profit margins on their vehicles. That is not true. Trust me if it were. All the sales reps would be driving mercedes benz and wearing 12k Rolex Daytonas and living in Brickell. The truth is, some dealers might need to move metal and they give away some cars. Some you make money on and some you don't. At the end of the month your numbers can't be negative. I run the e-commerce dept. for a large Honda dealer and we move aprox 100+ through e-com alone. We do another 100+ through fleet and the 300 remaining vehicles are floor sales. My best advice to you is, when you shop, be courteous, don't go in a bad mood or with a pre-disposed attitude. That will get you knowhere quick and will make your experience a bad one. I know because I see it every day. If you guys need any advice I am here to help. I want to make a difference. Not everyone you encounter in car sales is a bad person. Everybody wants to get the best deal possible, but it has gotten to the point that It is no longer a win-win negotiation. Actually the customer is winning more that you think. Sales reps stores might work with you for 3 hours just to get $50 or $100 bucks. What we in the business call a mini deal. If they call you for the survey and you give them a bad experience. They loose all that. So they worked for free. It's funny, but the customers you give away cars to are the least happy and the ones you make a ton of money on are the happiest... How ironic isn't it ?
  • Options
    rsalasrsalas Member Posts: 14
    $27.213 is plus tax,tag and $599.95 dealer fees. I sell these cars at this price. I do not know for how long we will be doing it. But I guess till the end of the month. Call Maroone Honda of Miami and ask for the Director of E-commerce. I will do the deal for you. :)
  • Options
    bbrowncodsbbrowncods Member Posts: 3
    MSRP of $30,895 +TTL ($2K) and $399.00 dealer fee crap.
    Accessories: Spoiler, Backup Camera, Interior Illumination
    Protection package and 100,000mile Zero deductible bumper-to-bumper service contract
    OTD was $36,665
    5.00% loan

Car has been out 6 weeks. Called 6 dealers and 3 had none until after December. Two dealers had a white one each. The dealer I bought from had a silver one that was being used as a trade to another dealer, and the one a got (Mystic Green Metallic). Another couple wanted it 5 minutes after I committed.
    In VA, MSRP is the best your going to get right now.
  • Options
    OK! OK! We, dealers and buyers, are both "win win" under Bush's umbrella.
  • Options
    Let me get this right...you paid $30,895 (MSRP), $2,000 for Tax and TTL and $3,371 for the spoiler, camera, lights and 100,000 service contract?... Bernardi has a HONDA 100,000 mile no deductable 72 month WARRANTY for $715....

Just enjoy your car...
  • Options
    bbrowncodsbbrowncods Member Posts: 3
    Yep. The Spoiler, lights, and camera were about $1500 installed. The HONDA WARRANTY is what I purchased (actually a service contract) for 699 (Platinum, not the Gold Plus). The rest was the protection package for glass (works like rain-x also protects against breakage from road debis- guaranteed replacement), paint, undercoating, leather, and carpet protection - all for $750.
    And a free umbrella... LOL ( I'm sure I paid for that as well!)

Thanks, Since I paid for it, I will...
  • Options
    SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    IMO, checking up on an OTD price from this forum is fine as long as you deduct tax, plates and other STATE mandated fees as they vary widely from state to state and even county to county.

It's interesting to see how widely dealers vary with "doc fees" and the like. :surprise:
  • Options
    Honda does not market service contracts..Honda only markets warranties (HondaCare). The service contract or "warranty" as you call it is aftermarket and exspensive also not as reliable as HondaCare.... good luck!
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    You also have to be careful not to get packages that are truly not necessary. Like the Rain-x, Leather, paint protection, this all has to be re-applied often, and is not a 1 time thing. Glass protection is good, but the rest seems silly. There is alot of mark up on all those items. Plus, who knows if they even apply any of that. Now if the package was for a limited time to come in and get it re-applied often, then that would be great, but I never seen that option before. But, hey, if it offers peace of mind, than that is fine. Washing, Waxing, cleaning, and moisturizing the leather, and apply some scotchguard, that can all be done yourself. It will have to be too, to keep the car looking new.
  • Options
    def56def56 Member Posts: 6
    Anyone have recent experience buying 08 Accord in the Pittsburgh area? Interested in OTD price. Looking to buy EX-L 4cyl.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    HondaCare is a service contract, not a warranty! Warranties come with the car and guarantee the car will not have defects or else the manufacturer will repair them for free. You purchase service contracts to prepay for additional repairs after the warranty expires. You then hope you have a lot of expensive problems, so they cover more than you paid for.
  • Options
    caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    If you are interested in taking a ride to suburban Philly, I paid $24,000 for a 2008 EX-L from Sussman Honda.
  • Options
    ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    I just got a quote from a dealer in San Francisco for $24,533 for an 08 Accord I4 5A EX

There was a Post a few weeks back someone paid $21.7K, at Honda of Oakland, I would make an offer for even lower than that something like $23K OTD. :shades:
  • Options
    Thanks, visited local "Costco" dealer last week and was told that the discount was the destination fee. Went to another dealer today and told them I was ready to buy if the price was right and got 25,700, before tax and transfer. As I don't like knowingly being taken advantage of, it looks like I won't be buying an '08 Accord.
  • Options
    "As I don't like knowingly being taken advantage of, it looks like I won't be buying an '08 Accord."

How were you being taken advantage of?
  • Options
    My point was that I won't buy a car for $2,000 more than it sells for in other parts of the country.
  • Options
    vbugvbug Member Posts: 4
    Thanks ncruzer. This is great and I will negotiate with the dealer.
  • Options
    Is that the only dealer within 25 miles? I think not.

Do your homework and shop other dealers. There's lots of helpful information in this forum.
  • Options
    japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    I spoke with 2 honda gm's on wed. They both said DONT expect any finance specials anytime soon
  • Options
    You have your opinion and I have mine...TOY is now offering incentives on most of it's product line, excluding "bread and butter" Camry...HMC as well. While I don't doubt what local GM's told you, corporate HMC is not likely to "leak" plan to GM's prior to any official announcement...kind of like insider trading.
    Present credit/sub-prime situation is having much greater impact, world wide, than anyone ever dreamed, auto sales will erode further without incentives to keep the manufacturing at cost effective volume levels IMHO
  • Options
    danielqkdanielqk Member Posts: 3
    I just bough this for 19,500 +tax+license fee on black friday at Palo Alto honda dealer. Don't know that it is a good deal? The dealer gave
    only 4 hour for super sale from 8 to 12 morning only after thanksgiving day.
  • Options
    These constant incentives are just hurting the market.

On again off again finance rates that shoppers come to demand.
  • Options
    your argument might hold water if we weren't talking about a new model. I'm going to purchase a 08 Coupe. When I told the GM (a friend by the way) that I would wait for back end incentives, the reply was "wont happen on that car anytime soon". When I pressed the issue, he said that it wouldn't happen till the novelty wears off. Probably summer time or so. These guys know whats happening...just like VW GM's know that 4.9 will be on till Jan, and Nissan GM's know that 2.9 is on indefinetly.

His lot is loaded with Sedans, very few coupes. Sadly, not the LX-S that I want.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It is nothing unusual that there are few coupes on the lots.
    I'm sure the dealership would love to tell you that there aren't many coupes because there is such an incredible demand. However, there are few coupes because Honda makes few and they make few because the demand is much less than sedans.
    If they made a 50/50 mix of coupes and sedans, the lots would start to fill with coupes because they wouldn't be able to sell enough coupes to clear them out and it would be hard to get the sedan because the coupes would be wasting space they could use for more sedans.
  • Options
    hondacoupehondacoupe Member Posts: 3
    Got a quote today for a 08 Coupe LX-S 5 speed for $20950 plus $499 doc fee. Nothing else besides the tax to pay.

Good deal or bad deal? Will have to order the car if I really want it.
  • Options
    esandscdesandscd Member Posts: 4
    I was just quoted, as a best price scenario: $27,850 (that includes, destination, fees, wheel locks, and tax (NJ 7%). That makes the base price of the car approximately $25,013. Invoice on this model is $25,415ish. I think this was a pretty solid deal.
  • Options
    well...I was quoted 21895 for the auto lx-s version. Sounds right, but I dont believe its that great a deal for mine or yours. Thats why I might wait till spring for more favorable pricing.

Im in NY..where are you?
  • Options
    hondacoupehondacoupe Member Posts: 3
    That price was quoted in Pensacola, Florida.
  • Options
    Floridian "senoooors" probably prefer bigger, roomier CADILLAC to cruise 5MPH along the coast lines to show off their prosperity. That may be the reason why Accord's price is softer a little bit.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Member Posts: 4
    Hey all
    I'm considering my first Honda..I'm stuck between a Civic and Accord coupe... I was quoted a $20,000 price plus tax, tags for an 07 Accord Ex auto coupe..Sticker is $24195..Just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should take advantage of this or go with an 08 Civic Ex auto coupe for about $18,700 plus tax, tags..I could go either way..Any thoughts would be helpful..
    Thanks
  • Options
    colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    "Present credit/sub-prime situation is having much greater impact, world wide, than anyone ever dreamed, auto sales will erode further without incentives to keep the manufacturing at cost effective volume levels IMHO"

Your statement, whether intended or unintended, is actually an understatement. The impact is huge, especially in the banking industry. One bank, which will go unnamed, but one of the top 6 banks in the USA, just eliminated over 4,000 positions system wide due to the credit/sub-prime situation. Most of those positions eliminated, paradoxically, were not in the mortgage lending area. Plus, the USD is in BIG trouble on the international markets, and becoming less valuable with each passing day. It portends higher prices for some foreign manufacturers.
  • Options
    trs900trs900 Member Posts: 19
    No trade-cash deal... car had dealer installed wheel locks-mud flaps-stripes-infamous paint sealant Buyers order figures car = $25,651.67 + tax $1603 + $100 title and tag fee+$599 dealer fee + $46.50 misc fees.. Here in 33414 Florida.
    I have been looking for awhile Pearl White pretty rare - hard to find.. looks sharp with beige leather interior.. Could have bought a gray with black leather in Fort Pierce, Fl for $27,801 OTD as above without the dealer adds-locks etc.. but they only had 1 and wife didn't like the black leather and after seeing the pearl white there was no turning back.. also Sherwood was at $27,800 otd no white pearl in stock.. I did have to negotiate for this price---Ed Morse
  • Options
    The Accord '08 V6 EX-L sedan has everything including mudd guard. I have not checked to see if it has the wheel locks in place. But this car is 99.99% ready for buyers to pay and drive off, no additional accessories are needed unless you want the back-up camera,etc. The workmanship and details of this model are AWESOME. Buyers just pay and drive off. No additional options are needed. It is a perfect piece of fine art and also a highly sophisticated piece of engineering.
  • Options
    "Got a quote today for a 08 Coupe LX-S 5 speed for $20950 plus $499 doc fee. Nothing else besides the tax to pay."

It is an OK price..Hold out for 20,500 plus tax
  • Options
    hondacoupe and trs900,

What are these dealers giving you for their outrageous $499 and $599 doc fees? Sounds like nothing less than the old thumb on the butcher's scale routine.
  • Options
    milkyway1milkyway1 Member Posts: 18
    Invoice: $25415.97
    MSRP: $27425.00
    Your Price: $25815.97

Freight: $635.00

Processing Fee: $399.00

VA Tax (3.17%): $851.14
    Tag and Title Fee: $75.50

OTD : $27776.61

(Includes mud guards, wheel locks, door edge guards, fender well trim and pin stripe)

Is this is a good deal ?? How much can I squeeze it further..??