Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    What are these dealers giving you for their outrageous $499 and $599 doc fees? Sounds like nothing less than the old thumb on the butcher's scale routine.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :confuse:
  • luv_my_jobluv_my_job Member Posts: 33
    As I previously stated, it is my opinion based on present available information.........that being said time is my friend and the enemy of your opinion...I'm not compelled to buy today , tomorrow or even next week, I purchase when I am comfortable with the purchase price, and as yet have not obtained that number.

I am still amazed and amused that so many have not yet learned that the BUYER is in control of the deal...not the SELLER unless the Buyer relinquishes control to the SELLER!!!
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    I re-checked it again on a brand new '08 V6 EX-L today. It has only the wheel locks. NO splash/ mudd guards unless one orders those as accessories. Saleman said the '08 V6 with Navi is hard to find. Also, the V6 EX Coupe is a VERY HOT model which is usually pre-sold.
  • esandscdesandscd Member Posts: 4
    The dealership was David Michael Honda in Freehold NJ, the sales girl was Staci. I drove the car off the lot last night. 4 Door Sedan, Polished Metal Metallic. She was very easy to work with, and I would highly recommend her.
    The '08 V6 EX-L does have fog lights.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Don't believe the posts here? Then, please move on.. Those comments are neither welcome or appreciated.

Those posts have been removed.

Shopping experiences and prices paid... That's what we are all about. Posts that don't stay on topic will be removed.

Comments about this policy are only welcome in e-mail to a host. Do not reply in this forum.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• trs900trs900 Member Posts: 19
    Your right it is a total rip off, it is just a way for dealers to advertise a below invoice price then add fee to make a profit, but once they put it on buyers order they had better put it on all or end up in court with a class action suit or ?? The best way to judge a good deal is the bottom line.. Almost all dealers around here have a fee so it's going to be on buyers order no matter what, thats why they show price of car below invoice on my deal befores adds to get my price to where I wanted it.. I don't think anyone has really bought one below invoice yet(with freight included) the salesman said I did but when the dealer fee was added it made the price $26,250.67 ( invoice $26,050.97 with freight ) just about $200 profit pretty good on a EXL-6 for the dealer "IMO" even with the wheel locks-mud guards-strpes-paint sealant they had added. The other costs are actual costs tax-tag etc..
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    Was it manual stick shift or auto trans? Did the price include dealer prep or was that extra?
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Re; doc fees

Several state legislatures have imposed a cap on these so called "doc fees"...the cap fee in New York, e.g., is $50.

So if the dealer attempts to rip you off by charging a "doc fee" of more than $50....simply say... OK, I'll pay the $399 or $499 (or whatever) fee as long as you reduce the base price of the car by a like amount.

If he won't , walk out.
  • coliphagecoliphage Member Posts: 10
    We just bought 08 Accord Coupe EX auto yesterday. It's a black on black with 26 miles.
    Paid $23450 OTD. Tax here is very low, 3.25%. The net car price is about 200 under the invoice.
    I think it is a decent deal.
  • trs900trs900 Member Posts: 19
    Thats what you have to do. here in our local market they use very deceptive advertising.. 1 of my favorites was 50% off or less on every new car.. less meaning less than 50% more like 15% off.. that was a classic.. then there is the famous * after price meaning watch out.. dealer fees are there to hopefully get the extra profit if you scream loud enough they will reduce price of car but won't remove dealer fee from buyer's order as that would open up a can of worms.
    Just accidentally checked the mfg incentives in central Florida, my father lives in Summerfield, ( Zip 34491) seem that TOY is offering cash back and low APR on full product line, including Camry, except hybrid.

2007 Toyota 4Runner cash low apr
    2007 Toyota Avalon cash
    2008 Toyota Camry cash leases
    2007 Toyota Camry cash marketing support
    2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid leases
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid cash
    2007 Toyota Camry Solara cash marketing support
    2008 Toyota Corolla cash low apr leases
    2007 Toyota Corolla cash
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser cash
    2007 Toyota Highlander cash
    2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid cash
    2007 Toyota Land Cruiser cash
    2008 Toyota Matrix cash leases
    2007 Toyota Matrix cash
    2007 Toyota Prius cash
    2007 Toyota RAV4 cash
    2007 Toyota Sequoia cash leases
    2008 Toyota Sienna cash leases
    2007 Toyota Sienna cash low apr
    2008 Toyota Tacoma cash leases
    2007 Toyota Tacoma cash
    2008 Toyota Tundra cash low apr
    2007 Toyota Tundra cash low apr leases
    2007 Toyota Yaris cash

Orlando foreclosures are at record levels yet not nearly the worst metro market, 28th, 1 in 114,,,,article below.

I continue to expect National incentives to move cars off the lots in the future...

Orlando > Print Edition > Industries > Economic View - Bankruptcies Subscribe to Orlando Business Journal Friday, November 16, 2007
    Report: Orlando foreclosure filings up 184%Metro area recorded 7,189 filings, or one for every 114 households.

Orlando Business Journal - by Bill Orben Associate Managing Editor
    Print Article Email Article Reprints RSS Feeds Add to Del.icio.us Digg This
    Related News
    Housing market down cycle forces cutbacks at ZipRealty [San Jose]
    Major rise in foreclosures boosts banks' home sales [Charlotte]
    ZipRealty gets hammered by housing slump [Sacramento]

The number of third-quarter foreclosure filings in the Orlando area climbed more than 184 percent from the same period a year ago and was nearly 60 percent greater than the second quarter, according to a RealtyTrac report released Nov. 14.

Orlando, ranked 28th on the list of foreclosure filings for the top 100 metropolitan areas in the country, recorded 7,189 filings, or one for every 114 households, the report says. Orlando had 5,428 properties with at least one foreclosure filing against it during the quarter.

Among other metro areas statewide, Fort Lauderdale was ranked No. 4 with 16,595 total filings -- up 89.8 percent from the second quarter and 127.4 percent from a year ago, while Miami came in at No. 8 with 15,484 total foreclosure filings for the quarter, up 42.7 percent from the second quarter and 82 percent from the year-ago quarter.

The report ranked the Tampa/St. Petersburg area 19th; Palm Beach, 21st; Sarasota/Bradenton, 25th; and Jacksonville, 33rd.
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    vbug,
    Let us know how do did when you make deal.
    :shades:
  • danielqkdanielqk Member Posts: 3
    Automatic, the price included dealer prep
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    I was looking for a car for three months in Houston. Every dealership I visited (and I visited all of them in 30 mile radius) was charging 1k over official MSRP.
    Eventually I found Gunn Honda in San Antonio that not only did not charge any markups, but their quote was significantly below MSRP even for the new 08 EX-L I4 with Navigation that I bought last Saturday.
    I totally recommend the dealership to anyone. I traveled from Houston to San Antonio and saved money. The dealership offers Edmund's "One Simple Price" which means there was no pressure or anxiety of negotiations. I called them gave me a quote that was $2k below the quotes (with the markups) I was getting from Houston dealers. I took the next Greyhound bus to San Antonio and drove my new car Back home!
    While waiting for the installation of some extras (that were reasonably priced) they gave me a tour of the dealership. It is huge. Their service area is impressive and I have only seen such service bay facilities in more luxurious brands like BMW. I wish I was living closer to have the car serviced there.
    BTW, every Wednesday they have a therapist visiting the dealership for chair massages to the customers waiting for the car to be serviced!!!

Last but not least: Alabaster Silver / Black leather EX-L with Navi I-4 (190HP) $26450 + TTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jrajkumarjrajkumar Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    I was looking for a good deal on a 2008 Honda Accord LX Auto and I had a price quote from a dealer in TN
    Special internet price $19,991.00
    taxes $1,562.11
    customer service fee $199.00
    registration $34.50

Out the door $21,786.61
    Is this a good deal? How much can I ask for?

Thanks
    Wow, that's a great deal, below invoice I think! Maybe below invoice pricing for the 2008 Accord will become the norm if dealer inventories grow large by end of year?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    does this price include, tax, license and fees?
  • japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    below invoice pricing on the 08 accord coupe is pure fiction. Around summertime you will see very liberal pricing. Since my posts are being deleated on this subject, and numbers are just being tossed around, I'll just say that a family friend owns a Honda dealership, and I know what these things are selling for in most every market.

Just like the Sedan was not intially discounted, so it goes with the coupe. It's still way to new to get below invoice pricing.
  • honda_man2honda_man2 Member Posts: 19
    Seems here in NC they are willing to deal. I did buy my Accord (2005 LX auto 4-cyl) in July and they were willing to take less then what their lowest offer was to me so it may take some months to lower that price. Right now it seems like they are quoting at MSRP but I believe they will take invoice. Remember invoice price does not really mean invoice price. The dealer is still paying less then what Edmunds states invoice price is. The 2005 Accord I bought was much less then invoice price. If I do end up buying a new one I will post details. I'm also looking for a 2008 Accord LX auto four cylinder. Seems the 2007's are all gone now.
    I will say that in my neck of the woods (central VT/NH border) dealers are not going to invoice, you can certainly get below MSRP on sedans but in small markets like I live in, below invoice just isn't happening yet. This is still a new car remember.

I try not to let the prices I read in these forums sway me too much, since they vary greatly from state to state but instead look at the Edmunds TMV which is the average sale price across the country. I beat TMV by a lot so I know I got a fair price.
    dude...my comment on lx-p for $19,500 being below invoice were based on Edmunds invoice pricing for the lx-p automatic trans ($19,362) plus destination charge ($635) = $19,997. So to me this is "below invoice".

Does anybody know what the dealer holdback is on the 2008 Accord?
    I'll also add that you will make yourself NUTS if you come here after you buy and see if your "price was good." Someone somewhere will always have found a better price, you rarely know the all the details, and, as much as some won't want to admit it, I do think the occasional poster fibs about the deal they got, or leaves off some details.

Just my opinion, not trying to step on anyone's toes. :shades:
    A voice of sanity...AMEM
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    I have seen it posted many times that the invoice listed on Edmunds is not the price paid by every dealership. I don't doubt that may be true -- but does anyone have any concrete authority for this assertion? There may be holdbacks (which seem to be a flat percentage for every dealer) and maybe even volume discounts (any real evidence of this?), but when it comes to what the dealership is invoiced (and has to base the carrying cost of the vehicle), is there any real support for the proposition that different dealers pay different prices? :confuse:
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Does anybody know what the dealer holdback is on the 2008 Accord?

Dealer holdback is 2% of base MSRP, not the old 3% still listed on Edmunds.
    All dealers pay the same invoice price for vehicles, It would be a violation of the Sherman Anti Trust Act and Clayton Act if manufactures gave preferential treatment to individual dealers....which they do not, and know they cannot. Invoice is, in fact, invoice.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    The INVOICE price on Edmunds is accurate but does every dealer pay that price? NO! The final price paid by a dealer depends upon how much the factory gives back to the dealer each month, called HOLD BACK. The more cars sold the more HOLD BACK MONEY the dealer gets and that results in the dealer actually paying a price a lot lower then the EDMUND's indicated INVOICE. This is commonly known throughout the auto sales industry.

today I ordered a new 2008 EX-L Accord V6 and paid 25615 + 635 destination change, which is about $200 over invoice. This was done through the dealer's INTERNET BUYING SERVICE. Four other dealers had provided prices but only one was a firm, unchanged price when I entered the dealership. All the others wanted to play games by at first providing a low invoice price in their initial INTERNET response but upon arrival at the dealership to close the deal they told me they had to add bunch of options such as mud flaps, wheel locks, paint sealer, and on and on. This was after I thought the price quoted by them to me in an E-Mail was a firm offer. So the dealer which is only two miles from my house did not get the deal. The dealer in Baltimore which is 15 miles away got the deal and I saved a bunch of time, a bunch of BS and about $500.

The dealer which is two miles from my home in Maryland is named S&S for short. The dealer which operated up front and got the deal is Anderson Honda in Baltimore. S&S at first told me they would honor the Anderson price of $25615 + 635 after I showed the S&S sales person the Anderson E-mail. But then two days later when I retruned to S&S thinking that I had an approved deal, the price changed. The sales person rechecked with his manager and came back with the story that the Anderson price was not the bottom line and that I could expect to pay an additional $551 for dealer installed options at Anderson.

The S&S sales guy said that all the dealers routinely add these items to their in stock cars and that if he didn't have my interior-exterior color in stock he would have to locate me a car at some other dealer who had already added these items to the car. The S&S sales guy emphatically stated that I could not order a car from the factory which did not have any dealer installed options on it.

So I then called up the sales lady at Anderson. She said I could order a car from the factory and take delivery of it without any dealer installed options. However her dealer installed options of mud flaps, wheel lock, and door and wheel well edge guards would cost $245 not the $551 the S&S guy stated.

So the S&S guy lost the deal mostly because he was not honest and up front in the beginning. Had he been I would have still looked for another price but I might have gone back to him and given him a second chance to lower his price.

BTW, there have been issues mentioned here about the V6 having vibrations and surging problems. I drove the V6 today approximately 25 miles on interstate highways with the cruise control set at 65 MPH and never noticed even the slightest vibration or surging problem. While I can fully understand that this issue might surface as more miles are driven, there was not the slightest notice of this in a new almost ZERO miles car. And I am very fussy about engine noises and other unusual performance problems.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    Hay, car dealers as other business people work to make money. They are not a charity. They are not left wing give everyone everything for free, Democrats. You have to expect that the dealer is in business to make money, PERIOD. If he didn't make money the dealer and his building would not be there.

Yes, the dealer does make money on every aspect of buying the car, on your loan, one your trade, on the dealer installed options, on insurance if the dealer sells it, on processing fees, etc, etc. But is it a better deal to pay full list price of a car or to pay a lower invoice price? Is it better to buy a 2007 Honda Accord well below invoice since the newly designed 2008 is arriving and the dealer is able to sell the car at several thousands below even the indicated invoice price. Even then the dealer is making a profit. And so he should. It is your job as a customer to do your homework and check out the pricing in your area and to get the lowest price possible. The dealer is always going to make a profit and there is nothing immoral with that. So get use to it. In Communist Russia making a profit was illegal and guess what, you could not buy a car there at any price.

Now here is a great statement. The salesman at S&S Honda in Maryland told me that on average the owner of a dealership only makes 2% profit per annum on his business. If that isn't a bold face lie I don't know what is. Why would anyone put up with all the problems of owning a dealership, hiring and firing people, being in compliance with OSHA regulations, hiring a book keeping departmant, etc. and only be able to make 2% when he can get 5% on a savings certificate without all the problems? If a dealer cannot make 10 to 20% on his investment then he will be gone shortly.
    Anyone shopped for an actual Honda Accord?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I'm all for everyone making a profit, I'm personally just against all the extravagant buildings the dealerships build. All of those costs end up as a higher cost structure, and then that higher base gets marked up to give them room for the profit. Do we really need 25 foot ceilings and marble, plush offices, and 40 zillion mega watts of lighting?

I've moved toward shopping at the more conservative 'costed' dealerships, so that I can get a better deal while still leave them room for their profit.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    I do not care aout waht the facility looks like....
    I do not care about the "fees"....

I care about the OTD price on the car. Let say I purchase a car at a dealer with marble floors and vaulted ceilings and they charge me $500 "junk fee" well as long as this car has the best OTD price I could care less.
    All posts not specifically dealing with Accord pricing have been deleted... Plus, a whole lot more that no longer have context.

The Prices Paid Forums are pretty simple.... Describe your own personal experience and price paid. Not shopping or buying an Accord? Find another forum.

Also, personally directed posts are not welcome.. What can be adversarial about reporting on the price you paid?

Posts will continue to be deleted, if they are off-topic. Continually disregarding this may compromise your membership privileges.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stkeglstkegl Member Posts: 1
    This weekend is the time I'm going out to get a 2008 EX-L sedan w/nav. I'm in Dallas tx. area. Can anyone reccomend to me a dealership that will go below MSRPand doesn't load me down with add-ons?
  • rbevz67rbevz67 Member Posts: 69
    I paid $20,750 plus TTL in SF Bay area 2 weeks ago.

New 2007 Accord EX-L Coupe 4cyl w/Fog Lights, Wheel Locks, Black/Black, Non-Nav
  • myranassermyranasser Member Posts: 15
    Just bought 2007 SE. $18,900 +tax+ DMV fees = $20,570.37
    Happy Holidays
  • donegaldonegal Member Posts: 49
    Placed an order back on September 27 for the EXL V6 with Navigation. MSRP for vehicle was $30260 plus $635 for destination and handling for a total of $30895. Received a discount of $1,743 and will pay $29,152 before taxes. Transfer, registration, tire tax, and dealer fees total $151.00. Hoping to get the car sometime in December. The holdup seems to be the color we selected, that being the white diamond pearl.
  • uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    Has anyone gotten a good financing recently? I'll pull the trigger this week and would like to know what other people received. Last time I asked, it was like 5.49% or something. I wonder if I should ask for better rate at time.
    Thanks.
    So far so good Donegal. That's the exact trim line I am planning to buy. What's color? Congrats !
  • donegaldonegal Member Posts: 49
    White Diamond Pearl
  • rnickeymousernickeymouse Member Posts: 32
    Any tips for negotiating online in California? What should be included in the quote?

The internet rep I spoke to today was quoting me (she said) the invoice prices on 2008 sedans.
    I'm considering between the LX-P or EX 4cyl
    She said the LX-P was a good value & will sell it at only $500 over the LX. I liked the added power of the EX though. She claimed the EX was around $2400 more than the LX for the automatic.
    Does the 2008 EX have a tint? All the EX Accords at the dealer I went to seemed to have a tint but I didn't see it listed as an add on.

Thanks
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    I'm at 5.44% for 48 months with American Honda Financial.
    Donegal:

Now, you look like a supersonic Queen/ King in white gown inside that beautiful car. You love Honda V6 power much more when you drive long trips. It runs as it will not have another chance to run in life.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Thought I'd share these prices that I received on 4 cylinder Accords with Automatic, these are models that are "older units" .
    EX - Invoice: 22,256.00 22,089.00

EXL - Invoice: 24,063.00 23,887.00

LX - Invoice: 19,548.00 20,287.00 (Not below but close)

LX-P - Invoice: 20,719.00 20,498.00
  • mr_blackmr_black Member Posts: 2
    So I've been kind of lurking through the forums just seeing what other people experiences have been. So I've been sort of just talking with dealers here and there and for the most part quotes have fallen on two sides of a spectrum - MSRP (ridiculous!) and some actually hundreds within invoice ($21,711). Now granted the public invoice price isn't the "true" invoice price but taking into consideration the estimated hold back the car's true invoice price is probably a shade under 21k with no factory incentives at this moment in time (and probably highly unlikely at least for the near future). One particular quote just stood heads and shoulders above everything else...

Quoted price - $22, 563 + INCLUDES destination fee $635.00
    so actual quote price $21, 928 - a difference of $217 from dealer invoice.
    - factor in paper work i.e. tax, license, document fees, etc. - worse case scenario 10% of base price - rough OTD est. 24, 800 and change.

Considering a MSRP sticker price of 24,595 not including any fees or destination charge. I feel like I got a winner here...I expressed my concern over frivolous things like dealer options and unnecessary fees to which she expressed similar feelings toward. last note I got this quote/info through the internet department at this dealership.

I will definitely shop this quote around to other dealers to see if others can beat it, although based on what I've gotten from most dealers so far unlikely, but can't hurt! I know that some of the general feeling at least that I've seen is the belief that once stock of coupes start to fill up and sit that pricing could possibly get a lot looser. Am I being to picky here or should I shop the quote and pull the trigger?
    Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. sorry for the long post :blush: glad I found this forum as well.
  • ff3207ff3207 Member Posts: 79
    Is this a good deal on a 08 Accord EX 4cyl with mud guards and wheel locks

$275 a month
    $2000 down (includes tax, first month, bank fee, and dmw fees and all other fees)
    42 months
    12,000 miles/yr
    I have never considered entering a lease contract. It's too expensive and wasteful unless you like to lease a car for only a few years and want to change to a newer model often. But still, it's much more expensive than purchasing the car. Be careful if you drive more than 12K miles/ year you will have to pay expensively extra. I heard a Honda salesman who referred "lease" as a skillful "ripping off" tactics on customers
  • fred2000fred2000 Member Posts: 1
    Great Deal - Which SF Bay Dealer did you use? Also over the internet or in person for the pricing? Thanks, Fred
  • pagelmunda1pagelmunda1 Member Posts: 1
    What's the name and location of the dealer? Thanks.
  • pasquali56pasquali56 Member Posts: 21
    I live in Dallas and do business with John Eagle Honda on Lemmon. I've referred lots of people there and they've never let anyone down that I know. I highly recommend them. Good luck.