Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    The lowest possible... some states may have a law that if the "new" car has over an x amount of miles it can no longer be considered new. Get a car with the lowest miles if you are paying for it you deserve the lowest miles.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Yes you did. Best of luck with your wonderful new Accord.
  • rnickeymousernickeymouse Member Posts: 32
    Have you read my previous posts concerning this [non-permissible content removed]? even a person like you with that derogatory name should have been able to comprehend it. If you do not like my OTD posts just ignore them... plain and simple.... comprehend?

The more info the better as long as it doesn't confuse folks. I wish there was an FAQ explaining every possible dealer trick to squeze more money out of you. I understand dealers can really get you on the loan by charging compound interest instead of simple interest.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    I personally prefer all the numbers, as I'm not the only person from the state of Florida who posts in Edmunds. When buying a car, all the numbers would be relevant to me, especially the deals made in Florida. And like another poster mentioned...just ignore the pieces of the posts that aren't relevant...pretty easy huh?
    So, any folks from Florida who are looking or have bought a new Accord, please let me know all your numbers. Anyone not from florida, skip over those figures.

The Sandman :)
  • alexthemdalexthemd Member Posts: 12
    Would you drive 100 miles one way to save $250 on an EX-L ? Considering you'd have to drive one car round trip and the new car one way?

Thanks
  • 997c2s997c2s Member Posts: 2
    Any NJ dealerships dealing EX V6 sedans at or near invoice? Or any dealership recommendations at all?
    Most dealerships should have 07s near or below invoice however 08s near invoice are a bit hard to come by.
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    Would you drive 100 miles one way to save $250 on an EX-L ? Considering you'd have to drive one car round trip and the new car one way?

It would depend on how bad the fuel economy was for the car I was taking fro a trade-in.
    For example if I bought a MINI the dealer is about 85 miles away and is the closest one to me. So that's a long haul for service. But a one shot deal it's not that far, consider how much you get in MPG if it's like 20mpg you will spend 5 gallons to get there at $3 a gallon that's $15 Coming back figure the same so yeah $30 to save $220 seems pretty good to me.
    Thanks. I am not taking a trade, so I would drive my 18MPG car there and back and my wife would drive the new Accord back. I think I am going to purchase the car locally because if I drove 100 miles and then there was some funny business, I will have wasted gas and time.
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    Having owned Mazdas, with no local dealer for the last 7 years, I was determined to buy local this time, and I'll only buy local from now on. It's just too much of a hassle for dealer maintenance, warranty repairs, etc if you have to be driving an hour+ each way.

My 2 cents
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Does anyone have any prices paid? Should we be asking about 2k less than the asking price. I see that the EX-L can be had at $24. So If I get the EX-L navi, than I should ask about 26k?
  • 997c2s997c2s Member Posts: 2
    I've already been offered $300 over invoice on the '08 EX V6. Wondering if that was a good price, or if prices closer to invoice were possible.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    I paid $25615 + $635 destination for a NEW 2008 Accord EX-L V6 (without GSP). That is $200 above invoice price. I didn't have to get any of the dealer ad on options such as mud flaps, wheel locks or door edge and wheel well guards. If I wanted them the dealer would have charged me $245 for this package. This was from Anderson Honda in Baltimore, Maryland.

The same car with a 4 cylinder was priced by this dealer at invoice which was about $2188 less then the V6 price shown above. This was all done over the Internet at first and then with follow up phone calls and finally as visit to the dealership.

The person I dealt with only did INTERNET sales and the price I got could not have been obtained if I had just walked in off of the street. That is according to the dealer.

Anderson gave me a firm up front price right away. Another dealer Schaffer and Stromenger said they would honor the Anderson price but when I arrived at the dealer to close the deal the salesman gave me the story that the Anderson price was not the bottom line. The S&S salesman said that Anderson would add other items which would cost $551 but he woud only change me $307. So we bought from Anderson and the S&S dealer is only 2 miles from my house. Too bad S&S was not honest with me.
    That sounds good....however if you are shopping compare OTD prices from places you may purchase from... because "junk" fees can make a difference.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Simply itemize and add the "junk fees" to the prices you post. If the price of the car is $21K the dealer is charging $695 for doc fees and $200 for advertising fees, then list those out and everyone can see the selling price is really $21895.
    If the only price posted is a grand total that includes local sales taxes and DMV fees, that isn't helpful to others in the forum.
    If you have a trade-in and you either are or are not financing through the dealer, disclose that so others will know that the price was influenced by those things.
  • vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    I know it's a rare one, but does anyone have a 08 EX-L I4 Navi MT Accord?
    I've got one on order (ordered it in Sept and was told it would be in late Nov). This was then revised to Early Dec, and now i am told the "Final build date" is Dec 16. and i'll have it 7-12 days after that.

Has anyone received one of these models? I'm going to be leasing it - trouble is i had to turn in my old lease what was up on Nov 12th and have been borrowing a car for what i thought we only be 2 weeks - now it will end up being a total of about 5.

Just wondering if i should keep my hopes up for the end of the month or will it be delayed again?

Thanks,
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    I was offered $24,000 + TTL on a 08 EX V6 Sedan over the phone. No leather, no navigation. $55 documents fee.

Is that a good deal? I had a feel that he was willing to go lower as he was asking me when I could purchase (he said he has goals to meet every weekend), but wouldn't negotiate further until I saw him in person.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    If that includes destinationn charge it is a very good deal ( a tad below published invoice). Just watch out for added accessories when you go there, if they have added such, don't pay more than the actual online cost. Add ons are usually wheel locks, splash guard and trunk tray. All 3 can be bought online for $200 (plus SH) and there is very minimal installation (time or cost) involved.
  • japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    just purchased 08 Accord Coupe LX-S Auto. After negotiation with 4 dealers, best price offered and paid was 21, 695.......500 over invoice. Super Preferred Finance Rate through Honda Finance...5.69%. Could have gotten a .25% discount apr rate if I put down alot more....no thanks

Coupes are still a hot ticket and command less attractive discounts.

No OTD bullcrap here, No made up fiction numbers, no saying coupes are being sold at invoice....it just aint happening. Delivery next week.
    Honda finance does not offer that rate especaily based upon if you put more down you get a better rate. 500 over invoice is good for that car hopefully the only thing above that you have to pay is tax...if they try to charge you doc fee... this fee or that fee shop elsewhere because your price will not longer be a good price.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    [non-permissible content removed] is right. Honda business manager told me same: More down, less interest rate. 5.69% is also the rate with 20% down.
    He may be right however Honda does not offer that.
    Hi SODAGUY:

Based on my deal I think you got a good one and have doubts if the dealer will go lower, but then anything is possible.

Beware of the dealer trying to hike the price up by $200 to $500 more when you go to close the deal. I had that experience. One dealer (dealer A) nearer my home said they would honor the $25615 price of another dealer (dealer B) over the phone. When I went to dealer A to close the deal I was told by the salesman that the price from dealer B was not the bottom line and that dealer B would add an additional $551 worth of dealer installed options. Dealer A also told me I could not order a car without these dealer installed options. Of course that was a total lie. I called dealer B about this and was told by the sales lady that I could order the car from the factory and not have to get any dealer installed options but if I wanted three desirable items, wheel locks, mud flaps and guards for the door and wheel well edges they would cost me $245. But I could get the car without any of this. If I got the dealer to do the paper work in titling and tagging, the dealer would charge me a $100 processing fee. So just look out for this sort of thing when you go to the dealer to close the deal.

I did my initial contacts with the Honda dealers through INTERNET pricing which was offered on the EDMUND's web site.

I paid $25615 plus $635 destination charge for an EX-L V6 (that is with leather but without GPS). This is $198 above invoice price. Since leather I think is about $1000 more, perhaps you got a better deal then me.

The 4 cylinder EX-L price quoted me was $2188 lower then the V6 price. That price is dealer invoice.

I was surprised to find that at a newly redesigned Honda Accord would be offered at invoice so soon. Last year the newly redesigned CR-V was flying out the showroom flood at full list. I sort of expected the same for the new 2008 Accord.

Any time you can get a newly designed Accord at invoice at he beginning of the model run I think it is a great buy. Since the 2007 was now old design I am thinking that any left are going for perhaps $3000 or more below invoice.
    From what I was told by another finance manager, the higher down less rate theory works when trying to get financing through other banks the dealer is working with but not through Honda finance. Honda Finance goes specifically with high credit ratings which seems like [non-permissible content removed] has. I think most finance managers like to hook you up with outside banks than honda finance,
  • rad597rad597 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased this vehicle today for $28,137.96 OTD but without tax as the vehicle is to registered in another state. My local dealers were only discounting up to $800 off invoice.
    I guess there are just people that love controversy.

My numbers are real. I have a 840 FICO score. The rate offered me is the rate for SUPER PREFERRED. You cant get any better or any lower interest rate unless I put down more cheese (10k they said).

Funny how most here choose to believe the fools that come here and quote insane numbers that are pure fiction, then when "real' numbers are given, you have the know it alls say what jb turner said.

In total, I dealt with 7 dealerships, as well as my best friend who is a GM of Honda. Invoice deals on the Coupe are pure fantasy. Paying 500 over as I did irratated me, but it was the best to be had in the upstate NY, Conn area.

Oh...I DID NOT buy from my friend. He was 200 higher.
    dude....no one is going to discount 800 off invoice....geeze
    Honda does offer that......YOU JUST DONT QUALIFY!.............GEEZE
    My score was 830ish as of summertime and I do not need to finance. ;)
    I admit you do have a good price so long as only tax is not included...however if you have to pay doc fee... this fee and that fee you got raped. Can you breakdown the prices for us before tax?
  • chicho1chicho1 Member Posts: 3
    I just got offered a new Honda Accord LX sedan 2007 for $19125.11 OTD price in the South Florida Region.

What do you guys think about this offer?
    "Honda finance does not offer that rate especaily based upon if you put more down you get a better rate. "

jb_turner, you are again incorrect. But you state it with such authority.

I am financing about $10K on my 2008 Accord through American Honda Financial at 5.44%. No ifs ands or buts about it.
    Unless you must have a factory built in GPS, I would advise against getting it. It is not worth the extra $2000 cost and except for the larger screen it doesn't not work all that much better then the after market GPS units which are available for a fraction of $2000.

I have a 2002 LEXUS LS430 with a built in GPS. It works well but it will cost $350 just to upgrade to current software. For $350 you can buy a very sophisticated unit such as a GARMIN 4040 Maestro. In fact that unit at COSTCO is $299 now and the 4050 unit is about $100 more.

I also have a GARMIN C340 unit in my other car and I tell you without reservation the C340 Garmin is equal in performance to the built in unit in my LEXUS. The C340 is now less then $300. The only major item the C340 lacks is that it is not voice activated as is the LEXUS unit. But that is no big deal and you can buy a unit with voice activation for about $500 if that is important to you. You will still be $1500 ahead.

Unless the looks of a GSP stuck to your windshield is unacceptable to you, I would STRONGLY advise that you save your money and get the GARMIN unit. When you trade cars you can take the unit with you and use it in your next new car.
    Thanks, it does include destination.
    Interesting. He gave me this price over the phone without asking me what other dealers had been quoting me. I have a feeling that he'll be willing to go lower if I met him in person. After all, Honda does have a 3% holdback based upon MSRP, correct me if I'm wrong.

He did quote me a price of 26,500 on a EX-L V6, which is 500 over listed invoice from what I understand. Apparently EX-L V6s are flying off the lot, whereas the EX V6 is in lesser demand and there needs to be more incentives to move the vehicles.

I did ask for a quote on a EX I4 and the price was 21,998 (or 21,988, I don't remember).

The dealer was Honda of Oakland, and the person I called was in the internet department.
    Did not finance, no trade-in.

I bought the car for $24,334.

included splash guard, trunk tray, floor mats and wheel locks

$289 doc fee
    $300 taxes
    $76 transfer tags and some other fee

Grand Total was $25,000 OTD

I added a 60,000 mile maintenance plan for $760. This plan covers everything done every 5000 miles and the major maintenances at 15, 30, 45 and 60K. I am not sure if this was a good deal, but I put in on the credit card and I can cancel and get the unused portain back at any time. What do you guys think?

Finally, does anyone recommend getting the HondaCare? I know we can get it online, just wasn't sure how many people where into it.
  • nkvnkv Member Posts: 24
    I was offered the maintenance plan for about the same money as you bought yours for. After I went through a written description of what it covered, I declined it only because I could not see tremendous value in it. I believe paying as you go will come out ahead instead of shelling out money up front. In addition, my plan called for an oil change every 3750 miles which is a waste of money unless driving in extremely rough conditions. As for Hondacare, it is your call. Internet pricing of about 700 dollars is not too bad for peace of mind if you are going to keep your car for a long long time.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    You guy in S Carolina is so lucky with low sale tax. In my county in California, sale tax is 8.725%, buying a V6 EX-L I had to pay almost $2,600 for sale tax.
    I did not realize you are in northern ca. Try Grace Honda in San Bruno. The internet sales manager gave a very good deal, below invoice. And there was no games played when I got there. Just make sure you have discussed everything by email or phone before you go there. Mention my name if you want to when asking for a quote.
    "GARMIN 4040 Maestro"

The Maestro 4040s and 4050s are not made by Garmin. Magellan is their manufacturer.

While I agree with you that spending the extra $2,000 (list, probably $1,700 actual cost) may not be adviseable for bvdj84, there are many other functions that may be of interest to him/her. Voice control over navigation system, audio system and climate control system have been wonderful features for me in my 2004 Accord. However, I also decided against buying the Navigation system in my wife's 2008 Accord, instead utilizing our pocket-size Garmin nüvi 350.

I still love to use the Honda OEM system, and will continue to do so, in my 2004.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I really think built in nav is nicer assuming it has all the features of the best portables (like traffic etc.) and more. Voice control is really the best feature of the built-in Honda nav. However, at some price point it starts to not be worth the extra money. Maybe if you were going to get most of the extra money spent returned at resale (such as when spending extra to get an automatic instead of the standard transmission), it would be worth it, but that's not the case with a $2000 nav system.
    Contrary to what it still says on the Edmunds website, Honda holdback has been 2% (not 3%) since last Spring.
  • rad597rad597 Member Posts: 3
    You are correct....geeze. It was 800 off MSRP.
    Hi There:

Thanks for the correction. I tend to get the two GPS makers mixed. There are after market GPS units which also have voice comment as you have with your built in unit. While tis might not be a big deal for you. The built in systems do not allow you to do any manual changes while the car is in motion. However the after marker ones do allow this. While this might not be safe neither is talking on the phone while driving which I try to avoid.

I still think that the built in units are way over priced and the only advantage of the factory units is ascetics.
    Wow on the 8.725% and I am sure it will eventually be 10% or more. I think if the rest of our nation takes a long look at politics and the huge tax bill citizens of California pay they might just reject liberalism once and for all.

It is criminal and immoral that a tax which is based on a percentage of something which continues to go up and therefore guarantees the government a never ending increase. This means that the government is out spending the rate of inflation and screwing the middle class which has to pay most of the tax bill.

In some cases you get what you pay for. In the case of higher taxes you get the liberal shaft.
    YES, for whatever reason the V6 Accord is in short supply. I think it has to do with the supply of V6 engines at the factory. Whatever the reason the V6 is going for a little more above invoice then the 4 cylinder. Since both engines have about the same EPA mileage numbers but the V6 has blazing performance I went for the V6.
    Was this for the 4 or the V6? I am thinking the 4 cylinder since the paid price was below $25000.

I think your deal was very good when you factor in all the additional items.
    Thanks for the correction.
    Send me an e-mail: wanmichael@gmail.com.

Thanks.
    Waste, as the new Accord no longer uses a fixed time/distance interval for maintenance. It goes by the Maintenance Minder system, which determines the optimum service interval based on your driving conditions. It uses an engine oil life monitoring system that is very similar to GM's system.

When you are due for a service (or when oil life is at less than 15% remaining), you'll get a "Service Due Soon" message on the display, followed by a series of codes showing what needs to be done. You will have one of two main codes, either A or B. A is oil change, B is oil change and inspection. You may also see some subcodes such as 1 for tire rotation, 2 for engine and cabin air filter change, 3 for transmission fluid change, and either 4 for timing belt (if equipped) or 5 for coolant. I might've mixed the two up for timing belt and coolant.

As for Hondacare, I would buy it for the peace of mind. An eight-year/120,000 mile policy with zero deductible from www.hondawarrantyinfo.com runs less than $1000.
    The biggest downside to the V6 though, is the $800 timing belt, water pump and drive belt replacement job at around 105k (or whenever the Maintenance Minder says it needs to be done). However it's still worth the extra premium to me considering the effortless acceleration it delivers compared to the 4-cyl, especially during highway passing with the A/C running.

The salesman did say that there were plenty of EX V6 Accords on the lot. There were discounting them heavily as they were having difficulty in selling them. Only the EX-L V6 and EX-L V6 Navi models were hot. This makes sense, as with the last generation Accord, I saw more EX-L V6s on the road than any other V6 trim. I don't recall seeing more than a small handful of 7th generation LX V6 or SE V6 on the road.