Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    This price does include destination. I made sure to double check.
  • kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    In the Central Florida area I have received 4 quotes for the 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L Auto (4 cyl-no navi):

Dealership 1 - $25495
    Dealership 2 - $24203
    Dealership 3 - $25745
    Dealership 4 - $25745

These include destination, but do not include the $595-$599 that every Central Florida dealer charges for doc fees.

What should the wheel lock package cost? I was quoted $350.

I can't decide between this and a TSX.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    The wheel locks are about 30 bucks, and are easy to put on yourself. Just a matter of removing one of the existing lugnuts on each wheel, and replacing it with one of the special locking nuts. No jacking of the car or anything hard/dangerous.

Even if you had to pay someone to put them on for you......still cheap.
  • z1roadsterz1roadster Member Posts: 6
    Stephanie,

Which dealership is offering this ? I'm also in the same area as you and looking for one with nav as well. Do keep me posted. Thanks.
  • gotqgotq Member Posts: 8
    Hi Parviz, I'm trying to get a quote from Grace Honda too. Should I just mention to the internet sales manager referred by Parviz or will he remember you as another name? Thanks!!!
  • audioslaveryaudioslavery Member Posts: 7
    Could you message me the dealer/salesman that gave you this offer?

I too am looking for an EX-L V6 but not until Feb

thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    A dealer in Indianapolis will not go lower than 28, 155 for their internet sale price. Which equals out to there lease term of $460 for 36mth, $421 for 48mth. WOW, that is robbery, but legal. I literally laughed, Oh ya, They offer a Free tank of gas, Mud Guards, AND>>>> they detailed it, because its sooo new that it needs to be cleaned really well. Beware... BOB ROHRMAN Honda INDY. ROBBERY> just be smart.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "My husband and I are looking to buy a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 in January and so far the best price I have received is $25,443 +TTL."

See if they wil do 25k even OTD....if not consider going elsewhere.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Stephanie:

Is it with NAVI or NO NAVI?
  • ramstein317ramstein317 Member Posts: 47
    Fuenfer, I am also looking to finance the new Accord EX V6, and I am in NJ as well. Can you tell me which location you got your accord from, and how is it running so far?? By the way, I am currently leasing a 2008 Acura TSX with navigation for 3 years, and got the car back in august 2007 in NJ and have about 8500 miles. I just want to get rid of it, and want to have something of my own. What are the thoughts in this? I am not sure, if I would be able to trade/exchange this since I am leasing the TSX through AHFC. Thanks....
  • jlenhjlenh Member Posts: 3
    parviz, thankyou. can u tell me how much u paid for?
  • getmeanewcargetmeanewcar Member Posts: 26
    I am in San Diego CA and I own accord sedan 2004. I really want to get 2008 accord coupe but all they are totally over priced. The dealerships are calling for way much higher price than the MSRP! I might go to OC or LA to get a better deal. Is this overpricing happening all over the states or just my area?

Anyway I want Accord2008 coupe EX with no option added. Does anyone have any idea how much the actual price these cars are being sold at now?

The MSRP is around 24000.
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    See if they wil do 25k even OTD....if not consider going elsewhere.

You're not serious are you, jb? This price is already $608 under invoice. How much better is she going to do? Who here has done this well? What am I missing here? :confuse:
  • uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    I think it depends on where you shop.
    I bought 08 Coupe EXL in Chicago land for $24,203.34. It's around at invoice. Only accesory I had was wheel locks.
    Shop around and you will find a good deal.
    Can a dealer cheat the price?

A dealer said the MSRP is 24595 but the real MSRP is 24132 and both include the same price details.

He gave quote of 23,562. I am not sure if this is a good deal for Accord08 coupe EX black. no options.

Please anybody suggest any advice Thanks :):blush:
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Hi there, That is my real name. He would remember me since I had to go more than once to get my rear-view camera installed. Good luck.
    That is in line with what I paid for mine with a navi for about $2000 more. It is a very good price, for now anyway.
    BTW, all new Accords are to be delivered with full tank of gas. Mud guards are $70 online and very easy to put on.
    Sure, $27920, plus $660 for the rear-view camera.
  • jlenhjlenh Member Posts: 3
    parviz, the car u bought is a ex-l v6? please give me a break down of the charges.

thanks.
  • fuenferfuenfer Member Posts: 7
    Joyce Honda in Denville, NJ -- ask for Aline Hanja. It's been running great for the 61 miles we've had it so far.
    This was through Rock Honda.

He was beating a price, which is probably why it is so low.
    This is without Navigation.
    Black on Black 2008 Coupe
    EX with NO additional options
    4 cyl

He gave a quote of $23,362, and he said it's $800 over the invoice he has.
    What do you guys think about that price? If you were me, would you buy it?
  • diuneidiunei Member Posts: 23
    24595 should be the MSRP for EX Coupe I4 auto.

anyway, just got my blue ex coupe I4 auto from Honda of Boston for $22K w/o options with a trade in. I have been there four times since day of one. I guess they were sick with me and decided didn't want to see me anymore. Anyone lives at Boston area should try that dealer.
    did you mean they traded in your previous vehicle and didn't pay you back for the value of the car you traded in, but instead they sold your new 08 coupe at 22k?? Sorry, if I misunderstood.
  • gtr4megtr4me Member Posts: 7
    Accord Coupe is one of the hottest car right now, every dealer is gonna sell them at MSRP or $200 to $500 below MSRP. Accord Sedan on the otherhand, you can probably get them much cheaper, as supplies are much higher in every dealerships. Carsdirect.com right now sells them $800 to $900 for the Sedan. I personally love the Coupe, but no way I will pay that price for it... For the same price of a EX-L V6 = Lexus IS250 Manual.
    Sedan EXL, V6 w/ Navi. Price included destination charge.
  • gtr4megtr4me Member Posts: 7
    MSRP is 23160 + Dest. Charge $635 = $23,795

There are places in LA where you can get it for flat 23k or MSRP -750. If you can wait till next summer, price will at least drop another $500.
  • ozzie82ozzie82 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased an '08 EX-L with auto transmission and 4-cyl engine. This was the first car I ever bought and the contributions to this board were very helpful during the car buying process. Thought I'd return the favor by providing a breakdown of the price I paid for the vehicle in case someone else was looking to test the market. FYI, I reside in New York City.

Price of vehicle (including destination) - 23,576
    Taxes - 1,974.49
    DMV and dealer fees - 249.50
    Total OTD - 25,800

Based on the negotiation, I still believe I might have left another $200-$300 on the table, but this has already been a six week process and I didn't really want to devote much more time to this. I think better deals than mine can be had on Accord Sedans if you're patient. Most dealers that I've dealt with appear pretty desperate to unload their inventory of these vehicles and I personally think it won't be long before prices fall pretty substantially. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again to all those who took the time to help people like me save a buck or two. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to respond when I can.
  • rtxbobrtxbob Member Posts: 8
    This was an Internet sale from a "volume" dealer. Nobody else in the area came close. It was $500 under Invoice: $24,915 + 635 dest + 487 processing fee + Tax and Title. 80% of the sales experience was over the internet, phone and fax. I didnot return calls to dealers that would not email or fax me a quote.

I know others have done a little better (the processing fee is a rip off), but I am happy and I think I bought the freak'n best car out there for the money. I have been lurking and searching for the last three months and I'm glad it over.

Merry Christmas everybody!
    Even with the processing fee you are at invoice price. You did good. I don't think it makes sense to wait a couple of months to save a couple of hundred on a a $25000 purchase. Enjoy it and congratulations!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    That processing fee negates the low price of the car. Just shop the OTD price.
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    Please kindly let us know the name of the dealer.. Really appreciate...
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    Unless you have a close friend who is a dealer and is willing to give you a great price, I suggest that you use one or all of the CAR BUYING SERVICES on the INTERNET.

EDMUNDS.COM is one. By entering your name and contact info and info on the car you want to buy you will get 3 to 10 dealer's replying, depending upon the number of dealers in your area. The buying services promise to give you a no obligation pricing But some of the replies you will get will just be a salesman calling to make himself know and he will invite you to his showroom. However some of the replies will be prices in E-Mail messages. Some of these prices will be honest firm prices and others will be prices to feel you out. Call the dealers which have responded with what appears to be a great price, i.e., near, at or below dealer invoice. If there is a dealer near you which you might prefer to use but his price is not the lowest, call him and tell him the lowest price you received. He might meet the lower price.

BEWARE of dealers who tell you you must buy a bunch of dealer installed options which are usually way over priced. If a dealer tells you that, RUN LIKE HELL. An honest dealer will either price some of the nicer dealer installed options at a reasonable price or allow you to purchase the car without them. I am talking about items such as wheel locks, mud flaps, floor mats, door and wheel well edge guards, trunk trays, ETC. Some dealers will charge as much as $1000 and over for this collection.

Also avoid dealers who add an additional markup the the list price. This is usually called ADDITIONAL DEALER MARKUP or MARKET ADJUSTMENT PRICE. I make it my policy to never, ever buy from such dealers even if the model I want does not have an ADM price on it. Such pricing tactics tell me that the dealer is not honest.

I did all of the above and got a 2008 HONDA ACCORD EX-L V6 without NAVI for $25615 + $635 destination. This is from ANDERSON HONDA in BALTIMORE, MARYLAND. The INTERNET SALES PERSON was excellent and up front all the way. She told me I could get the car off the truck as it comes from the factory without any dealer installed options. For wheel locks, mud flaps and wheel well and door edge guards her price was $245. Other dealers wanted $551 for these items.

On the Accord mud flaps are a good item since it keeps the under side painted areas from getting scratched. The edge guards are of questionable value. The wheel locks are OK since they might deter the occasional thief but won't stop the professional. You can buy these at an auto store for about $25 to $25 which is aobut half the dealer price.
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    Genius jb_turner writes: That processing fee negates the low price of the car. Just shop the OTD price.

Yet another brilliant and helpful comment, thanks. rtxbob paid $26,037 which is $14 under invoice. Please tell us how invoice or less for a recently released car isn't a good price? Particularly when it's the highest demand sedan trim line (the EX-L V6). Why do you keep making these comments? Tell us what you paid or what prices you are finding!
  • mac5217mac5217 Member Posts: 1
    Used this forum a couple of years ago and got a great price on my current vehicle. I'm now looking to Purchase (2) 2008 Accord sedans ASAP! Can anyone recommend a dealer in the NY Tri-state area that is willing to negotiate from INVOICE???

Thanks!
    Mac
  • ozzie82ozzie82 Member Posts: 2
    See my post on what I paid for the 4 cyl EX-L. Believe pricing was below invoice even after dealer fees. I bought my car from Hillside Honda in Queens, NYC. Salesman was Jonathan Chiu. I'm sure he can give you a pretty good deal on other trims as well.
  • rnickeymousernickeymouse Member Posts: 32
    They gave me the wheel locks free when I was picking up the car, I didn't ask for them. I assumed everyone got them.
  • bmet67bmet67 Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone purchased a 2008 Accord sedan with "molding pkg" installed? I'm thinking of side door molding but I only see door edge/wheel edge molding on mine. Not sure if my dealer took a shortcut. The sticker price for the molding is higher than the price for mud flaps or window tinting. Hard to believe the price of door edge/wheel molding can be that much.
  • bmet67bmet67 Member Posts: 5
    Where's your recommended place to buy Accord accessories? I'm looking for the best price of the wing spoiler for 08 Accord sedan.

For those who purchased them, is installation difficult or do you recommend dealer installation?
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    '08 Accord door molding (set of 4):

- Dealers: $209 + sale tax
    - One website: $99 + tax. I know at least one website who carries this.

- Install labor: $100 @ dealer. They said it's easy to install. But, molding alignment is not easy. I love to buy & install 1 set for my car but I am not sure when.

Please keep us informed. Thanks.
  • gjagja Member Posts: 28
    Where's your recommended place to buy Accord accessories? I'm looking for the best price of the wing spoiler for 08 Accord sedan.

For those who purchased them, is installation difficult or do you recommend dealer installation?

Check out the

accessories thread
  • gjagja Member Posts: 28
    Used this forum a couple of years ago and got a great price on my current vehicle. I'm now looking to Purchase (2) 2008 Accord sedans ASAP! Can anyone recommend a dealer in the NY Tri-state area that is willing to negotiate from INVOICE???

For the past few weeks, in the Sunday Newsday "Wheels" section, several dealers are advertising 08 Accords at invoice prices.
  • wildmanwilsonwildmanwilson Member Posts: 4
    Well, I just bought an Accord EX-L 4 cyclinder today for my wife. Has everything but the navigation. Took some wheeling and deeling but got it out the door and on the road for 26,100. I did a lot of dealing on the telephone and called dealers in 3 states. They wanted to deal face to face but I played the game on my terms. If they didn't want to give me a price then I would deal with one that would. I ended up with two local dealers. One gave me 26250 and didnt want to come down. I called the other and told him if he gave me 26000 then the deal was his. I ended up giving in a 100 dollars and closed the deal. Then the fun part...I called the other dealer back to tell him he lost out by stringing me along. I think I could have even got a little lower but I think I did pretty good and was tired of the whole thing.
  • coolguy76coolguy76 Member Posts: 9
    My best quote in NJ is 21500 OTD.

This includes:
    All taxes & fees (Sales tax NJ 7%, Doc fees, Dest charge , DMV new tag)
    Remote Start

Is this a good deal ?
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    Is that for an automatic trans? LX or LX-P? Have you actually purchased the vehicle yet?
  • rtxbobrtxbob Member Posts: 8
    The dealer was Curry Honda in Chamblee, GA just outside Atlanta. He had 138 Accords on the back lot, all line up by color and model. Pretty impressive.

The price was actually lowered by $199 to include the etched VIN in the glass.

There are about 12 Honda dealers in the Atlanta area. I was in contact with five of them over the last three months. These guys just made the buying process quick and simple.
  • coolguy76coolguy76 Member Posts: 9
    Its for Auto and Lx

I have written quote and putting down deposit this evening.
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    Good luck with your purchase. Hopefully they won't hit u with any funny last minute charges! :surprise: