Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bestdealsbestdeals Member Posts: 11
    Can you specify the dealer name? I am looking for a EXL I4/V6. Your price looks very good.

thanks.
  • ccsalak2ccsalak2 Member Posts: 3
    Hello

that looks like a good deal. But did u get this deal since u were going for the trade-in. I am located in Houston as well and looking for a similar offer,
  • brm128brm128 Member Posts: 4
    I did not mention it was 4 cyl w/ no nav. This was my target based on what I expected for my trade; no one else wanted to go below invoice; with the oil changes and added warranty I thought it was fair.
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    What was the breakdown, and how much below invoice price on the car was it? Did you get competitive quotes from other Triangle dealerships. I'm from Raleigh, will be shopping for an LX or LX-P (auto) in the January timeframe.

Congratations on your purchase, and happy holidays.
  • dmhatredmhatre Member Posts: 4
    Did you get those Honda free offers like free lifetime carwash, Free Car loaner progam, First Three Oil Changes Free, Trunk tray, pin stripes and splash guards which is worth $500? That's what Honda dealer claims.
  • coolguy76coolguy76 Member Posts: 9
    Just drove this out from DCH Academy, NJ.

21,500 OTD with remote start and 3 yr oil changes.

They threw in wheel locks, door edge guards and wheel well guards for free.

No hard selling or surprises. Smooth transaction.
  • japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    send me name of dealer and salesperson...your deal is too outragious to be considered legitimate....thanks
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "send me name of dealer and salesperson...your deal is too outragious to be considered legitimate....thanks"

What will you do with this information? You just purchased an 08 Accord...
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    $24,500 (hopefully including destination) for an I4, no navi is a tad above invoice, a good deal, but hardly outragious in my opinion.
  • kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    Well, he did get $500 in oil changes and an extension of 2 years 40,000 miles on his powertrain. (I have no idea what that is worth). Sounds like a good deal to me, unless there is some stipulation as to how often you can get your oil changed.
  • acemkacemk Member Posts: 6
    $23,325 Includes fright?? Because I'm also in the market for EX-L ,AT 4 cyl.
    And this is what I got......
    $23,518 + $635 fright + $99 dealer processing fee + tax/tag.
    Does anyone know if that's a good deal???? Thanks.
    Both deals look good to me.

Under invoice for the first and $90 over for the second (according to Edmunds).

If you lived in Florida you'd have to pay $499-599 for doc fees.
  • acemkacemk Member Posts: 6
    Oh, I forgot to mention I'm getting wheel locks and mud guard for free since it's already on the car. By the way I'm from Maryland and state law only allow dealer to
    charge max. processing fee of $99. Does anyone got better deal than mine. Please
    let know...Thanks
  • rmgovenderrmgovender Member Posts: 8
    Hello all. I would very much appreciate any information you have on deals for the Accord LX-P, 4 dr, Auto, no options. I am looking, of course, for the best deal and would like to be able to take in some facts about what others are paying around the country. Please let me know, I would very much appreciate any info. MSRP is 22,490. Thanks!
  • 96gc1owner96gc1owner Member Posts: 54
    We did it! After 3 years of lurking on this forum, we found our Accord today and bought it. Thanks for all the advice. Here's the deal: 2007 4dr EX-L Navi, AT, 2.4 I4 with 19K miles, mud guards, rear cargo mat, and flip down TV/DVD for the back seat crumb snachers...$18,400. ;) One owner and condition confirmed via Autocheck and Carfax.

Hope this helps others in the used market. I figure the first owner burned close to $10K in depreciation in the 10 months she owned it. :surprise: See you all in the other forums.
  • xicxic Member Posts: 5
    I just got a 2008 Accord LX-P AT, OTD price $22300. Is this good or normal?
  • mvp2nymvp2ny Member Posts: 7
    Dealership is in Jersey City. MetroHonda. The played hardball at first but when I was ready to walk out the door with my credit card, they renegotiated the price and even threw in the wheel locks. I would have rather had the spoiler. I already have a bluetooth gps so I did not need the Navi. Good luck. :shades:
  • fermat2fermat2 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased this car from Grand Honda in Chicago suburbs for $20300 (Including destination) which is about $420 below invoice. This is not including $58 documentation, $148 title and $1300 taxes.
    "I just got a 2008 Accord LX-P AT, OTD price $22300. Is this good or normal?"

That is defiantly on the high side... however just enjoy your ride!
  • dmhatredmhatre Member Posts: 4
    Does your price include Trunk tray, pin stripes, splash guards, free lifetime car washes and first year of oil changes free? My local dealer in St. Louis MO says it is worth more than $500.

For me, he is quoting $21250, which includes above free stuff+destination+doc fee.

None of the local dealer is ready to sell below 21200.

Can you please or anyone advise me whether it is a good deal or bad deal? If it is bad, is it advisable to go to Chicago (300 miles one way) and save $900. How about transfer, registration charges...etc any other charges?

Thanks in advance.
  • xicxic Member Posts: 5
    I got this LX-P with $20411 which is the price for car and the destination.
    Then plus tax, title, 4year registration, doc fee, tire tax andetc. it finally goes to $22300.
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    JB, can you share with us the best price (broken out) you've seen for a 2008 Accord LX-P auto? Thanks.
  • pvd77pvd77 Member Posts: 11
    Received 2 dealer quotes for $26,305 on the above. what do you guys think?
    That is a little over invoice and in my opinion a decent price. You may do a couple of hundred dollars better if you waited but I myself don't think saving a couple is worth the wait. You'll enjoy your car that much more if you get it now. You should make sure they don't get you with outrageous add on accessories. Don't pay more than $200 for a typical add-on such as splash guard/wheel locks/trunk tray combo and you should be fine.
  • brockpbrockp Member Posts: 11
    Paid $26,490 for this vehicle. Invoice + $440 for add-ons (Mud Guards, Trunk Tray and All-Weather floor mats). I probably could have gotten the $440 down a bit, but they had the exact Alabaster Silver/Black Leather combo I wanted and were the only ones willing to go down that low. I live in Seattle, took train down to Vancouver and drove back last night. Love the car, just ordered the rear wing spoiler and door edge guards online. Can't wait for them.
    I haven't been checking the LX-P pricing as I was interested in EXL. But, FYI, here is the internet ad I got today from the Livermore Honda, a northern ca dealer:

Dear Parviz,

Here is our weekly ad:

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL
    MSRP......................................$33,725.00
    Special weekend price..............$27,999.00*
    H80099 H80100 H80226

2008 Honda Accord LX-P sedan w/auto transmission
    MSRP......................................$22,795.00
    Special weekend price...............$20,288.00
    H80104 H80103

2008 Honda Pilot 4WD VP
    MSRP......................................$29,630.00
    Special weekend price...............$24,499.00*
    H80156 H80143 H80148

*price is not valid with Honda special lease. All special prices valid through 12/31/07. Please call Kathy for more details.
  • fleuryfleury Member Posts: 6
    They can definitely go a bit lower than that. I purchased a EX-L V6 w/o Navi for $25,708 last week.
  • cat17cat17 Member Posts: 5
    Which Dealer did you buy from? Business must be good in Seattle, a lot of them want $1K-$3K over MSRP and have no problem holding the door open for me as I walk out!
    I think it is mostly that they are trying to unload the 07 cars, also they don't have too many inventory of the 08 models yet. Just hang in there, as soon as they get more cars in, they will be holding the door shot so you don't leave without a purchase!
    Talk with Kevin in internet sales at Dick Hannah auto group. They were straight up...MUCH better than in Seattle. Bellevue Honda quoted me $750 over invoice via phone, but didn't want to go lower unless in person. Kevin did it all over the phone. Highly recommended.
  • basballhatbasballhat Member Posts: 5
    was this $25,708 including destination?
  • basballhatbasballhat Member Posts: 5
    best quote i'm getting in la/orange county is $26,105 including destination. anyone do better than this? if so where? i'd also be interested in knowing what kind of deals people got on EX-L with nav in socal. thanks in advance for your help.
  • cat17cat17 Member Posts: 5
    Well, you got a deal. I just spoke with them and they quoted MSRP. Big deal.
  • gabldggabldg Member Posts: 1
    This week I was quoted $23,228 (not including destination) as the internet special for the 2008 EX-L (No Navi). I've estimated total price including fees and taxes to be $25,993.51. Is this a fair deal or should I try to negotiate more?

Thanks!
  • fleuryfleury Member Posts: 6
    Yes, this includes destination.
    $23,228 is below invoice. I'd say that's fair. I guess you could always negotiate more, but I'm not sure how much lower they would go.
    I have seen a little better quote from Grace Honda in San Bruno, nor ca (Bay area), for EXL w/o navi but you are probably interested in so. ca dealers. I got my v6 navi from him for $27,710 (it ended up costing more since I added several other items, including splash guard, wheel locks, trunk tray, all season mat, and of course...the rear-view camera!). He would probably be saving about $400 over the so. ca quote but I am not sure if that is worth taking the long trip for you. Just FYI.
  • sfjoe523sfjoe523 Member Posts: 8
    The best quote I can get here in N. California is $21,995 + tax/title. Is that good or has anyone done better. I got those quote from Dublin Honda and Honda of Hayward
  • sfjoe523sfjoe523 Member Posts: 8
    Lowest price quote I have gotten is $20,350 from Honda of Dublin. Anyone get a better quote?
    See my post ##18908. Livermore Honda is a tad lower!
    You could do a little better. Try Grace Honda in So. SF.
    "Lowest price quote I have gotten is $20,350 from Honda of Dublin. Anyone get a better quote?"

Getting a low "quote" is nice... however a low "quote" would not necessarily mean the lowest OTD price. If you are shopping for yourself go for the lowest OTD price....if you are shopping for others just break down the price because if you do not some people here will have a cow.
  • jpf5jpf5 Member Posts: 2
    It seems like an good deal, but it depends on where you are. In the Baltimore, MD area we got a Manual EX-L no navi for $24.682 OTD (5% sales tax in MD). Our initial quote was $23,140 which included destination. (I believe the quote for an automatic was about 300$ above that.) If we had taken a car off their lot they even said they would knock $300 off that price. But they did not have the color or model we wanted so they had to get it from another dealership. We added mud flaps and wheel locks which took that price up to $23,390. We picked it up on Dec26th.

So far so good with the car.

One tip I can pass on regards financing. We came in with a Capital One financing check ready to pay with that. The rate on the Capital One auto lone was 6.4%. Once we got in with the finance people they offered us a rate of 6.9% through Honda Finance. When we showed them the Capital One rate and said we'd just go with them instead Honda came back with a lower rate. We got 5.9% for 5 years. It helps do do a bit of homework and come in with the paper work.

Best
  • sjack1insjack1in Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone,

I thought I will give back to this informative thread after benefiting greatly from everyone's contributions here. :)

I took delivery from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA on 12/26 a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L, I4, non-Navi, polished metal metallic exterior with gray leather interior for $23,388 + TTL + $55 doc fee = approx. $25,500 OTD.

This was a straight cash deal and I had no trade-ins. The price was obtained through their internet department and this was their first offer (but no other dealers around the San Francisco area were willing to beat this price).

So far, the car drives fairly nice, great handling, and very good acceleration (at least for a four-cylinder engine). My only complaint so far is an imperfection in the rear right seat cushion (a moderate fit-and-finish problem). I will probably get them to repair it at some point in the near future... so much for made-in-japan quality :( (this car was assembled in Sayama, Saitama, Japan with Japan-made engine and transmission).

Previously, I had been debating very hard about getting a 2008 Acura TSX vs a 2008 Honda Accord, but the supposedly improved safety of the Accord is what won me over (new ACE body structure, active head restraints, etc.) Overall, I am satisfied with the decent price and buying experience. Good luck bargain hunting!
    Great price if it is an automatic and a good price if it is not. Congratulations.
  • sjack1insjack1in Member Posts: 6
    Hi parviz:

Thanks! It's an automatic and the dealer also threw in free genuine Honda wheel locks and splash guards. :)
  • jkisjcajkisjca Member Posts: 8
    I received the same quote for EX-L V-6 w/ Navi from Grace Honda plus $775 for rearview camera (installed). What do you think I should pay to another dealer for an EX-L V-6, w/ Navi Demo (with 4500 miles on it) ? I almost agreed on $27925 plus $775 for the camera installed but would like to get it for a little less due to the mileage (only 31500 miles of warranty remains). I was told that EX-L V-6's with Navi are very hard to get.
    Interesting...4 cyl or V6? If 4 cylinder, tell him Brock Phillips sent you He did say they aren't discounting much on V6. I just told him today that I sent a recommendation out for him. If he's giving crap, I'd like to know so I don't recomend anymore.

Thanks.
  • bdeabdea Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a EX V6 from Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale,CA, $23,620 +TTL
    Best Experience I've had in purchasing a car. Contact Habib,Internet Manager, the car was in stock,3 miles on the odometer + 2.8 miles for tech checkout drive. No Hassles. Price via emails = $25,855 OTD,
    No Extras thrown in! No financing.
    Honda of Serramonte could beat this price by $100 and Grace Honda could match it, but they did not have the car in stock and would have to Dealer trade for one. I did not want any extra miles on it.
    Thanks to everyone whose comments help me get a Good Deal !!! :shades:
    I was also offered couple of demos, one with 3000 miles for 28013 and another with 2000 miles for 28313! (both in the bay area). Personally, I chose not to go with the demos for such little difference in price. My comfort level on a demo with 4500 miles would be around 26,500, otherwise I would prefer paying a little more and knowing that the car was not abused for the first few thousand miles! As you mentioned V6 EXL's (specislly w/ navi) are hard to find and get a great deal on. If you are in northern ca and Grace does not have one in stock, try Capitol Honda in S.J., he offered a polished metal one to me for 28,313.