Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mamu1mamu1 Member Posts: 2
    I paid 23,300 +TTL+DOC FEES at Westside Honda Knoxville for 2008 4cyl EX-L about 2 weeks ago, and other dealers in knoxville, morristown and maryville were not able to match it, [discussions on this forum shows that people have paiid even 200-300$ lessthan this in California and NJ, or getting 5yr free service]
    I am really loving my choice of car, it's mettalic gray with black leather. :)
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Then more reason to shop elsewhere!
  • brockpbrockp Member Posts: 11
    I was the one who got the EX-L Navi in Vancouver for invoice, however, I got the 4cyl. They weren't as willing to negotiate on V-6, according to their sales manager, but I was set on 4 cyl.

Bellevue Honda was willing to do $750 over invoice over the phone, but wanted me to come in to get lower, Dick Hannah in Vancouver was much more willing to negotiate over the phone, so I went with them. Best of luck.

BTW: Tacoma wanted $1800 over invoice as their best price, I just had to laugh.
  • rkh29rkh29 Member Posts: 9
    Got these quotes from Dick Hannah:
    Honda Accord EX-L V-6

MSRP: $28,060.00
    Invoice: $25,415.97
    Our VIP Price*: $28,060.00
    *Includes our Customer For Life package
    and 100,000 Mile Warranty!
    and
    Honda Accord EX V-6

MSRP: $25,960.00
    Invoice: $23,518.34
    Our VIP Price*: $25,960.00 + $1,645.00 after market leather = $27,605
    *Includes our Customer For Life package
    and 100,000 Mile Warranty!

I am not in a hurry and can wait for right price.
  • brockpbrockp Member Posts: 11
    Ouch..yea, not very good there. I sent internet quotes to almost all dealers in western washington, plus wenatchee and yakima. Enjoy your search. We bought our Pilot from Renton Honda in July, but they didn't respond to my quote request on the Accord.
  • phantomvphantomv Member Posts: 101
    Black interior
    $26,050 + tax
    Lia Honda, Albany, NY

Mike Patton Honda - in Georiga $25,950
  • phantomvphantomv Member Posts: 101
    Mike Patton Honda Southwest of Atlanta goes $25,950 - check 'em out on ebay
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "Mike Patton Honda Southwest of Atlanta goes $25,950 - check 'em out on ebay"

This is a very good OTD price.... and I thought $26,700 OTD was a low price in RI.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Now, keep in mind that Mike Patton, is a NON COMMISSION DEALERSHIP.
    Not your normal dealership
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    What kind of TTL are we talking about here? I don't think he said that was OTD and I do believe we are at least a couple of years away from getting an 08 V6 EXL for $25950 OTD. Speaking for CA with about 8% in taxes, of course.
  • misermiser Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 2 weeks ago from Duncan Honda in Christiansburg. $26,000 + tax. Best deal I could find anywhere. Thanks everyone for posting, it helped.
  • jbloggsjbloggs Member Posts: 8
    With Tax rate of 7%, My Brother got a written quote of just over $22000 OTD Price for 2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan Auto from CarLand Honda in Roswell. It was the lowest quote given. My Brother's target OTD Price is $21,500.

What would be a reasonable OTD Price for Honda Accord LX-P 4-Door Sedan in Atlanta Area?
  • malhotramalhotra Member Posts: 3
    Yes, 19031 was inclusive of the dest charge. 20,800 was my OTD price, inclusive of everything.
  • danno810danno810 Member Posts: 5
    That's an excellent deal. I'm in No. Ca, too. What dealer did you purchase from?
  • qqcaqqca Member Posts: 2
    It is Larry Hopkins Honda at Sunnyvale, North California.
  • 2008honda2008honda Member Posts: 17
    Hi, Anyone purchased a 2008 LX 4 cyl Auto recently in Brevard County FL? Specially from Southeastern Honda in Palm Bay. Any advice on the price is appreicated.
    :)
  • rossm1rossm1 Member Posts: 14
    Hi
    I would like to email dealers in Massachusetts about lease quote
    but having trouble to find email addresses
    Anybody can help
    Thanks

Ross
  • macdad3996macdad3996 Member Posts: 12
    I have received a few quotes the lowest being $24,062+ TTL Does everybody usually discuss OTD price over email or deal this at the dealership. Does this look like a good price? This is in the Philadelphia area. Thanks for your help. I will post results after I purchase.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "Hi
    I would like to email dealers in Massachusetts about lease quote
    but having trouble to find email addresses
    Anybody can help
    Thanks"

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/dealer-locator/
  • chicagomogulchicagomogul Member Posts: 2
    Bought this evening Honda Accord EX 4D from Carr's Honda in Chicago at Invoice $22,255.71 + TTL. However I paid $1,040 for the 8/120/0 warranty that is $100 more than what I can buy online.
    Best car buying experience ever. No bargaining. I showed them the KBB Invoice price and they accepted it.
    Would highly recommend.
  • stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    I got quotes $25,443 + TTL at a dealership. Drove down there last night to buy and they sold the car that morning (I was pissed - drove 120 miles roundtrip). How do I go about using that number at other dealerships?
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    If someone gives you a number on a car you want, then you should put a deposit on it and/or ask them to fax you some paperwork on it before you make the trip. I have purchased cars from dealers all over and unless "just looking" never make a trip without all the parts of the deal in place and a deposit on the car I am going after.

Of course, a shady dealer can still sell your car to someone else with your deposit on it but putting "money into it" usually will hold the car for you.

Dennis
  • kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    Was $25,443 after destination? That's almost $600 under invoice. What a deal!

What part of the country are you from?
    I'm in So. Cal. No other dealer won't even come close. All the e-mails I get say the price is unrealistic. It did include destination.

But it looks like I'm getting it tonight for $25,800 (including destination) + TTL.

Here is a what one dealer sent me about the quote I got:
    "The price you received isn't realistic, it's below what we own the car for. Invoice is $26,305. and we will offer this car to you for $26,505. plus the cost of any accessories, about $100. We have this car in stock at this time!
    Please check with whoever sent that quote to you. They definitly won't sell the car for that."
  • pvd77pvd77 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    If your deal pushes thru tonight, could you please email me the name of the dealer in so. calif.
    Good Luck!!!
  • olegbolegb Member Posts: 3
    I am in Bay Area, CA. We were searching for a new car (replace my wife 1996 accord, side note: never buy from Carmax). I found 2006 LX from a private owner (1st) 10K miles, very clean, no damages, for $15K even (checked by mechanic). My Credit Union has a car buying service that located a new 2007 LX for $18209 today (before tax and other junk fees). I tend to go for 2006, since annual depreciation for these cars about $1700 does not warrant extra $3200.

Help me decide. Thank for your input.
  • msuh27msuh27 Member Posts: 6
    hi guys,

after reading up on this forum here, i bought my accord yesterday. paid $28650 plus TTL. i tried to get pariz's price from grace honda, but they won't get anymore in stock for 30 days. i ended up buying at hayward honda, got my price over the phone and picked up the car same day. boy, these cars are hard to get though. i'm happy, i like the car. polished metal on grey leather.
  • msuh27msuh27 Member Posts: 6
    a guy named david lied to me there. i called him and asked if he could match a price quote i got. he told me to come on in, because they are the largest dealership around they will match or beat any written price. he told me to come on in because they want to see that i'm serious and so i drove there. first of all, i was there at 12 as promised, but he wasn't. that's ok, even though i would never be late for a business meeting, i understand things come up. after meeting him i asked him to match $28650 beacuse that was the offer i had, (see above message) and he comes back with $32,890. our conversation lasted 1.5 minutes. i drove 48 miles to see him. he wasn't even apologetic about it. he kept on saying that he's not going to BS me. thats what pissed me off the most. people like him give car reps a bad name. he should be fired.

on another note, a good guy to go to who won't BS you is habib in sunnyvale honda. he gives you straight up quotes over the phone and he will honor them.
  • scatterbrainscatterbrain Member Posts: 1
    So, I was in the market to buy a certified pre-owned Honda, but after seaching numerous dealerships, we happened to pass by one offering new Hondas at 0% financing.

Although I hadn't intended on buying new, I wound up getting a 2007 Accord SE. We talked them down to $20,000, and the out-the-door price after all charges and fees came out to $21,729. There were only two other '07s left on the lot and it seemed they were really trying to get rid of them.

This was my first time ever buying a car, used or new (I've had one other car and was fortunate to have family purchase it for me). Do you think I scored a decent deal? I felt I did at the time and still do, but looks like there are some seasoned hagglers here and I wonder if I could have done better. The 0% financing was really the icing on the cake for me.

Thoughts, please :blush:
  • gauriingauriin Member Posts: 6
    I will buy a coupe EX model in this month.
    so, could you guys recommend me good dealers in Indiana or Illionis??
  • xaixai Member Posts: 2
    After no luck with local honda dealers in Arizona, most of them quote me either MSRP or $500 under MSRP I figure I look else where for the coupe. I went to Honda website and email about 10+ So cal honda dealer and ask for the OTD quote. Most of them reply back but without the OTD quote, just phone number to contact them, those reply back with number were ridiculous high some go up to 29.9k for an EX-L coupe w/o Nav. I pick out some dealer from my email and start calling for price and finally one quote me on the phone with decent number. This was Weir Canyon Honda and I got the quote $24588 + TTL, this by far the lowest out of all. After some emails and phone call to get the price low but couldn't I pull the trigger. Drove to socal on 01/03 complete the paper work and out of the dealer in about 3 hrs, best car buying experience for me. Some of you might got better deal than I do but after weeks and weeks of haggling and frustration I'm very happy with the deal I got.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Wow, sorry you had such difficulty there. You might consider dropping by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews page to share your experiences there as well. That would be very helpful to consumers in your area.
  • diuneidiunei Member Posts: 23
    I put down $1000 for an 08 EX 4dr on Dec 31st, 2007. I was told that they did not have the car in the lot and were looking for a swap with another dealer. Now it's been 10 days still haven't heard from dealer. I called on Saturday but was told that the swap guys was lazy blah blah.

Can anyone tell me how many days can a dealer hold your down payment without giving you a car (if this exist)? I am sit of waiting and know that the other dealer near by has a model and color that I want.

Any help are greatly appriciated. Thank you in advance.
  • uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    Never put down any money until you see the car in person.
    Don't wait, just call them and say you want to cancel the order before it's too late.
    I put a downpayment cuz i wanted to secure my offer - $300 above invoice. Now i want my money back and go somewhere else if i don't see my car by this weekend. My question is that are there any laws/rules to govern my downpayment back? I want to be prepared before i talk to the dealer.
  • danno810danno810 Member Posts: 5
    I am planning to buy an '08 EX Coupe and am looking for an invoice or better price in No. California or western Nevada. Any Recommendations?
    I bought my 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 Polished Metal Metallic with grey leather seats last night. I love this car!

The car was $25,800
    I paid OTD:$28,279.

This was from Carson Honda. I was in and out in two hours. They did not pressure me to buy any of the extras. I would definitely recommend them. I had a great experience.
    That's the common trick that dealers do. Dealers say they can swap the vehicle easily, but it's not that easy process and you may not get the exact model you wanted. People get stuck with s wrong vehicle. You may get charged for delievery BS etc.
    Unless you drive off the lot, the car is not yours. They won't be happy, but you are not responsible for it.
    Just call them and say you want your money back. You should be fine.
  • pvd77pvd77 Member Posts: 11
    Hi again. Congratulations on your new purchase. I emailed Carson Honda for 2008 Accord EXLV6 with Navi and got MSRP($30,895 + fees) quote from the internet sales manager Jun Pereyna .Can you please tell me the name of the sales person you dealt with at Carson Honda. Just want to make sure that this Carson Honda is the one in Carson city Calif. .
    Thanks for your reply.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    "Never put down any money until you see the car in person"

Why not?

If you do this, there are cars you will never own.

Some cars are so popular that most are pre-sold before they ever hit the lots.

Some CRV's, Fits and Accord Coupes are that way.

Someone else will put their deposit on the car YOU want to buy.

If the car arrives and it isn't what you put the deposit on or something is wrong with it, just get your deposit back!
    "Never put down any money until you see the car in person"

I was referring to the original poster who put the money down for a dealer swapping car.

Dealers are doing whatever to hold the customer.
    It is a common trick that sales people do. They always say they know where the car is and once they find one, dealer can swap the car for you. But when you put the deposit down, you are sort of stuck. I know you can get the deposit back, but it is not convenient.

People get weak when other party is holding your money. Another problem for the swapping a car is that you may get charged for the delivery of vehicle too that they never mention to you.

You maybe right that some cars are high demand so you want to put the deposit down and hold the car.

If you know exactly when it’s going to be in stock and you are willing to wait then it may be worth it, but personally, I would not pay anything until I see it and test drive the car.
    Wll, we certainly don't do those things but I suppose this can happen.

Still, my point remains, if you take a hard line approach on this there will be cars you will probably lose out on. Someone more trusting than you are will put thier deposit on it.

A person has to do what they are comfortable with I suppose.

And this is exactly why I keep saying that people should ask friends and others for a referral. Check out the reputation of the stores you are thinking about buying from. A well run store wold never do those things that you describe.
    Thank you all for providing valuable inputs.

I just called the dealer and told them that they have up to this Saturday to get me the car I want (that would make it a two-week waiting). If i wait until Saturday noon and they have not give me a firm answer, i will ask them to refund my money and walk to the other dealer (7.4miles away) who DOES have the car in stock now.

Here is my another question: if i ask the current dealer to refund my 1k deposit, will they refund it? I know i can always call my credit card company and dispute the charge :( if i have to go that far.
    You are being more than fair with them.

I doubt if you will have any trougle getting your deposit back but if you do, just dispute the charge.
  • colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    Our local Honda dealer, and there is only one in this small city of approx. 130K pop., has numerous new CRV's and Fit's on the lot. When I checked Sunday, there were at least 5 unsold Fit's.

Sometimes deposits are required, but having sold new cars for a living for awhile, I would never do it myself.
  • hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    Did you sign a contract when you paid your deposit...what does it sau in terms of right to cancel? I recently had a dealership do a similar thing so I called another dealer who matched the price (lease) with a car that even had a couple more options. I called the original dealer and told them I wanted a refund and they were upset but quite frankly if they provided better customer service it would not have happened. They tried stall on my refund so I disputed it on my credit card which basically left them no choice as the contract was cut and dry on my right to cancel.
  • janehondajanehonda Member Posts: 5
    This Costco web site is interesting:

http://www.costcoauto.com/research/results.aspx?modelid=17547&modelyear=2008

Click on the Accord photo on the right side and it shows you the standard MSRP and then the Costco cost + a destination charge.

For example an EX-L V6 would be $25,415.97 + a destination charge of $635. Total cost = $26,050.97. This price is about $2600 off the sticker.
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    My preference is Penske Honda. The salesman is Song Park. I just bought a 2008 Beige Accord EXL V6 with NAVI last month. Very pleased about this dealer. The price is excellent too.

Song is very straight forward and his # is right on my lowest one. He may spy on this board to avoid a lot of nonsenses during the price negotiation.

Tell him I refer you. Just mention the guy bought the Beige Accord with Navi from him last month... :D
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    The best advise is to find salesmen with no nonsense. If he is serious, please nail the sale contract over the phone(let him fax you the copy and conditions of car(mileage, color, etc)). Then show your sincerity by giving him $X deposit (via your credit card). This will avoid 48 miles driving to the dealer and wasting your valuable time.

I used this method to deal with dealers out of the states. Unfortunately, none of them wanted to do that, so do not waste your time, get everything in writing and you will be fine.

My sincere thanks to Song Park of Penske Honda Indianapolis who helped me to find my dream 08 Accord last month.

I will get buy 09 Pilot from them too.
  • fleuryfleury Member Posts: 6
    You got a good price stephanie2167.

I purchased mine for a similar price. I purchased an 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 (w/o Nav) for $25,708 (OTD: $28,319) about a month ago. This was from Stevens Creek Honda in the bay area. I would recommend that dealership as well, and to go through the internet manager there.