Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    That is a great price. Here in Denver a nice EX-L 4 cyl. is going for $25,000.

I am not sure how well the Accords are selling because the dealership near my house has five Accords parked near the street, a variety 4 and 6 cylinder, leather and no leather--they are not moving. I do not think people want a $400-500 monthly payment. The only way to get it lower is to have a BIG downpayment or a nice trade-in.

With the unfavorable lease rates it makes it a tougher sell.

Brad :lemon: :shades:
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Can anyone give me a ballpark as to what kind of price I can expect to pay in the Chicago area for an LX-P I4 auto?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Because you don't see any on the roads means they aren't popular?

Compared to the sedans coupes never sell as well. Maybe 10-15 percent of Accords built are coupes.

Still, they are in pretty tight supply. NAVI V-6's are nearly impossible to find and they are always presold before they arrive.
  • hy2000hy2000 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market to buy a new 2008 Honda Accord LX, I live in Maryland, DC metro area. Can someone give me an idea how much I should pay for the final total price or share what you pay for 2009 Honda Accord LX? Thank you.
    HY
  • lsvjr13lsvjr13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just interested to know which dealer in Miami you got that price from. This past weekend I visited South Motors and their best price was $26.6k plus tax and tag, all fees are in the price. I am also looking for an EX-L V6 in white pearl though.

Thanks.
  • sunnyrodeosunnyrodeo Member Posts: 9
    I dont think i would do accord to accord swap. VSA is good if you live in the area with alot of snow,but you can just drive more carefully and you will be fine with it. or just get winter tire with the extra money you have to dish out to get a newer accord. Accord to civic .. maybe. I really dont think mpg saving will justify what you lose buying another car tho. You will be losing money no matter how much you save on gas (which isnt that much epsecially for intown driving, couple mpg at most, more likely 2mpg, honda v6 is very good on gas). If you do switch over to civic or newer accord, dealer is making money on you; most likely in $1500-$2000 range otherwise they wont do that trade. Plus they will make more money when they sell your car. So why would you want to do that. Stick with your current accord at least till warranty runs out and get new gen accord ex with 4cyl (190hp compared to 160 in older gen) or 2009 civic (it will get some exterior and some other upgrades next yr). You will be much happier with newer models and next year there will be more deals on accord and all the kinks would be all fixed. Trades you metioned just arent enough of upgrade or downgrade to justify losing $2000.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    VSA is more important in snow and ice, but unless you never drive on wet, slippery roads, it is still very important.

It can be helpful even on dry pavement when you need to swerve unexpectedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSOAk7alUKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr0_UDCRk00&NR=1
  • jamminx1jamminx1 Member Posts: 4
    Started shopping for an LX-P this past week. Talked to the internet sales person in Rock County WI, we're at $20,370 including the $635 and no dealer add ons. I'm taking our 98 Accord LX in this week for trade valuation so I'll see how things change then. Also, got $20,644 from one Milwaukee dealer and waiting for the price from the dealer that sold us our 98. They are usually very competitive and I'll probably be seeing them this week. May move up to the EX with the 3.9% for 60 months. Our local dealer priced at $21,760 and I told them they had to move alot to get me back. I'll see what I hear from them this week. Same thing when we got the 98, they did't want to deal so another dealer got the sale and they get the service.

Rock County could be 90 minutes depending on where you are in the City. Good luck would be interested to hear what you're getting for prices.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I would not do it for that much difference.

ESC or VSA is almost not needed in a FWD drive car. Why not? Almost every FWD car will understeer when driven at the limit. What is the "cure" for understeer? Simply lift off the gas - that reduces your speed (less speed = more grip) and transfers the weight of the car forward (more weight over the front wheels = more grip). Even if you lift completely off the gas the car is not likely to come around on you (oversteer).

In a top heavy vehicle (e.g. SUV) it can be a nice aid to prevent roll over. It RWD vehicles it is a must have as it takes much more skill to recover from oversteer that you normally find in a RWD car at the limit. In addition, if you start over steering in a RWD and do the FWD "simply lift off the gas" thing the odds are very good the car will snap spin when the weight transfers forward and unloads the already slipping rear tires. In a RWD car you have to counter steer ("turn into the skid") while feathering the throttle. In some cases you may have to give the car MORE gas to transfer the weight to the rear and power out of the skid. Not something that most drivers ever practice nor even know how to do.

If you want to trade cars for other reasons - better gas mileage, more room, other features AND get VSA in the bargain that would be one thing - but to trade to just get it on a FWD would not be worth it (to me). If you live where you get snow, spend the money on a spare set of steel rims and some nice snow / ice tires (I am using Michelin x-ice on my snow day car and they are super) and you can handle the slick roads much better than running all season tires in a VSA equipped car. If you don't live where you get any snow, then next tire change ditch the all season tires for some summer tread wet / dry tires and increase your grip in the rain and in the dry. All season tires do nothing well - a lot worse than snow tires in the snow and a good bit worse than summer tires in the rain and dry. Much better to spend your money on good tires than the VSA. You might also invest in a little performance driver training or even make some SOLO II runs with your local SCCA group. Get some practice driving your car at the limits.

Dennis
  • markludmarklud Member Posts: 41
    Just put a deposit on a 2008 EXL- V6 sedan in Northeast Pa. for about $26,200 + tax and tags. Came out to just under $28,000 out the door. That included a set of mudflaps... I'm thinking that's just about average selling price for that model, am I correct? Invoice price is supposedly $26,051...
  • decisions2decisions2 Member Posts: 21
    So I test drove the EX-L with both the 4 and 6 cylinder recently. Trying to decide if it is worth the upgrade and just go with the 6, or if the 4 will be enough.

What did you choose? 4 or 6?

I am considering the EX-L and am trying to decide between the 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, and if I want to get the Nav. I have 2 external on dash nav's, but I sure do like it built in.

Thoughts? are the V-6 or Nav worth the $2K+ price tag in your opinion. I sure do want them both :)
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    personally i'd rather have the ex-L 4 cylinder with a built in navigation than a 6 cylinder without navigation... there's plenty of get up and go with the 4 cylinder, plus you get better gas mileage.... so if i had to choose between one or the other, i'd go with the built in navigation...
    As a suggestion, if you drive a 4 cylinder and you like it, don't drive a V-6.

Of course, the V-6 will be smoother and more powerful but the 190 four has more than enough power.

As far as NAVI. Very few people actually "need" a NAVI system but they are certainly cool. The aftermarket ones don't hold a candle to Honda's factory unit.

It all boils down to what is important to you. Nobody "needs" a sunroof either.
    If automatic rerouting around and avoidance of freeway traffic jams is useful to you, then a portable will be better.
    Honda has decided to not offer traffic service as an option for the Accord.
  • badtrannybadtranny Member Posts: 33
    No shortage of 08 Accords in CT.. In particular the V6 models.. Today is the FIRST time I have seen an 08 Accord on the road, that didn't have a dealer plate on it. It was a v6 by coincidence.
    Maybe you just need to get out more? ;)
    I would agree and say that there aren't a ton on the road, but enough to start noticing them. Anyone think the 4 cylinder is enough power? I had myself, a friend, and the sales guy in the back seat and the 4 definitely seemed to struggle a bit getting up to speed. I realize a Honda isn't a sports car by any means, but I definitely don't want to feel like it is underpowered in more aggressive driving. That i-95 demands aggressive driving at times as anyone who drives it knows.

Debating on a 2008 Accord, or a 2005 to 2006 Acura TL. Decisions Decisions.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    With regard to nav, I think that is decision that no one can make for you. It is a VERY expensive way to get that feature. However, I'm sure it is a nice convenience for those that 1) will actually use it and 2) can (or want to) afford it.

With regard to the V6 vs. I4 issue, you might try the I4 v. v6 forum for lots of good comments. In my opinion, like the navigation issue, the 6cyl. is a luxury that virtually no one "needs." Further, there are potential "issues" with the cylinder deactivation system that are very well explored in the Accord VCM forum. Having said that, the power advantage of the 6cyl. over the I4 is enormous. You definitely get something for your money when you opt for the 6cyl. I have an I4 08 Accord EX-L and, while it certainly has adequate power, it likes to down-shift on hills and doesn't come into its own until the RPM gauge is getting up there. The V6 has considerably more low-end umph! Really, its a matter of how you drive. If you commute in your car and spend little time on the open road, I personally would think the 4cyl is the better choice. If you spend lots of time on two-lane roads at high speeds or hilly interstates, the 6cyl. might be nice. Good luck!
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    If you opt for an Acura TL - -make sure and check out the new car prices before you go and purchase a used 2005 or 2006. I checked out new 07 TLs before I bought my 08 Accord -- there was only a $5000 price difference between my EX-L I4 and the base model TL. . . . even less if considering an Accord with a v6 and navigation. With the tightening car market and economy, and with a new model of TL coming next year, I think it might be a great time to step into a TL --- plus they're GREAT cars if you don't mind the premium unleaded.
    "Only" 5000.00?

For a lot of people, that is a lot of money.

And you are going from a top of the line Accord to a base TL?

The new Accords aren't a whole lot different than the TL's and have better resale value down the road.

Good cars either way...
  • surfactant2surfactant2 Member Posts: 2
    I am receiving offers around 23,900 (think that is close to invoice) I am in DC-Balt

area. Is this a good price? What is the best way to get financing? Is Financing from

Honda of America competitive? Thanks for any help

Damm I hane no GOLD!
    The TL is definitely a nice ride. I actually almost bought one a few times over the past year, and then decided to wait till now. So when comparing price I figured it might be worth it to spend the tiny bit more and get a 'NEW" accord, over a recertified TL.

The pro's about the TL are that it will be recertified with the full warranty and the car has been in production for a year prior. It is definitely a sleek ride, and feels a bit faster over the v6 accord even though it might not actually be quicker. I also like that you can use the manual shift in the TL. The cons are that a used 2005/2006 can still easily cost between $25K to $27K with average miles. The base TL isn't truly missing anything the EX-L has so I look at the TL as a top of the line ride, like the EX-L Honda.

The pro's of the new accord are just that, it is NEW :) The cons are that I hate the idea of buying a first year car since there will definitely be bugs that they will find and have to work out. Anyone else worry about this?
  • markludmarklud Member Posts: 41
    Excuse me, not to be rude, but isn't this the subject of "prices paid" and not "I4 Vs V6" post? I asked a question about whether I paid a fair amount and now it's lost among posts on 4cyl and 6cyl opinions... Sorry for my outburst...
    My advise?

Are you happy with your deal? That's what matters.

When people come here AFTER they have already bought their car, it's likely some spoil sport will rain on your parade and tell you how they paid less!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    We want members to come here after they buy the car...

That's how we get the Prices Paid..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kaitian03kaitian03 Member Posts: 9
    FYI,just got my LX-P auto today from a MD dealer in rockville
    18970+635(destination)+3%VA tax+fees=20400(OTD)
    4.89% finance for 60 months through honda.
  • kaitian03kaitian03 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you. I followed your advice and it is really helpful.
  • shani123shani123 Member Posts: 2
    lx p auto, Paid 18900 including destination charge. taking delivery later today. david hobbs honda in milwaukee no hassle.
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    paid 27,338, plus 100 doc fee and 160 for plates.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    "... Thoughts? are the V-6 or Nav worth the $2K+ price tag in your opinion. I sure do want them both ..."

Try the thread for Accord Navigation. There are several posts regarding this issue, including my input that you may find helpful.
    Drive the 4 again and decide if it's enough power. Of course the V6 will be more power, but you have to decide for yourself whether the 4 cylinder is enough.

If it has more power than what you were driving before, the it obviously has enough power. If you are used to driving something much faster, then you may have a problem with getting used to less power.
    Then you also need to decide whether a few extra mpgs will matter to you.

It doesn't matter what someone else bought since you are the one who will be driving it and buying the gas.
  • taoltaol Member Posts: 9
    I am thinking about getting an EX with auto tranny. Would appreciate it if anyone can share his/her purchase information. So far I've only got one feedback:

2008 Accord Sedan EX with auto trans,
    including destination charges
    Price $21,621 plus tax and license

2008 Accord Sedan LX-P with auto trans,
    Including destination charges
    Price $20,070 plus tax and license

Any comment? Thanks
  • camjoe92camjoe92 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 no navigation. I got the car at Galpin Honda in Sylmar, CA. they said over the phone that they would beat any price as long as it was written down. so i got one from Honda in Cerritos that said 26,966. I brought that e-mail into Galpin and when I got there they said that they couldn't beat it because they didn't realize what car it was for. That's when I walked out, then they chased me outside and said they could do it. to make along story short, got the car with destination included at $26,800. I added the alarm system which was about $500 and the lo-jack which i added onto my monthly payments. the lo-jack makes it go up about $11/month. At 60 months they offered a 6.99% interest rate, but my mother (who cosigned and has near perfect credit) demanded that we get a lower one. We finally agreed on a 4.59% interest rate. So, in all with the price of the car+alarm+lo-jack+tax and fees+ interest= $33,000. Also, I put 5 down to make my payment $450/month. Hope this helps. Btw, it's a great car. :D
    But they are a lot better off to ask about a deal BEFORE they buy or lease than after, when they can do nothing but cry if they got hosed.

Ask first, then if it is a good deal take it and then post your price :D .

Dennis
  • billtetzbilltetz Member Posts: 7
    You paid 27,338 + 100 + 160 OTD? Those numbers include sales tax? That seems like a fantastic deal for the EXL V6 w/ Nav.
  • volodosvolodos Member Posts: 7
    Can I ask you salesperson's name or phone number?

Regards,
  • volodosvolodos Member Posts: 7
    Could you disclose salesperson name and phone number?

Regards,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for your info. I have not really started getting any prices yet. I have not fully decided on the Accord as I know I can get a Mazda6 for about $3500 less and a Sonato about $4500 less. I'm just trying to get a feel at this point but will be glad to share with you if and when I start negotiating. I live about 11 miles south of the WI/IL line so I assume Rock County isn't that far.
    thanks much for the info. Looks like you got a good price.
  • raduilieraduilie Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a EX-L sedan auto 4 cylinders (msrp $26,495) from Boch Honda in Norwood, MA. The price was $22,523 for the car (destination included) and $298 doc fee. Plus title and MA sales tax.
  • beslcbeslc Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased an EXL coupe 4cyl . Price paid was 24389.00 plus tax and License. I am adding full front clear bra aftermarket for 325.00.
  • googoolygoogooly Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys.. good news.. I got my car, picking it up today...
    it's a Honda Accord V6 2008 with Navigation Automatic Sedan.. the price you won' beleive..
    it's Hardin Honda, Orange County, after some serious negotiating, we got it down to 27500 + fees and taxes
    it worked out 29940 all included out of dealer. It's black on Black leather... amazing amazing car... and I got it under my own name and since I have no credit history being new here from Canada, lol somehow they manged to give it to me at 6.5% rate on 60 months. really good guys to deal with. and I bet you you can even get a better deal than mine if you are stubborn enough. but honestly thanks for everyone help and comments it gave me an idea to how much to negotiate when I'm going there.

Rule # 1 you are the boss till you say yes to their offer, so demand the most ridicules thing because it might just happen.
    he said 28500 and we wrote 27250 and when he said No i can't do it, we got up to leave and somehow magically the agreed on 27500. so yes it does work.

it'll definitely update everyone how the ride is and stuff.
    btw anyone knows where I can find the original accessories for cheaper? these *$#$)(#$& are a rip off when it comes to these things...
    Black looks so nice and upscale on a brand-new dust free, scratch free car fresh from the dealer's lot, but it's so hard to keep it looking good after even just a few years. Swirl marks from nothing more than car washing black cars looks so bad so soon.
    anyone knows where I can find the original accessories for cheaper?

Congratulations on the new Pilot!

You can check the prices at H&A, Bernardi, and Saccucci online. I got the cargo cover for ours via a Honda dealer on fleabay - the net price for the cover and shipping was lower than the other online dealers. So you have to check around for what you want. If you want something that needs installation by a "pro" then you can use the Honda e-store for accessories. One of my local dealers has pretty reasonable prices for accessories installed, while the others are sky high. On the e-store you can pick the dealer and see the price so finding the best deal is fairly simple - but you do have to go back and start over to pick a new dealer.

Dennis
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Handa.com
  • jamminx1jamminx1 Member Posts: 4
    I got $20,051 from Russ Darrow in Brown Deer near Milwaukee and after seeing the Hobbs Honda price, I have another dealer to contact. We bought our 98 Accord from Russ Darrow in 98 and it was a very smooth deal. I'll be visiting them Saturday (if the blasted snow misses us) to get the trade value and will go to Hobbs. For us the size of the Accord is better than the Mazada 6. I'll post the final price after the deal is done.
    I know what you ;mean about the size. I drive by myself 99% of the time in the Mazda so the size is ok but I do find the elbow/hip room in the Accord and Sonata to be kind of nice. Everythings a tradeoff to some degree. I like the quick steering response of the Mazda6 most of the time but sometimes find it can be a little too responsive when I move around in the drivers seat just a little movement of the steering wheel can jerk the car. However, it's great for "fun type" driving and quick maneuvers when somebody else does something a little stupid. Looking forward to hearing about your quest for a good price on the Accord.
    Last few times I have been in the market for something, H and A was not the best price when shipping was included. In fact, I think they were the highest price place for each of the items I was looking at. So while I used to only recommend them, I would say shop around and get the best deal - likely somewhere else.

Dennis
    In comparing the Accord, Mazda, and Hyundai one thing to keep in mind if you are buying (not leasing) is future value. If you drive the value out of them, then it does not matter. If you trade cars every few years the Accord should be, by far, your best value. Hyundai makes some nice cars (now) and the one we had years ago was pretty decent and held up well. Mazda has several nice models as well. Neither can hold a candle in resale value to an Accord, though. The Hyundai for sure really does not hold value well. Nothing wrong with any of the choices you mentioned, but like the stock market your used car is worth only what someone ELSE will give for it.

Just something to keep in mind when comparing - just like checking insurance rates before you decide what to buy.

Dennis