Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    For those of you looking for the LX auto, this is what I received from Livermore Honda in the email. Prices good through 3/23/08 per ad. If there are no "fine prints" the price seems great at about $1000 below invoice.

2008 Honda Accord LX sedan w/auto transmission
    MSRP....................................................$21,795.00
    Weekly special price...........................$18,500.00
    H80253 H80249 H80257 H80301
  • taoltaol Member Posts: 9
    Does the ad include EX or EX-L I4? Thanks.
    No, it only had LX auto listed. If you are interested in other trims I would suggest just writing to the internet sales and ask for a quote
  • macljsmacljs Member Posts: 5
    hi, did anyone get a good deal on 08' accord LE with auto transmission in portland area? Please let me know the dealer and the price.
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    What are you getting for:

2008 ACCORD EX-L 4 CYL W/O NAV

2008 ACCORD EX-L V6 W/O NAV

And list the dealer if thats allowed please
  • mstyladymstylady Member Posts: 19
    Looking for the same info as gleen6191; appreciate your responses!
  • zxbuizxbui Member Posts: 6
    Hi - I live in Southern California.
    and I am in the market to buy the `08 Accord LX-P auto and was curious to see what others have paid for it and what deals I can get. Please list the dealer if thats allowed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Just bought my car at $22,750 including destination. Paid another $55 for doc fee. Other fees are standard. Out-of-door is $24936. I think I got a good deal.
  • scotflyerscotflyer Member Posts: 2
    Appreciate any recent pricing as market seems to be xlowing rapidly.
  • coupedegracecoupedegrace Member Posts: 3
    Here is the breakdown of the lowest quote I received for a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 MT w/o NAV in Northern Virginia:

special internet price ---- $24998.72
    freight ---- $635
    appearance pkg* ---- $595
    processing fee ---- $385
    VA TAX ---- 3.2%
    VA Tags ---- $68

Total OTD price = $27521.03
    -Not sure at which point they applied the tax, but it just about adds up any way you cut it.
    -VA can charge up to $399 for processing.

*The appearance package is a dealer add-on that they put on all cars supposedly. It includes splashguards and wheel locks with an optional pinstripe.

Is this a reasonable OTD price quote for the car (2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 MT w/o NAV) or do I have more wiggle room?

I don't think I should be charged for the appearance package, so I was thinking I should be able to go to @ $27,000.
  • equalizer7equalizer7 Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have sold price for LX 4 Auto or LX-P 4 Auto in So CA?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Even at 27k OTD this is a wee bit on the high side for this car.
  • kaitian03kaitian03 Member Posts: 9
    Yes, it is herson's Honda. This price is about $500 below the invoice even after including the destination charge. So I think it is decent. And I guess they are trying to get some target sale recently, so I would recommend you try to contact them for quote too.
    The quote including the destination and the dealer fee is still a few hundred below invoice on this car and in my opinion a very good price. The appearance package price, however, is a big joke. Those items at the most would be about $200. So I agree with your assessment of about $27k OTD being a reasonable price.
  • volodosvolodos Member Posts: 7
    I am a newbie here this forum so I don't know how to send you an email. Is there any kind of sending-message-functionality in the forum. :confuse:
  • mypgmypg Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you buy the EXL from?
  • cdb51862cdb51862 Member Posts: 4
    Also interested in Northern NJ pricing for EX-L Sedan 4 CYL w/o Nav. Any input appreciated.
  • lucky620lucky620 Member Posts: 26
    Recently purchased an 08 V6 Accord coupe w/navi in north jersey for $27,300 including destination fees. Did initial shopping through online requests to Paul Miller/West Essex Honda, DCH Honda-Paramus, and Hudson Honda. Hudson Honda was over the sticker, DCH was $28,+ and Paul Miller came in at $27,300. Did my in-person dealing with Rt 23 Honda in Pompton Plains and Garden State Honda in Clifton. Ended up in Garden State Honda with deal and 1/2 price on Honda remote starter. Good luck!!
  • goldenone23goldenone23 Member Posts: 5
    i went to a dealer in socal on sunday and they wanted 30k out the door accord coupe ex-l v6 with navigation. i was trying to get it to 27 and it didn't work anyone know any socal dealers that have the coupe for 27k with or without navigation?
    I bought it from Autowest. Let me know if you need my salesman's name
  • ginskeeginskee Member Posts: 12
    Just bought mine in Arizona for $28,365 ($735 over invoice). This car is nearly impossible to find: Black , automatic, Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with navi. I've been trying for about 2 months now and finally found one. Before I found this, there were only 5 available in the country and by the time I contacted those dealerships, they had already sold them. I lucked out and found one about 150 miles away. I had contacted them the day before it arrived on their lot and they reserved it for me.
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    Hi, I just got back from a Honda Dealer in Pittsburgh PA. Was looking for an Accord, EXL I4. was offered $23936. But they offered my trade-in dirt cheap. so I walked away. If without a trade-in. Do you think $23936 is a good price?
    David
  • kinmankinman Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from Honda dealer in Silicon Valley.
    LX-P $19787 including destination

I think it is a good deal. Any comment ?
  • zxbuizxbui Member Posts: 6
    Kinman,
    You did good! I requested quotations from six dealers in southern California, and the best deal is $19694.78 (includes destination and PDI - for 2008 Honda Accord LX-P Auto)
    You can always haggle for another $100.
    Good luck with your deal
  • mike274mike274 Member Posts: 35
    Hello. A dealership in NY still has some 2007 V6 accord with Leather still left. They quoted $22,360 plus TT&L. Can someone please let me know if this is a good price and what they think of the car. Deciding if I should buy this or the 2008 EX-L 4 cyl. Thanks.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    Can you tell me what dealer in NY? I am looking for one of these also.
    How much is the sales tax there? FYI: I bought EX-L I4 at $22,750 +$55 doc+TTL in the SF bay area. Seems to me you should ask for at least $1k below invoice at this time.
    kinman, you did not mention whether the quote is for the AT, If so, that is a great price. If it is for a manual transmission still it is a good price as long as you get the exact color and options you want and no other fees/unwanted add-ons. Good luck.
    That is a very good price for that model. You won't be seeing much more price drop on those, if any, as they are beyond their holdback and any dealer incentives. As far as the car itself, a friend of mine owns one and another friend owns an 06 V6 EXL (same as 07), they are great cars and I personally like them. I own the 08 model because I like the new design better so I think for you the primary factor would be the looks and the purchase price (But I don't think it would be fair to do price comparison when considering 07 V6 EXL to 08 I4 EXL).
  • mike274mike274 Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for the feedback. The dealer is South Shore Honda in Valley Stream. I think they said they have three left. The only problem I see if that you are getting a car manufactured in 2006 and when you look up the value, edmonds has a dealer price of $21,000 or so, but these cars are new
  • kinmankinman Member Posts: 2
    It is LX-P AT. Doc fee=$55
  • hammer13hammer13 Member Posts: 2
    I think it is a good price for the car. I wish you would man up to the situation and stop being so cheap.
  • equalizer7equalizer7 Member Posts: 8
    Hi zxbui,

Could you tell us what dealership in So Cal gave you the 19694 quote?
  • geaux_tigers53geaux_tigers53 Member Posts: 3
    I've tried to get a feel for prices by browsing this topic, but I was wondering if you could tell me if yall think that the prices on these are going to be going up or down over the next 3 months. I'm looking to purchase in June, do you think the prices will be higher or lower, or the same by then. Thanks!
  • alurkeralurker Member Posts: 2
    paid 24,200 +TTL (Dallas Texas)
    Includes add-ons:
    EPP (Environment Protection Package - aka wax & scotchguard)
    ProPack (mud guard, trunk tray, wheel locks)
    Pinstripe, tint

I thought this was a pretty good deal until I discovered my car was actually manufactured in '07.

Any thoughts on if I overpaid?
  • boatingboating Member Posts: 17
    Just took delivery of an 08 Accord EX-L sedan 4 Cyl Auto from Majestic Honda from Lincoln, Rhode Island.

Excellent place to do business with. Very friendly, relaxed atmosphere and no pressure. I have a Pilot also purchased here in 05

Price $ 23,605 included destination and wheel locks. Doc fees are $95.00

We were torn between the Altima and Accord (can't go wrong with either one!) and the car was my wife's choice. I will most likely get an extended warranty from Bernardi Honda (9yrs/120k $940) before 4-1.

Wife is happy-that's what counts!
  • phyoskiphyoski Member Posts: 2
    I'm sorry to jump in like this. But I have an 06 accord EXL that i'm trying to get rid of. just wondering if anyone's in the area and interested. see my post at
    http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/613143134.html
  • lholtmanlholtman Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cyl.

MSRP $26,495 + $648 for dealer add ons (sunroof visor, mud flaps, rubber mats, trunk liner.)

I paid $24,647 before taxes, title, etc.

Did I get a good price?
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Recently received internet quotes from several central Pennsylvania dealers for a 2008 Honda Accord EX Sedan with manual transmission and no navigation. The lowest price quoted is as follows:

Base price: $20,377
    Destination: $635
    Options: $490 [body side moulding, splash guards and wheel locks]
    Sub-Total: $21,502
    Doc Fees: $129
    PA 6% Tax: $1,290
    Final OTD: $22,921

I will post the actual final selling price and term once the deal is concluded.
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    off topic, my apologies. just had wood trim put in my new ex-l with navi. i'm confused. the wood is only on the dash, but the picture on the honda website shows wood trim on the doors as well. find the pic here:

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/interior.aspx

when you build the car on the website and click on this option it says a dash kit and steering wheel kit are available, which seems to suggest that the door wood is not actually available as an option. anybody have the wood trim package put in their car? did you get it wood on the doors as well or is the picture just questionable advertising by honda? thanks in advance.
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    looking to buy one soon, in corpus christi, tx one dealership would drive to san antonio, or austin, any recommendations what is currrent otd?? current interest rate from honda america??? any color recommendations, ??? tks for your help...
  • tcusteve95tcusteve95 Member Posts: 2
    Alurker,

What was the dealer in Dallas, and how much did you work them to go to that price?
    I am seeing people pay $22.5K + ad-ons and get you wondering if you can really get that deal. Did you finance? What were they offering from Honda?

I think it was a good price with the add-ons, but I am looking and willing to wait for the "great" deal.

Steve
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    You can buy the $490 worth of "options" for $260 or less from discount Honda parts dealers.

Dennis
    In don't know where Honda got the picture of the wood trim doors, but the accessory wood trim kits that they all do not include any door trim parts - just 4 pieces for the dash with one kit. They may offer a door trim kit separately at some point, but right now they do not.

Note that nowhere do they state that any wood trim kits are available for the door, so only the one picture is "false advertising".

Dennis
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I'd recommend trying Gunn Honda in San Antonio.
    "....so only the one picture is "false advertising".

Not true. The picture in the link is exactly what my car's interior looks like. Note that in that link they don't talk about "any" optional wood trim. The picture belongs to the V6 EXL black exterior w/ ivory interior combo package (some other color combos may also have it), In the black interior you get the chrome looking trims instead. As for optional wood trims, I remember seeing the door wood trims being offered in the online stores.
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    I have been told by one NJ dealership that they dont get a 2% "hold back" on any EX-L V6 cars. Only the others. Is this BS! SO far I can get my car at invoice and any 4 cyl at $350 below.

Please list your Northen NJ experiences.

G-man
    Is guess the "problem" then is that they don't make an accessory kit to make the wood trim look like the one pictured, then. The user asking about it thought he would end up getting what he saw in the picture but all they had to put in is the accessory trim kit which has no door trim. Yes, there a many 3rd party trim kits you can find online for cheap which have much more coverage and usually in several shades of "wood".

Dennis
  • lholtmanlholtman Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention that the price paid ($24,647 before taxes, title, etc.) also included the Total Appearance Protection Package offered by Honda, which I dickered down to $495 from $695. The car does not have the Navagation package.

I see some of the deals that other people got on the same car, and it makes me wonder if I shouldn't have haggled more. I think I got a good deal, but I'm not so sure now.

BTW, I purchased the car in Cincinnati, OH.

Any comments?
    also included the Total Appearance Protection Package offered by Honda, which I dickered down to $495 from $695

I don't think "Honda" offers any such thing. Sounds like good old "mop and glow" to me - "paint sealant" and "fabric guard". Even at $495 this is a huge rip-off. It probably cost the dealer $40 or so to apply.

Dennis