Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2010
    Bought on April 30th in Charlotte.

Extras (free of cost): wheel locks, cargo tray, mud guard

Here is the break down.

Sale price: 32,431.07 (MSRP: 37915) - includes destination
    TTL: $1041.93
    Dealer fees: $528
    OTD: $34,000 -financing through BofA

I did talk on the OTD price, so I didnt really care about what they charged as dealer fees.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Not a bad price considering the warranty. Is this a Honda warranty or aftermarket? Are there stipulations to keep the warranty valid? Must you use this dealer for oil changes and maybe more maintenence than Honda recommends? If so, could increase the cost of ownership if they demand more maintenence than Honda requires. Also is the warranty transferrable to second owner?
  • mobilejaemobilejae Member Posts: 15
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

I spoke to the original sales guy and he is trying to straighten it out, but its getting rediciulous. He came back with honoring the deal with 9.8% APR. My credit is bad, but not that bad. I got my 5 series BMW at the lowest price with lowest MF and highest residual that I saw in the other BMW forum on this site. I am asking about leasing now. As it seems cheaper, and I can't bring myself to trade-in my old mini van, as they will undoubtedly low ball. Galves.com is what they use and seems like 10% to 20% lowers than kbb.com in trade-in value.
  • aps123aps123 Member Posts: 20
    Great questions.. thanks....Will check with the dealer
  • jscottg64jscottg64 Member Posts: 13
    Looks like a great deal. What dealership in Charlotte?

Thanks!
  • treyc1234treyc1234 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I used the CarBargains service ($175), which got a bunch of quotes for me. All I had to do was compare them to each other, i.e., Advertising fee, Processing Fee, Markup/down from Invoice, and fee to find the specific van I was looking for.

I got $2200 off of invoice, and dealer doc fee was $99. (no advertising). I chose a van they had on the lot, otherwise, it would have taken longer but they would not have charged me to get another color (some dealers charge $300 for this service). I grew up around the car business (used/new car salesman father) and I hate car dealers. This was the best $175 I've ever spent. (BTW, all of the deals would have been reduced by $1500 if I took the financing).

Sorry, but I don't want to tell which dealership I bought from since I didn't do the work to find them. My next car purchase will be made again through CarBargains.com. Did I mention I hate dealing with car salesmen?
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    //Looks like a great deal. What dealership in Charlotte? //

The one on Independence Blvd - Starts with C and ends with N. Also, there a ROW in the middle :) Let me know if you need the salesperson's name.
  • toofeintoofein Member Posts: 1
    Just curious, which NorCal dealer did you buy from?
  • microallhymicroallhy Member Posts: 15
    I am in Bergen County also, which dealership was this? I am also in the market must made the purchase by 6/30/2010. I got a lots of helpful tips from rangersace. I think you really should consider to go to another dealership, I have no tolerance for liars. There are plenty of dealership in/near Bergen County, you don't need them. I bet you can get a better deal than that.
  • rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    For those who are atill looking I just noticed Honda posted a new dealer cash incentive for May of $1500. Last month was $1250 so you should be able to do a little better than those who brought in April.

Good luck!
  • alangpalangp Member Posts: 13
    Great! How do you know that? Anyway, if you are flexible about the color, you are going to get great deals.
    I am wondering when the new model (2011) will come to dealer's lot, the end of July?
  • wantsdecentcarwantsdecentcar Member Posts: 8
    Sorry for the delay in responding, crazy week. I didn't get the special 2.9% but did get 3.19%.
  • redshoe9redshoe9 Member Posts: 16
    My 08 honda EXL with Nav/Res was just totaled in an accident (not at fault) so I'm searching for replacement and thinking of going to the touring here is a recent quote- seems like an ok price - thoughts

The MSRP for the 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring w/RES & Nav is $41,535.
    Your no haggle Internet Price is $34,503 plus dest, tax, title, license, doc and any additional options or accessories.

thoughts- I have one other dealership saying they will match that. One had a new 09 on the lot but he seems to avoid giving me a quote on that and instead pushing the 10
    Sounds like a good price on the Touring. '09 should be ~ 5 to 6 K less than the 2010, because that is what it will be worth as soon as the '09 buyer drives it off the lot.
  • urnsturnst Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Does the TMV price include tax, tags, proce fees, and other costs. I want to know how do I calculate out of the door price from the TMV price on edmunds.

Thanks
  • daddyoftwodaddyoftwo Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Purchased a 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L this afternoon from Honda West in Indianapolis. Purchase price was $28,899 plus admin fee of $150. I emailed lots of dealerships (about 20). This was the closest and most believeable sales person. I contacted the dealerships here in Indianapolis, Chicago area and St. Louis area. If you live in Chicago Honda of Lisle offered $28,899 with no admin fee. I purchase a car from Lisle in 07 and the same Internet guy works there and was awesome to deal with. It just wasn't worth the drive for $150. Several dealerships in Chicago area offered prices $600 below others just would never send a dealer invoice to confirm the pricing. Honda West in Indianapolis was so easy to work with and they got me financed through Bank of America at 2.75%.

FYI...We didn't want a mini van but this thing is awesome. The back up camera is really nice and wow there are so many features on this van.
  • socal12socal12 Member Posts: 2
    Just got this quote from a local dealership for an Odyssey EXL RES:

"Do to an inicrease in the amount of money Honda is puting in the deal I am able to lower the sale price from my previous email. Lowest price (regular financing) $33,498 (+tax, reg., acc., and fees). Total Out-The-Door (OTD) $37,402 (based on 8.76% tax rate), which shows the total price including all other costs.
    Since the Honda money and the super Honda rates (0.9% for up to 36 months and 1.9% for up to 60 months) are an either / or deal, you get one or the other but not both. So, if you wanted the rates your adjusted numbers are as follows. Total OTD with Super Special Rates $39,211."

Anyone out there with a better quote? This sounds a bit too high. I'm located in San Marcos, CA. Appreciate the help!
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    That's way too high. I got a quote in April, the exact same EXL w/res for $31,xxx before TTL. .

There was a post earlier for someone who pulled the trigger on a EXL without the RES for 28,200, so adding about $1800 (what the RES is worth) to that you'd be at $30,000. I've been hearing from 2 internet managers that the 11' are due on the lot in the next 8 weeks or so.
  • exlseekerexlseeker Member Posts: 10
    Just bought EX-L without RES. Let me know if it is good or bad deal. Can I transfer my financing becuase looks like i got screwed up in honda financing though my credit score is above 710.

MSRP=34115 ( including dest)
    Price paid=28880 ( including dealer fee, mug guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, pin stripping, door guard, wheel guard )
    tax= 5.5% title= 168
    OTD= 30500

Now this i got without special financing. but they give honda financing at 5.29% ( with i made 7K down payment)
  • chrismccullochchrismcculloch Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Hello! Happy Mother's day!

Does anyone have any experience with their Honda Odyssey 2010. We have one, 1810 miles, 2 weeks old and purchased in Kansas, we drove to Pennsylvania for Mother's day, but the timing belt has broken, the cylinder head has seized and the car has now been in the Honda dealer for repair since Wednesday of last week, 5 days now.

Would welcome any comments, thanks very much.. Would this be classified as a 'lemon' :lemon:
  • jenn478jenn478 Member Posts: 2
    That is really high, we just paid $30,647 (inc. destination) for our EX-L with Res, it also had the cargo tray, all weather mats, mud flaps, and rear spoiler for no additional cost. This was in Tennessee.
    Wow, sorry to hear about your misfortune with your new Odyssey.

Not a lemon, yet. Has to have one or two more problems with motor before lemon law possibilities kick in. Would not hurt to ask Honda for a new van, but they will probably want to repair what you have now.

I would hope you get an entire new engine assembly, instead of rebuild of the OE one.

Please post back how Honda resolves your issue.
    Van price ok, the 5.29% financing not so good. Can you pay off the load without any penalty if you can secure alternate financing?
    yes.. there is no penalty to pay off.. but don;t understand why dealership doesn't gave me alternate financing option? they could give me other bank finacing.. is it cheating?
    Even though the subject says EXL w/RES if you read it closer it indicates NAV AND DVD. So I think for that its a decent price but can't say for sure as I paid $30600 incl dest for an EXL w/just RES (DVD). Maybe there is someone else who purchased a EXL w/both DVD and NAV who would confirm.
  • rtittortitto Member Posts: 3
    I got a purchase order for Honda Odyssey 2010 EX-L with RES for $31,5xx with all taxes and tags OTD = $34,6xx. It is in MN - is it good deal? or bad?
    edited May 2010
    I've read varying amount on the invoice price of the EX-L

Zag.com says 31,305 and I think one other website(don't remember) had it as 30,300. Can someone clarify?
    The Zag price seems to be on the higher side..

thanks
  • yileditoryileditor Member Posts: 5
    The car has 40,853 miles. 3.5L V6 24V MPFI. Dealership wants $26,990, which sounds rather high. What should I bid for this vehicle?
  • pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    Did your price of $31,5xx include destination or without. Generally if you can get around $32300 - $32500 with destination is not bad. It's also a good idea to purchase an extended warranty. I purchase EXL with NAV & RES last week and paid $32112 (with destination) + fog lights + warrenty + etc. You should be able to negotiate and get warrenty that is not offered by Honda but other co. for much cheaper rate.

You can read my older post "pmpatel" which has complete details of what I paid.

pmpatel
  • socal12socal12 Member Posts: 2
    That's way too high. I'm bidding 30k for a new EXL Navi + DVD. I'm in San Diego.
    $26,990 for an '08 with 41K on the clock? Rather high?

We purchase a new '10 EXL 3-31-10 for $28,510 + TTL.

The financing APR is lower on newer vehicles, also.
  • tadams3tadams3 Member Posts: 1
    i am looking for this vehicle in the newark area, can you give me a sales contact?
  • houstonodhunthoustonodhunt Member Posts: 11
    Let me know if you can get 30K for EXL with NAV and DVD. 30K + TTL will be good deal
    I would say $31500 is a little high. As I said above I paid $30600 before TTL in NJ.

Regatrding the EXL w/RES AND NAV for $30000, that would be an awesome deal. I'd be surpised it's real.
  • cm111cm111 Member Posts: 7
    It sounds like $30,000 is a bid for used vehicle, not a new one.
  • hogan773hogan773 Member Posts: 255
    Not sure how much work people are doing but if you call 1 dealer, get a price, then come post on this board "Is XYZ and good or bad deal?" you sort of deserve what you get.......

First of all, if you'd take 10 minutes and actually read back a month or so on this board, you'd see where others are getting pricing.

Second, things change, markets are different, so even with a good idea of others' experience you'll still need to play dealers off each other if you want to get best price.

Or you can just post 1 post here, asking whether its good or bad, and not sure where that really brings you........ :confuse:
  • kristine70kristine70 Member Posts: 9
    I've read the forum for days now. I have a reasonable offer and hope to get a bit better tomororow. But, I'm thinking of the towing package and wonder if that's negotiable and if so, did I miss the boat by not including it already or can I add it now? What's the best way to do add-ons?
    You are the customer with the $30,000+ you can do whatever you want my dear
  • kristine70kristine70 Member Posts: 9
    Clearly, you're very good at this. Any advice on it? This is my first time ever negotiating a new car deal. This is what I'm thinking. I have 2 dealers that are within $250 of each other. Both are about an hour away and in the same direction. I am thinking of going there Thursday and asking both for quotes on my trade-in and also for quotes on the towing hitch and go from there. See who can give me the lowest overall price to me.

So far, everything has been done via email. I have 3 small kids and it's just too loud here to talk on the phone. I'd reply one more time to the emails and then visit in person, and with no kids :).

Any advice would be great :).">
  • tigerjunktigerjunk Member Posts: 3
    Hey socal12;

I'm in San Diego as well and is looking for a 2010 EXL Navi + DVD for $30k. Perhaps if we both buy together, there's an incentive for the dealer to give it to us for $30k each? One other family member of mine wanted to buy a van as well, so if they join us, then we'll buy 3 Odyssey's at the same time, and may be get an even better deal. What's your contact info so we could hook up?
    Not knowing all the specifics, that seems like a good strategy. I would go to the "higher" (by 250) dealer first, tell them you have a quote from another dealer for $250 cheaper, but tell them that the trade in value matters too of course - its a total package. Get an idea of what your trade in is worth by looking at Edmunds, also KBB.com. Unlikely they will offer you those numbers, especially not the first time, but at least you'll have some frame of reference. Be careful not to outright tell the first dealer when you sit down that you're checking with him FIRST - just tell them that you're weighing a couple different options and you of course need to understand what they're willing to pay on the trade to make a decision. Just be a little vague.

See if they can come down $250 on the car price first, then see what they offer for trade. No matter what they offer, look disappointed (you probably won't have to act, as you probably will get a truly disappointing number at first!). Assuming the Edmunds or KBB numbers are higher, tell them you were thinking you'd get at least that much, and why is their offer lower? They'll tell you that Edmunds and KBB don't reflect true wholesale values, blah blah blah. Whatever.

Ask them to clarify whether this is in fact their best offer on both metrics, and then tell them that you need to go visit another dealer to see what they will offer in trade, but you'll make a decision after that. Be polite and courteous. They'll probably let you walk, but they might try to do a "wait a minute - I tell ya what - if I can improve our offer, would you be willing to buy right now? DO NOT COMMIT but also DO NOT SAY NO - say something to put the ball back in their court like "I thought you just told me that this was your best offer? Now I'm confused. I guess I'm happy to hear what is your best offer......" Now they have to react - they might say I'll knock another $300 off (or add another $500 to the trade or whatever) if you buy right now.......

think about it for a minute, thank them, then say "you know, I appreciate your gesture but this trade in is potentially a big part of the package, and I'd really be foolish not to at least get a second quote. I'll get back in touch with you though" Then walk out and go to Dealer #2. Dealer 1 would have to be a [non-permissible content removed] not to honor that Hail Mary lower price even if you come back later........

At Dealer #2, you can either play out the above, or if you're getting tired and think you have a good deal, you can just make sure that Dealer 2 beats whatever you had at Dealer 1 and buy the car........but make sure you push for a higher trade in than they offer initally, usually they offer at least 500-1000 lower than they'd be willing to pay.

Also don't seem desperate or "in a rush" like you've driven an hour and therefore you need to get this done today at any cost.....

good luck and let us know how it goes.....
    Good luck on your dream of getting a new 2010 EXL with RES and NAV for 30K. Please let us know how you make out.
    I doubt if you brought 10 vans for cash you'd get an EXL w/Res AND Nav for $30K. Outside chance you'd get an EXL w/RES for $30K but good luck with your search.
  • crimson_greencrimson_green Member Posts: 18
    I got the following price for a 2010 EX-L:

$29,070 plus tax, tags and dealer fee

The price includes the following accessories:

all weather floor mats
    mud guards
    cargo tray

I think it's a great price. We will pick it up this weekend. :)
    That seems to be a great price. Can you post from where you purchased. I'm still looking and the best price I got is 29,271 + accessories...
    If you are close to OH, give the internet folks at Castrucci Honda, Miamisburg OH an email. ;)
    Thanks but I'm in Pittsburgh and its a 4+ hour drive..:-(
    Wouldn't hurt to get a quote from them. If you don't want to make the drive, you could always use their price as a bargaining tool. Just saying.
    edited May 2010
    You are right.. Just emailed them...although I must say I seem to have reached a ceiling in the Pittsburgh area with 29,271. The inventory also seems to be shrinking. hope I have not waited too long :)
    How much dealer fee?
    Are you getting special financing 1.9 or 2.9 with this pricing? if yes then go ahead and get the car.