Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    I went to a Honda dealer for a price quote and discussed some of the prices listed here. After mentioning how some users were getting prices below wholesale, I thought the dealer may come back with a competittive price as seen here. Well the email price was $24,864 and he mentioned that Honda does not have any dealer incentives on the new accords.

Does anyone have any info regarding dealers incentives for the new accords?
    FYI: the price quote was for a 2008 accord exl 4 door 4 cyl
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    Check out the Honda Dealer in Union NJ not far from Edison, they have some good deals there try to get the car towards the end of the month they are a little bit hungrier at that time. It's called Rte 22 Honda. I leased my 08 Honda LXP from there and got one of the better deals there last week.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Is $24,115 insanely low for an EX-L 4cyl navi? Are the dealers going to laugh at me when I email this offer? This is for a lease, but works the same as buying, getting a good sale price. The BEST I could do was about $25,750 or so....
    Or is this a reasonable offer and what they should be selling at?

Let me know, and please tell me where you got the quote from, because if I forward this, I am sure I'll need an actual dealer. This will be great if the accept my offer!
  • jpahosjpahos Member Posts: 3
    I'm from Indianapolis Indiana, sounds like what you're saying is that 1000 below invoice is achievable. I think I can only work about 4 dealers within the hour radius around my home but I'm about to try it. Are you doing everything via e-mail using a method similar to 'fax attack'?
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    the quote for a 2008 accord ex-l 4 cyl with navi is $25,000 (paramus nj) which includes the dest of $635. $25,000 - $635 = 24,365.

tenefly gave me an email for $250 off the lowest price.
  • nicdulandernicdulander Member Posts: 1
    As a young, single woman, I have come to love car buying, but hate car shopping! I really like the new accord! The new design in so beautiful. I stumbled across a site that has great pricing information. Autobrag. com. Have any of you seen this before? If so, please tell me what you think. I am trying to find the best deal I can!
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    The lowest price I've been quoted for a 2008 Honda Sedan EXL MT is:

Base price: $22,206
    Desitination: $635
    6% PA Tax: $1,370
    Non Tax Fees: $94
    Total OTD: $24,305

However, I'm wondering when Honda might start offering additional dealer incentives to move out the 2008 stock to get ready for the 2009 models. It might pay to actually wait a little while longer to get an even better deal. Obviously, the downside is that you would also be that much closer to being down a model year.

Any thoughts on what type of clearance discounts would be offered on 2008 models and when they might start?
  • xfumblerxfumbler Member Posts: 3
    SoCal - Santa Ana

Base Price: $21,200 (includes destination)
    Options: $420 (Tint/Wheel Locks/Mud Guards)
    Doc Fee: $55
    Tax: $1571.44
    Lic Fee: $204
    Tire Fee: $8.75
    OTD: $23,459.19

Black/Black
    Hey xfumbler;
    Recently in PA I was quoted [in writing] $21,012, including destination, for a 2008 Accord Sedan EX MT. PA tax is 6% and non tax fees were $94, so the OTD was $22,366. So maybe you can get your dealer to lower their price by almost $188. My dealer lowered their base price by throwing in their 2% holdback, plus some of their dealer sales incentive money. Hope this helps if you are still in the negotiation stage. Later.
  • zdadzdad Member Posts: 15
    San Marino Red qwith Ivory cloth interior.

The offer from the dealer is $21,777 plus tax & tags. That makes it $23,177 OTD.

Good deal or not ?

I'm going to e-mail bomb the local dealers to see if they want to try and do better.

If I get an amazing offer for an EX or EX-L I'll consider it, but the Mrs actually prefers the cloth seats.

TIA
    NIce deal....Who's the dealer ? I live just north of Philly and am willing to go to Jersey for the right deal.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I've used that site quite a bit, from what I've observed some of the prices posted here in the forums are lower than the ones listed on that site.
  • d3vil_boyd3vil_boy Member Posts: 4
    Hi zdad
    I got the car from Bay ridge honda in brooklyn ..i was getting similar quotes from joyce honda, open road honda but i guess all these would b too far for u but i suggest ask for quotes in 50-75 miles radius and then u can get it beaten by ur local dealer. Do read post # 19746 thats really helpful n looking at the forum looks like u shld wait till the month end for the best deal.
    happy shopping.
  • xfumblerxfumbler Member Posts: 3
    I've made the purchase already. As my first new car purchase, if I'm off the best price by $188 I'd say I did a good deal. :) My other offers were 21,480 and 21,699, the latter being of the "we do not negotiate" variety but IIRC that was for an AT. I found no information on any incentives at the time.

Thanks for the info.
  • tamoshantertamoshanter Member Posts: 33
    was that for an 5AT (5 speed automatic) or manual? for an automatic, that's great. i paid for 2008 accord coupe, EX-L, 5AT,I4 (4 cylinder) with NAVI and appearance package (wheel locks, pinstriping \and mudguards) for $25,500 - when i added VA tax (3.2%), tax/license, processing (their's was $299), destination, etc. it was $27685 OTD
    tamoshanter... it was for an automatic with NO nav. How are car dealerships able to go below cost if there are no dealer incentives? I know my quote was well above cost.

thanks
    As your first new car purchase you did very well getting it below invoice price. You are absolutely correct that the $188 difference still makes it a great deal. Congratulations and enjoy your new ride.
    Here's an update.....

E-mailed 4 dealers this morning. Best OTD price for an LX-S (auto) is $23,014. That's in a 6% tax state, and includes $118, for tag & title. That's $150 better than my last offer. Not enough to make me throw my neighborhodd dealer out, but I will make him match that.
    Got one other OTD offer of $23,647. One refused to give me a quote without knowing what the other offers were first. Told him thanks for calling and hung up. Still waiting on one more.

Also got an offer for an EX-L I$ Auto (no Nav)....$26,194 OTD. That's frankly better than I was expecting. I may end up in a leathered up EX-L !!!
  • sincraftsincraft Member Posts: 24
    Why can't more people post like that, rather than yammering on about their awesomeness, not explaining important things like the $2k tradein they gave or even mentioning ANY important information at all (much like THIS post) :)
  • elpookieelpookie Member Posts: 1
    I will be looking to purchase a new Accord 08 EX Sedan 5AT. From reading these forums I have an idea about the price. What is unusual is that most of the time people post what they paid below or above invoice. For some reason everyone is getting away from that.

I would like to know what I should expect to pay relative to invoice. Any ideas, comments or suggestions are more than welcome, thanks.

JackieF
  • shorty13shorty13 Member Posts: 4
    I've been getting quotes from dealers in the Atlanta area. Hoping to purchase this month. I've probably emailed with about 7 dealers, and the best quote I've received was...

MSRP $28,945
    Invoice $26,277

Selling price $25,393
    Dealer fees $557 (this includes doc fee & appearance package, which they wont budge on)
    Tax (6%) $1,557
    Title $42

OTD $27,549

They don't have my first color choice, which is Polished Metal Metallic, but they do have my second choice of Silver. By the way, I will not have a trade in. That price is really making me want to pull the trigger and purchase ASAP.
    San Marino Red with Ivory Leather Interior

Got the last dealer to e-mail his offer tonight.

Sticker: $26,595 (incl $635 Destination)
    Offer: $24,153 (which is invoice)
    Tax: $1,449 (6% in PA)
    Tag & Title: $161 (new tags, no trade)

OTD Price: $25,763.

This is the best offer i have gotten by $494. Giving my local dealer one chance to match. I male the purchase tomorrow.
  • rpmaddictrpmaddict Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Taffeta White Accord Coupe EX-L for 25646.00 OTD. Negotiated price before fees was 23888.00 which included destination. I am very happy with the car, and I was not expecting to be. I traded in 1 2006 Nissan 350Z touring edition because I needed a back seat for the new born, This car is really nice alternative and the sound parallels the BOSE in the Z. Got it from Chico Honda as it was the ONLY dealer in CA with a white coupe.
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    Congrats on the deal... Was it a manual or AT?
  • hp6130hp6130 Member Posts: 49
    Zdad, I also live in Pa. and got the exact same car ( you are talking about the 4 door and not the coupe ). I purchased on 3/29/08, but I don't understand why the MSRP and invoice numbers are different. You can see the details of my deal at post #19938, they might help you get a better deal.
    HP....I erred in my title. Mine is a COUPE, not a sedan. Don't know if that makes the difference. Sorry
    if you can get that coupe EX-L V6 AUTO without NAVI for about $27700 OTD, is a pretty good deal. you may be able to nickel and dime it down to close to $27000, but still pretty good (make SURE it is the OTD price - including EVERYTHING!)
    i have a quote here in NJ for $24,350 for

ex-l 4 cyl with navi
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    "I stumbled across a site that has great pricing information... Have any of you seen this before? If so, please tell me what you think."

OK, I will. As this appears to be your ONLY post here at Edmunds and as the site you found SO helpful is obviously a work in progress (and it needs a LOT of work), your post appears to be nothing more than a spam attempt. If I am wrong, I apologize and ask that you please forgive my cynicism.
  • beth_mbeth_m Member Posts: 2
    shorty13:

I just recently purchased an 08' Accord 4cl Sedan 2 weeks ago from the Atlanta area. I also contacted all the dealers in the metro area and found the cheapest price at Milton Martin in Gainesville. My color choice was also polished metal.

My pricing was

MSRP: 26,496
    Invoice: 24,xxx
    Price: 22,626 (Include mud guards, paint and appearence)
    Dealer fee: 577
    Tax: (7%)
    Title: 21

I also added a spoiler, side molding, all weather mats, and trunk tray. Milton would not budge anymore on the price and when I finally decided to purchase they did not have the color I wanted but offered to get it.

I did not want to wait so, in turn I called several of the dealers who had quoted me much higher prices and most offered to match. However one dealer ED Voyles in Marietta offered to beat it by $100 and match lower quotes on the accessories I had gotten from different dealers.

They also had a lower processing fee of $497. Larry Calbert was the internet rep and was great to work with and didnt pull anything once I got there after we agreed on pricing over the phone. They had over 700 accords in inventory and might have the car you want. He will probably beat your offer if you ask. They gave me a loaner car to drive twice while they deatiled my car and installed the accessories. I HIGHLY recommened them. Hope this helps. Buying a car has never been this easy for me.
    Best offer I got for LX-S Coupe I-4 (auto) no Nav was $22,602 OTD

I went with EX-L coupe I-4 (auto) no Nav for $25,763 OTD
  • shorty13shorty13 Member Posts: 4
    I've actually been in touch with Ed Voyles (with a different internet rep). Their quote was $26,278...OTD would be $28,404.56. I told him that I received a lower quote from another dealer (Hennessy). He just said to bring in the written quote from them, and he would try to match it or beat it.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of dealers, but I really do appreciate your input. If things don't go well with the others, I'll definitely consider Ed Voyles. So far, they've been very pleasant to deal with via email.
  • lpcoupelpcoupe Member Posts: 5
    hey people

i have contacted 15 dealers in ny/nj/conn state area for internet/phone quotes and best deal so far i've gotten is:

$29,015 incl dest
    tax $2502.54
    dmv $67.50
    plates $150
    OUT THE DOOR $31735.04

i have no trade in, and i am financing thru my credit union and will give them a bank check.

WHAT DO U THINK????

there is only one dealer in my immediate area (LI) who has it in stock...he is also the dealer with the above quote..i am going to test drive it tomorrow with this dealer..any input would be appreciated...

L.
  • bndiebndie Member Posts: 12
    Hello , i am being quoted $20959 (not including destination charge nor dealer fee) on a 07 Honda Accord EX 5spd MT in South Florida.
    What is a reasonable price to pay for that car being a leftover?

Thanks in advance.
  • rpmaddictrpmaddict Member Posts: 2
    It is the auto. It's not the V6, but I'll be honest, I am not all that unimpressed with th I4. It does QUITE well. I have driven 300 miles and I've still got a 1/4 tank of gas left! The thing just looks sweet. I also did not want the leather, but good god it looks great!
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    Very nice! I'm leaning towards the 4-cylinder myself. I test drove the V6 EX-L Coupe on Monday, but I'll probably go with the 4 due to gas mileage differences. Just like you, I'll probably pass on the leather and navigation, but I'm looking for a manual, which seem to be pretty scarce.
    as long as you are at or below their invoice you did good. i am getting a 4 cyl for $1000 below.
    Hi,
    In Southeaster PA I was just quoted $21,012, including the $635 destination for a 2008 Accord Sedan EX MT 4 cylinder. So it seems that your dealer has room to improve their quote of $21,594 including destination for an '07. Also, in a few months the '07 will be down two model years when the '09's arrive in showrooms.
  • lpcoupelpcoupe Member Posts: 5
    this quote is $1,000 OVER invoice but the best quote i've gotten so far..what dealer offered u $1,000 below invoice? i would be willing to go out of state to save money..
  • bndiebndie Member Posts: 12
    Thank you for the input.
    His quote is way too high considering the quote you received on a 08. Florida dealers have their dealer's fee on top of the price.
    Has anyone purchased an Accord 08 EXL 4 cyl in the state of minnesota? What kind of deals have people been getting?
    i got the same car with navi for $24,350 bro here in N NJ
  • bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Member Posts: 31
    Is Bluetooth included on the EX-L? Here is the best price I received so far:

08 Accord Sedan EX-L With/ NAV & Bluetooth Setup, a $325 value for:

$26,868 before Dest and Tax.

This is in NJ

Thanks for your comments
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Bluetooth is included with NAV; it is not available by itself.
  • bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks, so what is the dealer giving to me, what is the bluetooth set up?
    :) Pick up my blacj / ivory beauty monday!
    :) I have the same car for only $24,365. what dealer did you buy at. I am in Northern NJ!
    sounds like a scam. you can set up your phone yourself :confuse:
    i'm assuming that that's a coupe EX-L 5AT(Automatic) WITH V6? (you didnt' say if it was the 4 cylinder or 6). if it's with the V6, that's not bad.....bluetooth IS automatically included with the NAVI, so the dealer's bull***** you if he/she's saying that it's extra with the NAVI. setting it up is easy - my 18 year old daughter did it in one evening. now if that's for the 4 cylinder, that's still a pretty high price - i was able to get my daughter's (coupe,EX-L 5AT (automatic) 4I (4 cylinder)) WITH NAVI and appearance package (wheel locks, pinstriping and mud flaps) for about $26000 - add destination, VA tax (3.2%), $399 dealer prep, license/tags, etc. for $27685 OTD.