Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Actually, there are bluetooths available stand alone. Try the online Honda part stores, I've seen them there and that will give you an idea when you talk to the dealer.
    Most of the quotes or prices paid that you see posted for several hundred below invoice are for the I4. Do a quick search here on the thread, I don't think you'll find many V6 for much under invoice. having said that, I think you can do better than what you have been quoted. Try sending more emails to a bigger radius to cover more territory. I sent out over 20 emails to a 150+ radius before I bought mine a few months ago.
  • dklcarfandklcarfan Member Posts: 2
    A dealer here in seattle has a 2008 silver accord ex sedan (4 cylinder, auto, no leather) for sale as a ex demo car. claims to have been used by the sales manager and it has 6000 miles on it. they will be selling it as a new car, not used one. They have the red sticker with SALE PRICE!! 22,900 on it, which the salesperson said he is willing to negotiate good.
    From what I've been seeing here, for a brand new car, usually $1000 below invoice is a good deal, which means $21200 in our case. BUT since this is an ex demo car with 6k miles, what would be a good price? I was thinking $19K. Can it be even lower. They seem pretty dedicated to get rid of it. The carspace forum helped me so much last time when i bought a car and i hope u guys can help me out in making an offer and from what low end i shd start bargaining
    Please note that I'm ok with buying a car with 6k miles, unless i'm missing some hidden catch (if so please le me know!)
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    hey bud - what is the total out the door price - any other add ons tks
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Bluetooth setup would be to configure the car's Bluetooth to work with your phone. All of 5 minutes work which should be provided by the dealer as a prep courtesy when you pick up the car.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    People aren't getting $1000 below invoice on new 2008 Accords yet. Maybe after the 2009s are on the dealer lots. You could look for that price on a demo with 6,000 miles though.
    There is a dealer installed bluetooth accessory kit that the dealer can install on the Accords that don't have nav. Maybe, that's what they're selling.
    The bluetooth kit is installed into the space where the sunglass holder is now and has the microphone and speaker in an all-in-one unit. All they do is cut a hole for it, tap it into a power source and mount it.
    It isn't connected to the stereo or steering wheel controls.
  • bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Member Posts: 31
    Let's do this again, it is a 2008 Accord 4 Door Sedan, V-6 with NAV. They qutoed me $26,868 before dest and tax. They also said, if I qualify, 0% financing for 72 months. It is Route 22 Honda in Hillside. I haven't baught anything else, also have to get a good price on my trade in. If any of those 3 things don't work out, I am out the door and will never return. G-man, I think I read you went to the same dealer, how are they?
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    Mahwah Honda - love them!!!!

car: $24,365
    wheel locks $80.00 (gave this to them)
    dest fee $635.00
    tax $1755.60 ( no trade in)
    motor tire BS fee: $7.50
    est reg fee: $234.00
    njcar dsp ser fee: $ 8.00
    doe fee: $185.00

total cost OTD: 27,270.10

nice? or can I do better
    G-man, this is for a 4 cylc, correct?
    yes. 190 hp. i personally did not want to take a chance on the v-6 although i am coming from a 2007 Infiniti M35x dream machine. the lease is up and i am trying to save on gas. i only drive 8 miles to work and 8 miles back. i think the honda looks and feels great except for the upper lumbar support. I hope that does not come back to haunt me!

I wanted the v6 though. u got a good price!
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    '08 Accord V6 EX-L is BEST. I have owned a dozen+ of Accords + Civic + Honda motorcyles. This EX-L V6 Accord is BEST.
    u dont have vcm issues at all????????

is what people saying about VCM just BS?!
    who is your sales rep there?
  • lpcoupelpcoupe Member Posts: 5
    parvis-thanks for your response :)
    what dealer did u buy from??
    yes i noticed most prices under invoice are for v4..so far the best internet price i have gotten as of today is:
    28,915 incl dest
    67.5 dmv
    130 plates
    2510.95 tax
    $31,623 out the door that's $650 over invoice..what do u think??? today i sent out an email to all the dealers who have sent me internet quotes telling them if they would give me the car for 28,514 (249 over invoice) and throw in a tint, that i would order the car immediately...i got one response to come in in person and make the offer..let's see what happens when i go in!
  • kepkep Member Posts: 4
    Is there room to negotiate on a 08 Accord LX A/T for $18,588+tax & license?

Also, when do the 2009 models come out?
    Thanks.
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    I you do decide to get this car make sure the warranty starts at that mileage "in writing" I leased the 2008 LXP with 4 miles on it, two weeks ago in NJ the sticker list was $22,160. before negotiations. The difference between the two is the moon roof, 190hp vs 177hp and a few other small things. Just look in the back of the Honda Accord sales leaf lit at the dealer and all the specs are in the back. I also drove both the E it had has just a little more umph. nothing to write home about.
    Bud, I went to the dealer in Hillside on 3/29, didn't have success with Mahwah or Paramus, leased the LXP. $1,000 down,$265 per month 36 months 12,000 miles per year, I started out looking at the LX, however they didn't have the Graphite Gray so we talked and they then offered me the LXP same deal as above, the car also came with the Enviro Guard int/ext package, wheel locks and mud flaps. There is money at these dealers around $500.00 worth. It's like anything else sometime you hit it and some times you don't, I do recomend going at the end of the month.
    lpcoupe, that is really not a good price. I just got a price on a 4dr EX-L V6 with NAV down to 25,900 + dest & tax and a finance rate of 4.54% for 72 months. Still thinking it over. Total price with trade in is + $100 more a month then what I am paying on an Acura TL with 87K miles.
    Packer, here is what Hillside did that kinda pissed me off. The girl told me in an e-mail and I confirmed it over the phone before I went there, that the price they offered was below invoice and 0% financing for 72 months. I asked her twice if that was correct and she said yes. When I go there, they say NO of course, if you want 0%, then you pay MSRP. After threating to leave like 3 times, the fiance manager finally gave me a pretty good deal but I still left. I had a dirty feeling from them.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Whiel this "Demo" car is legally new it is in fact used.. so look at it this way... do you feel good about the price for this used car?
  • mbkulafumbkulafu Member Posts: 1
    I just bought today a 08 honda accord EX V6 w/o the leather seats and navi.By the way this is in New Jersey and I added the deck lid spoiler also.No trade-in car.

Car base price:$23,900.00
    NJ sales tax:$1,673.00
    Motor Vehicle Tire Fee in NJ:$7.50
    *$1.50 per tire.
    Documentary Fee:$199.00
    Registration/Title Fee:$360.00
    TOTAL:$26,139.50

Is this a good deal or not? I bought the car from Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell. Any inputs will be appreciated, thanks guys. :)
  • aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    $18,588 sounds like a great price. Where did you get that price, kep? How much more for a 2008 LX-P A/T?
  • dklcarfandklcarfan Member Posts: 2
    I totally agree, thats why I want to make sure I make an offer that reflects a used car price. Any idea how much would be a good number to tell them?
    Bud, that would piss me off to, you probably delt with the young skinny soft spoken fellow I kow him, he is actually a good chap, he was the one who made the deal happen for me as I moved past the salesman who by the way ok and very helpful.Taking a walk towards the door no mater who you know is always a good thing, keep in mind if you could get the best deal there grab it and run, because as you know you can always get it serviced at any dealer.
    My recommendation is that if you can do without some of the bells and whistles the LXP is more than adequate, I looked at both and based on the spend it was worth it for me especially if you don't spend a ton of time in the car. Best of luck.
  • lpcoupelpcoupe Member Posts: 5
    bud foxx
    yeah your'e right that last quote was not good..i just got offered the car for 27,277incl dest + 379 for dmv, plates, fees and 2368 tax. That gets me out of the door at $30024. That's much less than any of my other quotes and my first quote under invoice...it's hard to say no to this one! I'm thinking about taking it...
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Cant resist this best deal for sure.
  • theparsthepars Member Posts: 3
    I believe it's $2500.00 to the dealer through April 30. I had one honest dealer actually tell me that. I got 4 quotes and only one dealer mentioned it.
  • howiebxhowiebx Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to buy an Accord Coupe

Thinking of EX-L 4cyl w/o NAV or
    EX-L 6cyl w/o NAV

Any price informaiton would be really appreciated - THANKS
    Is that $2500 kickback applicable to any Accord model or just the EX-L I4? I think I'd be happy with the above, but they have this diamond pearl EX-L V6 on the lot...

Also, with this $2500 or so going to the dealer, what target price should I negotiate - $1000 under invoice? $1500? I know the dealer and salesmen need to earn a living, but at the same time I need to get rock bottom price in order to afford the car.
  • newautoseekernewautoseeker Member Posts: 1
    What is the best purchase price going on an 08 Accord Sedan EXL V6 Automatic with Navigation?

So far, I can only get Ohio dealers to go about $300 under Edmunds (base + dest) invoice. Is anyone getting better deals?

Thanks in advance for your help/insight.
    I think you also get improved sound deadening and the trunk is lined with the EX. Should be quieter as well as a bit more powerful than the LX.
    You don't get any extra real sound deadening with the the EX. The trunk liner is more for giving the trunk lid a more finished look than anything else and you may need an EX-L to even get that.
    There is electronic noise cancellation that will very slightly reduce certain frequencies of engine noise, but it will not do anything for road noise such as tires making noise on the freeway.

If you care about road noise, you should be looking other cars like the Camry and the new Malibu. Lack of noise suppression is one of the worst features of the Accord.
    Many thousands of people are able to live with it, so I'm sure it isn't completely unbearable, but there are much better choices in competing similarly priced cars if you want quietness.
  • flbuyerflbuyer Member Posts: 11
    Just started checking this car out...downsizing from Acura RL when lease ends in July. I have seen indications of prices at or below invoice for Ex-L 4 Cyl...is there any Honda cash back right now or AHFC special financing... Have not found any listed at Edmonds or Honda sites. Some are getting 0%...is that a local dealer offer?

Anyone know where I can find this info>

Thanks...
    No there will not be cash back on a 2008 Accord. Honda does rebates rarely to never and certainly not on a new model in its first few months.
    Honda's incentives are usually dealer incentives and/or special lease and finance rates and I haven't seen anything on the new Accords yet. There will probably be something like that in fall when the 2009s are coming so there will be some incentive to buy a 2008 instead of a 2009.
    I got mine from Grace Honda in the Bay Area. A couple of hundred below invoice and at the time that was the best I could get. Let me know if you want contact info. I was offered several quotes for 28700 at the time from other dealers so your quote is a little too high. 28500 with tint would be a good price to me. If it is the color and trim that you like I personally wouldn't wait much longer for a $200 savings but right at or a little below invoice would be your best bet these days for V6 w/ Navi. Make sure quotes are clear and get all your questions answered before you take a trip to the dealer. Ask about add-ons, mileage, etc. to be sure the quoted price is indeed the price. Good luck.
  • kepkep Member Posts: 4
    It is in a weekly e-mail ad from South Bay Honda in Northern Cal. They didn't mention the LX-P in it.
  • googoolygoogooly Member Posts: 5
    hey, I got mine Accord Sedan, V6 with Navgiation BlackHawk color automatic. with taxes and everythin 29500 out the door. No extras or anything.. they give u 3 months free XM sathelite which is neat and then XM will give u another 3months for $15. I got it from Hardin Honda, in OC.
    hope this was helpful... just don't forget... sales are down down down and they'll do anything to sell u a car. so ask for the impossible and u might just get it because they are doing really bad! :)
    hope this helped
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    Here is the deal I got

Invoice $23,518.34
    Dest 635.00
    Doc Fees $100
    Tax and title $25

No other fees except sales tax

No Trade In

Is this a good Deal

Also: When do the 2009's hit the lots?
  • theesirtheesir Member Posts: 5
    I am interested in a 08 EX-L 4cyl with a 5 speed and there are none to be found anywhere in Buffalo. Are there still cars shipping, or do dealers have their stock at this point to get them through until the new model year?
    I got an EXL wqith navi for only 24,350 so i feel you cando much better. is yours an 2008 V6??
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    yes V6 (I modified the post to indicate this)
  • rametramet Member Posts: 11
    yaupon2:

I am in your area. I was excited to see your deal at 21,012 including the 635 destination fee for 2008 Accord EX 4 cylinder. Can you share with me which dealer and your paper work with quotes. I think you got a great deal. If I can get close to that, I would be happy. Thanks for all your help in advance!
    James
  • far1far1 Member Posts: 1
    I feel obligated to post my experience as I think I got a good deal following these instructions.
    I just purchased a 2008 I4 Accord Sedan EXL Auto w/ Navi. I had no trade-ins or anything and no previous dealings with the dealer or the sales person. This was a new car, not a demo. The price out the door was $26,300 and they threw in wheel locks. The dealer said they had it on the lot for 60 days and had to move it costs to hold beyond so many days. This is Capital Honda in Okemos, MI (Close to MSU campus)
    Here is the breakdown;
    Base $23,975
    Dest. $635
    Invoice w/ Dest $24,610
    Doc: $180
    Subtotal $24,790
    Tax $1,487
    Title $15
    Transfer Licence $8
    Subtotal $1,510
    Net $26,300 ;)
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Ramet [James]
    Yes, the dealer is Apple Honda in York, PA. Unfortunately, I cannot give you his specific contact information. The quote came from their internet sales section. From what they said when I went in to get it in writing, which I did, was that they were giving me all of their 2% hold back, plus $50 of their $400 dealer sales incentive. I'm sure that there is other money that they get that they weren't telling me about, but they were still the lowest by about $500. Keep in mind that this quote was for a new 2008 Honda Accord EX Sedan with a manual transmission. Their OTD was $22,885.62, which included 6% sales tax, $93.50 in nontaxable fees and $490 in options. There are no admin. or other doc. fees indicated on their written quote. They were a pretty easy going crew. Although I have yet to purchase a vehicle from them [I might wait for a 2008 leftover] I was comfortable working with them. Hope this helps. Post if you have other questions. Later.
    yaupon2,

Thanks for the info again. I am working with local dealers in the Philadelphia area for an Accord EX 4dr Sedan 4 cyl with Automatic Transmission. If Sussman or Conicelli can match your deal, I would close on it. If not, I might have to go to your hood. BTW, I think Honda hold back is 3%. I did find info on the $400 dealers sales incentive. I was on Piazza Honda of Drexel Hill's website, they have a page with "2008 Accord Spring Marketing Allowance of $400". I will print that out to show the dealers I am working with to see if we can close the deal faster.

As far as the $490 in options, what does it include?
    So for your deal in MSRP:
    $23695
    + 490
    ---------
    $24,185

I want find out what the invoice price for the $490 in options are, so I can do the above calculation with invoice to see how much you are below invoice on your deal.

Can you e-mail or fax me you sheet? If you can, pls get my info from my profile. Thanks again!

--James
  • 08carfinding08carfinding Member Posts: 1
    Kep, I am in the bay area and thinking to buy Accord LX too. Could you email me the email-ad? or could you let me know how I can get such emails?

Thanks!!
  • zdadzdad Member Posts: 15
    Just bought my EX-L I4 AT (no Nav) Coupe here in the Philly suburbs. Made my final purchase at JL Freed. Conicelli worked the hardest. They came in $500 under anyone else. It was a $100 under invoice offer. Gave my local guy (Freed) a chance to match and they did. Conicelli even came back one more time offering another $125, but I think they were bait & switching, as they had no San Marino Red Coupe on their lot.

From what I found....
    -- Main Line Honda. Will deal but very begrudgingly.
    -- Conicelli. Very aggressive with price & hard sell. Good deal but watch your step.
    -- JL Freed. No pressure, but will make you work for the last few hundred bucks.
    -- Piazza. Was $1000 higher than any other offer.
    -- Sussman. No info. Didn't deal with them.
    -- Keenan. No response to on-line requests.

I was $25667 OTD at the end.
    For whats its worth, I state dthis some where in one of my replys, Route 22 Honda in Hillside NJ is where I leased my 08 Accord LXP. The sticker price was $22,160 + $635.00 dest.= $22,795, this number was neg to $22,200 inc dest. Included in the car was wheel locks, mud flaps, Enviro /Guard protection for the int/ext,
    Go on line with them.
    zdad,
    Thanks for the info!
    Can you break your deal out in more details? Price on the car and other fees?
    How you like your new ride?
    Seems like the dealers close by are not as agreesive as Apple Honda at York from yaupon2's deal.

Anyone got below invoice in the Philly area? I am still waiting for Sussman and Conicelli to get back to me.