Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• steelblue314steelblue314 Member Posts: 25
    EDIT: I stand corrected, looked tonight (car has been parked since Sunday) and NO PASSENGER SIDE power adjustment seating. :( christinam1 you were RIGHT.
  • losinglouielosinglouie Member Posts: 6
    Just bought the 08 EX-L I4 no nav for 23.9 before taxes, title and license. Although sub 23 numbers have been posted here, alas, I could not get there. I worked three dealers here in san diego by telephone and walk in. In the end, one dropped out at $25k, and the other two fought for the deal around the $24k mark. The Poway Dealer threw in $500 worth of unwanted stuff (mud flaps, wheel locks, etc) which increased their msrp to $27k. The El Cajon dealer would have matched a little below 24, but I liked my salesperson in Poway. Also got the 2.9% financing over 60 months with zero down. Cool!

Got the black one with beige leather. Love the XM and the I4 (works well for me and I am going to see how far I can push the MPG, and will report here. Was comparing this car to the Camry (which I tried real hard to like) Drove the Camry twice and found the I4 to be wimpy, the ride weak, the comfort poor, and the interior absolutely cheap looking at the LX level. Upgrading to the leather in the Accord was cheaper in the Honda, even with the best Toyota deals. Toyota also did not have the 2.9 for five years. I do like the looks of the Camry more than the Accord, but I have let that go. Am also enjoying the extra room in the new
    Accord. It is totally classy. The ride is familiar and sporty, as the last several accords I have owned. Guess I am just a Honda guy. Oh, also note that the Accord I got was made in Japan. Looking forward to good reliability. Thanks, Bob
  • jrkflajrkfla Member Posts: 21
    best of luck with it , very good car. Tried also to get a deal at 23k and just could not get it. bought an 08 TSX new for 26.2 and also got 10.5 on my bmw trade, which needed all new wheels and the driver door replaced. total was 1300 in just those two items alone. considering all that, paying 2400 more for the TSX just seemed the right thing to do but the accord exl4 is a great car.
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    I have the Accord LXP, and old ex leased 04 Malibu, The Malibu was a lot quiter than the Accord on the road without a doubt as is the new Malibu, however in the more important area where driving and safety really counts the Accord by far handles alot better on wet and or dry roads, around corners, bends, and reaction time. The sound isn't as horrible as it sounds. After a month I really haven't paid any attetion to it and it goes away especially the wat it drives. I'll take that trade off any time any where.
  • bran9192bran9192 Member Posts: 23
    Mine is 4 cyl EX L and the passenger seat is manual has heated passenger seat but it's manual...
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    any update figures on you purchase yet, i am hoping to buy the same model in 2 wks appreciate all info you have, and also all the forum, on there otd prices.much appreciated....
  • yiqinyiqin Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Bob for the information. I am also living in San Diego area, and looking to buy either the Accord EX or EX-L. Do you know all EX-L /EX at poway dealer were made in Japan, or just the one you purchased was made in Japan?
    Thanks,
    Yiqin
  • birdsofprey02birdsofprey02 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to get an EX-L v6 W/Nav in Md region. Looking for black ext/ black int. However, there are a few options that I need to consider. I'm not a big fan of the stock accord rims so I want the 18" painted alloys. I also want the rear wing spoiler, all-weather mats, and trunk mat (maybe), and possibly the blue illumination.

My question is, what kind of prices shall I be paying for the options assuming I find the base model I am looking for on a lot? Is the MSRP on Honda's website a great indicator? Do the accessories I am interested get installed at the dealership? I see that the wheel locks are listed as $55 on the site but yet some pay over $80 for them? Just trying to figure out how the accessories work.

From research the invoice is 27,403 for base model and the MSRP on the accessories I chose was $3072. I am trying to figure out how much I will need to finance, etc. What should I aim for in negotiating with the taxes (6%), dest charges, etc. added in.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • scz3838scz3838 Member Posts: 8
    Does anybody here have any experience/information about Honda Financial's Graduate Financing Program? I am particularly interested in the kind of interest rates that Honda would be willing to provide through this. I actually read in another post that someone was able to obtain the lowest offered rate from Honda Financial using the Graduate Financing program. Personally it seems too good to be true...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eec8740/2261!keywords=allin%3Amsgt- ext%20limit%3A.eea7239%20graduate%20financing#2261
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    This was back in Jan but I had an offer of 28500 OTD for a 2008 4DR EXL V6 with Navi. (Va tax is 5%) from Laurel Honda.
  • jacknibbsjacknibbs Member Posts: 17
    I am a first time new car buyer in NJ. I am looking to get the V6 EX-L w/out Nav and was just wondering what kind of pricing I should expect. I know that the invoice is $25,416. What are the additional costs in NJ beside the 7% tax?
    As for accessories, I'm only looking for the splash guards and possible the spoiler.

I will most likely be financing for 60 months at the 2.9% deal going on right now.
  • r0yaltyr0yalty Member Posts: 13
    I haven't purchased yet, but i got an internet price quote on the accord ex v6 model from ball honda in san diego for:

MSRP is:......................................................$24,495.00
    Internet Department Sales Price is:...............$24,495.00
    + Doc, Title, License and sales tax @ 7.75%.
    OUT THE DOOR PRICE IS:.......$24,542.55
    Price Above Includes destination and handling.

this is copied from the email they sent me.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    How can the OTD price be $24,542.55.00 ?

If you add roughly 10% to the sell price (24.495.00) for taxes, lics. fees, etc. the price comes to $26,944.45.

Somebody made a mistake?
  • awfpackawfpack Member Posts: 13
    how are these prices. I got this via email from a dealer

2008 HONDA ACCORD:

TYPE TRANS MSRP Internet pricing
    2.4 LX M $20,995 $18,369.39
    2.4 LX A $21,795 $19,012.30
    2.4 LX-P M $21,995 $19,263.02
    2.4 LX-P A $22,795 $19,977.93
    2.4 EX M $23,695 $20,782.20
    2.4 EX A $24,495 $21,497.11
    2.4 EXL M $25,695 $22,569.47
    2.4 EXL A $26,495 $23,284.38
    2.4 EXL NAV M $27,895 $24,535.46
    2.4 EXL NAV A $28,695 $25,250.37
    3.5 EX A $26,595 $23,373.74
    3.5 EXL A $28,695 $25,250.37
    3.5 EXL NAV A $30,895 Call for Availability
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    These prices look to be pretty good, but you'd want to get an OTD quote with taxes, dealer fees, etc. figured in. That way, there aren't any surprises with the price when you get to the dealership.

Who did you get these quotes from? What state are they located in?
    They are in SC.. I live in NC
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "These prices look to be pretty good, but you'd want to get an OTD quote with taxes, dealer fees, etc. figured in."

Why? Most states cap how much a dealer documentation fee is. For example, here in Minnesota the state caps dealer at $50.00. Next, sales tax is going to be the same everywhere in the state with the exception of additional county taxes. Finally, plate and transfer fee's collected by the dealer on behalf of the state are the same, except for again if a county has a wheelage tax or some other small fee.

Aside from sales tax, most states will collect county fee's for the county you live in, not the county you purchased the car in. To make an apple to apple compairson, make sure the internet price includes the destination charge - everything else you can figure out on your own with five min's of research.

Just my .02
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    For example, here in Minnesota the state caps dealer at $50.00.

Fair enough, but where I live (AZ) most dealer doc fees are $369 or more. Some other states that don't cap doc fees are even higher ($500 and up). That is a pretty substantial amount. I just think if you can get all the figures before making a decision, why not do it?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Some states cap the fees and some can charge an unlimited amount of money. In those states, doc fees commonly more than $300, but it could be $800 or $1000 if they wanted to do that.
    Even with a capped doc fee they can always make up other fees "dealer prep" etc. if you do not make it clear to them that the quote must include destination charge and any fees they charge beyond government mandated fees.
  • r0yaltyr0yalty Member Posts: 13
    I dunno, but maybe msrp is $24,542 and they realize you will want a lower price, maybe it's as low as they can go.
  • mit42lsmit42ls Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer is that from? I got quoted for a 08 Accord Coupe EX-L,I4, 5 speed transmission.

Purchase price $23,545.43
    Taxes (3%) $706.36
    Tittle $83
    Doc fee $299
    For a total of $ 24,633.79 and said they would try to get me the 2.9 financing going for the sedans. Im also in NC but I guess I need to be searching in SC.
  • jacknibbsjacknibbs Member Posts: 17
    Just got a quote through email.

For The 2008 Honda Accord ; EX-L V6 4dr sedan

MSRP: $ 28060 + $635 Destination

Your Price: $ 25216 + $635 Destination, tax, MV fees & $199 documentation fee.

This is in NJ. Do those numbers sound good. I might try to shop this with another dealership but so far, those are the best numbers I have been quoted.
  • losinglouielosinglouie Member Posts: 6
    Hi: Every car I looked at at the Poway dealership was made in Japan, but not completely sure that all are. If made in Japan, the vehicle number will start with a J. So far, no defects on this one. Take care, Bob
  • jkbinjkbin Member Posts: 1
    Trying to find out what people are paying for 08 accord exl 4 dr. 4 cyl /no nav. in NJ. Wasn't able to make a deal in April, but had originally gotten prices of:

22,610 base + 635 (dest.) + 200 (doc.) + 7.50 (tire tax) + Tax + DMV.

Made the mistake of going to my "regular" dealer who said they'd match the price quotes I got. When I got there, after a lot of "shmoozing" and agreeing to the price, the Mgr. came out and nixed the deal. Needless to say, I walked out. But since it was end of month and the internet quotes were only for that day (4/30)...... I missed out.

What do you think about the prices I was quoted? Was wondering what deals are available in May, now that the Accord seems to have sold so well in April.
  • roundrockhondaroundrockhonda Member Posts: 8
    I am getting $26,240 before TTL for 08 accord ex-l v6 no nav. from a dealer in Austin, TX. If anyone has better quotes from TX dealer, please post it here. Thanks.
  • roundrockhondaroundrockhonda Member Posts: 8
    Can you please email me the quote to roundrockhonda@gmail.com? Thanks.
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    what is you out the door price, try using internet sale up in san ant, tx l3 dealers let me know
  • elp_jcelp_jc Member Posts: 1
    That's right at invoice (excluding holdback and other volume discounts), so doubt you can do better. Hey, may I ask you the name of the dealership?

I'm considering a 6MT, which has identical MSRP and invoice as the 5AT, but the best I get in El Paso, TX is $27,500. If somebody knows of a better price than that not too far away please let me know. Thx.
  • beslcbeslc Member Posts: 7
    I purchased a 2008 Coupe a couple of months ago. I paid actual invoice on the car. Since that time and even before I have seen posts for Accords that were as much as 2000.00 below invoice, not 2000.00 below MSRP. I am questioning these prices, I don't think the whole story is being told.

I know in the Western U.S. There are no factory incentives being offered other than lower interest financing.

Unless there is a trade, that the dealer made his profit on or financing, I can not see a dealer letting a car go below invoice plus below their holdback. When someone tells me they bought an EXL V-6 Coupe with Nav for up to 2000.00 below invoice I really question the pricing. Anyone else questioning these prices? The dealer wants to clear inventory, but I can never see one letting a car go at a deep loss that some of these prices reflect.
    The dealer added like $499 for something called the Honda package
    I ask what that was and he said it was for mud guards, trunk tray, and Wheel locks. Does anyone know if that is right? What is dealer cost of these items?
    Thanks
    Robby
  • dancepodiumdancepodium Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for 2008 Honda Accord EXL 6 Cyl of $26,324 + Taxes etc. Does anyone else has better prices for this model. What is the Invoice price for this model?
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    This forum is great and helpful to some extent - but I dont' think anyone can take the numbers as the gospel. Some of the prices posted here since the 08 came out are "very exceptional". . . . ;) . Plus, this forum is dominated by people who are into their cars and into negotiating prices for their cars. It certainly does not represent what "normal" people in the market are paying for their new vehicle.
  • stevenq99stevenq99 Member Posts: 36
    It is added by the dealer. True cost? My guess $200.
  • drjeremydrjeremy Member Posts: 1
    Some prices are a little far fetched. I have found that when adding fees and the like. OTD prices seem to be around invoice + $500 +ttl. Best so far the best quote I have on an accord LX-P MT is $20,120 + $189 fee + 5% tax MS. This is about $300 over invoice. Is this a good deal or should I haggle some more? $19995 + 5% tax OTD would make me happy!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    " Anyone else questioning these prices"

Ah.....oh nevermind!
  • beslcbeslc Member Posts: 7
    If you have a price of 26,324 + tax on a EXL-V6 without Nav Invoice including destination is 26.051.00. There could be some regional advertising in your area which could be the extra couple hundred. If not you should be able to buy at invoice without much problem. Just ask to see the actual invoice it will show any regional advertising.
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    I got an 08 Accord LX-P automatic for $19,618 including destination. The invoice including destitination is $20,720. So, I pretty much got it for $1,102 below invoice. After taxes, doc, and license fee, my OTD price was $21,400.

Remember, this is for an LX-P automatic. Since you're looking at the LX-P MT, I think you can do much better than this. Oh, I also got my car the last weekend of the month. I think they were trying to sell as many cars as possible. Go for the LX-P. The regular LX doesn't have the alloy wheels (which looks really cool) and it doesn't have an alarm system either.
  • hondasdhondasd Member Posts: 13
    Hi, I want to know which area do you live? I am asking quote from all over San Diego, CA area, and the lowest net internet price I got for LX-P AT is $20920 "includes the Protection Package (Splash Guards, Wheel Locks and Trunk Tray) at no additional cost or mark-up to you. The Protection Package retails for $995 and up. Your purchase price will be $20,920.38 plus applicable tax and license. "
    I don't know if I can lower the price of my accord. Do you have any advices?
    I am looking for a 08 Accord LX-P AT model. I am thinking of trade in my 05 Accord Coupe EX-L 3.0 with 67XXX miles. The price I got from a dealer was between 10,000 to 12,000 which he checked from KBB. He said this was only the baseline of the trade in price, and he also selet the poor status of my Accord. I am wondering if this price is fair enough or I need to sell my car to some other dealer such as car max or sell it as privite owner.
    THANKS!
  • rpjones68rpjones68 Member Posts: 5
    I agree, end of last month, I got the LX-P Auto for $19,444 including destination. Total OTD was $20,618 so you should do better for a manual. This was in Atlanta
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    These are some good prices for a LX-P. I was shopping for a LX-P, but couldn't find one for around $21K OTD. I ended up buying a LX automatic for $20K OTD.
  • gavsimgavsim Member Posts: 9
    Hi, starting the process of getting quotes for the LX-P 2008.

I called Carsdirect.com... they gave me an OTD price of $23,131.
    (nj sales tax 7%)
    I have not tried any dealers yet. I see people on this board have gotten
    "really good" prices, ie. 1000k or so below invoice.. wow!!

However, is this more of a regional phenomenon. Realistically, if I can get the car at invoice, about 20,900 is that a good deal here in NJ(monmouth county).

Interested in what others have paid for this car(esp, in tristate area),
    thanks
  • epithermepitherm Member Posts: 2
    Hi rpjones86,

Can you please let me know the name of the dealer and contact information? I am in the market for the same vehicle in North Carolina, but no one came close to what you got :cry: . I do not mind driving down to Atlanta to get the same deal. My email is putida at hotmail dot com. Thanks!!
  • rpjones68rpjones68 Member Posts: 5
    pmail sent
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    I live in Orange County, CA. Try to get quotes from Riverside County first. The more inland you go, the cheaper it seems. Then use that quote to pin it against the dealers. Dont get a Protection Package. Not worth it.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
    Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• joey10765joey10765 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an '08 Accord EX-L 4 cylinder, Invoice price of $24,062. I added the Honda automatic start, splash guards, moonroof visor, and trunk lid spoiler. My car price was $23,430 and my out the door price was $26,900 with OH sales tax at 6.75%, and my added toys.
    The Honda automatic start was a bit pricey compared to the aftermarket ones I looked at but it has some extra bells and whistles that the others do not. Climate control from the remote being the biggest advantage.
    Could you send me an email too? The best OTD price that I got today was $226XX for LX-P model. People said the price in San Diego is higher than other city in CA, I don't know is this ture or not. However, the truth is I paid more for gas and house rent. :cry:
  • rocket1356rocket1356 Member Posts: 4
    I have a dealer in Orange County that gave me 200 over the invoice price. I am planning to buy a car this month or at the end of the month where the dealer really need us.

If anyone in Orange County, CA want to join me in buying a car so we can get a better deal, please email me at rocket1356@hotmail.com. It doesn't have to be EX V6. If we go together, we can get a better discount. :shades:
  • rocket1356rocket1356 Member Posts: 4
    Let me know if you want to go look for a great discount together. I will be buying a EX V6 this month or at the end of the month. I live in Costa Mesa. Email me if your interested. rocket1356@hotmail.com