Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    OTD for both are around $26,000 so the prices you got are very good.
  • levtomlevtom Member Posts: 12
    The Accords have built-in anti-theft device called an "engine immobilizer". The fuel pump will not operate without using the proper ignition key because of a chip in the key. This is considered an anti-theft device for auto insurance discounts in MA.
    I was only offered Lo-Jack as an enhancement. Don't know if Honda offers any other anti-theft options. Don't believe you need more protection.

Fine choice. Bought my i4 EX sedan last week and lovin' it!
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    No incentive to Honda dealers for new Accords. Other then the 0.9 or 2.9.

Sometime I have to take a break from this board becuase I cherish my sanity.
    It's not 1.5% - it's 1% of the MSRP before the destination charge. It covers fixed costs - not "extra money" as you call it. In what ever it is you do I assume your company offers some sort of goods or services to consumers, do you think they make "extra money"? In business, no matter the business, there is no such thing as extra money.

Perhaps a quick visit to ECON 101 will help to clear the air for you?
  • synergy3synergy3 Member Posts: 16
    Yeah I think I did okay, internet/fleet director was cool...tad under invoice.

TTL Registration hits hard here in California, I used the DMV calculator, fees are like 2000+ :cry:
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    I'm sure you'll make a huge profit from the next person who comes in to buy a car. I got a good price for my car and a really cool sale person. The sale person was telling me that he makes his living from people referring other people. He accommodated me in every way and was upfront about everything. I even told him that a couple of my friends brought a car from the same dealership and they all referred me there. I told the sale man that I'll definitely referred other people to the same dealership because I felt that they did right by me and were honest.

After that, I have already referred a couple of people to Hardin Honda. Just last week when I was at a gas station, some guy came up to me and asked me about my new car. Where did I buy it from and what did I like about the car and what kinds of features does the car have.

But sales person are in the business because they are good at what they do. If they weren't, they wouldn't be selling cars than. Hey, it's a game that they like to play. Sure, we all here are smart enough to get a good deal but lots of people don't know better. Because of this, lots of sale people make huge profit from these people.
  • parkway1parkway1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. . .I too live in MA. . .it's been a long time since I purchased a car . . .didn't know about the engine immobilizer.
  • cb007cb007 Member Posts: 3
    I've just started getting my bid's back. Do these #'s look good? 2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/NAVI OTD. Dealer #1 $30,895 ( includes $635 freight, $99 processing (real?), $222 tags, $1736.22 tax (MD). Dealer #2 OTD is $31,846 but adds dealer stuff (pinstripe, door edge gards,wheel locks) :confuse:
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    When did you start asking for bids? I will start the process as well, and am wondering how long it takes for the dealers to respond.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    All Hondas have the "immobilizer" technology where they will not start if one of the dealer or manufacturer mated keys are not in the car. These keys have transponders in them and each is unique and the computer in the car can be matched up to four (I think) keys at one time. At one time Accords where the #1 stolen car in the US, so I guess they had to come up with something to slow the thieves down :D .

In addition, every 08 Accord except the LX comes with a standard security system. It is shown right here on the Honda Accord page - the 4th item down under exterior features.

Maybe you read it was "NA" on an EX because it is not available as an accessory item since it is standard?

You can easily check - just go to a Honda dealer and secure the keys to a new Accord (non-LX). Get in and turn the key on and roll down the window, turn the key off, get out and lock the door with the key fob. Reach in and pull up the lock and open the door - the horn should sound and lights should flash.

Dennis
  • ranger18ranger18 Member Posts: 1
    Bach Honda in Mass just quoted me $23,798.00 “including the destination charge”. Sounds like a good price however, interested to see if anyone has gotten a better deal.
    They do add a dealer fee on top of that and others have reported that when you show up to get the car they try to add the destination back onto the price. They will (or have) taken that back off when you show them your printout where your price includes destination.

Dennis
  • cb007cb007 Member Posts: 3
    All depends. You get some BS auto replies right awayjust to let you know they got your bid. I'm doing this from work (shhhh!) so it took me a couple of e-mails to get the first round of bid's. With a litttle work, you could probably get some #'s asap. I think the first round "internet price" is pre-set anyway.
    Well guys I just got back from the dealership and I have to say this was the WORST experience I've ever had.

I've been shopping for actually 3 vehicles. One for myself, one for my father and mother in-law; Accord V6 EX-L Auto Coupe, Accord LX-P Sedan and a Honda Fit. A combination of Internet Prices and calling, we decided to go to a local one here in Riverside, CA with the best price and friendly service (so we thought) - Riverside Metro Group (Riverside Honda) which is part of the Metro Auto Group who sells VW, Mazda, Nissan and Hyundai.

I went to pick up the Accord V6 EX-L Auto today (I posted earlier about the price which was $25,533.00) this price was received from the dealerships Internet Department..."Your *e-Price invoice $26,533.00 ($1000 Off ) $25,533.00".

So we arrive, meet the Internet department and they take us to the vehicle we want, drive it and inspect it. First problem was frontal damage (bumper was scratched deeply) so they got a new one for us...no problem. We get ready to finalize everything. I also have my financing done through the bank and have a BLANK CHECK ready. I do however give the dealership the opportunity to finance also, as they inquired about my financing. The have my information already because I was pre-approved through AHFS and the dealership also has my paperwork including credit ran.

Here is where things go wrong....very wrong. The internet sales person checks on financing...with the desk manager to see if they can beat the bank rate. They come back 3% HIGHER then the bank. I say no way, I'm happy with my financing. He goes to the manager for 10 minutes while we are sitting there and comes back and says....well you are aware since this is a special price, you have cannot have any other financing don't you?

So, I am told, YOU CANNOT USE ANY OTHER FINANCING. Since we are selling the vehicle so low, you MUST use our in-house financing. They basically refuse to sell me the vehicle unless I take a 3%+ on the rate I am getting at the bank.

I explain to the sales person that this is insane and we are leaving immediately. He goes back again and the desk manager is in the "box" giving us looks and staring at us. The sales guy comes back and says, you must use our financing. I basically say this is ridiculous, you guys are insane...I've covered all bases, crossed my T's and dotted my I's and you are telling me since you aren't making a profit on the vehicle, you are going to try to make a profit from rebate on bps from the financing? Answer: Yes.

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but I work from home 2 days a week and was in my normal clothes...jeans, polo and a hat (usually am in a suit). I also look young, but have sold securities in the financial business in addition to researching enough to know this is wrong. Overall really feel discriminated against as well as being lied too and extorted for extra profit. Buying 3 vehicles and also looking for 5 vehicles for our company (Elements) and got this treatment lol.

What I did also was hit record on my phone so it records everything and will post it on Youtube, Metacafe and everywhere else I can find to warn potential buyers of this unethical practice.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM RIVERSIDE METRO AUTO GROUP AND RIVERSIDE HONDA.

I've been shopping though and have another dealership that says they can't match but will sell at $26,100. I can't believe these guys "we are selling the vehicle too low, so you have to use our financing at the 11th Hour... 2 hours of wasted time!!!!
    If their financing was simple interest, no set up fee, and no early payoff penalty why not just sign the paperwork and as soon as your account is set up pay it off with your blank check? Then you get your low financing and their low price on the same deal. Mazda credit used to have (or still does) rebates tied to taking their financing and folks would take the inflated MAC rates to get the rebate then pay the loan off as soon as it was set up. In this case I would feel no guilt about doing this to the dealer that is forcing a high rate on you. Heck, at $600 under your next best price even if you had to pay a little interest or early pay off fee you might have come out just fine.

But realistically, if you check the current invoice price it is $26,356 and less hold back of $578.90 give you a dealer makes nothing price of $25,777.10. And there are no known dealer incentives on Accords. Yes somehow you expect the dealer to sell you the car for $25,533 ? I bet no other dealer had such a low price because it was either a come on to get you on the lot or a mistake. They probably gave you an I4 price rather than a V6 price and once you showed up they figured out the problem.

As I said, I hate being treated bad at any dealership and I always make my deals completely before stepping foot on the lot - but if someone offered me a deal that is not logical or at an "impossible" price then I KNOW it is either a mistake or a trick or there is an incentive I don't know about. So I would ask about it and point out to the dealership that they can't be making any money on the car and have them verify it and ask about incentives or "can I pay cash at this price" or other questions.

Now, I guess, you too will know this for the next time you go car hunting. Go get your new Honda from another dealer and enjoy it!

Dennis
    That idea did come to mind, but the Blank Check terms are for purchase of a new vehicle with dealer instructions for such. Regarding 25,533, I've seen and heard of similar deals which were in this ballpark so believed it was the best. In addition, I have been communicating with the Internet Department on the purchases of the other 2 vehicles, I made sure to check that it was correct verifying verbally on the phone (verifying this is with destination) with email quotes. I don't blame the internet department for this as they were shocked when I told them....the finance department or finance manager wasn't even involved just the sales manager at the desk.

I thought I had this all wrapped up before going in, like you I hate negotiating in th dealership as the process is long and I don't have all materials to reference. Big lesson learned never mention you want to see what kind of financing you can get when you already have financing, it's an opening! Good thing the dealership was 5 minutes away :sick:
  • hhunhhun Member Posts: 16
    Of course they need to make a profit...that's a given. My point is that we can at least be informed consumers and make a fair offer that will not take us to the bank and yet allow the dealers to make some profit. That's all I was trying to get across by bringing up the holdback issue. You obviously took my words wrong,or put words in my mouth that I didn't say. Geesh people are so sensitive these days.

I'm not advocating squeezing every nickel...that just wouldn't be fair. I too am about to purchase a new honda for under invoice. I just noticed a few people on this blog that were quoting some prices over invoice and my intention was to let them be a little informed so that they know they can haggle a little more and get a better deal. That's it! Is there anything wrong with that? All the best.

P.S.--there's no hate here, just trying to be an informed consumer. Besides you can't feel sorry for the dealers....they have ripped off enough consumers who were unknowingly paying more than they should have in their time when the market was good. What's wrong with us consumers being the ones on the good end of a deal for once? I think it's all good as long as everyone gets a price they want. I don't think any dealer will just give away a car, that would be foolish.
    Ok point taken...I apologize to Mr. IsellHondas.

I actually dealt with a crooked Honda salesman last week. He accept my more than fair offer which included, by the way, a built in profit. I faxed him an offer with the numbers broken down including the profit for him. Yes, the offer was slightly below invoice including destination charge, but not by much, about a hundred below However, the offer was well more than I have seen others pay on this forum.

Long story short...he accepted the offer via voicemail.and said it was "more than an acceptable offer and very doable". It was an honest and fair offer not intended to "rip off the dealer". Then when I called him back he retracted his acceptance making up some lame excuses about the car being the only color in town as well as some other ridiculous excuses which included "five speed manual transmissions in the 4-door sedans are in demand so he couldn't let it go for that price". I am sure any honda salesman on this forum will concur that this is not true. I have owned three 5 speed manual hondas in my lifetime and I know that dealers do not carry many of them because they are harder to sell in the 4 door sedan trim vs the 2 door coupe trim and harder to sell than any automatic transmission. I also had another dealer (the other one that accepted the same offer) tell me that he will sell 30 automatic sedans before selling one manual sedan. Funny thing is that this place I was dealing with had 4 manual sedans on the lot and they still have all four as of today.

This salesman was very young and obviously "wet behing the ears" in experience. I assume he wanted the deal, but his sales manager didn't. I was not falling for those lies and games especially after he accepted the offer. So I told the guy that I wasn't playing games, I made him a fair offer that was also accepted at another dealer in town, and that I didn't appreciate the lies. He copped an attitude. So that ended my business relations with that dealer. It just wasn't worth it the hassle and aggravation. He lost my trust at that point. I called the sales manager and the GM to complain about what had happened and left it at that.

There are some reputable dealers out there who will bend over backwards to help you, like the NEW dealer I am working with now...who also gave me a fabulous price (lower than my original offer to the other dealer) which I jumped on promptly. He was even willing to search for the color I wanted and do a dealer transfer. Excellent service! And there are some that deserve to lose customers like the guy above.

So you see, it was not me who tried to "squeeze" every nickel out of the dealer, it was the dealer who was trying to play games and fool me into paying more. So to those of you who thought I was being "unfair" and a trying not to allow for a profit, I hope this will clear the air and show otherwise. Good luck Honda shopping!!! :D
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    I have to laugh at so many of you on here. Do you actually think that a dealer sells cars for a loss????? Never - The finance side of a dealership is somewhat complicated but they NEVER EVER lose money. They may lose their COA's if they don't pay corporate but they don't lose money on car sales. When someone says I made them a fair offer, I laugh. The dealer determines the fair offer. You as the consumer decide if you want to take the deal or not. Why try and determine what a "fair price" for the dealer is? Do you have all of the information that the dealer has? Do you know what deals they have with corporate? I would suggest to someone who is in the market for a car, see what others are paying, use the end of the month as your ally, and come up with a price that you are willing to pay. Too many people get bogged down in the nuts and bolts of the deal. The OTD price is all that matters. Whether you paid $100 or $500 for dealer processing does not matter. Let the dealer figure out how to manipulate the numbers to meet your bottom line price.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    These seem high to me. I bought my car in MD (Live in VA) and I think you can do better. Did you try Laurel Honda? I think there is one dealer in VA (somewhere near Manassas?) and I read that someone got a great deal from them as well.
  • lance_mcblance_mcb Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys,
    I just started shopping for my new Honda and wanted to hear your opinion on price quote which I just got from a dealer in Rockville, MD:
    "Accord EX-L 4cyl Sedan Automatic the price is $22,750.00 plus fees which comes out to be $25,116.10 "out the door". No hidden fees or surprises when you come in."

Thanks for your comments.
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    Lance mcb

Can you breakdown the addtional fees. The price of $22,750 seems to be excellent
    i was actually asking for 2 trims LX-P and EX-L
    that is what he wrote me about LX-P yesterday

Accord LX-P
    ---------------------
    Vehicle - $19,450.00
    Freight - $635.00
    Processing fee - $100.00
    Tax 6% (MD) - $1,211.10
    Tags (MD) - $222.00
    --------------------------
    Total - $21,618.10

I didnt got break-down for EX-L yet, but i guess it should be close
    i just did the math and it look like this

Vehicle $22,750
    Freight $635
    Processing fee $100
    Tax 6% (MD) $1,409
    Tags (MD) $222
    Total $25,116
    Hi there, FYI...Processing fee in MD is not a mandatory charge...it says so on the invoice and MSRP window sticker. You can by law refuse to pay it and you are within your rights. They might tell you it's mandatory, it's not. (There is a state law about it if you wanted to go through the trouble of checking it out.) Save yourself the extra $100! Otherwise, your vehicle price itself appears to be below invoice which is good (for the LX-P). Good luck. :)
    "but I don't think many dealers would give much discount on those accessories, installed"

Oh yes they would...you have to ask for it! My dad has a dealer friend who says "you can refuse to pay any dealer installed option if you don't want it and didn't ask for it". Those options are marked up at least 100%, so if you decide you want the options, negotiate some. Good luck. :)
    You might can get a discount on their inflated asking prices, but you often can't wipe out the cost. Why? They had to pay someone to put on the 3m clear bra, moonroof wind deflector, splash guards, etc. In some cases removal on the stuff would cause a problem - and they have to pay someone to do the work to take it off.

I have always found it to be a lot easier to just avoid dealers who add crap-o-la to every car on the lot. It just makes it easier to deal with and no hassles. There are plenty of dealers who only add stuff to the cars at the customer's request. Deal with those and no problems.

Dennis
    Profit is not an ugly word....it's what makes businesses thrive obviously....getting ripped off and being lied to...now those are ugly words. As long as you are not one of those salesman, then there's no problem. Nothing wrong with a profit as long as it's a fair profit and the customer is not taken to the cleaners. That's all I am trying to say here...you like to put words in people's mouths for some reason....I never said "no profit".

Now....what's wrong with buying a car for as low as you can? Doesn't everyone want to do that...isn't that the basis of this forum? To share good deals with other buyers? Do you go house hunting and pay the asking price if it seems "overinflated" or are you going to try to make what you feel is a fair offer to the seller? People do it every day and there's nothing wrong with it....like someone said...the seller or dealer can refuse to sell if they feel their profit is not what it should be. That's what it's all about. The market also determines how much you can get too...gas prices up, new car sales down. A couple years ago...housing prices were up and it was a sellers market and homes were hard to come by and bidders where going wild and fighting over houses, now they are down and houses are sitting on the market. Everyone looks for a good deal and a right time to buy...so don't criticize those of us who just want a good deal. Have a nice day and try not to take things so seriously. :)
    That's good advice.
    Hello! I didnit know about that, but I will definitely keep that in mind when I'll go final. What do you think about price for EX-L? does it look good? I fill some trick there, bs according to Edmunds the invoce is $24,063, and i've got $22,750 offer, which is $1313 below. If it is right about holdback and balance transfer = 3.5 % they would make $880 out of $25,116 OTD which wont cover $1313 :confuse:
  • steelblue314steelblue314 Member Posts: 25
    Got it for $24,516.00. Got splash guards, wheel locks. That's it. The price wasn't an "OTD" price. It included TTL, DES, and my negative equity on a trade which was $7,151.00 Oh well, I'm happy!!!! Love the Accord! BTW, I qualified for the 2.9 financing, but I went with 72 months to bring my monthly payment to where I "comfortable", being "upside down and all". So I came away with 5.4% financing instead.
    You either can't read, can't type or both.

I just said it is just far easier to avoid dealers who add "dealer installed accessories" to every vehicle prior to offering them for sale. No matter how you try to negotiate the price of these add ons, it is not likely to ever be as good as $0 - the cost if you just purchase from a dealer with no add ons.

If I don't want a wind deflector or mud flaps why should I pay anything for them?

I agree with your suggestion to negotiate the price on these items if they are already on the car, but if you don't want them you are still going to pay something for them for them in the end. It is a lot better to pay nothing for them by taking your business to a better dealer.

You offer up dumb "advice" and then take offense if someone does not agree with you.

Dennis
    Hi
    Well according to some on here...balance transfer doesn't exist...so I don't know what to tell you there. Honda's 800 # customer service told me that about the addtional 1.5%. Maybe some dealers get it and others don't? I don't know. Maybe the balance transfer is really a reimbursement to the dealer for advertising cost and dealer prep fees (another charge you can refuse to pay since it's reimbursed)? I just don't know...all I know is what Honda said. So to be fair to those sellers who said the don't know what balance transfer is...I would just disregard the 1.5% and just keep in mind the 2% holdback.

The EXL model you are talking about...exactly which one is it? I think you said it was an AT? Does it have nav? It was a 4 door, 4 cyl? Or a V6? Those make a difference in price.
    Hello..I was agreeing with you!!!! What's your problem?? "It's good advice to stay away from those dealers who add dealer installed accessories on the car". I was agreeing on that point.

Chill out. I don't take offense if someone disagrees with me. I could care less. My "dumb" advice isn't dumb at all...I found it all over the internet when I did my research. Anyone else on here can find the same information if they google it. I also got some info from a guy who owns a high end used car dealership who has been in the business for decades and is a friend of the family. So don't criticize me for just saying what I have read elsewhere. It's not my advice, but advice of experts in the field...or so called experts. I suggest you redirect your attitude toward them for writing the articles.
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    hhun

In post 20695, lance_mcb states:
    "Accord EX-L 4cyl Sedan Automatic the price is $22,750.00 plus fees which comes out to be $25,116.10 "out the door". No hidden fees or surprises when you come in."

So it answers all of your questions except navi. I would assume that this price is without navi. No way would it be with navi.
    Yes, ur right, w/o Navi, Accord EXL 4 cylinder 4 door automatic
    Hi, thanks for the info again.
    Looking up the Invoice with destination=$23,428...subtract out the destination chrg of $635 = $22,793 is invoice without destination....you were offered $22,750....about $40 below invoice. Not bad at all. Could you go lower? Who knows...depends on the dealer. But it seems like a good deal.

Holdback is 2% off MSRP...about $470 which you would subtract from invoice without destination. Although this isn't representative of what the dealer paid. It's hard to really know what the dealer paid for the car because that varies from dealer to dealer and takes into account different factors like the volume of cars that dealer sells, etc..but you can at least have a very rough ballpark idea. Actual dealer cost is always an unknown figure. Let them have their holdback. I am sure they are still making a little more on the car than $40. But that's ok they are entitled to some profit (although I have been accused of not allowing dealers any profit for some reason on this forum). I'd say it's a good price. Anything around invoice is a good deal, and anything below is even better. Are you happy with the price?

Maybe someone else on here has purchased or was offered something different on the same model and trim and can let you know what they paid. I am looking at the same car, but in the 5 speed manual, so the prices are a little different.

Try emailing a few dealers in your area too. You might get a quote that's lower, you never know. I was emailing a honda dealer in Fairfax to inquire on his stock availability and he sent me an email with the info I requested and a quote that I didn't ask for...$900 below invoice without destination....I was shocked. Unfortunately they don't have the color or colors I am looking for. If you aren't in a hurry and have the time, take some time and email a few places. Best time to buy is end of the month if you can...sometimes you can get a little better price...not always. Good luck to you!!
  • nascar9900nascar9900 Member Posts: 48
    hhun - Check your math - I read Edmunds to say the Invoice on a Accord EX-L Auto Sedan is $23,428 before destination.

Buyer - The price quotes seems very low. Let us know if you actually get that price.
  • digitalnrgdigitalnrg Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I got a quote for $24,000 before tax for a 2 door Auto EX-L w/o navigation. According to Edmunds invoice, it's $24,156. Does anyone know is this an OK deal since I'm looking to sign the paperworks this Sat?

Much appreciated for any inputs.
    Yes, you are right...I wrote it down correctly on my paper and then typed it wrong...sorry...I guess that's what I get for trying to answer the phone and type in a hurry :) Thanks for correcting....
    Honda's 800 # customer service told me that about the addtional 1.5%

Would you please provide the number you called. The only reason I ask is because I just called, 1-800-999-1009 and spoke to Monica who is Customer Relations Manager and she flat out told me she has no idea about holdback or any other incentives (I even gave her my DLR # and my postion at the dealership) - other the national advertised or regional incentives to consumers.

As I stated in an earlier post, you are half correct. It's not called "balance transfer" it really has no name (atleast on the invoice) and it's a 1% credit of the MSRP before the destination charge (which just went up BTW).

The dealership get's the 1% on the dealer statement 30 days after the close of the previous months business.

Now, if you can get a dealer to go all the way back (the full 3%) then more power to you.

Good luck being a professional shopper :)
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    This is interesting - this 1% is in addition to the 2% holdback? So, whether it's called holdback or not, there's 3% (let's call it) "true holdback," correct?
  • rumblebumblerumblebumble Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Just to let you know of a deal I just completed today. Hope this helps someone.

Accord V6 EX-L Nav -- 27,569 OTD

Vehicle Price: 27,280 ($26,645 + $635 destination)
    Doc Fee: $ 198
    Title Fee: $ 5
    New Plates: $ 86
    5% Mass Sales Tax $1,364
    Total: $28,933

Price Pre Tax $27,569

I am in Massachusetts. This was a painless transaction. 20 dealers contacted last night, several replies today, and negotiated with the ones most interested in dealing.

Please let me know if you want to know more.
  • mpatel739mpatel739 Member Posts: 3
    I am in san francisco bay area. could you plese tell me where did yo buy honda accord EXL for this price. Is it out the door?

thank you

m patel
    Okay so after such a horrible experience at Riverside Metro yesterday (see post #20688 - http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/20687)

I went to the other dealership (Honda Santa Ana) and am a VERY happy customer. Did not even have to talk pricing at all (even without a written quote), the price agreed upon was honored and I was treated very nicely, given my experience from the day before it is a breath of fresh air to be treated so well and honestly. The internet/fleet guy was experienced very easy going, true relationship selling and personable.

I got a Nighthawk Black EX-L V6 Coupe AT - $26,100 (vehicle price no TTL), no problems at all, I was still somewhat bitter from the day before was very defensive and on guard to the sales manager when he came out to see if I'd be interested in adding a cosigner on the loan to see if they can beat the bank rate but understood when I firmly said no and I will leave immediately.

In the end they did beat the bank, barely but they did beat rate so got the loan under same terms, no problem giving the loan to the dealership

Day and Night from one dealership to another - the number quoted is the number received. No hassle. Also received - Wheel Locks, Splash Guards and 25% tint....at no extra charge.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - SANTA ANA HONDA
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    and which dealer would this have been? you can pm me if this violates forum rules
  • qt18qt18 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I'm new to buying a new car, but can you guys tell me how much you pay for (including OTD price) an 08 accord coupe v4 auto ex-L with navigation? If you're not for cali, can you also tell me your tax rate? Thank you so much in advance.
    Correct. Although it could be up to 60 days before the 1% shows on the dealer statement.
  • tatseatatsea Member Posts: 17
    I am in the market for an Accord with the same features. I am fairly new to this forum. Would you mind describing how you contacted the 20 dealers? Phone or email? Did you ask the dealers to give you the best quote or did you offer a set price and ask them to contact you if they would do the deal at that price?
  • sreeysreey Member Posts: 4
    I would appreciate if some one suggests me best OTD price for 2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P. I am planning to add Blue Tooth Hands free set as an accessory
    I am staying in VA looking to buy at dealers around VA MD