Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jncarsjncars Member Posts: 13
    I don't know. You have to itemize (TTL) tax, title and license and other fees such as doc., processing, etc. Some states have 10% tax and some have only 3%. So we have no way of knowing if your otd price is good or not.
  • hhunhhun Member Posts: 16
    Hi...sorry for the delay in response. I called the same number (taken off their website). I talked to some guy in customer relations (do not recall his name) and he didn't know the answer to my question about holdback being 2 or 3%. He put me on hold for several minutes and came back on the line with an answer of 2% holdback (which used to be 3% last year) and the 1.5% balance transfer. He had not heard of a balance transfer either until someone in the office mentioned it and he was not able to explain what it was exactly, except to say it was a percentage taken off MSRP. Unfortunately, I do not know who he asked or if he dialed another dept to find out, which is always possible. Sorry I can't be of more help in that regard. Take care. :)
  • levtomlevtom Member Posts: 12
    I agree. It's impossible to compare or rate deals using OTD price paid without subtracting out all of the TTL, document fees and included options costs,TTL's vary from state to state and doc fees can vary dealer to dealer. Financing options also flavor the deal complicating the comparison.
    Since I started following posts here to gauge my own buying situation, it always puzzled me why the prevalence on these boards has been to use OTD as the preferred comparison tool.
    I much prefer looking at price paid above or below Edmund's stated invoice price including destination fees as a better comparison tool. This is the info I tried to cull from posts I read here. Not always easy to "do the math", however.
    My own purchase details; EX 4cyl auto sedan w/o nav = $21,500 ($22,699 OTD) w 0.9 % financing. EX-L was offered at $23,500.
    Hope this helps someone as much as info here helped me.
  • halecphalecp Member Posts: 14
    I was browsing through this forum, and noticed a comment you made:

"fortunately i can wait till the aug/sept time frame, will aim for the end of those months as well. "

I am in the market for a new Honda Accord with the intent to buy within the next couple months. If i can wait until the aug/sept time frame to buy my Honda, should i? Are the incentives that much better than what i could get month end?

Any advice would be much appreciated. This is my first time buying a car. Thanks!
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    I got a 08 EX-L 4 cyl. auto sedan including destination last week for $23,000 plus tax and title here in Los Angeles. I also got the 2.9% financing. It came with locks and mudflaps which were included in the price. No haggling, this was the price I got over the internet and I have excellent credit so I qualified for the financing. I had similar offers from several dealers here in LA so hopefully wherever you are you can get the same price. Good Luck!
  • 07pilot4me07pilot4me Member Posts: 52
    as far as the incentives, i don't know if they will still be offering the special financing.

IMO, this is a "calculated gamble" i am willing to take

+ for me:
    new 09 models coming to dealerships, will need to clear out 08
    economy might still be in the doldrums
    not really depending on the special financing
    waiting till end of the month for even more "cuts"

- for me:
    might be slim picking for color and trim
    09 are expected to be the same, so if i miss on 08's how much markup can Honda really afford on a 2nd year car (year after re-design)

can anyone else vouch for my theory that aug/sept Honda Accord deals should be better than what we are seeing now??

let me know how your search goes, oh yeah another unscientific demand gauge i am measuring is the amount of posts on this topic. i believe this time last year this board had far more posts and inquiries, just my 2c's
    I got a sedan EX-L 4cyl. auto, including destination for $23,000 plus tax and title. I guess it was a good deal based on what I'm seeing other people pay for the same vehicle in other parts of the U.S. For once Los Angeles is cheaper for something..LOL

This was the same offer from several dealers here in Los Angeles. The 2.9% is good on these offers too, if you qualify.
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    Hey All!

Best price I've received so far is on EX-L V6 Sedan ...
    Sale Price - 26,187
    Tax - 1582.26
    Plate Transfer - 23
    Doc Fee - 184
    Additional 300 Off - 'Dealer Bonus'

$27,676 OTD

-----

Accord Accessories Pricses INC Install

All Season Mats - 129
    Trunk Tray - 137
    Interior Illumination - 169
    Deck Lid Spoiler - 383
    Wheel Locks - 75

Any comments on Accessories? Are the 'Heavy Duty' mats worth it? The Interior Illumination & Deck Spoiler seems really cool to me! :shades:
  • budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    For the 2008 Accord EX-L (CP2688JNW Sedan 4D Auto w/Leather w/o Navi or PZEV) the invoice price (including destination charge) is $24,097.98.

And you paid $23,000? How did you get it more than a full thousand dollars under invoice price?

Bud H
  • synergy3synergy3 Member Posts: 16
    I'm wondering the same and have seen a few people get it in the 23k-23.5k range, we paid 24,495 (confirmed purchase)
    we got ours at about the same 26,100, doc fee was 55

fyi and just in case, rear deck spoiler is standard on the v6 (the after market one is the one that is not flush and is raised off the trunk)
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    fyi and just in case, rear deck spoiler is standard on the v6 (the after market one is the one that is not flush and is raised off the trunk)

That may be the case for the Coupe, but not the Sedan.
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    Excellent deal as it includes Dest as well. Can you name the dealerships and locations to see what is closest to San Diego?

Thanks...

**** Edmunds says "You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information".
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    26,100. Was that the sale price or OTD price inc TTL?

-Thanks,
    All I can tell you is they are really competitive here in Los Angeles. I had this same offer at several other dealerships. I didn't even have to haggle, I just went in and they said no problem. Of course all my work was already done over the internet. It was $23,000 plus tax (8.25%) $55 doc fee and license. And 2.9% financing. I think because of the mortgage housing crisis out here in Los Angeles, they are really trying to sell cars.
    The three dealerships offering this deal were Hardin Honda in Anaheim, Sierra Honda in Monrovia and Honda of Hollywood. Try using their internet service, thats what I did.

Good Luck!
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    I got my LX-P automatic at Hardin Honda for 21,400 OTD. This was $1100 below invoice. Hardin will guarantee to beat any price quote by $100. It was no hassle for me. So getting an Accord for way below invoice is not unheard of.
  • bluewonderbluewonder Member Posts: 19
    08 Accord Ex sedan with auto transmission and cloth seats is 21929.00 plus 3% tax 398 doc fee and 74 tags. The out the door price is 23058.87.
  • accord08accord08 Member Posts: 2
    Any ideas what I should be looking at on this as far as pricing
    the MSRP is 34,100 Located in Louisville, Kentucky

Thanks, Adam

VEHICLE INFORMATION:

Year/Make: 2008 Honda
    Model/Trim/Transmission: Accord Sedan EX-L Automatic Transmission with Navigation System
    Exterior Color: Royal Blue Pearl
    Interior Color: Gray Leather

Accessories:

Remote Engine Start Attach
    Wing Spoiler
    Wood Trim
    Wood Steering Wheel Trim For Navigation Models
    Cargo Hook
    Trunk Tray
    Splash Guards
    All-season Floor Mats
    Body Side Molding
    Rear Bumper Applique
    Wheel Locks
    Fog Lights
    Fog Light Switch (auto)
    Remote Engine Starter System
    ahhh thats right only on coupes, sedan adds a nice touch :)
    26,100 sales price of vehicle (before TTL, no dealer added option costs and a doc fee of $55)...OTD was DMV fees and CA sales tax - 28,371
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I'd say lose the accessories. Pretty much all of them. No Accord should cost more than $30k, not even the V6 with Navigation. $34k for a 4-cylinder Accord is insane; its Infiniti G35 money.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    We are in a day now where a V6 auto coupe with Navi no trade can be had for $29,250 OTD ..... so $34,000 for ANY accord is stupid money.
  • bluewonderbluewonder Member Posts: 19
    please excuse the mispelling ...the title should read 4cyl EX...is this a good deal...I was sleepy when I typed it and just looked at it again this morning and noticed
  • murphthesurfmurphthesurf Member Posts: 1
    Ok tell me what you think. I think i did great pre finance office and maybe not on my A game in finance office. Background: I had a chapter 7, 9 months ago. So bad credit right. (this is after having tier 1 credit before the bankruptcy) So i go to dealer #1 because i like the coup I believe sit down no research get caught up in the moment leave a deposit so i can have them search for a car that right off the bat is 300 over invoice. A blue coupe with grey leather they say well find it for you. Well see if we can get you fianaced due to your bad credit setting me up allready. So I say to myself that was dumb no research and you put a deposit down. So i log on to edmunds like i always have done before buying a car and WHAT........The Coupe doesn't come in grey leather. they're search for a car that doesn't exist. So i go to Dealer 2 and I work my magic get him to 23700 463 under invoice,but walk because they dont offer me more for the trade Go home Read more on here and decide to get prefiananced and get 6.4% good more ammo also read a letter on this board that a guy emailed to all different dealers (PS Thank you to the author of that letter) and send it out to 6 dealers and get 23000 as lowest. But all within 200 of that. The fees are where they were getting you i saw doc fees for 350, 199, 185. so i start with negotiating OTD price and get my low at 25750. Get dealer #2 to drop it 100 more to 25650. which ment 22900 before all the fees (7% tax in NJ) Heres the delima. Fianance guy say if you take lojack the bumper to bumber that i wanted 8 yrs 100,000 (getting rid of a jetta that cost me at least $8000 in repairs since 2001)and Gap I'll lower your intrest to 3% and all change your payment. that would have 498 a month (no Money down) to 517 a month. 5 YR = only 980 extra over the course of the loan. How did i DO. PS dealer one is stalling on putting the deposit back on my credit card 2 trips there so far. ONE IN MY NEW CAR>

thanks Murph
  • hedonisushedonisus Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I am new to honda. I have got a deal for accord coupe EX OTD price 23950. This includes 7% tax (jersey) and destination charge + doc fee + registration.

Is this a good deal? Please advice.
    :confuse:
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Hi All,

Two months ago when I first started looking at the Accord Coupes, the dealer told me he could "deal" more on the V4 models. I went back on Saturday and see more V6 coupes in stock than V4 - makes me think the discount pendulum has now swung to greater discounts to be had on V6 models due to the ever rising prise of gas.

Any of you pricing a Honda Accord coupe noticed better deals are now to be had on the V6 models, and not on the V4 models???
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Your post was a bit hard (for me) to understand.

With a fresh banko, I'm very surprised that you could get financed at ANY rate.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    No such thing as a "V-4".

The 4 cyl models are more common and easier to get.

V-6's with NAVI are near impossible to get.
  • tbm4530tbm4530 Member Posts: 7
    What dealership in New Jersey did you get this deal for 23950? Did you get an automatic trans or manual?
  • accord08accord08 Member Posts: 2
    Got this back as quote from Sam Swope, what should I be at on this?:

Per your request the 2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L with Navigation is $30,850.00 +Tax, license, and fees. This includes all requested options.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You don't say what your requested options were, but the price you received ignoring the options is less then $100 below sticker, which in the car buying climate is a horrible deal. almost $31,000 for an Accord is shameful, you can get a 08 TL for less then that right now.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • mpatel739mpatel739 Member Posts: 3
    I bought honda accordEX-L,4cyl.,4dr, automatic transmission from anderson honda for $25232 out the door.Bobby cladwater was the sales lady and very courteous. I paid cash and took less than 1 hour to finish the transaction. This was the lowest I could get from all the bay area dealers. Took me 5 weeks to find the right dealership.
  • budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    How much out of that $25,232 were the "unavoidable costs"? (That is, sales tax, title/registration fee, etc that varies by state.)

Bud H
    SOCAL,

Again, you did really great. Thanks for the tip... Will let all know soon..
  • astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    I was looking for the same car recently. I figured it this way - invoice is $25,416 + destination $635. Total cost before TTL = $26,051. TTL will very based on where you live. But I am looking to try to get at least $500 under invoice if I can. I just started looking, but I am hoping to make a decision by 7/7 which is when the 2.9% financing ends. I also was trying to get the pro package (wheel locks, trunk liner and splash guards) thrown in. I was interested in the rear lip or wing spoiler as well, but haven't seen many pics with either of them on the car to make up my mind. I did receive a quote of $600.00 for the rear wing installed by one dealer. For that price it will have to really improve the cars appearance for me to add it.
  • don125don125 Member Posts: 4
    What is the good OTD price for 2008 Honda Accord 4 cyls, automatic in Dallas areas? Thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    If we don't know how much taxes are in Texas, it'll be tough to say. I for one, do not know.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    That sounds like a great deal. What did you pay, about $23k + TTL?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Not sure what a good price would be but the sales tax is 6.25% DMV Fees are $127.05, Doc Fees: $50.00, Texas Inventory Tax: .002543 X (Times) Car Price. Might want to use the search feature here, seem to recall a good price in the Houston area back in Apr.
    Seems like you got a good price although it would really help others make sense of it if your total cost is broken down into inv+dest plus all the other fees/options in the car.

A little over $25K OTD for the 4 cyl EXL, as you paid, surely is one of the better prices out there.
  • cuoinoncuoinon Member Posts: 18
    I just got a blue LX-P auto for 19.7K
    I would like to thanks everyone in this forum. W/o you guys I could not get it for that price.
    Thanks lot
  • hedonisushedonisus Member Posts: 4
    garden state is giving away this...this is auto transmission
  • astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    What state are you located in? I was quoted $500.00 for the pro package (wheel locks, mats, splash guards, trunk tray) All of these can be added later for a fraction of the cost. You should try to get them to throw them in on any deal you make.
  • hondasdhondasd Member Posts: 13
    Is this the retail price or OTD price? Any accessories include?
  • al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    23705.00 plus doc fee 149.00 ---and stripes and mud guards included.
    St. Louis Honda Internet Sales

This is a re-post but wanted to get this out there again for those shopping.
    Traded in 2007 CRV-FWD not 4WD got up to 31 mpg on that in fall with no heat,or air on 400 mile interstate trip 70mph. CRV great vehicle too long story about how trade happened.

Also have 2005 TSX and got 34 mpg on same trip. TSX in my opinion
    still a step up but love the Honda and would not pay the difference to get TSX again.
    It was retail price and has mud guards, pinstripe, 24hr roadside assit, rental, protection package, OTD( tax,title, dealer fee) was 21.4K. Other dealer gave me a lower price but OTD was too high
  • iceuiiceui Member Posts: 9
    what's your tax rate?
    Usually tax plus license fees are totally 10%. ... 19.7k+10%=21.6k without any additional add-on packages. thanks
    does any1 know the different b/w them/ which one is better?
    tax is 5% plus $50 and other add-on packages were included in the retail price