Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bluewonderbluewonder Member Posts: 19
    Hi I see you said Wilson...is this wilson, nc?....if so you might want to consider leith honda in raleigh.......i bought a 2008 honda accord ex last thursday....$21,892 + $424 for a deck lid spolier I added + 3% tax + tag/ registration ($74) + $398 doc fee for a total OTD price of $23,457.48....I think I might could have gotten them down just a wee bit more ...but...I wanted a specific color with a specific color interior and each lot I went to that color combo was missing.......I was worried I would have to get a 2nd choice color or wait for the 2009s ...your deal might be better ......but i was happy with their process it was quick and painless and they searched to find my color combo and drove it up from fayetteville ,nc......i was in the dealership for about an hour
  • nss167nss167 Member Posts: 8
    FYI-- I helped my father buy a new 2008 Accord LX-Auto in the DC area in mid-June. The price came to be $19015 for the car ( includes destination ) PLUS--Processing 89, VA Tax 3% and Vehicle registration/plates 128. Grand total $19806 along with 2.9% AHFC for 60 months.

KEY STEPS IN THE PROCESS:

I first emailed the individual dealer web sales people or got automated quotes from their websites on the first two days. Then I emailed OR called some of the sales folks who responded. In my email I said I am looking for the lowest price as it is the end of the model year and threw out a lowball number 18500 Plus Tax and Tags only. Then I called and got a few to price match since I had quotes in my email in-box. (AUTOMATED QUOTES FROM DEALERS ARE THE BEST FOR THIS)

Final step was to go to the dealer in person on the 3rd day and see if the cars offered had an "Appearance Package" which most of the low offers did. But I was clear that I did not want that then either they said they could drop it or could not. So I learned that :shades: this is the key question to ask when talking about low price offers.

Finally, on day 4, I received a simple email from Sport Honda In Silver Spring MD and I called the rep immediately. Since I already knew what the lowest prices were that week due to my emails, I told her I was at the tail end of the process and I was looking for the best deal and looking to conclude that day. She gave me the best price and confirmed that there was no appearance package on the car along with my desired color, all on the phone. I said I already had financing from Navy Federal and NO trade in (SIMPLIFY THINGS FOR YOURSELF SINCE ALL THESE DEALS HAVE VARIOUS MOVING PARTS)

In the end I spoke to her respectfully and made clear I was PRICE SHOPPING and she treated me with respect as well knowing it was a quick purchase. Now obviously the manager has the final say but I did not need to go that far b/c the numbers were to my liking.

We were in there for about 2 hours picking up the car. Finance guy was very nice, no hard sell at all and we ended up applying for and received 2.9% AHFC Financing and were done with it.
  • sangdsangd Member Posts: 4
    Hi Alex,

That is Anderson Honda.

I also got a quote from Dublin Honda today for 23495+TLL
  • junk4usjunk4us Member Posts: 14
    The lowdown:

Received internet pricing but got them to lower it by about $500.

29,400 OTD
    Includes 3% NC tax, $74 tags, and $398 doc fee.

Did not purchase the same day (Friday)since I did not have a NC DL or ID (required to purchase a vehicle). Already made arrangements to come in next week after I get a chance to go to the DMV.

A manager calls me on Monday and ask what he can do to get me in there to buy the car. He wouldn't go down on the price. He was willing to help pay $200 towards the camera or the spoiler. Not both. So we took the camera, something we wanted anyways.

So new total is: 29,866.14 OTD.
    Includes:
    Tax 856.14
    Reg 74
    Doc 398.14

We did purchase the warranty there, but I will cancel that and order online via Saccuci Honda.

Buying Experience:
    I requested online quotes. The dealership I went to gave me the lowest quote. I originally got a quote for a V6 EX-L w/o Nav for 27,300 OTD. When they couldn't go down on the price w/nav, the salesman mentioned that it was possible to get the EX-L w/o nav for 27k.

When we went to crunch the numbers, my name was already in the system because of the online quote request. I've read that people were able to get lower prices negotiated by going in and not doing the internet quotes. If you want to start a fresh deal, then I recommend that you use a friend's name instead.

Everything was done on the computer screen. We watch him type messages to the manager and saw the responses. The numbers were all there for us to see.

We went in with the intent of buying an EX-L w/o nav so I was unprepared for the nav. From what I've been reading, unless you are in southern california where there's a honda dealership every 4 blocks, this is a pretty good price. It may not be the best price, but we didn't get the worst price. There are only 4 dealerships within a 30 mile radius. I even went as far as Virginia for a quote.

I could not wait any longer to buy a car. I just moved to the area and borrowed a relative's car. Otherwise, I would wait another month or two.
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    If you don't mind, what dealer did you go to in NC?
    Autopark Honda in Cary. They had the lowest internet pricing. I found that they are willing to go down a few hundred from the special pricing but not much more. If you want the salesman name, send me a message.
  • nautica35nautica35 Member Posts: 11
    When do you plan to purchase it?
  • tangqvtangqv Member Posts: 1
    Automatic, Brand New, I was offered 19,000 OTD(including tax, title, and license). Decent deal? Thank you.
  • ljgbjgljgbjg Member Posts: 374
    What model? Decent deal or not? Check Edmunds for invoice, add destination charge. Anything near or less than that is a good deal - forget taxes, and dealer should charge no more than $150-200 for paperwork.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sounds good to me since this is soon to be a two year old car.
    "Hi I see you said Wilson...is this wilson, nc?....i"

Yep, Wilson NC - I live in Roanoke Rapids. Our local dealer only has 3 cars I'd be interested in, an EX-L and two EX-L V6es. Rocky Mount, Wilson, Raleigh, and Durham dealers all have some pretty decent inventory so I'm shopping around quite a bit. It's decision time - looks like I sold my Beetle today so I'll need to get serious about the process now.
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Just wanted to share the details on my '08 Accord EXL Sedan MT purchase today. Purchase was from Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg, PA. Could probably have waited a little longer to get a better price, but they were the only Central PA dealer that had the MT in the trim and color combination that I preferred so I couldn't run the risk of pushing the envelope on price. Obviously the MT is not in big demand, but also has a limited inventory to negotiate against. Faulkner was also the best on price in the area by about $300-$400. Except for a small downpayment the entire car was financed at .9% APR. They also tried to sell me the Honda extended warranty, and dropped their price on it to $1,250, but would not sell it for the internet price of $915, so I passed. Here is the breakdown of the deal. Hope it helps someone with their purchase.

Base price w/destination: $23,250 [Approximately $160 under invoice]
    Dealer Doc Fees: $55
    Accessories installed: splash guards: $134; Body side moulding: $246
    6% Sales Tax: $1,417
    Official Fees/Tags/Title: $120
    Total loan finance charge: $348
    Total OTD: $25,570
  • nitlsunitlsu Member Posts: 7
    For those interested - this is in DFW.

Price: $23,400 (incl. destination)
    TTL: $1280 (lower than normal since I got 7000 on my trade-in).

Dealer threw in the EPP (Environmental Protection Package), splash guards, tinting, trunk tray and all-season mats for another $300.
    Got the 0.9% financing for 3 yrs.
    Thanks for everyone who helped on the forum
  • accord_owneraccord_owner Member Posts: 3
    '08 Accord Sedan EX-L w/Nav, 4-Cyl, AT
    Pro-Pack: wheel locks, floor mats, splash guards (no tinting or trunk tray, though)

Los Angeles, 90049
    Price: $25,405
    w/Fees, Taxes: $27,977.81 (There was a security fee of $165 I could have prolly negotiated)
    $0 down, 0.9%APR for 36 mos
    Total Paid-Off Amount after 36 mos: $28,367.64
  • austinterryaustinterry Member Posts: 4
    Hi Nitlsu -

I'm trying to wrap up a deal this weekend - $23,400 seems to be good price for TX - do you mind telling me the name of the dealer?
    I'm still stuck in the $24K range in Austin/San Antonio area.

Thanks
    Here are the quoted prices for the EX-L and EX-L V6 from Hubert Vester Honda in Wilson, NC:

2008 Honda Accord EXL
    Automatic Transmission
    Your Price $23,527 ($24,157 w/destination)

2008 Honda Accord EXL V6
    Automatic Transmission
    Your Price $25,515 ($26,145 w/destination)

Prices with destination in parentheses are my own calculations, not quotes from dealer.
    Is this the out the door price? I'm assuming it doesn't since you are including destination. Does it include NC tax (3%), doc fees, and tag? When you e-mail or call for pricing, ask for OTD price. Usually they will give you a base fee (including destination) and plus tax, doc, and tags
  • suiosuio Member Posts: 42
    Traded my CRV with the 08 Civic about a week ago. Love the mileage on the new Civic. Plan to trade in my PILOT or Ody for a Accord.

Anyone got below invoice + TTL price on the 08 Accord LX-P recently in Houston Texas area? Plan to get one in the next 7 days.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I'm in the same situation. Would love to trade the Pilot but the market has collasped on 'em.
  • electronboyelectronboy Member Posts: 3
    Here's another datapoint for everyone, i took the car home on 6/14/08:

$28,312.60 (OTD)

Breakdown:
    26,305.00 (car + destination + mudguards)
    1841.35 (7% indiana tax, yep its insane high!)
    16.25 (tire fee)
    150.00 (doc fee)

Car was purchased in my hometown of indianapolis, but i called several dealers in central indiana and columbus ohio area. The lowest guys seemed to be hanging around invoice or a little less. After i got that price from a local dealer i told him exactly what car i wanted. He didn't have in stock but he found one in kentucky. Someone drove the car to indy...i didn't have to pay extra for that.

The purchase was very smooth. Definately follow the advice offered by many others of calling several dealerships and getting quotes. It will keep you from getting ripped off. Hope this info helps!
  • iceuiiceui Member Posts: 9
    Almost bought an accord...
    but in the last minute, dealers told me that I did not qualify for 0.9%APR 36months due to the fact that I have no car loan history, though I do have >760 credit score with more than 8 year credit history.
    They asked me to use their loan of 5.x%.

Is it a trick or is it the requirement of Honda bank? Thanks!
  • panthersfan16panthersfan16 Member Posts: 3
    I just received a price quote for a Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Accord Coupe 4cyl. EX for 21,525, including destination! This seems eerily low...especially for a coupe. I'm pretty skeptical, especially since this was this was their initial quote, which was lower than all of my other quotes for the LX-S. I emailed 14 other dealerships and every single one of them told me either I was lying or that this price was just too low to compete with. One said they could beat it by 200, but when I inquired further I found out I would have to pay for all the add-ons to the car, which had tint, rims, a spoiler, protection package, and one other add on that I don't remember.

I got all the specs for the car and the deal in writing, including them allowing me to use the 4.99 financing, however, the lady won't give me a breakdown of the taxes and fees, and when I inquired to make sure that there were no add-ons, she said there were no additional add-ons but what we discussed. Our initial conversation was on the phone so there is no record of the discussion saying that there were no add-ons!

I tend to be a skeptic and this deal seems to easy and too good to be true...what do you folks think?
    Thanks. I'd like to know that salesman's name but can't seem to figure out how to send you a private message about this, nor can I figure out how to show my email address in my profile so here it is: teisenmenger at charter.net. Thanks.
  • ldj21ldj21 Member Posts: 2
    I currently am leasing a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder for $450/mo for 36 mo (12 miles per yr)….my lease will be up in December 09…..and due to the crazy gas prices, I wanted to return the lease early and lease another vehicle, such as the Accord, Passat, or Altima…How do I go about getting a new lease deal so that I can get a great deal? Or should I just wait it out until my lease is over? Anyone have any info about leasetrader.com? Thanks for all of your help!!
    A silly question, I know, and we all know that dealerships reward bonuses to salespeople based upon their month's sales at the end of the month so normally June 30 would be a better day to buy than, say, July 1. However, we also know that many promotions now in effect (such as Honda's special 0.9/2.9% financing) don't expire until July 7.

I'm preparing to purchase a new Accord and have sold my current car to finance the purchase, but my buyer can't make good until Tuesday, July 1. This, then, is the earliest date when I can negotiate and sign for a new Honda. I'm hoping that, aside from the financing, other incentives will be in place after June 20 to stoke salesreps' enthusiasm to make a sale at a great price. Any idea whether this is the case and that the end of June from a Honda sales rep's perspective is really the July 4 weekend?
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    End of month is end of month. Call some dealers on Monday.
  • nautica35nautica35 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,

I just purchased yesterday a new 2008 Honda Accord Sedan in California. I did not do my research on Extended Service Warranties because I wasn't going to purchase one.

Unfortunately, he was able to sell the 7-year/100,000k Extended Service Warranty from Honda Care. The salesman told me that if I were to purchase it later, it would be $2,295. But if I bought it on the spot, I would get the special internet price of $1,601. I eventually got him to package the warranty with the alarm system ($695 Retail) for $1,795.

I am looking now and seeing some online prices for under $1,000 for the same policy from Honda Care. I am really upset now because I feel I got duped on the Extended Service Warranty.

So my question is, would I be able to cancel my Extended Warranty from Honda Care? Will it depend on the dealer? They did not go over any cancellation policy, so I don't know if there is one. If I can definitely cancel it, I'm thinking about just go without an extended warranty seeing that it's really not worth it.

Does anyone think this is a bad deal? or decent deal? I just feel like he tricked me on the pricing of the warranty. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex
  • nitlsunitlsu Member Posts: 7
    Hi AustinTerry,

The dealer is David McDavid Honda in Frisco. You probably want to get an internet quote from them and start negotiating with that. But bottom line - they have quite a few Accords on the lot and they want to get rid of them and they are definitely willing to do business....

They still try to stick it to you with the EPP and the PRO PACK but then which dealer doesn't :) . Those prices are also extremely negotiable.
    OK, then, if I do so and come to an agreement with a dealer, I visit the dealer and test-drive the car and sign some papers with a deposit - does that constitute a sale as far as the dealership is concerned?

Of course, the economy is so sour that perhaps it really doesn't matter whether the sale is made June 30 or July 1 in terms of getting a great deal?
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    That's B.S. With your credit score and history, you definitely qualified for the 0.9% for 36 month. They just want to take more money from you by doing what they are trying to do.
  • levtomlevtom Member Posts: 12
    Don't know about the Coupe or financing you cited, but I bought sedan version (black on black) last month for $21,500 with 0.9% financing. If that's your 1st quote, you may yet do better.
    Good luck!
    Hi levtom,
    Do you have a car loan history to qualify for 0.9%apr financing?
    Thanks!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You are responsible for the remaining lease payments.

I would suggest sticking it out until the end or you will pay dearly.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Not such a silly question

In reality it isn't going to make much difference.
    Thanks, that's what I'd hoped.
    If he hasn't submitted the loan paperwork yet, it is doable. Call the Finance guy ASAP, first thing on Monday and cancel it. If the paperwork went through, then you will have to wait until you get your first bill to write to them to cancel. Call up Seducci Honda or the online place and ask them if you can buy the warranty later when your current one is cancelled.

FYI, I was quoted 8/120k/dissapearing deductable (none paid if brought back to the dealership where I bought the car) for $1995.
  • levtomlevtom Member Posts: 12
    Hi iceui,
    I have no car loan history. Believe it or not, this is my 1st ever auto loan.
    I've been lucky to have been able to always pay cash. The salesman never tried to sell me on another finance plan. Once he did the math, it was a "no brainer" to do the loan and leave my $ in the bank. I was told, by law in Mass., that there are no pre-payment penalties.
    I don't know my credit score. But, I have no debt of any kind.
    With your good credit score, it sounds like another money making prop for the dealer! Lord knows they have many ways to make a buck. Hell, it cost me $250 for the honor of doing business (damn doc fees)!
  • davidddddavidddd Member Posts: 5
    I am in Pgh, PA and am going to purchase this vehicle in Polished Metal Metallic

My best price is
    $24,344+594=$24,938

Car $24,938
    Tax $1,745.66
    Title $111
    OTD $26,794.66

I am getting the EX V6 with the wing spoiler and splash guards.

Is this the best I am going to get?

Dave
    $25950 in NJ, and I bought for $26,050 in Albany, NYfor EXL V6 Sedan - including destination
    I just bought the I4 Accord Coupe EX in black/black, from Buena Park Honda. After a little bit of negotiating over the phone, I got the price down to 22,500, which is invoice. There were two quotes that were even lower, one for 22,063 and one for 22,363, but neither of them could produce the color I wanted, and Buena Park knew this and wouldn't budge any closer to these prices. The service there was excellent, and when I told them I needed to be at work in a couple of hours, they did not run me around or try to sell me accessories or warranties that I did not want. I was out of there in 2 hours. It would have been faster but I took my time inspecting the car and got caught up in some off-topic conversation with the finance manager.

I went to Moss Bros. Honda in Moreno Valley earlier, and after verifying the specifics of the deal, and then driving an hour to get there, I was baited-and-switched. The people there were shysters. They told me that the car I wanted was available, 3x over email and 2x over the phone. It turned out, it was available, just not from them, or any of the dealers that they could trade with. I was really annoyed, and eventually got the salesman to admit that he did this on purpose. As I was walking out, another salesman was actually having a shouting match with a lady that he had been working on a deal with when I had first arrived there. I have been a waiter at a restaurant for 2 years, so I know how rude and irritating people can be. However, it is extremely unprofessional to yell at a customer, except under extreme circumstances, and after this experience I will never go back to Moss Bros., nor will I recommend them to anyone that I know.

Overall, I would like to thank all the people on this forum. I have been lurking since march, researching and taking notes, and I really feel like I got a good deal on the car I wanted. I hope this information helps out others in SoCal.

Btw Sierra Honda and Spreen Honda's internet managers were very courteous and helpful, and I would recommend doing business with them as well...
    Hi panthersfan16,

How is your financing? Pay off or 0.9%apr or 5.x%apr?
    I'm struggling the 0.9% apr and need more input at it. Thank you very much in advance!

Thanks a lot as well for the great comments of tracemiller and levtom!!!
  • astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    Not bad. I am just finishing up my purchase on an EX-L V6 sedan with lip spoiler and protection pkg (wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray) for $26,000 + TTL. I don't know how much more the "L" package costs, but no other dealer in my area could touch this price. My OTD price is going to be around $27,700.
  • halecphalecp Member Posts: 14
    Panthersfan16,
    Was the Coupe you purchased manual or automatic? Leather or cloth interior? What financing rate did you receive? Thanks!
    $26,000 for the car, including your equipment, is excellent. Congratulations. Hope the VCM is ok for you. Did you read the VCM forum? Have you driven the actual car you will be buying? You MUST.
    To iceui and halecp: I received the 4.99% graduate financing. They offered me 4.84, but I wanted to defer the payments for a couple of months, which wasn't allowed with the lower rate. I actually just saw a guy complaining about them not giving him the promotional rate because his credit didn't have an auto loan on it. I am 20 years old, and the only thing on my credit are two credit card that I have had since I turned 18...I've never missed a payment, and not only did I qualify, I did not need a cosigner either.

The car I purchased was Automatic, with cloth interior.
  • davidddddavidddd Member Posts: 5
    I agree that price is a SLAM dunk the best I can get on an EX-L is $28,786.

I can't justify the $1,900 more price right now over the EX

Dave
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Sorry Alex, you got screwed. It's an expensive lesson, but one you will never forget. Never go into any negotiation unprepared and never buy an extended warranty, they are a waste of money. I'm afraid your stuck, there is no way the dealer will refund you any money, just be prepared next time and take someone with you who you can use as a sounding board.
  • houstononehoustonone Member Posts: 7
    I'm confused on how people are getting Accord EX-L Auto Sedans i4 for $23000 plus ttl.

I've sent out ten quote requests to dealers here in Houston. I also have a friend that works at a Honda dealer in Clear Lake area. He is telling me invoice is $23,518 plus the $635 destination plus about $200 for the HDAG advertising fee (Honda Dealer Advertising Group fee).

Does anyone know the true invoice? One dealer told me that $22,750 is a $1371 loser for the dealership on this car. None of the numbers work together.

Any one cable of clearing up this Houston conundrum? I want to buy an Accord today.
  • judyland90judyland90 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an Black Accord EXlL 4cyl. without nav for 25,430 out the door. (7.5% tax) Now is the time to buy. I say go to the dealership and make the deal face to face. When you show up they know you are serious.

0.9%
    Edmunds lists invoice at $23,428 plus the $635 destination fee.