Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    Yeah, and I'm just the kind of person that would dwell on not getting something that I truly wanted. I would still drive my '96 Accord, but think it may be time to treat myself. There are only 3 Honda dealerships in my area. I'd need to travel 2,500 miles before I can find a higher density of dealerships. So you can pretty much figure out that I live on an island (Oahu). I guess I shouldn't complain too much. That is why I'm looking in to ordering one. I'm probably not going to get a good deal using that route of course.
  • icepoloicepolo Member Posts: 9
    Im planning of buying my very own 1st car :) and need some assistance in price quotes. What is your OTD price for the Accord Coupe EX (MT) '08? :confuse: What dealer did you go to, if you live in NYC?

Thanks for da infput.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Iselll - if you reread his post, satire knows he overpaid.

I am sorry you have to justify how some people need to feel good about being charged much more than others are paying.

At the end of the day he spent about $1,500.00 more than he should have. How can anybody feel good about that?
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    Well that pretty much explains that. Oahu, spent two weeks there during Easter 08. Had the best time of my life. Driving around the island will be fun with an MT. Grab a lunch plate special for me, better yet a bowl of fresh poki. Good luck finding the dream car.
  • xiaozhuxiaozhu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just bought a new accord EX 2008 with cargo net, splash guard and all season mat.
    total price is $22344 + tax + $164 reg fee = $23737.50

Is this a decent deal?

Thanks/Chong
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    I spoke to their internet dept. manager at Hardin Anaheim she gave me $23,800 plus ttl.EXL 4 auto. They might go lower if I am there in store. This month they dont have incentives like previous month. You got a great deal at $23,000 right? I will wait, I still have my 2003 Pilot
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    EXL-V6, Leather, Upgraded sound. Looks like you kicked butt at 24165. Good job. These are the cars in NORCAL dealer don't want to discount.
    Hi
    June incentives was great it gives consumers some discount. So what would be a good deal on EXL 4cyn sedan auto for July/August. What's the true invoice on these? I get $24,300 and $24,500 in OC/Socal. Should I wait til Sept when new Accord 2009 to get deep discount? Thks
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Yeah I guess I did based on what I see posted here. It was a no hassle situation at Honda of Hollywood when I bought my car (early June). Honda of Hollywood was just like the quoted me, they didn't try to pull any tricks.

Hardin gave me a quote of $23,600 (included dest.) plus TTL which was good. I'm sure if you go into the dealership you could knock off a few hundred more. Also make sure you ask about add ons, they all do it and they are negotiable. We here in SoCal are lucky, we seem to be able to get better deals because of the competition.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    Isellhondas-
    He admitted he overpaid. My post acknowledged that some people don't want to hassle with getting the lowest price. I am not kicking the guy for overpaying. That's his choice. I am trying to help other people who are buying cars not to believe the crap you salespeople tell them. Most of us "sell" for a living but car salesmen just say the same old BS sale after sale after sale. I have bought a lot of new cars in my life so I KNOW. Just be HONEST for a change. By COMPLETELY HONEST and see how it feels when the sale comes through. You feel really good. When I get a new client, in my law practice, I know I am doing the RIGHT thing for THEM. Not my pocket book. Doing the right thing keeps clients coming in the door. Honesty is the best policy. How on earth lawyers score lower than car salesmen on integrity tests, of how people view us, I will never know.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "How on earth lawyers score lower than car salesmen on integrity tests, of how people view us, I will never know."

LOL - have you ever watched afternoon TV? The day is filled with personal injuy lawyers trying to get new clients :)
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    hi mplshondadlr

What are you letting EXL I4 auto's go for? I am close to the minni area and wanted to know the current sale price without any cash incentives.
  • missmelmissmel Member Posts: 13
    I have been shopping around for 2008 Honda Accord Coupe E-XL and the best price given to me is $25663 out the door. Many dealers are saying it is a very aggressive price so they either A) do not want to even match it or B) some do offer to match it but cannot do better. I was hoping to get some opinions on whether or not you think it is a good price or if I could get it lowered? Thanks :)
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    $24298.00. We only have two left with three slated for arrivial from the factory before months end. My dealership is down to a 17 days supply of 4door Accords and a four days supply of Civic's.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    LOL - have you ever watched afternoon TV? The day is filled with personal injuy lawyers trying to get new clients

I can't argue with you on that. :)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I don't really need a lecture on ethics. I am a very HONEST person.

In my former life, I soent a lot of time in courtrooms and depositions.

Please don't get me started on trial lawyers.

It's just that I see people coming to these forums seeking approval AFTER they have made thier purchase. Usually when they do this, someone will quickly tell them that they paid too much.
    Isell, I too believe you are an HONEST person. The trouble is that too many in your profession simply are not. There are case studies all over these boards to prove this.....
    I totally agree with you and this is EXACTLY why car shoppers should ask friends and family for a referral instead of simply trying to find the lowest price.

They will usually pay the same or less and have a good experience at the same time.

The shoppers who only care about PRICE often are prey for the shady stores and salespeople.
    Agreed! .....(it was bound to happen!)
    Coupes have been tough. not the best of sellers so there aren't many out there.
    I am also looking at the 4 cylinder. By out the door I mean everything included - tax, tag transfer, dealer fees, and vehicle price. I've been told the invoice is around $24500 by a few dealers but not sure how much truth there is to that?
    Does anyone know when the 2009 model comes out???
  • rpg55rpg55 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy 08 EXL-V6 no nav, Black on Black in Rockville MD area. Got several quotes around the same amount $26,169 before sales tax. haven't negotiated yet, think I can get it lower?
  • tsc2tsc2 Member Posts: 5
    Would you buy an 08 LX-P auto that already has ~1500 miles on it at a decent discount ($19200 before TTL)? The dealership is also willing to throw in wheel lock and splash guard. The problem is that there isn't many "brand new" LX-P out there. Please advise.

Anybody has bad experience in the past buying demo model like this? My biggest concern is that the "break-in period" might be very important.

Thanks!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I'd be more concerned it has something wrong with it, and the buyer has gotten fed up with it and dumped it at financial loss to them.

There's a number of reasons why a vehicle could be put up for sale again so quick. One could be that the owner defaulted on the loan or lease, and it's a repo. Another could be that the owner after purchasing had buyers remorse, and upgraded to a higher trim version. Could be the owner after driving it, determined that they just didn't really like it for extended driving. Could also be it has a problem, and the owner has gotten fed up with it.

Personally, I'd either buy new.....or a number of years where the depreciation hit has been taken. A well negotiated new purchase might only be slightly more than this used one.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Look at the tab at the top of the page labeled NEW CARS, click it and you can tell in about 30 seconds what invoice price is.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • tsc2tsc2 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your advice! I guess I will forget about this demo. Just for curiosity, if this car was returned by any customer after he/she drove it for a while (~1000 miles), the car must has been registered. There should be record of this?
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    I just bought a LX Auto on July 3rd. I got the LX package + all weather floor mats,mud guards and trunk tray ($500.00 value) and paid $20,700 "Out the Door"
    and got 2.9% financing for 5 years. It stickered for $21,800 + $500.00 in options so I felt like I got a good deal. My tax rate is 6.5%
    thanks
    Doug in Ohio
    After some research on other sites and this one invoice is $23518 not $24500 like dealers have been telling me. Thanks for the help.
  • ffloyd25ffloyd25 Member Posts: 5
    what state do you live in that you can get 25500 out the door? I'm going to go get a formal quote today here in san diego and see what they'll do...
    I live in Florida. I am not quite at $25500 out the door but that would be nice! What would you say is a good deal for this car? Let me know what they offer you when your done today.... :)
  • bacchuswngbacchuswng Member Posts: 9
    After reading everyone's discussions and asking some questions of my own, I figured I'd chip in on my own experiences. I was shopping in the Austin/San Antonio/Round Rock areas, and I ended up buying a red ext./black int. automatic Accord LX-S coupe for $21,200 pre-TTL; after a $3,000 "trade-in" (Drive Clean Across Texas voucher program) and TTL, it came out to $19,550.

The best offer I got in Austin/Round Rock was $21,400 pre-TTL. I got my car at Gillman Honda in San Antonio. Not too much pressure on the warranties, altho the finance manager offered the extended warranty "at cost" ($600-700). I still declined.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help! Although I wish it were a manual transmission, there were only 4-5 of them on sale in the state of Texas, and no dealer nearby was able to locate one. Oh well, I still love my new coupe :). Quite an upgrade from my old 1993 Honda Civic DX (with missing right side mirror):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bacchuswng/2660018663/
    You are neglecting to add the destination charge of 670.00.
    The price given to me is with EVERYTHING included. Good price or not?
    so the price i was given today was 23818.00 plus tax title license etc.. for the EX-L 4cyl. just 300 above invoice. I assume if they were to do that this quick without much negotiation then they would go lower? offered me 1500 for my 1998 Jetta which is low but overall sounds like a pretty reasonable deal especially given the current Honda financing specials...
  • dloemtdloemt Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/Nav- $30,800 OTD. I believe that is a fair price at about 1K over invoice. I've not met a dealer yet that will give me invoice out the door. I'd like to walk out at 29k even, but I'm not confident in that price. Am I on the right track?
  • dreamchaser321dreamchaser321 Member Posts: 24
    What's the name of the dealer that provided you with this quote?

Thanks,
    Danny
    I was at the dealer today (SoCal) they offer me $23,300 for EXL 4cyn auto. plus TTL . I did not do it cuz they offer me too low on my trade in. After July 4 weekend sale , the dealership look pretty empty. I think you can get lower. Good luck
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    EXL V6 auto coupe with NAV can be had for $29,500 OTD so 29 even OTD is definitely doable for a sedan.
    thanks i'll see what they'll do.. Its weird since first they said they wouldnt go below MSRP and now they are close to invoice. So do dealers actually pay the invoice price ? Are there big kickbacks from Honda to a dealer just for the sale, for the financing etc in order for them to sell it for around or less than invoice? The price I got was in So Cal too - San Diego.
  • jncarsjncars Member Posts: 13
    What I think Isellhondas meant was your invoice price didn't include the destination charge of $670. The real invoice price should be $24,188. ($23,518 + $670 = $24,188).
  • ocean08ocean08 Member Posts: 1
    We are currently looking at buying a new sedan. We have narrowed it down to the Honda Accord - either a LX or EX 4-Dr Sedan and the Nissan Altima 2.5S. We are wondering what deals people are currently receiving so we know what to expect. Since taxes are different in every state, we'd like to know actual prices paid before taxes, title and registration fees for each model, when bought and what incentives your dealership had, if any. We'd also be interested in what you like/dislike about each model.
  • nardisnardis Member Posts: 4
    Does $23,300 include destination charge?
    Stay close to this price cuz the economy is slow. This is also depends on the dealership inventory. Remember the 2009 Accord is coming soon late August. Dealers need to make room. Again, you will have more selections now than later. Best price $23,300 des. included plus ttl in O.C so far. I am gonna list my 2003 Pilot this week to sell. Hopefully, soon I can get my EXL. good luck
    Yes, $23,300 plus ttl only
    " So do dealers actually pay the invoice price"

Yes. Honda likes being paid for the cars they ship us.

" Are there big kickbacks?"

No, just rumors to that effect.
  • nardisnardis Member Posts: 4
    Invoice for 4cyl automatic EX-L sedan is $24,098 including destination charge.. So do you mean that it is about $800 cheaper than invoice?
    so why are they willing to sell at a price lower than invoice +destination charge? I did not negotiate long before given the #23818 when supposed invoice is 23518 + dest charge..
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Before I went to buy my Accord, the dealership sent an email to me that they were accepting any aggressive pricing because it was the end of month and they wanted to move as many cars as possible to meet their so call "quota". I decided to take the lowest price that I saw on edmund's forum here and asked them if they can beat the price and they told me yes. So, because of that, I got my 08 Accord LX-P for $1,100 below invoice.
    I have no idea.

They certainly have the right to lose as money as they want to I suppose. :confuse: