Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    You can definetly do better. I just purchased a EXL-V6 sedan for $25,375.00 + TTL in Michigan a couple of weeks ago. Plus I received the 2.9% financing they offered in June.
  • cazneedsacarcazneedsacar Member Posts: 8
    Hey everyone, I've been a reader but not a poster on these boards for the past few months, and have found them to be a great help. I just leased a 2008 accord v6 coupe, and i think i got a pretty good deal. I thought i would share the numbers with you:

Long Island, New York
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe silver/black NO NAV
    MSRP 28310 + 660 Dest.
    36 mos, 12K, through Honda Finance
    residual 15919
    mf .00186
    $1850 up front (tax, title, fees, NO 1st payment etc)
    also $200 cap cost reduction paid up front
    $365/mo
    Sales tax rate is 8.65%

Again, i think this is a good deal, and i wanted to share. If not, well, oops its too late. The car is absolutely gorgeous. IMO the 18" rims and foglights make all the difference on the 6-cyl vs the 4.

Thanks again everyone for posting these things that have definitely made me somewhat more knowledgeable about the leasing process.
  • riteshdasriteshdas Member Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me what would be the OTD with the breakup for 2008 Honda Accord LX Sedan in Arizona - I am from Phoenix and Sales Tax is 8% I guess.

Does anyone know a good dealer in and around Phoenix if you got a deal recently?
  • pj1369pj1369 Member Posts: 16
    Hey-

I live in the DC metroplex and I'm looking at getting an Accord EX-L I4 Auto w/ NAV. After doing some research and noticing the car is selling for 24.8K+TTL in some areas, I was thinking about aiming to getting the Sedan with the above specs for $24.5K (+TTL) or Coupe for $24.7K (+TTL). Is this too agressive or do these sound like good price points?

The dealerships near here seem to have tons of Accords in stocks (but the civics are flying off the lots).

Additionally, I'm buying two cars at the same time - hoping it will help in negotiation. The Accord mentioned above and a Civic LX Auto Coupe for hopefully invoice price of $100 to $200 below.

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
  • halecphalecp Member Posts: 14
    thegraduate, I wanted to run a quote i got on the above by you.

$22,381.07 (after dest) + $250 (doc fee) + $1527.59 (OH tax 6.75% ) + $5 (title fee)

$24,163.07 OTD. They also want to charge me a "registration fee" but would provide me with a price over the internet which makes me somewhat skeptical. I've emailed a handful of dealerships, and no other dealers are charging registration fees; standard seems to be doc fee @ $250 and a license fee @ $25.
    Overall is this a good quote?
  • smithsincsmithsinc Member Posts: 15
    Guys,

Based on your experience etc., what would be a good deal OTD for a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L w/o Navigation + BlueTooth as an option. I am in the North Carolina so the sales tax here is 3%. Also if you know of a reasonable Honda dealer who is will to be fair to the customer without any gimic, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and keep the posts coming.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I'm not sure what a "registration" fee actually is?

They are giving you the car at invoice EXACTLY ($21,711+670dest), plus the doc fee. You should be able to either ask them to remove the doc fee, or get another $250 off the price, since doc fees are set by the dealer, and unlike destination charges, are negotiable. Many states have a cap on them limiting those to, at most, one or two hundred dollars.

I'd ask for $22,000 even + doc + TTL, or for them to remove the doc fee. It's not a bad deal WITH the doc fee assuming it is the color and trim level you want.

PS: I assume this is an automatic transmission? If it isn't, the price should be $800 lower than it already is ($21,581 vs. $22,381).
    Sedan or Coupe? 4-cyl? Automatic or Manual?
  • missmelmissmel Member Posts: 13
    the graduate,

I was hoping you could help me out and give me your opinion on what I was offered for an 08 Accord Coupe EX-L (4 cyl, no nav) - $25500 otd. Could I do better? If so what do you suggest? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    It is really impossible to know what kind of deal you are getting without a breakdown (car + tax + any fees the dealer is charging).

Go here, to Edmunds TMV to find the invoice prices for your select Honda Accord model/transmission choice.

Invoice + Destination is $24,188 on an EX-L Coupe, Automatic. If taxes are $1300 or more, you are paying under invoice. If they are less, you are paying over invoice, and could probably do better.
  • jerkellyjerkelly Member Posts: 2
    the graduate- I am not smithsinc, but I am looking at same model. 2008 ex-L sedan no navigation and automatic transmission, 4-cyl
    Take a look at the link I provided in post 21300 - it'll lead you to where you can find the invoice price.
    how much should the same car (ex-l 4-cyl) cost with navigation - any opinions?
  • jerkellyjerkelly Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I did see the invoice price. So, I shouldn't pay more than invoice?
  • missmelmissmel Member Posts: 13
    thegraduate,

Thanks for the quick response.. Taxes here are 6.5% or 7% depending on the county. They initially offered me $25710 otd and here was the break down on that:

$23526 (including dest charge) + $599.95 dealer fees + $8.50 tire & bat fee + $130 tag transfer + $1448 (estimate tax).

They are now offering me $25500 otd. Hope this helps, let me know what you think.

Thanks again.
    I would think with a little price shopping, most people should be able to get invoice, possibly a few hundred less. Remember, the 2009s will be on the lot in 2 months, making your car a full model year old.
  • bobbootzbobbootz Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my Accord V6 from Tarrytown Honda. I shopped around all the local dealers and got the best price and service there.
    Thegraduate,

It is a Sedan, 4cyl, Automatic.
  • newguy8newguy8 Member Posts: 7
    HI , I'M IN NYC , OFFERED PRICE AT THE DOOR FOR AN HONDA LX -P

LX-P : $22,445 OTD PRICE , SO IS THIS A GOOD DEAL .
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    #1 - Don't write in CAPS. It is rude and lazy.

#2 - We have no ideal if it a good deal since we don't know how much you paid. OTD can mean about 23,345 different things. Give us the selling price plus all of other costs as separate items.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    # 1 get a life
    I do have one, a very good one. Thanks for thinking about me though.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    ok , no need to be rude urself ok , all i was asking is if it was a good deal or not

i am in the process of buying and one dealer in nj is offering me this this

sales price : 19,445
    sales tax , nyc or nj

so the out of the door price is : 22,445 , so i was asking if it was a good deal ok
    Invoice on the car is $20,085 + $670 destination charge for a total of $20,755. So if the price they quoted you includes the destination charge, and it most likely does then you are $1310 below invoice which is pretty good for an Accord. The problem is that they are adding $3,000 to get to OTD which is ~15.5% tacked on. Take a typical sales tax of 8% that is ~$1600. Add in a dealer doc fee which could be upwards of $400, and you are still paying $1000 in mystery charges. Your exact sales tax and dealer doc fees will of course determine the actual mystery charges.

Of course if the destination charges are not in the sales price they quoted you, you only have ~$300 in mystery charges.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    ok first dealer give me this prices

Sales prices : $19,845
    sales NJ tax : $1389.15 NY taxes :1662.02
    dmv fees : $254.00
    destination : $670
    documentation : 199.00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
    Total Sales : $22,357 with NJ taxes or with NY taxes : $22,633

but i am trying to deal flat $22,000 but they wanted $22,445 and now i am trying to settle for $22,400 with NY taxes . so am i getting a good deal ? thx for all replies
    You are getting the car for $240 below invoice. I don't know how much better you are going to get.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kchen1kchen1 Member Posts: 1
    Newguy8, would you care to share which dealer & sales-rep is offering you this price? I am in the market for the LX-P myself.

By the way, can anyone here comment on the differences between the LX-P and EX (I4) in terms of how well it feels / handles? Most people on the Accord forum seems to say that the increase in horsepower for the EX is negligible. What about the slight increase in disc-break diameter (11.0 vs 11.8) and the increased wheel diameter (16 vs 17")
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    If you test drive the LX-P first, then the EX, you may notice a little increase in power and a smoother ride. However, after owning and driving it for a week you will not remember the difference in performance. It's a Honda Accord sedan I4, good solid reliable transportation. Not much of a difference between the two IMO.

I chose the EX over the LX-P (1,400 increase) for these reasons, moon roof, 13hp difference, upgraded stereo & interior and wheels & tires.

I don't remember noticing a difference in the brakes.

Good luck dealing. I think you will like either choice.
    If you test drive the LX-P first, then the EX, you may notice a little increase in power and a smoother ride.

If anything, the LX-P should have the better/smoother ride. The low-profile 17" tires on the EX model will cause it to have a harsher ride because of less cushioning from the sidewalls.

I chose the EX over the LX-P (1,400 increase) for these reasons, moon roof, 13hp difference, upgraded stereo

The stereo in the LX-P is identical to that in the EX model.

-160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 6 Speakers
    -Radio Data System (RDS)
    -MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) Playback Capability
    -MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
    -Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC)

You have to upgrade to the EX-L to get an upgraded stereo, which Honda lists as:
    -270-watt AM/FM/6-Disc In-Dash Premium Audio System with 7 Speakers including Subwoofer
  • frag235frag235 Member Posts: 81
    Doesn't the EX come with 4-wheel disc brakes vs. disc/drums on the LX?
    Guys,

Does anyone know if $25,400 is a good OTD price on a Honda Sedan 4cyl automatic w/ BlueTooth w/o NAV?

In addition, assuming good credit, is the interest rate given by Honda also negotiable, and if so what should I be asking on a 60 month? Currently they are offering 3.9% on a 60 month and 1.9% for 36 months. Should I be able to get at least a 2% on a 60 months? Please give me your feedback .... thanks.
    OTD has no meaning since we don't know the taxes, doc fee, dealer add ons, etc. You need to give the selling price for someone to tell you if it is a good deal.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Smith - where are you looking arounf in D.C.? Or are you in NC?

I'm looking around D.C. and I think I might be able to get a i4, ex-l, auto, w/ nav for 26 OTD. ($24.8K + TTL). I'll let you know - tonight I'm going to close the deal. We'll see what changes if anything before then...::fingers crossed::
  • smartfanaticssmartfanatics Member Posts: 14
    Hi all,
    Great forum you have here and some very helpful folks. I am looking to get a 08 Accord EX-L 4cyl Sedan. i know the invoice per edmunds is $24,098. I have been reading a while on this forum and is it true that some people are paying as low as $23,295?? does this include destination(I am guessing not)? how much below invoice can I expect? I am located in CT. thanks
  • thewdwguruthewdwguru Member Posts: 10
    What have people been paying for these 2 cars - not including taxes, doc fees, tag fees, etc? I have been quoted 25,700 for the V6 and 23,700 for the V4. These prices include no options or accessories - just the car. This is roughly 400 below invoice. Thanks
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    Sorry Grad,

I was only giving my opinion about the slight difference I experienced when testing both cars.

Also, I guess I was mislead to believe the LX/LX-P comes with a single CD changer and not a 6 disk changer like the one in the EX model. If this is the case, I stand corrected.
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    To answer alot of questions for anyone, when you go to a Honda dealer get the Honda Accord booklet, the last few pages will tell you exactly what you will get with each model.
    Or you could go HERE
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • wongx2wongx2 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I'm looking for an EX-L auto in the Bay Area. I don't mind traveling either, just do the deal over the phone and bring a check.

Question - is it worth getting the V-6? We don't drive fast, but you know what they say about horsepower - you can never have too much.

What are prices that people are seeing relative to invoice or tissue as they say it?

Thanks,
    edward
  • moonroof999moonroof999 Member Posts: 1
    I when to the honda dealer, which is beside Longo, to buy lx-p last week. The dealer said they can only offer $24988 OTD to me since my friend can only pay check but not finacing. I read the post here that someone said the fair price for lx-p in CA is around $22000 OTD. Does this price satisfy in Los Angeles with paying check? I have no idea how to negotiate with the dealer since they have tons of excuse to mark up the price. Any way to fight with the dealer with good deal? Which dealer did u guys shop at before in LA with what price?Does japan made lx-p more expensive than US made?
    OTD is a useless number for comparison since everyone has different tax rates and different dealers have different doc and misc fees. What you need to concentrate on is the selling price of the car.

Also don't go to a dealer to negotiate at price and don't fight with anyone. Email every dealer in your area and negotiate that way. Pick the best deal, go into the dealership and pick up the car. You actually might have to pay more because of cash, since some dealers make money on the financing as well.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Guys,

I am trying to get the Blue tooth added to the Honda Accord EX-L w/o NAV as an accessory, but I would like to know if anyone has done so already and is willing to detail the quality of the product. I am a bit concerned in that when added as accessory, the audio is not done through the car's audio system but rather via a little speaker in the kit which is placed the in the space in the overhead compartment used for the sunshades. Any advice please? Thanks
  • gmanandgegmanandge Member Posts: 19
    Hi Everyone:
    Just want to say thank you to all the people who post to this forum. Thanks to all of you and your great advice, I just took delivery of a new Accord EX auto I4 w/out leather for $21,550 (includes: doc fee and transportation; does not include: sales tax or plates). Lots of places that I e-mailed told me that this price was ridiculous; that the dealer would change the price when I went to pick it up, etc....but this turned out not to be true. I ended up buying the car from Curry Honda in Chicopee MA and they were fantastic to deal with. They have lots of inventory and are persistent but low pressure. I also financed through Honda at 1.9% for 36 months. Overall, it was as good an experience as possible for this type of transaction. They (Curry) were great but this forum is what helped me to make the experience great for me. And I got what I think is a great price for a great car! Thanks!
  • jimjay2jimjay2 Member Posts: 1
    I emailed all the dealers in SE Minnesota and the best price for the blue 08 Accord LX-P (including destination charge) was 20,039. Tom Kadlec Honda in Rochester, MN matched the price and 3 days later we had the car for a total price with tag/title/tax/doc fees of $22,063. The doc fees were $91. We did not have a trade-in or use their financing.

Very nice to not haggle! We let them know that we are in the market for an Odyssey sometime in the next year too, so they were nice. They tried to sell accessories and a warranty, but after I said no, there was no high pressure. Our total time at the dealership on 3 visits when we were deciding on a car until we drove away with it was less than 3 hours and the night we paid for it and picked it up, we were only at the dealership for 45 min.

The all season floor mats at the dealer were $150, but we went home and ordered WeatherTech gray rubber mats off the Internet (google search) for $114 with no tax or shipping.
  • bgj23bgj23 Member Posts: 2
    I just bough a 2008 Accord Ex-l sedan for $22710 plus dest, tax, and fees through the internet department at Vip Honda in N.Plainfield N.J.. I spoke to the internet manager George. They were very upfront with everything.
  • bgj23bgj23 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 08 Ex-l sedan at Vip Honda in North Plainfield for $22710 plus dest, tax, and fees. I dealt with the internet manager George, He was very up front with everything
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Don't buy from that dealership, that OTD price is outrageous. Also, the "only pay check" excuse that they used against you is a way for them to make more money off of you. You should never discuss how you will be paying until the very end after you have a quote already because this is the reason why. The fair price of $22,000 OTD in the LA/OC area is correct for the LX-P, but you could do way better than that. I got my LX-P automatic from Hardin Honda in Anaheim for $21,400 OTD. Before ttl, it was $19618 (that's with destination already included in the price). And mine was Japan made. It's the same price both Japan made and US made.

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother with that dealership anymore because of the BS they just pull with you and that stupid OTD price they give you. They think they could take you for a fool. Well, forget them.

Just go send a email to all the dealership within a 15-20 miles radius and try to find which dealer will give you the best deal first. From there, negotiate with them over email. Or just call Hardin Honda and tell them that you know a couple of people that got an Accord LX-P from them for $21,400 OTD and that Hardin Honda seems friendly. Ask if you can get a very similar deal with them. I know 4 other people that got the LX-P for $21,400 OTD from them already and when you tell them, they will know that it's true.
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    This is also about right in SoCal O.C $23,327 plus TTL EXL 4 cyn. I am waiting to sell my Pilot to down for the Accord. Also dont forget its Clearance time.
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    You are totally right. The quote I got for the EXL 4cyn. $23,327 was from Hardin Honda Anaheim SoCal. They have a Huge inventory.
    ok , i work my way down to $22,400 with the dealer located in new jersey .

yes $22,400 is with ( NYC sales and dmv fees, dealer fees ) so am i getting a good deal there , let me know .

$22,400 is my out the Door Price . when should i purchase extra warranty ?
    thx to all reply .