Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• honda09honda09 Member Posts: 15
    where r u buying? what state are you in?
  • hondaneedhondaneed Member Posts: 14
    A local dealership in WNY has an advertised price on several '09 Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation of $28,939. They have a new price tag hanging on the rearview mirror. An advertised drop on the MSRP. Has anyone else seen this?
  • tgtytgty Member Posts: 3
    Just bought:
    Car included ( Destination + Mud Guards + Wheel Locks + VPS Protection Package )
    = $23,995
    + Tax ( 6.25% )
    + TL & ( Documents ) = $250
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "car prices should always be quoted with destination. its not like its something you don't have to pay. I would be leery of any dealer that is quoting you without the destination charge."

Car prices should be quoted OTD.
  • benziebenzie Member Posts: 4
    What do you think about the manufacture's extended warranty? Is it worth buying it?
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Car prices should be quoted OTD.

Car prices should be quoted here without including state and local fees for tax, tage, and titling fees. Those are too local to compare prices on a national level.
    In my opinion no, but that's just me, others do find value in the peace of mind it brings. How would a major uncovered repair affect you? If it hurts you financially or emotionally, then go for the warranty as long as you can afford that.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    totally agree. My second biggest pet peeve on these forums is people that only post OTD numbers. OTD is a worthless number here.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • aredhelloaredhello Member Posts: 4
    Was quoted $23,181 (including destination) on silver 2008 EX-L, but when I asked for $22,000 with deck lid spoiler over e-mail, she effectively ended negotiations. Was I being too pushy? This is considering I was quoted $23,545 (including destination) on a 2009 EX-L in any color I wanted from another dealership.

Am thinking about moving on to the 2009 EX-L over the 08 at this point -- would like $23,000 with deck lid spoiler installed. Do you think this is reasonable?
  • player99player99 Member Posts: 5
    well i just purchased today a 09 accord lx automatic sedan. the msrp of the car was $22225 and the invoice was $20,430 (my numbers are maybe a couple dollars incorrect i dont want to get all the papers). well i paid OTD less than $22,300. Also the car had 2 extra things a $399 paint protection crap which i didnt pay for and also it had $299 tinted windows. so price was about $20530 +ttl which came out to something in the range of $22,2XX keep in mind the based on those dealer add ons the price was around $23,000. i thought it was reasonable plus i did not get screwed in financing they bettered the rate my bank gave me.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Seems like the price of the 2009 LX is gonna up a couple hundred compared to 2008. Just to make sure, you got the LX and not LX-P? I have a 2008 LX, very nice car and gets good MPG. Even though the exterior styling maybe questionable, the engineering and interior styling is superb/excellent. Congrats on your purchase.
    It was the LX not the LX-P. oh yeah and it was in in the $22,2XX it was in the $22,0XX range OTD. I though it was reasonable as i checked edmunds and the TMV was at around $21,850. in know the TMV is like an average of what other buyers are paying so based on edumnds TMV it looks like most people are paying above invoice and that is not including tint or that paain, carpet, seat protectan (which is crap you shouldnt have to pay for it really but many people are lead into thinking you do) which at honda is very expensive compared to other dealers with other makes. also there are some people here that post their paid amount and it seems an unbelievable low price but most of the people posting do not say if this was cash price or if it was financed. if it was fianced it doesnt say what interest rate they were hit with. remember that many times the dealer will give an amazing selling price but then when you get to financing (if you didnt get some options before like a lot of peope) you get stuck with a higher interest than you should so you actually didnt get such a good deal. keep in mind that a majority of people are unaware of sites like this and that people posting here are a minority so in general most people are not payig this amazing deals that others claim they. But nontheless my sell price was $20,530 and $22.0XX was my OTD. the msrp on this vehicle was $22,250 and invoice was like $20,430 but based on their added features paint protectant and tint they had msrp a little above $22,900. so what do ya think about the deal i got. i guess some could hav egotten a better one but after going to othe rmakes (nissan) and getting the run around i was tired and the sales guy at the particular honda i got mine from was excellent. and really it is said that to give them a reasonable gain you should offer a couple of hundred dollars above invoice and that is not included added options since some do not come in edmunds pricin gto calculate the invoice of them.
    I was going to comment on the questions you asked but my eyes went tired reading your post. Have you ever thought of proof reading what you write or maybe write in complete sentences and paragraphs? Doesn't have to be perfect but somewhat legible.

No disrespect intended, butpostslikeyoursareimpossibletoundertsand.
  • epibooepiboo Member Posts: 4
    Hi tgty,

Where did you buy your 09 EX-L? I am in the market for an 08 EX-L and the best offer I got so far is only $500 below what you paid. The Honda dealers are pretty firm in Houston. Maybe I should go for an 09 EX-L.

Thanks.
    hahahaha I guess you are right. I will take that under consideration for a future post. but then again it wasnt as bad as "butpostslikeyoursareimpossibletoundertsand". The paragraph thing would have been good. You can tell i dont do this quite often. Also my previous post was a couple up from my last post a lot less stuff. i still would like to hear from more of you thanks.
    It's so unbelievible how firm the price is for 08 EX-L. My best 08 EX-L quote is very close to your 09 quote. I countered offer $300 below OTD price and was turned down by all the dealers that I talked to.

Where are you located?
    My boss recommends GEICO's mechanical breakdown policy instead of manufacture's extended warranty. You can google it and see what other people say.
  • aredhelloaredhello Member Posts: 4
    I agree -- why would I pay just a few hundred dollars less for an '08 that's probably been sitting on the lot for awhile?

Anyway, those quotes were in the southern New England area (Rhode Island and Massachusetts). Keep in mind that this was all over e-mail. I'm heading in to the dealerships this weekend, so I'll keep you posted.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    There is a forum on Edmunds dedicated to extended warranties. If you do so research you MAY find out that Geico's mechanical breakdown policies are not underwritten by Geico.

Honda's extended warranty can be purchased for a very competitive price form other Honda dealers out of state if you do a google search.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    According to Geico's website, you can only purchase the breakdown protection if you also have your car insurance through Geico.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I think you got a pretty good deal considering the fact that you got extra goodies ( and I agree you shouldn't pay for it but automakers make their money), and its early in the model year.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    I recieved a similar quote on and 09 yesterday on LI 28495 +TTL
    Are they willing to move on this price? Keep me posted, the markets should be similar. I am thinking that the NAVI units are harder to move and the dealership I am working with will be willing to come down.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2008 or 2009 Honda Accord who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• honda09honda09 Member Posts: 15
    i just bought this car.. i paid 26020 for it including destination fees. was that a good price?
  • thewdwguruthewdwguru Member Posts: 10
    I am checking to see what people have been quoted for either an 08 or 09 accord ex-l with destination fee included. No navi or any other options - just the car and destination fee. Thanks
  • howmuchyoupayhowmuchyoupay Member Posts: 12
    just FYI, some dealers have been offering 1500 below real invoice for all 08 leftovers. All of them are sedans auto, from 4cyl to 6 cyl.
  • djkcpadjkcpa Member Posts: 4
    I have been quoted a price of $22,133 for an 09 EX (including destination). PA tax and title, reg and doc fees of $198 get the OTD price to $23,659. I would like to be at $23,500. This would be roughly $22,000 for the car. Is this reasonable?? Is this current deal pretty good as is?? This is $529 lower than I was originally quoted, which was essentially invoice. Dealer will get me any color I want.

What does everyone think??

THANKS
  • qinsong99qinsong99 Member Posts: 20
    I bought a Accord LX AT for $19865 (including destination) plus TTL ($249.5 documentation, $25.5 title, 6.75% sales tax, $21500 OTD price) today at Honda Marysville in central Ohio. I think it is pretty good for a 2009 model at this time. Any opinion? Thank for this great forum.
  • chutistchutist Member Posts: 33
    I've been shopping in person and by email for a few days. Quotes from at least 10 dealers. Here's what I've found so far...

First off - THERE ARE A TON of 2008 left. I've been getting quotes on 2008 and 2009 Accord EX-L without navi.

So far on the 2008 with an MSRP of 28695 the low price is 24788 - Plus Tax and Tags.

On the 2009 EX-L V6 without Navi - MSRP of 29225 the lowest quote so far is 26288 plus Tax and tags.

For a spread of $1500. For a car we'll keep for 6 plus years... I'd rather save the $1500 up front at this point. ;)

There are SO MANY dealers in the SoCal area.... I had to make a spreadsheet just to keep the quotes straight and I only hit a "few".

If somebody has a dealer they know sells cheap in SoCal lets hear it! ;)

Is 24788 a good deal on the 2008? Anybody hear of better?

Thanks! :) :shades:
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    I've seen some good numbers but I was loooking at 08 v6-l with nav but nav is about 1800 at invoice. The latest here seems to be 0 percent financing, but not necessarily beneficial.
    Best I've recieve in NY
    08 accrod ex-l V6 Nav 26495 with 3.9 % financing for 60 months
    same with 0% financing 28,822 up to 60 months
    verry close to the 28695 I was getting on and 09 version with 3.9 percent
    Interesting... If you add that 1800 for the Nav we're within 100 bucks. I think that must be close to the bottom.

I wondered if they wouldn't start discounting the Accords with Nav even more aggressively. There is NO WAY they are worth 1800 more... It would be "nice" to have but not 1800 worth. For as often as I would use it a $200 Tom Tom will do just fine. I wouldn't mind having the Blue Tooth, and I'd REALLY like the PC card MP3 reader they have in the new Fit.

I emailed my best deal to one of the dealers that had a bunch of stock on the ground and they beat it buy $100…When they drop from beating a deal by 200 or 300 to 100, my perception is I'm "close"… Now I'm going to let them all "stew" for a couple of days and see if anybody offers up something "good". 10 days to the end of the month, not going to do anything but get better! ;)
    I have been offered '09 EX-L V6 with NAVI for $28,250 + TTL - is this the best deal I can get?
    I'm at 26288 without...Nav invoice is 1800 so 28088... AT LEAST and I'd guess there's a little more room with the Nav equipped Accords. I'd email a dealer...pick a big one near you and ask them if they can "beat" 28000, I bet the answer is YES. What part of the country are you in?
    I am in the Buffalo-NY area. The biggest dealership in the area is probably Lia Honda. I am going to try exactly what you said.
    It may be just SoCal but they are SWIMMING in 2008 Accords our here...
    My "best" price just dropped to 24650(EX-L V6 WITHOUT NAV) from Galpin Honda out here. Norm Reeves is right there on price as is Valley Hi Honda. I'm looking at online inventory's and several dealers here have over 100 2008 Accords STILL on the ground. I'm looking at the Silver Metallic color and some of the dealers have 3 or 4 with my equipment AND color. :)

If they don't "bite" try two or three other dealers…. I used the Edmunds "get a quote" and they let me get 5 quotes with one request! It's easy and the dealers already know your looking at Edmunds and KNOW invoice. The quotes from them were more competitive right off the bat! :shades:

Only thing that has me a little "nervous" is…. With that many 2008's on the ground - Is Honda going to do "rebates" next month? I don't ever remember them doing rebates, but I also don't remember dealers fighting to sell me a car 2K BELOW invoice either. :surprise:

One gripe with Edmunds… The TMV calculator is wayyyyy biased in the dealers favor at the moment. :lemon: Stuff is available much cheaper than it would suggest, in my experience. ;)
    Check that, since I can't edit… here's a correction to my post above. :lemon:

After 3 emails I finally dragged it out of the Rep at Galpin Honda that their price DOES NOT include destination. They were including that with their "fees". That moves them to the middle of the pack on price. :lemon: Most of the other's included it, if not, the other dealers put an * and mentioned it in the "fine print". Not perfect but at least it was addressed.

And moved "Galpain" to the bottom of my list because they were so difficult to get the actual price of the car ( plus Sales Tax and DMV fees) out of… :lemon: You can't buy one without "destination"...it's on the sticker! :mad: Not good. :lemon:
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Games dealers play!

No destination even though it's no the sticker. I have purchased 35 plus cars in my lifetime and have NEVER seen "destination" as a separate line item!

Dealers need to wake up. Anybody savvy enough to go on the Internet can figure things out.
  • bolly2tollybolly2tolly Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I have been offered a four door EX-L V4 for 24500 (includes destination fee). You folks think its a good deal...

Thanks,
  • drums1954drums1954 Member Posts: 20
    This is the pricing I received for an 09 Honda Accord
    Valley Honda/Aurora, IL

09 Accord EXL V6 w/Body Side Mouldings, MudGuards, Sunroof Deflector and a Remote Starter (Non-Honda)..

Including: Dest., Doc. Fee, Tax @7% and License...$29,650.00 OTD

Since my Ford Lease is not up until March 09, they took a $1000.00 deposit to hold the price.
    2008 or 2009?

What's MSRP on the sticker?

What is invoice?

Not enough data to help. ;)
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Just a suggestion.

To better understand your deal may I suggest listing the price as follows:
    (Prices listed are an example only)
    $25600.00 selling price
    +$300 color matched body side moldings
    +$150.00 splash guards
    +$250.00 Sunroof deflector
    +$800.00 remote engine starter
    +$2000.00 sales tax
    +250.00 dealer doc fee
    +300.00 plates
    =$29650.00 TOTAL DUE

Does that make sense? The only reason I suggest this format is because alot of people here are not looking for the accessories but they would like to know the selling price of the vehicle (with destination charge) so they can compair your selling price with a price quote they have received. :)
  • drums1954drums1954 Member Posts: 20
    $26,228.00 2009 Accord Ex-L V6 Selling Price
    $152.00 Mudguards
    $189.00 Sunroof Deflector
    $399.00 Remote Starter (Non-Honda)
    $459.00 Body Side Mouldings
    $150.00 Doc. Fee
    $143.00 License/Title
    $1,930.00 Sales Tax

$29,650.00 Total OTD
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    Yes, Galpin and Hardin both conveniently provided low quotes w/o the destination charge. I'm sure it works to sucker some buyers in. Penske was very up front with their internet pricing, and everything but TTL was included. In August, my 2008 Accord EXL V6 Sedan w/o Nav. was $24,855 +TTL. They may even go a bit lower now...
    I hadn't thought of Penske. Emailed them and referenced your deal... had a quote back within the hour for 24805 + tax and tags. Easy...

They are in the hunt. ;)

Thanks for the tip. :shades:
  • gohonda2gohonda2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi ginsong99,

Could you tell me the dealer name. I live in the harrisburg area and I have not got even a single quote as good as yours. The best quote I have gotten is 20,323+sales tax+title

Any help would be appreciated.
  • bolly2tollybolly2tolly Member Posts: 6
    Oops..Here is the complete info.

I believe they are offering invoice price - 24500

its 2009 EX-L V4.

Thanks,
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    I'm glad Penske gave you a good quote. I've bought 3 Accords there and referred numerous others. I've never had an issue with them, and they don't play games.
    Don't really have a feel for the '09's or the I4's on price but you REALLY need to do at least one round of email quotes.

Just as an example... Two weeks ago when I started looking I walked in to the dealer where we bough our '97 Accord and went for a test drive. They offer a Costco price and that was $300 over invoice.... I paid invoice for the '97 at this time of year. I figured I'd offer invoice but I KNEW I NEEDED TO DO at least a check with a couple of other dealers.... So their (good guy, best price....bla bla) 300 over invoice was 26600 on a car that stickered for 28695. FIRST ROUND of email quotes came back at in the 25500 range and I'm at 24788 at the current "best".

Do you have time to send some emails to save close to 2,000 dollars? :shades:

There may not be that kind of savings on an '09 but you need to check. ;)
  • gohonda2gohonda2 Member Posts: 3
    I have a couple of quotes for the accord 09. Could anyone give me an opinion on these?

LX- A/T- 20,325 + sales+tag

LX-P - A/T- 21,225+ sales+tag

I live in the harrisburg area in PA.

Any comments/ suggestions wil be very much appreciated.