Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• srq5363srq5363 Member Posts: 15
    Don't go by me..I'm just telling you one bit of info. It sounds good but the best thing to do, IMHO, is to get a breakdown of all the numbers that will go into the OTD --out the door price-- from your dealer. I'd tell him to give you his best deal and tell him you are going to shop it around. Tell him, if you find a lower price you'll be back to him to match it, if you want. Then fax or email the exact car and OTD price to a few dealers and tell them to beat it if they can.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    I'd tell him to give you his best deal and tell him you are going to shop it around.

Few dealers if any will play that game.

Tell him, if you find a lower price you'll be back to him to match it

And no dealer will believe that line.
  • srq5363srq5363 Member Posts: 15
    You are right but it is worth a shot. Dealers know that buyers that talk to more than one dealership are less likely to accept a deal that isn't competitive. They can play all the games they want but they still have to give you a final price. If they don't, they are wasting your time. All I am saying is that the only way you can be assured of getting a decent deal is to shop around, get the lowest price and go back to the others to see if they'll do better than that. If they do, great. If they don't, you know you got the best deal you could get. That may not be the best deal they make that month but that's the one you won't beat at that time. Your choice is to accept it or to go to another model/brand and start over.
  • mcbantamcbanta Member Posts: 4
    Just leased 2009 Accord V6 EX-L (no navi). Pearl White, woodgrain, loaded.
    $590 at signing, $398/mo at Union Park Honda in Wilmington, DE.

I have all of the figures if anyone is interested in knowing more let me know.
  • hooplvrhooplvr Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Would you mind sending me the remaining details of the deal. I'm in the market for the same model.

Thanks.

fjerro@yahoo.com
  • elitecruiseselitecruises Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have an idea of the cost to have backup sensors installed on an '09 Accord? Also interested in having a rear headrest DVD player system installed. Leads near Delaware County, PA appreciated.
  • stevejacksonstevejackson Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy 2009 Accord EX-L w/ Nav in bay area. Per KBB the invoice is ~28500 and MSRP is ~30800. What is a good price and what should I look for while negotiating with dealers.

Also there are some car buying companies that find best deals for me, any reviews?

Thanks
  • whwangwhwang Member Posts: 1
    2009 Accord LX-P Auto Silver

So far I have gotten $22,970 OTD including all taxes and fees.

Any opinions/feedback on this price?
  • szerszer Member Posts: 80
    Hi guys, finally my certificate of origin has arrived and I would like to show you guys my breakdown:

Sale Price: $27541.24
    Doc Fee: $150 (capped in IL)
    Tax(7%): $1938.37 (I am from IN)
    County Tax: $15 (cook county tax)
    IL 7-day permit: $10 (given 2 weeks though, for the price of one :P )

I am really happy with the deal given and have already given a 5 star CSI to the dealership.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Any opinions/feedback on this price?

Yes, post the details of the transaction per the post right after yours. I'm in Florida, home of the $699 dealer fee. How could I compare your price?
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    I have a question and I didn't want to put it on the VCM subject area.
    I am looking in the next few months to buy a new 09 Accord w/nav. However, there has been so much written on the VCM board. Are you buying the V-6 with the hopes that it's ok or are you discounting the VCM board?
    thanks
  • iwantoneiwantone Member Posts: 52
    I am considering an 09 accord V6 EX-L also but am concerned about the VCM issues also. I am a honda fan but I am thinking about another car.
    Hi,

s far during the test drive and the driving so far, i've felt no jerkiness as described by the VCM issues. So far, the power has been adequate and I've been enjoying my car. To solve the issue, you should just go for a test drive and see if you can feel anything. i really think the issue is based on one's sensitiveness, or maybe the problem exists only on certain cars.
  • cruiser8_8cruiser8_8 Member Posts: 18
    Info for my fellow shoppers: :D

Just purchased an '09 EX-L no Nav. for $23,994..Paid dealers fee of $599 and 6% tax, battery fee of $6.50, electronic registration fee of $25 and $115.00 registration. I also received splash guard and rear trunk spoiler in the deal.

I think thats a great deal...Its below invoice. BTW, I am in Central Florida..
    forgot to add that I found wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards already installed on my car lol :P now i just need to add all weather mats
  • vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    Hi all,

I priced a Honda accord EXL v4 w/ NAV. I was quoted:

25788 + fees and taxes. The fees are (ridiculously high) @ 1550 (processing,prep, & freight). After all fees and taxes, the OTD is 28,262.

I'm surprised it was that high - but what do you all think?

This is in N. Va , if that matters.

Thanks!
  • duckie_conduckie_con Member Posts: 1
    What do you think about this price quote for 2009 Accord EX, Sedan, Automatic?

Sale price = 21,400
    Freight = 670
    Processing fee = 399
    Sub-total = 22469
    Tax (VA=3%) = 674
    Tags = 75
    T/T OTD = 23,220

Include: floor mats, mud guards, pin stripes, door edge guards.

Thank you.
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    I agree on the VCM issue being way overblown. I'm now at 4k miles on my 2008 v6 EXL sedan, and it's been flawless. If it weren't for the "ECO" light, I'd never know when the VCM has activated. Try the car for yourself and see. Those with VCM issues complain a lot louder than the thousands of us with no issues.

I'm an engineer with lots of automotive experience, if there was a VCM issue, I'd have noticed it.
  • max63max63 Member Posts: 76
    Leased V6 EXL with nav in late Ocotober.

761 Total Drive-off
    $439 including tax
    36 months.
    15k per year.

I was just catching up on some posts and noticed someone was talking about a jerkiness in the car. It's funny because I was wondering while I was going down the freeway there was some very minor jerkiness in the engine. This does not bother me much, because it is slight, however you do notice it. It never seems to come up in stop and go traffic. I thought it was happening because the car is new, but apparently other people have this issue. Other than this, the car has been great and love all the features.
  • soplushsoplush Member Posts: 29
    Does the Accord EX-L have a 'trip computer' that calculates MPG and/or miles until empty? Thanks.
  • snwhitsnwhit Member Posts: 4
    I've done the email blitz on dealerships around the area (eastern PA), and the initial quotes I received range from $20,000 to about $20,700 including destination (plus tags at $200 to $300 and 6% sales tax). Invoice is 20,223, including destination.

My question for you experienced ones out there (since I haven't bought a car in 13 years) - how low should I offer back? Is your experience that the internet offers are their best price? Or that is just a starting point? I'd like to come up with an offer that is a good deal for me but not so crazy that it gets laughed out the door. Thanks in advance!
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Does the Accord EX-L have a 'trip computer' that calculates MPG and/or miles until empty? Thanks.

No.
  • initialjinitialj Member Posts: 3
    I am in the Boston area. What do you guys think of these prices?

1) 2008 Accord Coupe EX-L, auto, 4 cyl, a demo though with 3,200 miles driven mostly by the sales manager:
    $22,800 (destination fee included)
    + $409 doc fees (inspection sticker, title, registration, plates)
    + 5% tax
    = $24,349 OTD

2) 2009 Accord Coupe EX-L, auto, 4 cyl, new but needs to be swapped with another dealer
    $23,540 (destination fee included)
    + $284 doc fees (inspection sticker, title, registration, plates)
    + 5% tax
    = $25,000 OTD

I proposed to the sales manager a $25k OTD price and it has not been "reviewed" by the sales director. So assuming it goes through, is it a good deal or should I hold out for a few months longer and wait for dealers to be more desperate?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    So you offered "proposed" a price and you may back out? hmmm
  • cape2007cape2007 Member Posts: 4
    I found this forum very helpful with purchasing my new car - thanks. I got a silver 2009 Accord EX-L with black, leather interior, automatic, 4 cyl., no navi.

Below is the breakdown of what I paid:
    Base price: $23,925
    Added wheel locks: $24,036
    5% MA Sales Tax: $1201.20
    Title Preparation: $5.00
    Documentary Preparation: $244.00
    License Plate Transfer: $75
    TOTAL PRICE: $25,549

In addition to this, Silko Honda in Raynham, MA offers a lifetime warranty - an extension of the 5 year/ 60k mile powertrain warranty. The lifetime warranty is non-transferable and is accepted at any dealership in the continental US. Maintenance records must be kept and done according to the time table given in the owner's manual. However, I can perform my own oil changes and have the other work done at a licensed mechanic - not necessarily Honda.

I received better quotes from two other dealerships, but went to Silko because of the warranty offered.
    I received a quote from Herb Chambers Honda of Boston of $23,545 (incl. destination) and a price of $23,100 from Boch Honda in Norwood (not sure if this included destination, but a manager called who was "willing to be a bit more aggressive on the price"). Any quotes I received were all done by email. In 2001, I got all of my price quotes via email for my '01 Civic and found this to be the best method for pricing.

If there is any info. I'm missing or I can answer any questions about this transaction, please let me know.
    The $700 difference for a 2009 is certainly worth it. I just posted my deal on the Accord sedan. Before you sign, be sure to price shop through Boch in Norwood and Herb Chambers in Boston. I found them very nice to deal with. Keep in mind that Silko in Raynham offers the lifetime warranty I discussed earlier (if you're the type of car owner who keeps all records and is rather meticulous). These are just my opinions, of course. Good luck.
    I have noticed numerous local dealerships has this lifetime warranty also. Curious about what it does not cover.
  • jgbaustinjgbaustin Member Posts: 1
    In Austin TX. I just purchased a 2009 LX sedan for 20500 + TTL.

The sticker was 23,855.00 which included what they consider a dealer option package worth 846.00. Unless a dealer is willing to show me the financing papers for the car from the manufacturer, the "invoice price" is irrelevant.
    This link should provide the info. on the lifetime warranty:
    http://www.silkohonda.com/lifetime_warranty_new_vehicles.asp

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I'll post some additional info. shortly.
    OK Thanks,... good info so it is limited powertrain only.
    This is through this, specific dealer. It's essentially an extension of the 5 year warranty, except I believe it covers a bit more. I know other Honda dealers are offering lifetime warranties too, but they may not necessarily be the same. Another area dealer offered a lifetime warranty that wasn't the same, required all work be completed at the dealership, including oil changes and come to find out, the dealership was just sold! I'm not sure if the link said it or I mentioned it, but this warranty is good at any dealership across the US. I think the hang up is needing all of your receipts and getting work completed on time. I look at it as though I paid an extra $1k for the warranty (since I had a price below 1k offered at another dealership). On the other hand, I've owned 2 Honda Civics with no major problems what-so-ever, so maybe I'm just a worry-wort.
  • pj_1pj_1 Member Posts: 2
    When will Honda introduce Cash Back / Rebates to consumers? December??

thoughts?
    Hi gang,

I just got an email for a 'special' from a dealer i've been talking too.

What do you think of this 'Good for this month only' deal:

2009 EXL w/ NAVI for 26287$ + taxes and tags.

They tell me thats 400$ under invoice.

Is that a good deal for the car? They were all talk about never having to goto invoice because they are still strong. I still keep thinking the longer i hold off, the better a deal i'll keep getting.

Thanks all!
    Thanks very much for the information. I emailed Silko and they responded right away for clarification but I haven't heard from them since. The extended warranty would've been nice though. It seems like it would cost ~$1,700 elsewhere.

Herb Chambers gave me a quote of $24,560 for the Coupe and $24,470 for the Sedan (2009, automatic, 4 cyl, EX-L). It's interesting how the price that gave you is $1k lower than what I got. Then again, the demo car that I mentioned in the first post is from Herb Chambers so perhaps they were still trying to push that car to me.

I did email several other places and the one worth mentioning is Honda Village, $23,460 for the sedan and $23,660 for the coupe. I ended up going with Boch Honda, after having worked out the price on the phone with a sales manager, and because of the color selection.

Below is the breakdown of what I paid for a 2009 Accord Coupe EX-L, automatic:
    Base price: $23,400
    Added wheel locks: $91
    5% MA Sales Tax: $1174.55
    Title Preparation w/ registration: $86.00
    Documentary Preparation: $298.00
    TOTAL PRICE: $25,049.55

It seems like the best way to go is to negotiate with a sales manager. In my case, the prices that they give over the phone/email, are the lowest that they're willing to go so my advice is to email as many sales managers as you can in your area and don't waste your time by going to a dealership thinking you can negotiate much lower in person.

Oh, and in response to jb_turner about backing out on the proposed price: in order to move forward and actually propose the price, I needed to put down a deposit and it would be for a car that they needed to swap with another dealer. So there was the risk of the car being damaged upon transportation (someone driving it and not being delivered on a flatbed truck), and that's assuming that the car can even be swapped. And if it can't, my deposit would be locked down for an indefinite amount of time.

Thanks again to everyone and happy shopping!
    The invoice for a 2009 Accord EXL w/ Navi, automatic, is $25,788 (destination included) according to edmunds pricing. I think it's reliable b/c a lot of the dealerships that I've visited have shown me the same invoice price sheets as what I found.

Some dealers have also given me invoices that are higher than what I found, but just tell them that your research tells you otherwise. And don't forget that the invoice is not their actual cost for the car. There is also the dealer holdback and floorplan interest, so their actual cost for a car is hundreds below invoice. Of course, the dealers also need to make some money so I wouldn't argue to buy the car at the actual cost. I think $400 below the edmunds invoice would be pretty good. Good luck!
    initialj - thanks for the reply. Since he quoted almost 1000 over edmunds invoice, even with their 'special' they are still 600 over true invoice ;). I've since sent him an email to ask about why his invoice price is so high. My guess is he is just plain lying ;).

I think i'm gonna sit tight for a bit, im in no rush, and the way the car industry is going i think someone will offer me invoice sooner or later! I'm also looking into the sonata which is significantly cheaper anyway. If i can't get invoice on the accord i'm not sure its worth the 4 or 5 grand more. Anyway thanks for the data. I dont know how people bought cars without the power of the internet! ;)
  • kk26kk26 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Everyone,

So I am looking at buying the 09' Accord EX V6 Sedan and i'm located in houston. I'm looking for some assistance; has anyone recently purchased an accord from houston and willing to share info on:
    what the out the door or drive out price paid was
    what interest rate they got
    any dealers they recommend in houston
    OR what about anyone who has received good deals at John Eagle Honda on Jones Rd?
    Where did you buy your 09 EX-L? I am in the market for an 08 EX-L and the best offer I got so far is only $500 below what you paid. The Honda dealers are pretty firm in Houston. Maybe I should go for an 09 EX-L.

Did you ever end up purchasing your Accord or find out any good deals in Houston? What dealerships were you looking at?

Thanks in advamce
  • abcnjabcnj Member Posts: 5
    Prices I've gotten this week for '09's:
    Accord sedan EX-L I4 auto $24,270
    Accord sedan EX-L I4 auto w/nav $26,349

Last month I got a price of $25,000 for an '08 w/nav (from a different dealer that had the best price a year ago for a Ridgeline). They still have about 8 of these, I need to check back to see if it dropped.]

I think they can all do better.

btw, I'm in NJ.
  • jnacabjnacab Member Posts: 8
    MSRP: $30755 + Dest
    w/ dealer installed splash guards

negotiated price: $28300

What do any of you think of this deal?
  • rhett78rhett78 Member Posts: 22
    kk26, I am also shopping for a new Accord here in Houston. I checked John Eagle Honda, and all I got was the run around. They had the "Eagle Advantage", which had some quality additions, but they were not competitive on price to the bottom line. I have also shopped Gillman Honda which claims to be the # 1 volume dealer in this region. They were very competitive, but not as good as Streater Smith Honda in Conroe. I contacted them and asked for the "Sam's Club" price, and immediately I got a quote for $200 below invoice with no required add-ons, such as $295 wheel locks, $500 potection pack (which I consider to be worthless), and other such nonsense. Goodson Honda advertises "No one beats a Goodson Deal", but that's all hype. Good Luck with your shopping! :)
  • gab2409gab2409 Member Posts: 20
    $300 wheel locks??? the msrp on those is like $55 on the acura website!
  • seanp1seanp1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi; I got a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L in Riverside for $460 below invoice $23,880 including destination charge. Edmunds invoice may not include destination charge.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Edmunds always shows invoice, destination and the total of the two for the true invoice.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • clodyclody Member Posts: 2
    So if I am reading this correctly, an appropriate price for a 2009 EX-L V6 with NAV might be: $27,866 (Edmonds Invoice) + $670 (destination) = $28,536. I would hope to actually pay around $400 dollars less, especially since it looks like the auto industry may be in trouble for some time to come. Does $28,136 sound like a fair price? Any advice? Should I go lower?
  • seanp1seanp1 Member Posts: 2
    You need to get $500 below invoice to make it fair. I got my 2009 Accord EX-L for $460 below.

MSRP: $26,925 including destination charge
    Invoice: $24,450 including destintation charge
    Bought for: $23,988 including destination charge

Hope that helps and I'm in So. CA
  • clodyclody Member Posts: 2
    Yes, thanks. This does help me. If I can't get the price I think is fair for the Accord. I might look at the less expensive Hyundai Sonata.
    I'm supposed to go with my sister this weekend, to the one off of 290 n Jones. We just gonna walk in there and take a look and see what they got to offer. I'll keep you posted on what happens! I got an internet quote for the Accord 09' V6 EX sedan including destination 24,850.64.

I think i can go lower though, maybe even starting off at 22,000....anyone think thats possible? Im trying to find out what some good interest rates are that people have paid...anyone?
  • mypoint3mypoint3 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2009 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Navi at Russell & Smith in Houston
    Alabaster Silver/Black leather interior
    Sale Price w/ destination = $26,177 + TTL
    7yr/120mi $0 deductable Honda Care = $1,287
    I did add the Pro pack(wheel locks, splash guards & trunk tray) $377 and decklid spoiler $462
    I financed 60 mos @ 3.9%. This dealer is very professional and easy to deal with!
    Hey all, just wondering if anyone has gotten or beaten invoice prices on 09 accords. Most of the dealers around me are talking a good game that they are doing just fine. With the recent news about all car sales so horrible, I'm having a hard time believing that.

Do you guys or gals think its worth waiting a bit to get or beat invoice?

FYI: I'm in the N.VA. market.

Thanks!