Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    The cap cost on my leased EX-L AT which I negotiated and took home on Saturday was about $23,000, close to your purchase offer.
  • abcnjabcnj Member Posts: 5
    Honda added dealer cash on 12/8 for Accords ($750) so that is why prices dropped in one week. You should be getting the full $750.

I was negotiating for an Accord and got the 750. 12/13 I bought a '09 Accord EX-L I4 auto sedan w/nav for $25,208
    plus tax and tags in NJ. Had been looking for a while and two dealers told be about cash back and dropped their price by $600. Another dealer I bought from last year told me the cash back was really $750, they beat the next best price by $500.
  • dc65dc65 Member Posts: 1
    i have an accord 04 and it is fantastic. i want an 08, the white EXL model, but i need to know if anyone can compare these for me. my 04 rides so smooth and is just a super overall car. i like the look of the new ones and a couple of the features, but last time i had a car i loved and traded it for the newer model it was not as satisfying.
  • simplecarguysimplecarguy Member Posts: 1
    The dealer cash as of 12/8 is good to know. I bought a car on 12/1 and intend to take deliver on it on 1/2/09. I'm pretty sure I always have the right negate the purchase, but it probably makes more sense to just ask for the 750$....is there anything that you are aware of that would preclude me from getting the 750 off when I pick up the car on 1/2/09 if I bring it up now?

I appreciate your thoughts on it.
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    Hello chiro2007,
    Was that $28,400 for the Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navigation OTD? Or without TTL?
    I'm in the market for that car and live in MD. It's interesting that you mention you are from Delaware because a friend of mine suggested I try shopping for an Accord there for the low taxes (MD sales tax is 6%).

You mean there are no Honda dealers in your state?
  • jvolljvoll Member Posts: 3
    First offers in Greenville, SC:

$23,700 OTD $24,500-ish.
    $23,500 from second dealer.

comparing the Accord to the Camry, $3,000 less then the Accord for the same package. told the salesman i'm not paying $3,000 more dollars for a different dash board, he responded with "well maybe there will be some rebates later in the month." will keep you posted.
    $23,300 inc destination is a decent price for '09 Accord sedan EX-L I4 AT.
    If you saw $3,000 lower for a Camry, you're not comparing apples to apples, not even close.
    simplecarguy,
    I'm not sure how the Jan delivery would work out in getting the $750. I guess it might depend on whether you could walk away from the deal now (or if everything is finalized and you have no out). From what I've seen in the past, Honda usually offers dealer cash until a few days into the next month. I would approach the dealer now rather than later. If you are stuck with the deal, you might be able to get some accessories for free or something like that negotiated in. I'm looking at backup sensors and such, which aren't cheap. Hope you can get the cash.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    You aree not comparing comparably equipped cars, but a stripped down Camry vs. a fully equipped Honda.
  • mrbofusmrbofus Member Posts: 7
    I have an offer from a dealer for a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L sedan with navigation for $379/month or $407/month [depending on whether I get preferred status or not with Honda Financial] with $0 down and a sign and drive deal.

Net cap: $25,998 [MSRP: $29,125]
    Lease term: 36 months/36,000 miles
    Residual percentage: 59%
    Money factor: .00244 or .00305 [depending on preferred status or not]
    Sales tax: 8.25%

What do you guys think? This would be my first time leasing, so I'm not sure how good [or not good] a deal this is. Thank in advance for all your advice!
  • wstarnerwstarner Member Posts: 3
    I just received an offer from a dealer to purchase an '09 Accord LX MSRP $22,225 for $19,000 with a trade allowance of $11,500 for my '06 Accord LX that has 46,500 miles. I plan to finance over 5 years at 3.9% through Honda credit. Tiele and Doc fees of $247--no additional fees. OTD $19,247-$11,500. They balked at it at first but in this economy and at the end of the year they came around after a couple of weeks. What do you think of the deal?
  • bkk1bkk1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I am looking for 2009 accord LX-S Auto trans. and got a quote 20906$ plus TTL.
    Is this a good price or anybody got better than this please respond. thanks
    I am in south florida area by the way..if it makes any difference. thanks everybody in advance.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    Sales Tax is based on the state where the car will be registered so you would not save any tax $$ by purchasing in DE.
  • budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    For the purchase of a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4-cylinder automatic sedan (silver with gray leather), how good is the (factory) optional wood trim for both steering wheel and other locations in the car?

What is another option on getting wood trim in the car and how much would it cost?

More important that it look decent even if it costs a bit more......

Bud H
  • reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    Got a quote of $20,000 flat for a 2009 Honda Accord LX-P sedan 2009 automatic tarns.
    Financing thru Honda leasing is 3.9% after my down payment.

I am inclined to think (after shopping my business around) that I am doing pretty well with this offer.

Invoice w/ destination charges is $21,126 according to the Edmunds site.

Can anyone confirm?

thanks
  • ggsanggsan Member Posts: 10
    $20320 is the OTD?
  • ggsanggsan Member Posts: 10
    Hi, Guys,

Just want to see if anyone has an idea about the price for 2009 Accord LX (Sedan) in Socal? Is $20975 OTD a good price?

Thanks a lot,
  • harnold64harnold64 Member Posts: 6
    I'm also interested in leasing. Your lease deal sounds really good. I know it's $0 down, but what are the total up front costs including all fees and such?
  • honda00honda00 Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone know of a Honda dealer who has online no haggle pricing? Fitzgerald Auto has a site that does that for many makes but they don't sell Honda's. It is very useful to use as a baseline for your own negoiations.

I find it interesting that they are now selling Camry's for $2000 under invoice on some trim levels. It seems to me that Accord and Camry are usually very similar in pricing so I wonder if $2K under invoice is now possible on Accords as well.

Anyone know of website that offers no haggle pricing for Honda.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    There are dealerships that have no haggle pricing however from what I've read Honda Motors does not allow dealerships to price vehicles below a certain price like Fitzmall and others do, if they do they face heavy penalties.
  • jeffdtdjeffdtd Member Posts: 7
    Bought a brand new Polished Metal Metallic Coupe w/ ivory interior w/ mudflaps, cargo net, and other "dealer installed" fluff. MSRP was $27,720

Purchase Price: $23,500
    Dealer/Doc Fee: $349
    5% MS Tax= $1175
    OTD= $25,024

I also got approved for the 3.9% 60 Month financing.

Pretty stoked! Another dealer within driving distance could of beat that by $40 bucks OTD but I really wanted that color. With Doc fees, I seemed to have paid $40+ over invoice minus the $750 .

Totally Satisfied! Incentives+Special Financing= AWESOME HONDA!
  • mrbofusmrbofus Member Posts: 7
    I made my first month's payment; after that and the document fees, I paid $698 I think, give or take a dollar or two. After I paid that and signed papers, I walked out the door with the keys.
  • chamferchamfer Member Posts: 16
    NEW to this site.

What is the best OTD price anyone has seen?
  • cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    Toyoman - My wife drives our 08 EXL w/ Nav and she has told me that it does that also. We have an auto starter (non-honda dealer add on) that was added on after i got our car. My wife said it happens about once every few weeks. she thinks it happens when she uses the fob for the remote starter for locking the car and then uses the car key lock for unlocking or some combination of the 2 devices.
    Does your lights flicker for about 30 sec and then go on to normal?
  • thecarinderthecarinder Member Posts: 1
    Took an offer for 2009 Accord EX-L for $23,750 at Capitol Honda in SJ, CA.
    TTL extra.

Getting down to 23,750 from 24,500 was not hard - but I am sure if i had the patience could have brought the price down even further.

Grey on Grey.

Good luck shopping!

This forum was great help!
    What do you guys think about waiting until January or even February to purchase a 2009 Accord? I just feel like sales are gonna keep going down, making dealers even more desperate.

Also, does anyone know of a dealership in California with a good selection of 2008 inventory?
  • e419e419 Member Posts: 8
    the online quote I got for coupe EX was for $20,990 but had "destination and handling fee" of $670 - I wonder if that's the same as the dealer/doc fee. I also have a registration fee of $263. First time buying a car so want to make sure all these fees are legit.
  • e419e419 Member Posts: 8
    is this for coupe or sedan?
  • fhughfhugh Member Posts: 8
    This board was helpful for car buying. Here is my contributes:

2008 New Accord EXL V6 Coupe, $23469 OTD.

MSRP: $28,550 + $670 destination
    Sale Price: $21,988, destination included.
    MA Tax: $1099
    Title: $84
    Doc: $ 300 ? :confuse:
    OTD: $23469

I bought it a Boch Honda, Norwood MA. The car was on their weekend Ad. I did not think it will be there, either a bait or taken by some one. But it was there. I thought it was a used one. But it has only 30 miles on it. Brand new. :shades:

The sales man was Walter Thomas. A decent man. No pressure, helping me find what I wanted. The Ad price was 21988. I said I will take it if destination was included. He took it off without a word. I felt there was more room to go but i did not want to nickel and dime him to death.

I tested LXP, EX I4, and EX V6. The I4 was OK. The problem is after driving the V6, there is no going back. the color is not my top choise but for $7K off the list, I will take it. I was told that was the last 2008 model.

This is my best car buying experience. Wally is the kind guy I would deal with. I would recommend you do the same if you are around this area. Happy car shopping.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    See the post just above this one, it's legit.
    Here's an interesting article that came out in the NY times last month. They talk about imports piling up at the port. Nobody wants them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/business/economy/19ports.html?_r=1

I think sales are gonna plummet even worse with the economy getting worse and more unemployment. I think I'm gonna wait to buy my Accord until Feb or March when dealers are even more desperate to sell.
  • minlabminlab Member Posts: 6
    I went to local dealer last week and they offered me 26,210 for Accord 09 EX-L w/o Nav, it was ODT price. I am in NYC.

The guy was trying to push me to buy the car in 5 mintues :) , keep saying if I gave you a price, did you buy the car today.... if not, why should I give you the price. he was rudely saying something like that. I said...well, you have to give me the price , otherwise, how could you sell your products to your customer......

I think this is close the edmunds price right here http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/honda/accord/101047625/options.html?action=1&x=9- 6&y=15

Does anybody would like to give me some comments on this? i appreciate any inputs.

Merry Christmas
    Thanks
    this is a good idea, but you better to get the price by the end of year. so you are able to compare them in Feb or March.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "2008 New Accord EXL V6 Coupe, $23469 OTD"

As long as no trade was involved, car was not a demo and less than 20 miles on odo you did well.
  • tingotingo Member Posts: 1
    $25,225 + TTL (Dec 23/2008) White Diamond Pearl
    + Mudguard, Trunk cover, wheel loks...
    I suppose that is a I4 not V6 ?

I was offered 09 EXL V6 w/o Nav for $24500 MSRP, I did not take since I was going for an 08 Model. I felt that there was room to go for that price also if I persuit it. So your offer is not so good. That was in MA.

Also don't deal with any guy who is rude. Get another sale person, if not better get another dealership. Our pride worth something also. :mad:
    no trade, 30 miles on ODO, not a demo.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I was offered 09 EXL V6 w/o Nav for $24500 MSRP, I did not take since I was going for an 08 Model. I felt that there was room to go for that price also if I persuit it. So your offer is not so good. That was in MA.

An 09 EXL V6 w/o Nav for $24,500 is not a good price? Don't kid yourself - this is a great price and anyone who goes out trying to get a better deal most likely will be sadly mistaken. Even if there is dealer cash on the 09's, this is far below invoice. I'm with isell on this topic - people who think they'll get a unrealistic price will not be successful. Why would a dealer sell a car at a huge loss? Not saying it can't be done, but 99% of dealers won't even talk to you at this price. NOW, an EXL 4 cyl can be had at this price, possibly slightly less. Are sure it wasn't a 4 cyl vs V6?

Another point on rude salesman - I agree, don't deal with them. But first, don't be a rude buyer. I'm in sales too and when a buyer prospect starts being rude at any point during the process, I don't take them seriously. I quietly apologize and state that it's unfortunate that not everyone can afford our product and happily refer them to a competitor who will have something in their price range.
    I'm starting to see a lot of car salesmen on these boards who seem to be get very testy over consumers trying to get their best possible price. Often that price is far under invoice, leaving the dealer with little if any profit. The tone of the salesman is that the consumers are being greedy and are taking advantage of the dealers in their time of need.

These are the same salesmen who would think nothing of charging sticker price should a 75 year old widow walk into the showroom. Suddenly the shoe is on the other foot and we as the consumers are supposed to eat a few hundred dollars to help out the struggling auto industry. Sorry but after years of trying to squeeze every penny out of us, the shoe is finally on the other foot.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest.
    I should clarify - I dont' sell cars or anything auto related. I don't buy the notion that because in good times, sellers were able to make a profit, sometimes a huge profit, and now that times are tough, they should sell at a loss. Sometimes occassionally selling at a small loss may be the only thing to do to keep up cashflow, but doing it consistently or taking a huge loss on several sales is tantamount to closing your doors and not selling at all. Dealers sell cars to make a profit - period. Think of it this way: Except for gov't and non-profits, anyone employed or self-employed sells or produces a product or service for someone else to buy. If the product or service can't bring in enough revenue to pay you, the overhead, and put a little profit into the owner's pocket, how long do you think that will continue? And if that's not important to you, don't go crying when you get your layoff notice or you have to shut down your business because you went broke doing it.
    "I quietly apologize and state that it's unfortunate that not everyone can afford our product and happily refer them to a competitor who will have something in their price range"

That is not rude? I don't think that statement is apologetic other than insulting your customer. That is the same thing as saying " Hey, you cheap , if you don't have money, why do you come here, get the hell out of here !"

Those rude salemen are so subtle in insulting their customer, they made it a perfect art. You are a good example here.

there are many decent car salesmen out there. It is the guy like you give them a bad reputation.
    Whether or not the dealer takes a loss should be of little concern to the consumer. This is about supply and demand. If demand is so low that the market price drops below the break even point for the dealer, that is the dealer's problem. The consumer should continue try and get their best price. It's certainly not uncommon for a business to sell a product at a loss to clear out inventory.

In this market, auto buyers should continue to push for the lowest possible price without concern for the profit of the dealer. The worst thing that can happen is the dealer says no. Its not being greedy, it's not being mean, it's just capitalism.
  • reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    I've been shopping alot of dealers this month. I find it comical that the first offer is always right around list, and then when you laugh at them, they immediately lower the offer by $2000. Perhaps, if the salesperson didn't insult your intelligence with a high first offer, the desire to stick it back to them wouldn't be so pervasive.
    you are right, it is I4.

I am considering to get another sale person there, shall I just tell him I need a new sale person? I was wondering how to tell the guy in propertyly...
    In this market, auto buyers should continue to push for the lowest possible price without concern for the profit of the dealer

Bingo! Give that man a ceegar! Well said, buyers and sellers shouldn't take things personal, it's just business. MSRP and invoice as well mean nothing. The only price that matters is what I think I can get that vehicle for.
    "I quietly apologize and state that it's unfortunate that not everyone can afford our product and happily refer them to a competitor who will have something in their price range"

That is not rude? I don't think that statement is apologetic other than insulting your customer. That is the same thing as saying " Hey, you cheap , if you don't have money, why do you come here, get the hell out of here !"

Nothing wrong with how he put it, sounds OK by me, not insulting.
    Do it like this. Tell him you need to see his manager now. When the manager comes, tell him that you need to use another salesmen since the last guy was rude(or you are not comfortable with him).

Do your research for a price you like. put it on the table. They can take it or leave it. Then you walk with or without a car.

Happy shopping and merry Xmas.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Nothing wrong with how he put it, sounds OK by me, not insulting.

Not for me.

I have a relative who uses a similar tactic in her store. If a customer asks her how much an item is and then the customer doesn't want to buy for whatever reason, she will say to the customer that "It's o.k if you don't have money, you can buy it later."

About 70% of the time, the customers just buy the item because they don't want her to think that they don't have money.
    ohoh..that likes punch him in the face...I think better walk in and ask for another sales person directly. That guy was arrogant and I was not quite sure how did he sell a car ( 26K ) to customer. They just wanna dig out a ton of gold in 10mins.

Does anybody has the most "latest" price for Accord 09 EX-L w/o Nav 4I ?

Thank you for all your inputs and I wish you guys all Merry Christmas!!!!

Those rude salemen are so subtle in insulting their customer, they made it a perfect art. You are a good example here.

there are many decent car salesmen out there. It is the guy like you give them a bad reputation.

I guess you think I'm one of THOSE salesman. I am not. I would never say anything in an insulting way, subtle or not, but I guess you chose to take that way - can't help you there. The fact is customers ARE frequently rude, and I only make this type of statement in a professional manner, only in appropriate situations, and it's not meant to be insulting. Personally, I have never had anyone ask me for my manager or go around me to complain. It's not the one answer to all customers who think my product is priced too high. Some people are quite nice and tell me they don't want to spend that much and I still happily refer them to a competitor who has pricing in their range. I agree not only are there many decent salemen out there, but also many excellent ones as well. Check out an Infinit dealershp sometime - I would love to buy all my cars there but there is no dealership close to where I live now. Too many people walk into car dealership preparing to be adversarial with a chip on their shoulder and then can't believe they're not being treated seriously.