Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dads4galsdads4gals Member Posts: 3
    That sounds like a great deal. What dealership did you get it from?
  • tinypatchtinypatch Member Posts: 7
    I got it at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA.
  • sam011002sam011002 Member Posts: 8
    Matt Castrucci in Dayton, OH over the internet.

EXL-V6 sedan $23230.40 vehicle price, $250 doc fee.
  • graberggraberg Member Posts: 8
    Hi, wanted to verify this price was for the V6 and not the V4. I have a friend looking for the EXL-V6 sedan and lowest price quoted is $25,500 plus TTL.
  • ecb2ecb2 Member Posts: 3
    Was it a manual or automatic? The manual I'm looking at--and this is the best price I can find in Chicago--is 23,900.00 OTD. That's before trade-in, however.
    This was not the V6. I think you might need some magic to get that price for the V6. You should see if there are any new 2008 V6 still available because you might be able to get a great price on it. The 2008 has the exact same look.
    I purchased the automatic. The dealer I went to claims they sell the most Honda in the US. It may be that they cut the best deals. Your price seems pretty good. I would try to get some extra fees thrown in for that price and then see what you can get for the trade.
  • postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    I agree, it is about $6000 off if it is V6 EXL. My guess is that either trade in was involved, or it was V6 EX model that costs about $2000 less than V6 EXL.
  • hondajapanhondajapan Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    When did you buy your car in Atlanta. I am looking to buy Accord EXL with Nav.
    Can you e-mail me the contact person: amipurohit at gmail.com
  • teitei Member Posts: 1
    I really want to get price accord sedan ex-L w/ navi under 23,000OTD.
    I am living in VA. u guys think it is possible to get one?
  • gtg714cgtg714c Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 2009 Honda accord LX. Could you send me more information for your car. I thought you got a great deal. Also, I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Thanks
    It is a EXL V6. I did purchase in April. I notice that there has been some talk that this could not be correct. It is correct. It is a V6, with leather interior. The only thing it does not have is the nav. It is new, never before titled, it was not a demo. It had been a dealer trade and had 195 miles that came from transporting the car from one dealer to another. I did not make a trade in. I got it for $6000 off MSRP. Thanks
  • graberggraberg Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply. Is there a consensus that the prices in April were better than what is being offered today?
    There was apparently a hidden $1000 that was available to dealers in April that is not available today. Last month there was also a $1000 marketing assistance. Some people have said that this amount is now $1500. So, the amount available from Honda to dealers is between $500-$1000 less. If it is the $1000 less, then a comparable price in May would be approx. $24240.
  • razduckrazduck Member Posts: 21
    I was wondering where can I get the best pricing for a new 2009 Honda. We are getting close to purchase time, and want the EX-L V-6 w/ Navigation 4dr Sedan in Black on Black. At this point we only want to add the wing spoiler, trunk organizer, and moon roof defelctor. We went to a couple of Honda Dealers and they are giving us loose quotes in the range of $28,000 to $29,000. I think we should be able to do better than that, any advise
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Honda did a great job selling Accords in April, but that is largely because they gave dealers an additional $1000 secret rebate on each one they sold. I am sure sales will be down this month, because that incentive expired. I suspect they will offer it again, possibly in June or July, depending what their inventory looks like.
  • beatlefredbeatlefred Member Posts: 14
    I have an '05 Accord EX-L (4 cyl, auto, desert mist metallic) that I bought new in October '04. Its in great condition and only has a little over 18K miles.

I was thinking about upgrading to an '06 TL (in either white or black, and prefer it to to be under 35K miles). I've never driven a TL before, so I was wondering how much of a step up it would be from the Accord I have. I guess a test drive at a local dealership here in the New York city area would show me how much I like driving it (as opposed to my only looking at them on the road and admiring how nice they look :)

Can anyone give me some idea of what a good trade-in exchange would be? What would be a reasonable price for my Accord, and a reasonable price for an '06 TL. Bottom line: what is the difference in price between them?

And which dealer in the NY area would be the best place to get a good deal on a trade-in?

Thanks,

Fred
  • la20la20 Member Posts: 2
    Hi There,

I live in san francisco, ca and looking to buy 2009 Accord EX-L Sedan AT trans (no navigation) this few days. I got a quote after much haggling for $21,800 (destination fee included). I just have to pay for tax and dmv fee and doc fee. Do you think this is a fair price?

Anybody can tell me if I can get lower than $21,800?
  • mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    That looks like a great price. Accord EX-L 4DR AT transmission.

Invoice = 23,935
    incentives = - 1,500
    destination = 670

total = $23,105

Has the secret dealer incentives already returned? Looks like there's a $1,300 delta between your qouted price and what is on the Edmunds website. Again, looks like a great deal. Let us know how it turns out.
    I can't say enough about Matt Castucci Honda in Dayton. They beat all the other prices I got by about $500. Also, the extra items you want, the spoiler, deflector, organizer, tend to be high profit items for the dealers. You can probably do better just buying the car from the dealer and not including those items. After you get your price, you might ask what they will do on those items, but you check out the prices at www.hondapartsdeals.com or another online honda dealer. They have good prices. For example, their price on the items you mentioned is $204 off retail.
    That looks like a great great price.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Are you looking at the LX or the LX-P? The LX-P has a $1000 higher MSRP ($850ish after discounts) and it adds 16" alloy wheels, security system, auto-up and -down feature on driver and front passenger windows, illuminated window switches, chrome exhaust tip finisher and 8-way power driver's seat. It's a lot of extra features for under $1k, in my opinion. It also should be easier to sell/trade in the future.

The Edmunds TMV for the LX-P with Automatic Transmission (using an Atlanta zip code) is $20,544. Another site, CarsDirect, is showing it at $20,244.

I'd suggest emailing all of the local Honda dealers in the Atlanta area for a quote. Here's the link to locate Honda delaers by Zip Code or City- LOCATOR
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • brianjandreaubrianjandreau Member Posts: 67
    I just received an Internet offer for 21,900.

We'll probably take it.
  • ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    I was looking to buy the same car. I got lowest offer $23000 +TTL in PA.
    Your quote looks to be good. May I know the dealer name?
  • la20la20 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input guys, looks like the $21800 is a good deal. For those who wants to know the dealer is san francisco honda, you will have to haggle the price cause another dealer gave me this same price and sf honda wanted to earn my business so they match it. I am going for them as they are closer to where I stay.
  • mnssmnss Member Posts: 3
    It should be an excellent price. I got a quote for $22800 for the same in Minnesota.(ofcourse +TTL)
  • squattysquatty Member Posts: 2
    If I may ask, which dealer in Minnesota quoted you $22,800 for an '09 EX-L? The best I'm getting is $23,200.

Also, does anybody know for sure whether the manufacturer-to-dealer incentive in May 09 is $1500? Wonder if there is any chance of last month's additional incentive coming back in June?
  • sibfsibf Member Posts: 5
    Dear all,

I am in the market shopping for a new car and really like the Honda Coupe. I got quotes from several dealerships and all of them are in the 25K range; the lowest quote I got is $25,185 +TTL which is $27,915 OTD. It seems that no dealerships are willing to lower the price. Is this the best I can get? Please help! Thanks in advance.
  • jimbo30jimbo30 Member Posts: 4
    I bought an Accord LX with a security system.

Price of the car itself was $18,570. Including TTL (9.25% tax in ca) plus security system, I paid $20,950 OTD.

I had just about given up on buying an Accord. I started emailing dealerships for Camrys and Mazda 6, but a salesman called me to ask if I could buy the car that day if he gave me the above quoted number. The deal was done.

Comments?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    jimbo30:

18.5 for a new Accord? I'd say you got a great deal. What color? Auto or manual. I've got an 08 EXL myself, and I love the car. It may be the best overall value on the road right now, if you take the quality that Honda puts into design and assembly into account. Nice work!
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Thanks for sharing your (horror) story with us. I just went in to a dealer today and got quoted $29,920 (car + destination) for a 2009 Accord EX-L 4 cyl, 4 DR Sedan AT. The price after TTL + doc came out to $32,074.
    Granted the salesman came back to me and said this is not the price you're going to pay, so why don't you tell me what price would get you to buy the car?
    Had I not known any better, I could've asked for a $5,0000 discount and still overpaid substantially (~ $2k over invoice - dealer incentives). I offered $23,000 +TTL and they seemed to want to make a deal. I was not quite ready to pull the trigger just yet as they did not have my color in stock. The saleman was pretty professional and courteous and overall, I thought he did a fine job. It's just the system that the dealerships have in place or set up. They mark up over MSRP and then make you think you're getting such a great deal negotiating them down a few grand. What has me a little hesistant besides the color of the car is seemingly how eager they were to have me sign on the dotted line for the price I asked for. Which to me seemed like a good deal. I'm wondering if there are any additional incentives that I'm / we're not aware of. I don't necessarily have to get another 1k off the price if that was the additional incentive. But an extra $500 of the $1,000 would be good and fair I think. If there is and they can then I think I'll sign the purchase agreement with the my color choice, of course.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    WOW, how did they inflate the price to the $29,920? The MSRP for an EX-L AT is only $27,075- they tacked on an extra $2800!?!?

As for incentives, there is $1500 "Marketing Support" (cash to dealer) on this model. If you qualify, they also have 2.9% APR for 24/36-months or 3.9% for 60-months.

Edmunds TMV for this car is $23,535 (using my Zip Code, your state/region may be slightly +/-). I also checked the pricing at CarsDirect.com and they quoted $22,985 (again using my Georgia Zip Code). I typically use the lower of those two as the highest price I'm willing to pay. So your offer of $23,000 was spot-on and a pretty darn good deal, IMO. Since they were so willing to take $23k, I say go for at least another $500 or so off if you're up to haggling.

Do you have a trade-in? If so, does that factor into the $23k price quote?

Was the $23k price for a car on their lot or are they willing to get it in your color choice for that price? I'm just curious, what color are you wanting?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Yeah, seems like a lot of dealers have markups. I was blown away at the Infiniti dealership. I was thinking that I was shown MSRP pricing, but even that sounded high. And now that you mentioned it, it was $2,800 over MSRP at the Infiniti dealership. They also did not have my color choice for a G37s. So didn't even get down to numbers because I was not going to settle if I was shelling out > $32,000 for a car.

To answer your question. No trade-in was involved, but they did ask if I wanted to trade my vehicle in. I guess maybe they could recoup some profit there. I'm not against a dealer making a profit. I just don't want to be bent over. In the end, a dealer is not going to lose money on a deal. So if they accept an offer, they are and should be making something on it. I wanted Polish Metal and they asked if I would buy it if they could get it in next week. Sounded like they were going to do a dealer swap and I could buy it basically off the boat. No one would (test) drive it, which sounded appealing. I may just do that. I wasn't in a rush to buy today or this month or the next for that matter. I was willing to wait another weekend to see if Honda would bring back the special incentives.

Does anyone know if the special incentives were based on a percentage of previous sales (i.e. 120% of previous month or quarter, to make it more fair to individual dealerships) or an absolute number (i.e. 2,000 cars, etc. which would make it hard for a low volume dealership to achieve).? Just curious as I think the dealerships in my area are low volume by national standards.
  • sibfsibf Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone offer comment on the Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Coupe price of $25,185 in Southern CA? I want to do if this is a good deal. If so, I am not going to bargain anymore and buy it before the registration hike on Tuesday.

Also, shall I get the Honda Care extended warranty 7Yr/100,000 miles $0 deductible for $1,000? Thanks again!
  • johnindelrayjohnindelray Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to buy a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 Auto Coupe in the Miami - Fort Lauderdale - West Palm Beach area. Can anyone recommend a good (honest) dealer in the area?
    Thanks in advance!
  • jimbo30jimbo30 Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, 18.5. 2009 Accord LX, polished metal, automatic. I think I did ok, but just wanted some reassurance/comments especially for future reference. And thanks.
  • igorkrigorkr Member Posts: 7
    What should the target price on a new 09 LX Manual be? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    I Bought 2009 Accord 4 CY EXL Auto Sedan for $22.7K.
    24.3K with TTL. Is it a better price?
  • nastacionastacio Member Posts: 370
    Back in 2004, I got the previous gen EX-L V6 model for $24K + TTL, an excellent price at the time.

Maybe back on November, when the whole world seemed to be at an end, you had a shot at a better price, but now, considering the price for the newer model, the discount you are getting is even better than what I got.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Probably the best place would be Maroone Honda in Hollywood. They have good inventory, and you will always get a better deal if a dealer has it instock.

Try $2000 under invoice for an EX .see what they say.
    The $22.7K price sounds excellent. Would you mind giving a detailed breakdown of the transaction?

Price
    Destination
    Doc.
    License & Registration
    Tax
    Other

Total

Thanks.... Mcbuyer
  • bert401bert401 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2009 Honda Accord LX Sedan with automatic transmission,polished metallic color:
    Price: 18,500, includes destination (670)
    Doc.: 298
    License & reg: 111
    Tax: 975 (5% in MA)
    OTD: $ 19,884

I e-mailed 4 dealers through Edmunds, the dealer responses were:
    Dealer #1, Herb Chambers, Seekonk, MA: $19,124, includes destination, plus TTL. I wanted to buy from them, but they did not move off that price.
    Dealer #2, Majestic, RI: $ 18,699, includes destination, plus TTL; never followed up with them to see if any strings attached
    Dealer #3, Silko, Raynham, MA: $19,222, includes destination, plus TTL
    Dealer #4, Boch Norwood, MA: $18,927, includes destination, plus TTL. Bought from them as described above.
    Price + Destination : $22,700
    Tax $1362
    Doc. $100
    License & Registration $138

Total : 24,300

Got wheel locks for free.
  • kareninmakareninma Member Posts: 4
    I wonder if tacking on 10% to the MSRP is an across the board Honda thing? I had the same experience when I bought my odyssey in 2005 in WA state. They sat us down, literally in front of me tacked 10% onto MSRP and that was their 'starting price'. I literally yelled at the guy and said 'you are basically calling me stupid - no one pays 10% over MSRP', he did seem a bit rattled by that, because I was seriously upset. It was ridiculous. We ended up paying a few thousand under msrp.

I'm wondering what folks experiences with internet quotes versus in-house negotiations has been? I've gotten a few internet quotes for the Accord LX sedan - do folks find that they can get the dealer to go lower than their internet quote? By how much?
  • collegeprescollegepres Member Posts: 1
    In the market for a used Honda Accord V-6 in Seattle and noticed the below vehicle offered by a private seller. Looked it up on Kelly Blue Book and it suggested $17.5K from a private seller (although I was unable to add some of its features, foremost being the 7 year/100K mile extended warranty with $0 deductible). My question for the board: How much would you initially offer for this vehicle? Not too sure I need all these features (first time Honda buyer here) but it sure sounds nice. Thanks!

Price $19,500
    Mileage 31,000
    Engine 6 Cylinder Gasoline
    Transmission 5 Speed Automatic
    Drive Type 2 wheel drive - front
    Doors Four Door
    Driver Air Bag, Side Air Bag, Anti-Lock Brakes, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control, CD Changer, CD Player, Passenger Air Bag, Rear Window Defroster, AM/FM Stereo Cassette, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors/Windows/Steering/Seats, Sunroof/Moonroof, Tilt Wheel

"Excellent Condition - Very Clean inside and out, One Owner, Non-smoker, Transferable Extended warranty 7 yrs/100,000 miles w/ $0 deductible. Well Maintained by Honda of Kirkland, where I purchased the car. 3.0 Liter - VTEC - Great Fuel Economy/milage, Fully loaded options including Premium Sound - 6 disc, AM/FM & XM with 12 months coverage, Voice Controled A/C, GPS Nav, Radio, etc. VST Traction Control, ABS (4-wheel), Heated Seats & Side Mirrors, Splash Guards, Trunk Protection Tray, and much more. It's a Honda Accord - What More Needs To Be Said! I have two cars and want to go down to just one car."
    Well, you didn't really get the wheel locks for free. You paid for the wheel locks; they just made you feel like you got them for free.

Given that I'm paying 21,900 for my EX-L 4cyl, you paid about $800 for the wheel locks! :P
    Did you already buy the EX-L 4 cyl AT 4DR for 21,900? If you did, that is an incredible deal. When was the purchase or quote? I'm just trying to figure out if the additional incentives kicked in.

Thanks,

mcbuyer
    That sounds like a great deal. Low price, low doc, and low tag fees. The tax is not too bad either. Thanks for posting the details.

mcbuyer
  • 1stmzda1stmzda Member Posts: 9
    Looking for my 2nd Honda, internet pricing doesn't work for Hawaii, they quote MSRP or higher. Frankly, I felt insulted that they would be so arrogant as to assume an interested customer would bite at that price during such hard economic times, guess they don't need my business. They are just interested in a sales lead as I've received several generic emails and vmails each day for the past 3 days. I probably will visit the dealers but I will not be asking for the Internet Sales Dept despite them mentioning "go directly to the receptionist and ask for me". Special price $25,175 for an EX Coupe, I4, no leather, hmm Edmunds says that's MSRP. Can anyone recommend a positive experience in Hawaii? If not, looks like my 1stmazda is my next buy. Thx
    To be honest, it may be the difference between the sedan and coupe. There shouldn't be a 800 difference, but maybe there is some extra incentive for a coupe because they don't move as many of them.

I got the quote a week and a half ago. We're taking delivery Saturday.

Just before I got this quote, I got another quote for 1000 more from another dealer. Somebody else posted not too long ago that they beat my deal by 100... there deal was for 21800.

In talking with the sales guy, I don't think the incentives really ever went away. He was upfront about being able to cut this deal because of incentives.