Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• icefire1icefire1 Member Posts: 1
    around $2558x.xx for EX and OTD $26,826 in Raliegh. I think it's not bad and will add the rear view camera at a local shop. I'm not a fan of the look of 2011 Odyssey either. Hope this helps. :)
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter for a major daily newspaper is looking for someone in the market currently for a minivan or soon to be in the market. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by July 7, 2010.
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    I know right! A garbage Bag Holder! Really? Who cares about something like that?
    And the fact that there was an emphasis on it in their marketing material is unbelievable!

There's nothing else in it that makes you say WOW. I mean even the new Sienna, the body is attractive. I wish the Toyota Body was on the Sienna Frame.
  • newhere79newhere79 Member Posts: 2
    Do you think waiting until the end of July will provide more discounts? What about end of August? When will dealers get really really aggressive in getting rid of the 10s that are left? We are not picky about color, etc, and don't really need to jump on a purchase.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    These vans are discounted pretty well. There is enough demand to hold those prices until they are gone and the 2011's arrive. You a likely to deal better now -- as the supply depletes people will compare them to the 2011 and demand will increase and the deals may actually worsen. There won't be any firesale of the 2010's --- look at the sky high prices of used Ody's. Buy now or be sorry.
  • indianakripsindianakrips Member Posts: 7
    This is the dealer in fredericksburg.
  • indianakripsindianakrips Member Posts: 7
    This dealer is located in North Raleigh. No extras as pirce is already low. They won't budge any further. I tried for extras.
  • stockboy1stockboy1 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    EX-L with RES/NAV & pro-pack

OTD ----> 35,312.79 - dealer in Texas

A good deal or no?
  • andagaandaga Member Posts: 23
    It sounds like it's not good, but it depends on your tax. 3% in NC. Really, you need base price for the car itself since TTL vary.
    Base Price is: 32,819.00

Good?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Bad.

What is propack?
    Toyota body on a Sienna Frame? Sienna doesn't have a frame.
    it's the wheel locks, splash guards and truck tray. if the quote is bad, how much more off should i be shooting for?
    try overstock.com - Zag program, free to sign up. That gets you in the ballpark.
  • jerrsnbrgjerrsnbrg Member Posts: 6
    how much more off can you get through zag???
    i went to the dealer with this price and he added $1000 worth of crap to the price-floormats, window tint, etc. ????
  • naidugnaidug Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2010
    My friend and I are planning to buy Odyssey in Houston, let me know if anyone interested to research together to get best deal.
    My email address: naidug @ hotmail.com
    I have found that zag is pretty good pricing for what I have around me. Can negotiate for propack or maybe 100-200 lower, but I find that all places seem to have a ceiling. I got push back around 200 lower than Zag, though some on here have gotten about 1000 less than Zag, maybe depends on state?
  • jaiankjaiank Member Posts: 2
    i got following quote for 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES and Navi.

$32,585
    +$1955.10 (PA State Sales Tax)
    +212.65 (PA Tags & Registration)
    -----------------------------------------
    $34,752.75 Out the Door

Please let me know if this is good or not.
    THe lowest base I have gotten is base 32,220, but other have gotten 31-something.
  • jleon1jleon1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi sjerl,

Could you share the dealer's information (name, address, etc.)? Would like to make decision to buy one pretty soon... Thanks a lot!
  • bolly2tollybolly2tolly Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I have a quote for EX-L with RES & NAV in DFW for 32,500 (incl destination fees) + TTL.

Good or can I do better.

Thx,

Bharath
  • alumiu90alumiu90 Member Posts: 7
    Bought in mid-June and still feel the price I paid was a great price. Appears that 2010 pricing is starting to head higher as inventory shrinks in preparation for the 2011 model launch. The $1,500 factory to dealer cash has now been offered for 3 straight months beginning in May so I suspect that you will not see Honda increase this figure at all in August.
  • roundrockhondaroundrockhonda Member Posts: 8
    Hey Bharath,

Can you please forward me the quote EX-L with RES & NAV in DFW for 32,500 (incl destination fees) + TTL ?

Please send it to roundrockhonda@gmail.com.
  • dfwhondadfwhonda Member Posts: 45
    I had a quote in the area for $33,150 + TTL for the same model. This includes the following:

- destination
    - 7 year 100k powertrain warranty
    - splash guards
    - door molding (to avoid dings to other cars)
    - wheel locks
    - cargo tray
    - darker tint on the windows
    - protection package for 5 years for interior and exterior

I think this price is a little high, but want to know what others are paying or have paid for an Odyssey with similar dealer add-ons (every model on the lots in Texas seems to have these add-ons).

Invoice + destination on this car is $34,400 according to edmunds.com (without any dealer add-ons), so if I subtract the $1500 cash back to dealer that should get me to $32,900. Paying an extra $250 for all of those dealer add-ons does not seem so bad, but then I guess I'm giving dealer all of its holdback.

Am I not thinking about this deal aggressively enough. Our favorite color is not available, so it is not as if we need this particular Odyssey that this dealer has to offer - we are compromising on color no matter what we purchase at this point.

Any thoughts much appreciated as I will likely put down a deposit today.
    Poster a few posts back got an Odyssey Tourning for 35K plus TTL. Why settle for extra add ons and compromise on color. Keep looking.
    If people are getting these offers at $32500 or below and that includes all of the dealer add ons, could you please let me know by replying to this post? The dealer add ons are the reason that dealers are telling me they cannot go below $33000.

Thanks.
    The 32,500 is without any addons.

With the propack and the addons ( Nitrogen in the tires and tinted windows) it will add another 950 to the cost.

So I may be looking at 33,500 with the addons + TTL ..

They gave me the same reason for not going lower. Addons are where they claim to be making money.
    Well, I have two dealers that have offered about $33,200 for their car with add ons (whatever they may be at the particular dealership) and the 7 year 100k mile powertrain extended warranty for this model of Odyssey, and I imagine that David McDavid in Frisco would at least match if they have inventory available (although last I checked most of their remaining inventory were touring models).

If anyone else has any experience in the DFW area getting a price prior to TTL below $33,000 with all dealer add ons included, please let me know. I did not purchase today, but will probably do so tomorrow (that is when the $1,500 cash back to dealer from Honda is set to expire per Edmunds.com).
  • charlottenolecharlottenole Member Posts: 5
    I was offered $36,900 OTD on the Touring. Good deal??
    How much of the $36,900 is tax and fees?

If you can get a Touring for $35K or less (including freight) before taxes, you should do the deal, especially if it is the color you want.
    Purchased a silver Odyssey tonight in DFW for $32,244 + TTL. Included in price before TTL is destination charge, 2 year/40k mile powertrain warranty at end of Honda's 5 year/60k powertrain warranty, 3 year fabric and paint protection package, cargo tray, wheel locks, darker tint for windows and color-matched door molding on front doors (yes, this dealer had more added equipment than most).

I think other dealers in the area would've matched the price, but I liked the additional powertrain warranty and 3 years of interior fabric and exterior paint protection, and thought the price was fair enough without fighting too much about the additional equipment.

Had 2 dealers (including dealer I purchased from) tell me that cash back to dealer from Honda would end today and may not be brought back, so I pulled the trigger once we decided on silver. I'll probably not check back to see if Honda increases the cash back, but if so, good for those who purchase Odysseys later this summer.

Dealer I purchased from also willing to give me fair value for a trade-in sight unseen, so that helped the process along.
  • mllrtimmllrtim Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get the remote starter installed? If so, can you share details - make, model #, features? Does it have any affect on the warranty? I'm looking for a remote starter for my 2010 ODY, and any info is appreciated.
    Hi,

Can you PM me the name of the dealer. I am close to pulling the trigger but my quote is almost 700$ more.

Thanks..
    Since I cannot figure out immediately how to send a PM, I will just post here that I purchased my Odyssey from Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas.
  • hythonhython Member Posts: 5
    Rusty is only dealer that give the extra 2 years on the warranty in DFW. Goodson North in Houston gives out a lifetime on the power train.
  • evan1229evan1229 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone heard anything about July incentives on the 2010 Ody?
  • stlminivan10stlminivan10 Member Posts: 5
    I have the appointment next week to install the remote starter. I do not know any details at this time......will know more by mid next week. I am also interested in the answer I get on the warranty question!
  • tke971tke971 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, the July incentive is the same as June. $1500

I spoke to a dealer in Las Cruces, N.M. earlier today and they have extended the same deals.

How much is the 2 yr 40K extension for the powertrain warranty?
    I do not know in NM, but at least at the dealer I purchased from in Dallas, Texas, the 2 year 40k extended powertrain warranty was thrown into the mix and not priced separately. Granted, this extended warranty was not an extended Honda warranty, but a third party warranty.
  • chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    Rangerspace ,Could I also get the spreadsheet as I am planning to buy 2010 Odyssey EXL with RES Package? Thanks

I got a quote in NJ for 29400 +TTL from Dealer ? Is this a good price ?

Thanks
  • minivanforkidsminivanforkids Member Posts: 2
    chiku18,

That sounds like a pretty good price for EX-L + RES. Which dealer in NJ?
    edited July 2010
    minivanforkids

This is from Route 22 Honda in Hillside, NJ,
    EXL + RES = 29.456 + TTL
    EXL+RES+NAV =31,400 + TTL

Here is the small note at end of dealer email
    *All prices quoted DO NOT INCLUDE, Sales Tax, Dealer Doc Fee, NJ Tire tax, Etch fee, MV Registration, Installed equipment and Destination charges. Must choose "In Stock" vehicles only.
  • pdesai1pdesai1 Member Posts: 5
    No trade. Total OTD including taxes, tags, document fees was $34,587. TN taxes are really high.

We were able to get all weather mats and splash guards. We got a great deal and did everything over the phone. Only went down when we were ready to sign the papers so it was totally hassle free.
  • rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    Chiku18,

You'll need to add destination to those prices and I know the EXL w/RES is $710. Still that's a good price IMO and they should do if they have to locate also. I paid $33400 OTD for an EXL w/RES in April and the incentive is $250 more. You'll need to push them for the same price to locate as I don't think there are a lot out there in NJ unless you know they have the one you want. We had to give 2 color choices. However, be careful they haven't loaded them up with dealer installed accessories to drive up the price and say NO to Etching. If they won't remove as some have it built in to their invoice form have them lower the price of the car or walk. They'll do it.

Tire fee is $7.50 - no getting around it

Dealer Doc fee should be no more than $299 as NJ does not regulate and I saw anywhere from $199 - 499 when I was looking. I think I paid $249 at Paramus Honda and the dealer was nice and easy.

MV Registration is a set fee in NJ and the 4yr Reg is around $384.

I'll need your email address to send the spreadsheet and I'll give you the name of who I dealt with at Paramus. They are rated A+ with the Better Busniness Bureau and you may want to check the dealers out there too. Edmunds also rates the dealers.

Good luck.
  • minivan4kidsminivan4kids Member Posts: 6
    Mileage 23K
    year 2008
    minor paint scuff on the front bumper
    came with factory RES + NAV
    price $ 27,500.

Please let me know if this a fair or good deal. thanks.
    minivan4kids,

I assume you are talking about an EXL w/RES and NAV. Used vehicles are tough because they do not have the manufacturers incentives so they tend to cost almost as much as a new one can be had for. Right now you should be able to get a 2010 EXL w/RES (NAV you can use a portable one) for around $30K before taxes and license which you'll pay on a used one too. If finaincing you should also be able to get a much more competitive rate either from a local bank (Bank of America has great rates) or some dealers even allow you to use the low financing as well as take advantage of the dealer incentive of $1500.

I'd do some research here and spend a couple of hours going back a couple of months to get some idea of prices and helpful negotiating hints if you think you might want to consider new.

Kelly Blue Book shows a $27,900 private party value for a that van in good condition.

Good luck but if your financial situation allows you to handle the extra couple of extra bucks on the monthly payment I'd definitely go with new. But you have to move quickly as the 2011 will be out soon.
  • minivan4kidsminivan4kids Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Rangersace,

yes, you are right it was Odyssey EXL with NAV and RES.
    I did check the KBB and the price came the same with yours. However, when I saw this forum and see how low people are buying minivan and checking Edmunds pricing, it makes me wonder if the offered price is good enough.

The current owner is financing the car through the bank, I offered him to pay him cash of $26,500.

I lived in Ohio, it seems either Toyota or Odyssey Minivan is selling quickly here especially the one that have RES.

I'm tempted to up my offer $27,000.00 not sure if this a good move or not.
    yes this is without the taxes, etc.
    Thanks Rangerspace for your detailed guidance. My email adress is chiku18 on gmail.

I could try paramus dealers as well. Please email me the details.

Thanks
    minivan4kids,

I still think that's high especially if it's private party and too close to new. Believe it or not dealers would rather you finance a new vehicle than pay cash as they get money for booking a loan and nothing for cash.

What you might want to do, if your credit scores are not bad, is buy new, put say $15K or so down, get a 60 month loan interest should be around 3% w/a payment around $330 and pay the loan off with the remaining $15K. At least you'll have new and know what you are getting.

Also, if you can wait I know a wholesaler who buys Honda's, mostly Accords but Oddy's too, off 3 year leases and marks them up very little. My friend brought a 2004 in 2007 w/28K miles for $15.5K. I considered it and he was going to do about $18K for a similar 2007. He's located in PA and I believe he can ship. He's a good guy but really only buys cars in the winter months nov - mar. Let me know if you have any interest.

Either way good luck!
  • walkingfishwalkingfish Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for an Odyssey and your quote looks very good. Could you pass me the OTD quote of $32,078 for EX-L w/RES and NAV at Sanford Honda to duanhx01@gmail.com?