Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• basil5basil5 Member Posts: 1
    2009 Accord LX Auto:

Base: $17,980
    Dest: $670,
    Tax: $1,119.00
    TTR: $148.50

Total: $19,917.50.
  • jswiftyjswifty Member Posts: 19
    That's a pretty good deal.
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    April 16th 2009 - albinh11 said:
    "I purchased a 09 4-dr Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi + mud guards, wheel locks, and door guards for $26,900 +TTL "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

albinh11,

What color combination did you buy for $26,900. I'm trying to buy the White Diamond Pearl car or Black w beige (ivory) leather and they won"t do the deal for $26,900. Some on this site have bought other colors (polished metal) for as low as $25,900 EXL V6 w NAV. Also, what was your MSRP? I'm guessing $31,615. Thx, Dave
  • dave4242dave4242 Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,
    Just picked up my 09 Accord EX-L 5 speed sedan last night at Schaller Honda in New Britain CT.

Price paid:

Car: $22016, including $710 destination (MSRP 26315)
    Conveyance fee: $299
    Ct State sales tax: $1338.90
    CT reg: $160

Grand total: $23,813.90

They also threw in wheel locks. No hard sell. Overal, was a great buying experience. What do you think about price?
  • benito_salinasbenito_salinas Member Posts: 17
    Action378,
    Can I ask where is the location? That sounds like a great deal.
    I am getting $25300 drive out price for a 09 ex-l4 with no nav.

thanks in advance,
  • jayfivealivejayfivealive Member Posts: 12
    Is it auto or manual?

I am getting a 2010 model @ invoice price + 399 dealership fee and it's suppose to be roughly 24.9k. It's a 2010 EX-L 2.4L manual (no nav)...
  • bjfromsdbjfromsd Member Posts: 5
    Deal all,

I have such a quote at CA

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
    MSRP Price $23,375.00
    Price about $19,000

OTD about @21,000

I want to know if this is a fair price. I am ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    I still haven't decided whether to get the Camry or Accord, but wanted to know if anyone in Houston, Texas bought an Accord LX 09' for invoice? Thanks.
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    How much is your sales tax in CA? $2,000 for drive out price seems alot, but i live in Texas where sales tax is 6.25% and fees,registration,title, etc should be around 300 bucks, so maybe CA tax is much more?
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    I just closed the deal on the above car. I drove both the auto and manual many times and came to the conclusion that the performance is much better with the manual plus the gas mileage is better. The manual shifts very smoothly and the clutch is light and fast. There is to much delay between pressing the gas and getting moving on the auto. The I4+5Spd is much better then the V6+6Spd from a smooth shifting perspective. If you want pure power then get the V6 but you really do not need it.

$23,115 - MSRP + Destination

$19,831 - Purchase price including destination
    $45 - Doc fee NYS max fee
    $172 - Title and tags with refund if it is less
    $1636 - NYS and local sales tax

$21684 - OTD

I really wanted the EX-L but the sunroof was just a non starter. The one thing I really want is heated mirrors but I have a few months to figure out how to make that work on the LX-S. If any one knows how to do this "upgrade" I would appreciate it since it is a nice feature in this cold region in the winter months.
    Jason50,

8.75% for most of Southern Ca. the fees are about $300-350.
  • ppmmppmm Member Posts: 12
    Hi Chikki,

Did you get the information from oliverjia ? I am looking for the same info.
    Please let me know if you have the contact information of the dealer.

Thanks,

JP
    The base price for the car is a very good deal.
  • 2004mdx12004mdx1 Member Posts: 1
    It is a very good deal. Would you please share with me the contact information of the dealer. Thank very much.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Buy the LX-P. This is a excellent deal!
  • dengludenglu Member Posts: 12
    This is an excellent price. I also live in Philadelphia area and would appreciate if you could share the name and location of the dealership. My email is denglu1@yahoo.com.
    Dear all,

Thank you very much for your response. I will talk to the dealer in a couple of days. I will share you my transaction then.
  • ppmmppmm Member Posts: 12
    Hi guys,

I just moved to MD a few days ago from MA. I plan to pick up a new car soon. But my insurance is still from MA. Do I need to change my insurance to MD in order to buy and register my car in MD ? Do I need to buy full coverage ? When should I change my driver license ?

Thanks,

JP
  • mike_smithmike_smith Member Posts: 11
    I am hearing a lot of problems with the new ACCORD's re: Rear Brakes. has anyone been experiencing the problem to the extent that we should be staying away from buying an Accord until the time Honda has a fix for this ??

Consumer Complaint Sites are filled with issues for atleast last 6 months and honda has not done anything to fix the issue till date with no fixed timeline on when it might be solved.
  • action378action378 Member Posts: 7
    Not a problem.

I purchased the car at Valley Honda in Aurora, IL.

A few days before I went to Valley Honda, I recieved 2 (from different dealers) on-line quotes. I took these quotes in with me and told Valley that I'd buy the car from them if they beat these prices.

They were very easy to work with.

Let me know if you need anything else
  • cpboy99cpboy99 Member Posts: 8
    I am planning on picking this up in the next couple of days.

The price I was given was $20,500 for an Accord Coupe LX-S I4. This is in So Cal. Any opinions on if the price is good, bad, or really bad...

I know it's about average, not really sure on how good it is.

Thanks,
    David
  • 2008honda2008honda Member Posts: 17
    basil5;

Yes it is going rate! I did buy the same in March 2009, (LX sedan, Auto, WHT, with VIN starting = JH....) (FL 6% tax & OTD = $19,890), but if you can wait 50-60 days, Honda summer clearance will start and may be you get another $400-$800 off.

Try more haggling, and may be you can get another $200.

Let us know what's your plan and what did you do?.
    :)
  • tennisplr285tennisplr285 Member Posts: 9
    09' Accord Coupe EX-L I4 5 Spd Purchased on 12/31/08 in Nashua NH.

Price Paid:
    Car $22,150
    Ext Warranty $935
    Total: $23085
    Financing 1.9% for 36 mo

*Extras included floor mats and Autobahnd Paint Protector (Invisible Bra)

Good buying experience...

Good deal?...
  • roc571roc571 Member Posts: 2
    thanks for sharing your purchase information.

actually i got a quote from bay area dealer(CA) for 17888(including dest) so for otd around less than 20K. I trying to offer 17.5K and they refused. I'm hanging here and confident that accord will be on sale in one or two month after 10 models come out.
  • roc571roc571 Member Posts: 2
    I got 17888 quote for LX two weeks ago and LX-p should be just + 900.
    this is for bayarea
  • solar2000solar2000 Member Posts: 25
    I asked Planet Honda in NJ for a detailed quote on an Accord ex-l v6 and they had the nerve to tell me that they don't talk pricing over email for this vehicle. Ever heard of that? Ridiculous!

May I ask you experienced car guys out there how you went about getting quotes? Email/Phone/In person? and did the dealers give you exact details of each fee/tax etc? They all seem so hesitant to give full disclosure and they expect me to buy the car without knowing what i'm paying for?? i don't want to lowball them, but c'mon, you have to be forthcoming. i hate this process!
  • chi0328chi0328 Member Posts: 4
    I'm going to pick up my Crystal Black Pearl Accord EX-L Navi 5spd with wing spoiler today. The deal worked out to be $24,800 before TTL ($24,530 w/o the spoiler). It's hard to find the 5spd with colors and trim level you want so I'm satisfied with this price. I could have pushed harder, but it's hard when you know there is only 1 of these cars in the five state area I live in.

A note on the spoiler for those that are interested. The installed dealer quote was $650. I was able to get them down to $270.

I just wanted to post my deal to help any others out there. I've learned a great deal from this forum durning the purchase of both my '05 Pilot EX-L DVD and the '09 Accord.

Thanks to everyone out there.
  • chi0328chi0328 Member Posts: 4
    It depends on the dealer. I've had dealers say I have to come in before they will talk price. I've also had dealers offer to send me pricing info over email without evening asking for it. I generally call the dealership and ask for the internet sales mgr. That person is generally used to dealing with folks who've done their research, know the car they want, and are just shopping price. I would try that. Don't hesitate to call smaller dealers that are outside of a major metropolitain area. I've gotten great deals from them. In the end, I think it just depends on the particular dealer/sales person you end up going to.
    Wow great car! I'm looking for accord ex-l v6, with navi as well. Black on black. with deck lid spoiler, body side molding, wood trim, bck up sensors and alarm system.

no one is willing to give me a detailed quote.

thanks for the info. i'll try to post if/when i actually get to buy the car.
    I ran into similar problems of salespeople trying to get me to visit instead of emailing quotes. When that happened, I emailed back saying that I was a serious customer who was too busy to make the trip to the dealer. The salesperson always responded with an emailed price quote. Request quotes from multiple dealers in your area. This will give you more leverage.
    Thanks. Yes, I will be requesting quotes from every possible Honda Dealer in NJ! I've only received one quote, and then five minutes later, he says "sorry, it's been sold". Can I say again, I hate this process and the shadiness of the people involved in it!
    Accord EX-L V6 Sedan with Navi, blck on black, with rear deck spoiler, wood trim, wood steering wheel, side molding

quoted

26000 for car
    2500 for accessories (he has totally up-priced these compared to other dealers)
    after total tax/title, etc

out the door price 31500. (even though up priced accessories, overall lowest quote so far)

is this too much? i think so... but i'll wait ot hear from you guys!

(by the way, after getting quotes from random dealer, i notice that they all decide to charge different amounts for registration, doc fee, license fee, etc even in the same state. what bull!)
  • cpboy99cpboy99 Member Posts: 8
    Finally picked up the car. Silver Coupe, I4, LX-S, MSRP $23,905.

Final price paid was $20,164 plus TTL. OTD was $22,344.
  • amithamith Member Posts: 5
    Hello Folks,

I'm in the market for a new Accord Coupe - EX-L. The coupe model is just amazing..
    Currently I have received couple of quotes from the dealer which is around 23,500 + TTL ( Kansas City area)

Do you think this is a good quote or I can do better than this? Any feedback on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Purchase a 2009 Accord EX Sdn V-6 three + months ago, and have 2500 miles. I checked my dip stick, and it shows that I've used a 1/2 quart of oil. The check was done after the car was parked in garage, for two days, and was on level ground. When I purchase the car new, the stick showed full. I contact dealer service, and was told that I probably read it wrong, and to bring it in and they would check. Helloooo dealer. I've checked oil in cars many years, and it does show that I've used a 1/2 quart. I've had three other Accord V-6's, and drove 4,000+ miles before oil change, and the stick always show full.

Has anybody out there had that "problem" with their new 09 Accord V-6?
  • benito_salinasbenito_salinas Member Posts: 17
    All,
    Im getting a OTD price of $23665 on a new Accord Coupe EX-L i4 Auto black on black, with wheel locks and the sunroof visor. This includes a trade in that gives me about a $1000 towards the car. Is this a good deal?? Im in South Texas.

Thanks!!
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    My 08 V6 did the same thing. I had to add a quart at 4k miles, but it's been fine with little-to-no oil consumption since. I now have 16k+ miles and have scheduled my second oil change next week.
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    you may want to try the 2008 / 2009 accord maintenance thread instead - as this thread is to discuss pricing, etc. Good luck!
  • mwrlghtmwrlght Member Posts: 3
    That's the best price I've been able to find in S. Cal. I found out about a $1,500 rebate from carsdirect.com that is supposed to apply to both sedan and coupe. I talked to another dealer and they said yes but quoted me almost $29k. Does anyone have any information regarding this manufacturer rebate?
  • richnatorrichnator Member Posts: 3
    Sounds about right. I paid around 24.1 k OTD on a sedan. I heard coupes are in higher demand. Plus you get the benefit from not being taxed due to the trade-in. I would get it. I love the EX-L, but I sometimes wish i got the 6 cylinder. Arggggh!!! I still love my car though ^_^
  • dengludenglu Member Posts: 12
    2008honda:

Thanks for the useful info. BTW, do you happen to know when the Honda 2009 Summer clearance will start this year? I tried googling for this, but could not find a specific answer? Is it something going on right now already? Any info on this clearance thing would be much appreciated...
  • sgandlasgandla Member Posts: 6
    IS the HONDA year end clearance event available on now?
    If it has started? When does it end?

I live in DC metro and looking to get a Honda Accord
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    The $1500 is dealer marketing money not a rebate to the customer. The dealer decides if they want to give you some, all or none of the money. Press for as much of it as you can get. Coupe's are selling and they do not make nearly as many of them as the sedan. ymmv
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    Yes gasmizr is right in what he told you. here is a link in edmunds that you can find useful http://www.edmunds.com/popupinfo/incentivesandrebates.html.

This is why this $1500 are not advertised. What you are thinking of is a manufacturer to customer rebate . with manufacturer to dealer they dont have to give you anything if they do not want to.

but you should have no trouble getting the $1500 marketing support. best thing to do is try another dealer.

From what i have seen it is more likely for dealers to give you better pricing on the sedan than on the coupe. maybe becaus ethey know that there are less and if someone really wants it they will be willing to pay more money.

i tried all dealers in my area and i went to 2 who said they would give me lower pricing but once i got there they try to stick me with over priced dealer add ons.
    only one of them after i told them no deal got their manager to talk to me and he said that he would not charge me the $1500 dealer add ons. the only bad thing is that i would have to get a and exterior color that i did not like.i got a call from another dealer and got the color combination that i wanted. maybe it would have been nice to have $1500 worth of dealer add ons for no charge but to me it wasnt worht having add ons and not the color i wanted. only thing that i got at no charge was the paint and interior environmental protection which they originally wanted $600 (i would never pay for this).

in my opinion if there is a color combination on the coupe that you like be aware that there are many less of the coupes than of the sedan. in my state they do not hav ethe EX on the blue color and have very few of the red. but if you have no preference on color then there is no problem
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Honda Clearance started today and ends on September 8th.

There is a credit of $1500 dealer cash and low interest loans.

Probably is another $500 floating around if the the Dealer sells enough cars.
    One benefit of dealer cash as opposed to a rebate: In Florida you would have to pay 7 percent sales tax on a rebate, but you pay no tax on Dealer Cash, because it doesn't appear on the Sales Contract. That saves you $105.

The dealer doesn't have to give you the discount if he doesn't choose to. If he only has a couple of coupes on his lot, he will pocket the cash for himself. Supply and demand, just that simple.

As always, try to show up on the last day of the month, if you want rock bottom prices.
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    they had the dealer cash for a while. and the special APRs are the same only bad thing is that as of this month you can no longer combine the dealer cash with the special APR.
    in their web page honda only says that there is a honda clearance but they say nothing of any rebate. i think it is more of a way to get more people in the dealerships. they are the ones that set final prices.
    There is no rebate, and they don't have to share the Dealer Cash with you. That is up to you to negotiate.

If you live in a big city, that should be no problem. If you are in an area with little competition, or if you are trying to get a hard to get model, you won't see that $1500.

If you are not good at negotiating, check out carsdirect.com, and they will get the $1500 for you, as long as you are in a competitive area.
  • newcarbuyertxnewcarbuyertx Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal...for $19,960 + TT&L

New 2009 Honda Accord LX-P Automatic (Black) which includes the following:
    -All-season floor mats
    -Tint (with lifetime warranty)
    -Pinstripe (already included on the car)
    -Mud guards/splash guards (already included on the car)
    -Tire wheel locks (already included on the car)
    -Door edge guards (already included on the car)
    -Trunk tray (already included on the car)
  • lonny2lonny2 Member Posts: 1
    I got a lot of info from this forum on what to shoot for in pricing my new Honda. Thought the least I could do was to share how my deal worked out.

2009 EXL AT I4, Black w/ Ivory interior
    MSRP: $27,115
    Invoice: $24,645
    Price: $22,500 + $99 Doc fee. = $22,599 + TTL

Car also had dealer aded pinstripping and splash guards which is not included in the above MSRP. They agreed to include it in the final price, so those came along as a bonus. Dealer was great to work with. They are holding car until first of the week to get Cash for Clunkers paperwork done. Getting $3,500 for a '99 worth about $2K. Is our government a mess or what? But if they are offering I guess your a fool not to take it. Net result is a new car that should get me by for close to another 10 years for about $19K. I like my deal. Thanks to all who posted here in weeks past. I am convinced this forum helped me save some money. :D