Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• renizreniz Member Posts: 1
    All,

I live in Dallas, TX. I got a OTD quote of for Accord 09 Sedan LX (with 2.9% Honda financing) for $22,500. The price includes 'Pro-pack' & window tint. Previously many have advised in this forum to wait till August for the release of Accord 2010. If I decide to wait till the end of August, how much will the price come down? Please advise. Even an educated guess is helpful.

Thanks
  • mwrlghtmwrlght Member Posts: 3
    Called a few more dealers today, ended up driving away in an EX-L V6 coupe w/o nav. for $26,150 out the door. I used my clunkers $3,500 to take care of the taxes and other miscellaneous fees.
  • twing54twing54 Member Posts: 4
    Hey denglu: Try going to the honda website for details. :shades:
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    The clash for clunkers is for cars with 18MPG or less right? Mine came in at 19 MPG, so can i still get something for it?
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    The short answer is no, you will only get the normal trade-in value.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Without any options the offer LX-P 4 drs should be 19,347 for Accord of MSRP 23,515

You decide if it is fair price of listed stuffs re the difference 613 (19,960 - 19,347)
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Member Posts: 14
    Well I picked up the 2009 Honda Accord LX-P with 10 miles on it this week. I paid exactly $20100 after tax, destination charge and processing fee. Additionally, I received free rush proof undercoating, pinstripe, and mud guards. So did I get a good deal? I can refer you to the salesperson that got me the deal.
    I was thinking of asking for a free trunk tray as part of my overall deal. How much does it cost to buy from Honda?
  • inquisitivemaninquisitiveman Member Posts: 4
    Where in Texas did you get this deal? A relative of mine told me he bought a 2009 Honda Accord LX with a driveout price of $20,050 in Houston . This is LX auto without the 'P', so very base model LX.
  • inquisitivemaninquisitiveman Member Posts: 4
    The price might not come down as much due to demand. It could be different in Dallas though. I know in Houston, the cars have been selling like hotcakes. I do think you can get a better deal for that though. You should be able to get $20,500 OTD for that.
    What OTD price did you get on your Accord coupe LX AT? Also, did you finance? If so, what APR? It is very hard to really get the great deals in Houston like so many other forum posters have been getting in other parts of the country. I think the demand here is also great. I noticed on the weekend that there were so many people out shopping for Hondas everywhere. I went to like 4 dealerships all day Saturday and it was packed.
  • kevinharriskevinharris Member Posts: 5
    can you let us know which dealer and the name of salesperson?
    Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Just as a reminder, we don't permit names of individual salespeople to be posted here - the dealership is fine.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mapman11mapman11 Member Posts: 4
    ">2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4 - (Black on Tan) Set up the deal on Sat 7/25 in Charlotte, NC. Car Price $22,761 with mud guards and wheel locks. Then add on SC Sales Tax of $300, Tag & Title $40, Doc Fee $399. Out the door Price $23,500. Then they took off $3,500 for my cash for clunker 1997 Chev Blazer for a cash price of $20,000 after trade in. Will pick up the car this week after finalizing cash for clunker paperwork, and after they bring it in from another dealership. Visited 4 dealerships that did not have the black on tan EX-L, so felt ok about them getting one from somewhere else. This forum has been very helpfull to me, hope this info helps someone out there.
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    I agree here in houston, texas it is very difficult to get the amazing deals others have got in other areas. Plus almost every dealer here has added extras that raise the price. when i got mine none of them where willing to give me the extras for free except for one but unfortunately they did not have the color combination (exterior interior)so to me it wasn't worth having a color i didn't want just for the extras. i did finally find one with no add ons except for the environmental interior/exterior protection thing which i did not pay for.
    but yes overall it will be very difficult in houston to get the great deals others have got. plus even here it has only been a couple of people that have got those deals not everyone here.
    you should have no problem getting the $1500 marketing support. there is only one dealer i would not recommend they have to honda dealerships in houston so just be careful with them i would personally never buy from them.
    If you can't get a good deal in Houston, why don't you drive to some other city? It is hard to believe that Houston is any different from any other big city.

I took all of five seconds and went to carsdirect.com and saved $4000 off the MSRP. What exactly are you looking for?

2009 Honda Accord 2.4 EX-L 4dr Sedan AT

$27,115
    MSRP Price:
    CarsDirect Price: $23,090
    I don't think Hondaccord09 got his car from Houston though,so probably a moot point.
    I think it might be worth it to drive out of Houston to Dallas or some other Texas town if you can save around $300-400 bucks. However, i don't think you are going to get that much of a discount from what you can get in Houston for a base model Accord LX. I think the margins for the base model are very low already, thus harder to get the huge discounts vs. something like an EX model. I know someone who got an sedan Accord LX AT model yesterday for $20,100 OTD in Houston. He paid cash with no trade in. He said not any other dealer was going to go down to $19,800 OTD for cash when he initially negotiated. Who knows though, maybe the dealerships will go below $20,000 OTD if you finance with them. Just a thought.
  • jlew219jlew219 Member Posts: 1
    I haven't seen any prices paid for an 09 Accord EX., 4cyl, Red Basque Pearl with Ivory Interior, cloth is what I'm looking at. I've been given and internet quote of 0$21,298 based on an MSRP of $25,075. Wondering what others have paid and if that is good? Let me know...much thanks in advance!
  • mcy1mcy1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone-

I am thinking about either LX-P or EX-L here in New York. My questions are:

1) Would I be able to get the price (with current incentives) of LX-P (Sedan, Auto) to $18000 with MSRP of about $23000?
    2) Which one do you think the sales person would give you more "room" for decreasing the price? LX-P or EX-L? The dealership I went seemed to have a lot of EX and EX-L's but not too many LX-Ps. Do LX-P's sell a lot more than EX-Ls?

thank you!
    M
  • rhett78rhett78 Member Posts: 22
    The downside to the current scenario with Honda is that if the dealer accepts the marketing support, the consumer may not get the preferred interested rates when financing with Honda Credit. It's an either/or situation, wheveas under the previous program you could get both. I shoulda pulled the trigger on the new 09 Accord Coupe before the situation changed....I really do have 20/20 hindsight.

Who knows what other incentive money is available to the dealers if they sell X amount of cars in the specified time period.
  • rhett78rhett78 Member Posts: 22
    I got a really super price from Gillman Honda Southwest in Houston. They sold the car before I committed to purchase, but the price was right...$23,998 for a new 09 Accord Coupe V6 EX-L w/o nav, and no BS add ons.
    You are correct. I'm not from Texas.
    I'm not in NY, but i would think the higher end ones(EX) have more room to negotiate since their margins are higher and thus they can go down more. I think the LX doesn't have that much room to go down vs. EX. I believe the LX sells more than EX, but it really depends on the region or area you're from. From what i saw at my local dealership, many buyers were getting the EX. They wanted the options, bells and whistles, etc.
  • th83th83 Member Posts: 164
    What dealership in Charlotte did you purchase from? I live in Charlotte, and so far, I haven't had much luck finding a good price on the same car (EX-L I4 automatic). Hendrick quoted me almost $24k before taxes and fees a week ago which left me somewhat discouraged, especially after seeing others in this forum getting the same car for over a grand less (some as low as $22.5k).

What's worse is that other dealers won't even reply to my quote requests. In this economy, you'd think that dealers would be jumping all over anyone who expresses interest in buying a car. Not in this area, and especially not Hendrick Honda. They're just as arrogant as ever.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I was going to go in person and counter Hendrick's offer with $22,500, but I was afraid that I'd be laughed out of the dealership. At least now I know a realistic price that I can shoot for without feeling foolish.
    If they have the car in stock, and if you come in on the 30th or 31st, I am pretty sure they would accept $22500 +++ tax , license , and fees.

There is a Honda dealer in Fredricksburg Virginia who will probably go below that. Give them a call or email their Internet Dept.
    I did get the EX-L I4 automatic, and I purchased from Hendrick on South Blvd. Started at offering $22,500 total car price before cash for clunkers trade of $3,500.
    I went in with the price from the USAA car buying service of $22,610 that was good at the Easly, SC Hendricks dealership. The USAA price was before TTT and dealer add ons, and dealer fees. If you get a chance, I would recommend visiting Easly. I think I could have slighly imporoved my deal there, but there was some confusion over mud flaps and wheel locks that I could not get resolved. I went in Hendricks Charlotte and showed them the USAA price and said that I wanted to improve on that. I know what you mean about the arrogant part, I did get some of that. They are very skilled sales people. I do feel that I probably left $250 to $500 on the table, but at the end of the day I was ok with the deal.
    About the internet quotes, I did get responces from 4 of the 5 places I e-mailed. For some I got e-mail addresses from websites and for others I went through the Honda site. Ironically Hendricks Charlotte was the only place that did not respond to my e-mail request for a quote.
  • jswiftyjswifty Member Posts: 19
    Your quoted price is good, but you can do better in some parts of the country. I bought an EX in a different color in June for a base price of $20,500. The internet quotes I initially received from several dealers were in the range of $21,161 to $21,298. I emailed the dealers asking for counteroffers until arriving at the purchase price. I am in PA.
    I like that idea of e-mailing dealers back for counter offers. Great suggestion, I'll keep that in mind next time around.
  • roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    Can you tell the net price before tax/fees?

>gasmizr (Jul 24, 2009 11:28 am)

>Called a few more dealers today, ended up driving away in an EX-L V6 coupe w/o nav. for $26,150 out the door.
  • backfistbackfist Member Posts: 30
    How does $27,777 sound for a price for an automatic EX-L V6 coupe with navigation?
  • sshvhsshvh Member Posts: 13
    a sedan goes for $ 26K so extra $ 1.8K seems high though dealers have less supply of coupes.
  • backfistbackfist Member Posts: 30
    Very few V6 coupes left around here (Denver)
  • ilovenewcarsilovenewcars Member Posts: 4
    tell me what you guys think, i've been shopping around for two weeks and i think this is the best i can do....

2009 Accord LX-P Sedan---Polished Grey....Out the Door Price: $21,100

or

2009 Accord EX Sedan (4 cyl)...out the Door Price: $22,585

good deal (leaning towards the LX-P, dont want to pay $1500ish for basically a sunroof and 13hp) or should i keep shopping????
    i think that is a good deal for LX-P! the LX price where i live goes for around 20,100 OTD. there is about an $800 difference between the two models.
  • johnj56johnj56 Member Posts: 55
    Just purchased the Accord EX V6 Mystic Green Metallic $23,500 Plus Tax/Tags/Title.
    Pleasant experience. Just browsing not ready yet. We wanted to look at The Altima, and the Mazda 6. We told The woman at Honda, She was fine with that. We test drove the LX P V-4, and the EX V-6. We were given prices on both with NO pressure. We did not counter offer. We already looked at the Mazda 6 and the fit and finish just did not seem A1 to us. We went to look at the Altima, we were told they no longer make them in V6, and there was less room (at least seemed to us) than the Accord.
    We went right back over to the honda and bought the V6. BTW they offered the LX V-6 @19,673 plus tax tags and title
  • gmcgrathgmcgrath Member Posts: 7
    Guys,
    I need a suggestion on buying a new car. I am caught between 2009 and 2010
    should I wait till 2010 comes in to the market. Or should I go with a 2009. Honda has a clearance program I don't know the discount from that. will 2010 models has the 1500 marketing incentive.
    There is not much difference between the price of the 09 and 10 models. I bought the 2009 Accord LX-P for $20100 (TTT already included and didn't pay another dime!). My deal started with $2000 below the invoice price. I had to obtain my own financing (3.99%) for the deal I was getting. I also got free rust proof under-car pray, pinstripe and splash guards. Buy the silver or black one (if you're the type that likes a black car).
  • cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    I am looking for the exact same car. What state are you in?

I'm in Illinois and have a somewhat nearby dealer at $22,998 plus tax/tags for the 09 Accord EX V6 in mystic green or Polished metallic.

Good deal anyone?
    I am in NY and the deal seems MUCH better than mine, no?
    Mine ended up being $1326 under edmunds listed invoice.
    You did $1828 under invoice, But maybe you dest fee was less NY is $710
  • th83th83 Member Posts: 164
    The differences between the 2009 and 2010 sedans are minor.

According to the latest Motor Trend magazine, the 2010 Accord sedan will feature rear A/C vents on all EX models, additional trunk lining on the EX (I guess they mean the lining on the bottom of the trunk lid that only the V6 models have as of now), a redesigned HVAC panel (I guess to reduce the number of buttons on the thing and make it more user-friendly), Bluetooth on EX-L models without NAV, minor updates to the interior trim on all models, and two new colors for the V6 sedan: Dark Cherry Pearl and Bali Blue Pearl.

As for the $1500 marketing support, I seriously doubt that will be available on the 2010s right off the bat. There will probably be a surge in price right after they hit the lots (to gouge those that have to have the latest and greatest), but prices should drop back down to around invoice shortly thereafter and the marketing support should kick back in by the end of the year/early next year. That's just my guess, anyway.
  • cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    I'm going to try and jump on the deal then. Destination is $710 (used to be $670 I think) here.

Local dealer near me beat that $22,998 with $22,670 with $710 dest. Best dealer, bought 5 cars through them with no BS and definitely prefer going through 'em, so I'm very glad they beat it by that much.

Your price was with the $1500 incentive right?
  • bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Member Posts: 31
    Folks, 2009 EX-L 4cy Auto Sedan for 22,650 +TTL Good deal or not? Paramus Honda.
    Thanks in Advance for comments.
    Is the dealer holdback on the Accord pretty much the same on all Hondas or is it different depending on what type of Honda? What is the dealer holdback(% wise) on the Accord. Just curious.
  • newcarbuyertxnewcarbuyertx Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2009 Honda Accord LX-P Automatic (White) - $19,800 + TT&L ($21253 out-the-door).

With the following:
    -Tint
    -Mud guards/splash guards
    -Tire wheel locks
    -Door edge guards
    -Trunk tray

Hope this helps someone...
    ther is no "incentive" as in rebates. Ther is a $1500 marketing to dealer that the dealer passed onto me in form of lower price. I was told if the car I wanted was not on his lot the price would be higher since not all dealers are sharing that marketing money with buyer.
  • carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    What was their reason for not getting you the car you want? Not sure what the $1500 has to do with color...
    They had the car I wanted on the lot and passed the full $1500 onto me. I was simply stating as I was told by my dealer. They said they can not gaurantee the same price they offered me if I wanted a car not already on their lot.
  • amithamith Member Posts: 5
    Folks,

Just a got a quote from dealer for new Accord ( EXL-sedan 4 cyl) for 23,600 + TTL.

Is this a good price?
  • roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    Should be $21600

[EDIT]: Sorry for type, I meant it should be $22600.