Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    Congratulations! I assume you would sell it in a few years. I plan to keep it for 10 years or even more, so I don't care which model year. I picked 09 to save $3000. :)
  • hewittphewittp Member Posts: 14
    All, could somebody provide me with a purchase price for the above? I'm consiering the Acura TL and above Honda trim. Any help is appreciated.
  • phillymikephillymike Member Posts: 13
    I too am interested in purchasing the same vehicle, 2010 EX-L V6 w/Navi Sedan. Yesterday I spoke to the dealer where I purchased my last few Hondas and was told that they are trying to sell the 2010 Accords for MSRP. Obviously that is not going to get me into the showroom. Then the Internet salesman went to edmunds.com to see what others are paying. That was about $1,000-1,500 over invoice - again way more than I will pay for a Honda Accord. I'm a big fan of Honda but I'll be waiting for the '09s to get sold so the dealers are more inclined to get more aggressive on the 2010 Accords.

Also, the only incentive he said was out there was low financing, 2.9% for 60 months in my case, for the 2010 Accord. The $1,500 incentive is for the 09 Accords, and the 4-cylinders only.

So I am very interested in taking delivery of a 2010 V6 but will wait until there more of an opportunity to get a better deal. And Bluetooth + a few other features of the new Accord are why I'm willing to wait. Still somewhat apprehensive about the VCM engine but hopefully the HondaCare warranty will cover me should anything go haywire over the 5-7 years I plan on owning the car.

Philly Mike
  • jayfivealivejayfivealive Member Posts: 12
    Thanks, congrats to you as well! I actually plan on keeping mine 10-15 years also, but I wanted such a specific car, it was going to cost me more to get an 09 than the 2010, and the added Bluetooth in the 2010 models I will actually use a lot, so I feel it was worth the extra money.
    I got a quote of $30K (excluding TTL). Is that reasonable?
  • sancho_panzasancho_panza Member Posts: 7
    I'm not sure I understand your question. $20,100 is the total payment I will make for my 09 Accord LX. I am assuming the $1500 incentive is built into this final price as I am not getting any cash back or am I paying anything more. I hope this response covers your question. Based on previous Edmund threads, I think low $20K range (out the door) for the 09 Accord LX has been the norm, so I think my deal is average.

I made the deal with Honda of Princeton at 987 State Road (Route 206) Princeton, NJ 08540
  • mommaroo1mommaroo1 Member Posts: 8
    I BOUGHT MY EX-L V-6 ABOUT A WEEK AGO IN WAYCROSS, GA. I CALLED AROUND TO JACKSONVILLE, SAVANNAH, AND HERE IN BRUNSWICK. THE BEST ANY DEALER WOULD DO WAS $800 OVER INVOICE-AND THE DOC. FEES WERE $600. THE DEALER IN SAVANNAH WANTED MSRP.

I PAID $65 OVER INVOICE---AND THE SALESMAN BROUGHT THE CAR TO MY HOME, AN HOUR DRIVE, WHERE WE SIGNED THE PAPERWORK. I PAID $27,050 FOR MY 2010, AND I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT MY BUYING EXPERIENCE. NAVIGATION ADDS ABOUT $2000 TO MSRP---CHECK THE INVOICE AT SEVERAL SITES--I FOUND DISCREPANCIES.

ANYWAY, IF WAYCROSS ISN'T TOO FAR AWAY, I RECOMMEND WALKER-JONES, ASK FOR OZZIE VALENTIN
  • tweedledee1tweedledee1 Member Posts: 5
    Chesapeake, VA - Since there isn't much out there on the 2010 model, I thought this might help. I worked really hard on this deal. I got the 2010 Honda Accord EXL - Automatic 4 cyl. I added splash guards, pinstriping and wheel locks. My MSRP was $27,723. I purchased the car for $25,173 and with tax, title, etc. added in paid $26,500 OTD. My husband says they never lose money on a deal, but I saw in my folder that they had a loss of $243.00. I did buy a paintless ding and dent warranty with a $0 deductible for five years for $399.00 (guess they made it up there) but I have a fit when my new cars have dents and dings from inconsiderate people and would have gotten it anyway.

Also, the dealer tried to sell me a warranty for over $1,400.00 for $80,000 miles. I told him I could get an 8 year/100,000 warranty from myhondawarranty.com for $760.00. He checked it out with me there and said it appeared legit. and told me that was a great deal and suggested I get it there.

All in all, it was a great experience at Priority Honda in Chesapeake, Virginia. I love my car!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    $27K OTD with NAVI is a very good price. Best around here 2010 EXL V6 wth NAVI OTD is $28.5K
    jb_turner, that's the best quote ever! Where are you located? I've been qouted $29.5K, without tax and docs. I want to give a low offer but not to the point of offending the dealer. Maybe I should start $27.5K!
    I can hardly believe. The best quote I got on a EX-L V6, 09 model, was 25.6k, and the same dealer gave me 22.7k on EX-L. They still has $1500 incentive on 09 Accord, but not v6 model.

27k for 2010 EX-L V6 with navigation? I just can't believe it.
  • mommaroo1mommaroo1 Member Posts: 8
    I DIDN'T GET THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM---HOPE I DIDN'T MISLEAD ANYONE.....I JUST MEANT THAT THE NAVIGATION ADDS ABOUT $2000 TO MSRP----IF YOU CHECK THE INVOICE AND GET $65 OVER THAT FOR A QUOTE, THAT'S WHAT MY DEALER WOULD HAVE DONE FOR ME.
  • connorbmxconnorbmx Member Posts: 19
    I visited the Honda dealer last night and have pretty much decided on an Accord. I currently have a 2005 Honda Pilot EX that is coming off lease and is roughly 18K miles over w/ a buy out price of $14325. My salesman (that I've previously purchased 2 other Hondas) has offered to take the Pilot on trade-in, I pay $1500 down along with a $500 Honda Loyalty Certificate that AHFC gave me when I extended the Pilot for 12 more months and I get a 2010 Accord LX-P with 15k miles per year 36 month lease for $336 per month including tax. I think that it seems to be a good deal because if I were to just turn the Pilot in, I'd have to pay $2600 in mile overage. Let me know what you think....soon. Thanks
    I am really really confused. seems you leased a Pilot, you can only buy at residule value, how can you trade in it? then you trade in it for a Accord, would you get 2 vehicles at the same time?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You can sell your leased vehicle to virtually any licensed dealer... All leased vehicles have a payoff amount, at all times during a lease.. It's just like an owned car that has a loan (from the perspective of the lessee).

Honda dealers may get an even better price on the car from Honda Finance (though other dealers won't).

Of course, in most cases, it isn't advantageous to trade... but, sometimes it works out..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bruceiibruceii Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2009 Accord EX Sedan with Automatic transmission for $20,490 + $1280 in taxes + $125 in registration fees, with 1.9% financing for 36 months.
  • altiplanoaltiplano Member Posts: 7
    Wow, this is great. Do you have any trade in or rebate?

I want to buy an Accord too. Could you post the contact information of that dealer? If possible, please send me a copy of your quote. My email is iamaltiplano@gmail.com. Thank you very much.
  • klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    Got a quote in Central PA of $29,142. With TTL, $31,088 OTD. That's $250 over invoice. Considering there are still '09s around, this seems like a good deal to me. Thoughts?
  • slazarslazar Member Posts: 3
    I got a similar deal on an '09 EX: $19890 . Better buy before Nov 2. I believe that's when the manufacutere to dealer ends.
    Shoot for invoice or below and compare OTD prices.
  • smartasiansmartasian Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a loaded Accord EX with 0.2 miles on odometer. Did 100% financing at 2.9% and no trade-in. Total was $20500 OTD, yes you read it right. I negotiate with dealers in online and made them compete against each other. One of my friends just last week paid $22,000 for the same car so I guess I did ok. I could have made them go lower to $19500 (that was my desired price) but it was not worth my time, so I accepted the deal.

This is the 6th car i've bought so i was aware of the tricks that dealers play...and here are the TIPs for you...

Always get On The Road (OTR) or Out The Door (OTD) price from the dealer, go to cars.com and get the online quotes before you visit your dealer. It will save your time and will create a base to start the negotiation. Their sticker price is always 1.5 time the actual selling price after adding averything so it becomes very difficult to get them to the price you want without internet quote/price.

Be very straight forward and to the point in the emails to dealer. Ask them to format the quote the way "You" like, Dealer love to play with numbers and will confuse you if you stay there too long or chat too much with them.

Good luck!

Edit: This was in Maryland (D.C. area) before anyone asks..

Also, go for LX-P for $18800 OTD/OTR, I bet you will get it....
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Just bought a loaded Accord EX with 0.2 miles on odometer. Did 100% financing at 2.9% and no trade-in. Total was $20500 OTD

I think they must have 1-2K hidden incentive somewhere (in addition to the $1500) in order to sell at this price. :surprise:
  • cmhondacmhonda Member Posts: 31
    My friend that works as a carsales man, says many time they get extra bonus for selling so many cars per month, so if this car was going to push them over to get that bonus, they very well could have made the deal too good to pass up.

And also, they are getting money from the federal government everytime they sell a car too, I'm not too sure on how much there, it is just something I heard through the grapevine.

Not cash for clunkers but a program that the federal government is doing to help the dealerships
  • altiplanoaltiplano Member Posts: 7
    Hi, smartasian,

I am planning to buy a 09 Accord. Could you forward me the price quote you got? I live in Delaware. So I think I can buy an EX from the same dealer.

Thank you very much.
  • mclarrymclarry Member Posts: 21
    Hella impressive smartasian. what is the tax rate for you? I've been negotiating with suburban chicago dealers and havent been able to get them below 22k otd. any extra advice would be appreciated.
  • ghostmicghostmic Member Posts: 1
    Hi smartasian,

I am in NoVa. Wonder if you could let me know which dealership you got this deal. I am thinking about a 2009 LX-P, but EX will be just fine. Could you email me a copy of the offer you got? richardkang1972@yahoo.com

thank you.
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    wow that was an amazing deal.
    it would be nice if you provided more details on this purchase. for example car sales price, TTL, or any other fees (doc fee).

The OTD seems way too. either this car was the last in their dealership and just wanted to get rid of it (it could have been in the lot for many months which cost them more to keep it).

For an EX the dealer would be losing what seems to be a bit of money.
    i do not know what tax rate is there but remember if it low in that state then for other people the OTD will more likely than not increase.
    lets wait to see if smartasian gives more details.

even if this person did get this price i would not expect other dealers to lose so much money. i would assume that most dealers will now have more 2010s and less 2009s. i would expect them to have lower prices than last month and sell in the $20,000-$21,000 range (i would aim more to the $20000 range) but i would expect this only as a sell price not OTD.
    but if any more of you guys can pull it off go for it.

by the way it was not honda that gave you the 2.9% apr was it. because i know for a fact that no dealer has been given special apr and marketing support since july.
  • jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    can you post the dealer name and price breakdown and any options or accessories you got. Thanks for ur help.
  • dude135dude135 Member Posts: 8
    Great Offer!!! Could you email me a copy of the offer you got? ncube2@hotmail.com
  • luxcil66luxcil66 Member Posts: 2
    Can you send me a copy also? Great Price... Will go for one as well... luxcil66@yahoo.com
  • carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    Stop trying to impress everyone with this b.s. price and 0.2 miles on the car. If the car did have 0.2 miles then the dealer did not do any sort of pre-delivery inspection. I doubt that did not happen, especially on an '09. So, I think you are full of it in both areas..............price and miles.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I have to agree with your assessment. It seems like there is a "one-upmanship" going on here. Some testimonials would have you believe Honda dealers are in the business of losing money. I can see "break-even" deals, but money losing deals don't make sense. The dealer saves money by not selling. The BS about selling that "one more car" at the end of the month so dealers and salepeople can earn their "spiffs" may have some truth if it was $100-$200 loss, but when you get $500 or $1,000 below cost; how much money do they have lose in order "make" money from Honda? Maybe I'll just wait until the ultimate deal comes along; a dealer pays ME to take the car off their hands!
    The BS about selling that "one more car" at the end of the month so dealers and salepeople can earn their "spiffs" may have some truth if it was $100-$200 loss, but when you get $500 or $1,000 below cost; how much money do they have lose in order "make" money from Honda?

Actually, it might be a lot more than $500 or $1000. I think the tax rate in MD is 6% for car. So, in order to get 20500 OTD, they have to sell the car at ~19K + TTL.

Invoice = 22,838 - 1500 - 500 holdback = 20,838 - 19k = 1,838 under invoice

I agree that the .2 miles on the odometer is BS.
  • gatorbaitergatorbaiter Member Posts: 20
    Heard of the incentive till Nov. SO_ I'm Getting a deal...not sure if its that GOOD or not. → 2009 LX-P $20000~ Out the Door ~ 1st payment of $302.70 due at signing and then 35 more... They also are cutting me a check for $1000 to pay off my remaining 3 months($335 a mnth) on my 2007 Accord. No other charges-
    Am I missing something ? ? ? :confuse:
    Is the residual in 35 months a big issue ??? -- if I'll be trading and releasing again... ?
    thxs
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    or willing to buy at the same dealership that SmartAsian got his Accord, his price is irrelevant. Every city, town, or region of the country is different. Supply and demand in those areas will determine pricing and what you can get OTD in addition to your own negotiation.Btw, I have noticed that people in MD have gotten very great deals on Accord from the posts on this forum.
  • dealmaker3dealmaker3 Member Posts: 2
    Found a new website (swaggitsearch.com) and linked up with another guy that wanted to buy an accord. I bought a 2009 EX V6 for 23,450. He got a great deal too. :)
    is this OTD or before taxes
    Anyone out there getting a better price than 23545 + ttl on EX V6. Pls let me know.
    Thanks
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    If you are only driving 3k/year why not buy your current leased vehicle. If you decide to turn it in, it will be worth more than the buyout price since the mileage is so low - use that to get the price of your next vehicle reduced. Best of luck.
    OTD means just that... drive it away price.. tax and all.
  • rsanrsan Member Posts: 1
    HI gang,
    I am interested in knowing what are the best rates and the best dealers who can provide so, for a 2010 Accord EX, 4d, auto - ---around NJ area?
    Thank you
    rsan
  • hwenghweng Member Posts: 1
    Hey smartasian,
    Would you mind telling me where you got this quote? This is really a good deal. I also live in this area (Baltimore actually) and I'm buying an Accord this week. Thanks.

email: wenghaojui@gmail.com
  • phillymikephillymike Member Posts: 13
    Hello Friends,
    Does anyone know if the 2.9% financing is applicable for 2010 Accords? I am looking at a 2010 V6 Sedan and on Honda's site it appears as though the special financing is only available for all the 2009s that are still on the lots.

Thanks,
    PhillyMike
  • klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    Yep. I just picked up my 2010 Accord EX-L VG w/Navi in Bali Blue yesterday. Got the 2.9% for 60 months. The current offer is good until 11/2, but they'll probably continue it. Got mine for $250 over invoice in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Actually got another quote for $150 over invoice from dealer in York, PA, but decided to go with the local dealer (wasn't worth $100 bucks).

BTW - I highly recommend Bali Blue. New in the Accord for 2010, it's the best application of that color yet.
  • tdmartintdmartin Member Posts: 1
    I agreed on a price and put down a $500 deposit on a new 09 EX-L yesterday around 5:00 p.m. The dealer did not have the color I wanted, so they went looking for one.

They arranged a transfer with a dealer about 60 miles away, and the sales guy drove down there and brought it back last night.

The car had 490 miles on it when sales guy took possession. After his 60 transfer miles, it has 550 miles.

He tells me the average at his dealership is 25-50 miles, and agrees that 550 is "a little bit excessive". The car was built in April or May 09, so it has been around a while. He says the car was transferred among dealers 3 times, accounting for most of the miles. Some may also have been test drives, according to sales guy.

We already agreed on a price. But I wasn't expecting 500 miles. How pissed should I be? How much consideration should I demand? Thanks for your comments.
  • tweedledee1tweedledee1 Member Posts: 5
    Seriously! That is no longer a brand new car. I got my 2010 with 5.2 miles on it. And...the car has to be driven a certain way for the first 900 miles. You have no idea who was driving that car and how they drove, probably not like it was their "new baby". On test drives people "floor it" to see what kind of pick up it has and all sorts of things. I wouldn't take it. I had to put $500.00 down when I ordered my car, but I was told that was just to hold it. If I wasn't happy, I didn't have to go through with the sale.
  • nbdeucenbdeuce Member Posts: 22
    Had the same happen to me at a Dodge dealership 15 years ago. They told me they found my color and it would take three days for transportation. Got a call the next day that my car was ready. Went to pick it up after work with bank check in hand and noticed my new caravan had 500+ miles showing. Dealer told me he had sent his bud out on a car swap which required he drive mine back. I was a little pissed that my "NEW" car was somewhat used. I left and refused to sign receipt of purchase doc.. The next morning I called the bank loan lady and she told me that my loan was for a new car and I was in a position to break the contract. I returned to the dealer thinking he would rework the deal but he refused telling me I had a contract on the table. I inturn told him no deal according to my loan lady. He said he would see me in court...of course he never did! I later found out that the States don't have a key number of miles determining new from used when the car does not have it's first title. In Canada, if you have over 25 KM's on the odometer, it becomes a used automobile.
    New is new...unless you give the dealer the OK to drive the thing from dealer to dealer, versusf a flat bed style ride.
    In Canada, if you have over 25 KM's on the odometer, it becomes a used automobile.

Are you sure about the 25? It's kind of too low. This can be possible if they don't let people test drive the cars and only use one car for test drive.
  • cmhondacmhonda Member Posts: 31
    From what I understand, it is new until it is registered, then it is used.

But yea, I'd be miffed at 500+ miles too! Even though in the larger picture 500 miles is a drop in the bucket, we put that on our new car in a week.
  • nbdeucenbdeuce Member Posts: 22
    This Canada 25 KM's was in the early 90's, maybe changed now. I agree that 500 miles is a drop in the bucket, but the dealer I was working with even refused to push the warranty out by 500 miles.
    I figure you address it with the buyer prior to making the move!