Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    thecorethecore Member Posts: 3
    Anybody have any experience with buying a car... signing a deal for a Finance rate of (in my case 3.74%) and the very next day (actually just 4 hours later) the rate that American Honda finance offers drops to 1.9%? I have a call into AHF which says the dealer can lower the rate... the dealer is saying they are not sure what they can do it is in Honda Finance hands...... ANY SUGGESTIONS? or similar experiences? I will post the final deal I got later to help anyone looking for a 2010 Accord EX-L V6... I believe it was a GREAT Deal (except now the finance rate dropped 2%!!!!)
  • Options
    swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    I am one of them. I narrowed my choices to two cars, toyota camry and Honda accord. Almost bought camry due to the low interest rate financing, but then this recall news came..
  • Options
    I bought my car last week, but decided to go with my credit union for financing with 5.2% interest rate. Now Honda is offering 1.9%, dont know if I am qualified for it? Anybody refinanced after few days since buying the car? Savings worth $2500 over the 60 months loan term.
  • Options
    jack167jack167 Member Posts: 9
    Got the price for LXP Auto 19500 everything Include not the Gov. fee title and tax
    let me know good price or noot
  • Options
    TOO MUCH PRICE MY FRIENS I GOT THE PRICE 19500 EVERYTHING INCLUDE
  • Options
    chan432000chan432000 Member Posts: 18
    ON EDMUNDS they are showing the avg person paying $20,850 for the 2010 accord LXP. on here people are saying there paying $19,500 or less.edmunds shows the invoice at $21,400. i see theres a $900 marketing rebate to dealers. are they giving that to the customer if you demand it?also if i can get at $19,500 before tax and title can i get the 1.9% also? IN PEOPLES OPINION BEFORE TAX AND TITLE WHAT CAN I GET A 2010 HONDA LXP FOR? CAN I GET ONE FOR $19000?ANY HELP APPRECIATED
  • Options
    i'm showing invoice which inludes destination charge at over 22k but it seems some people on here getting near 20k.i knows theres a $900 marketing rebate. but how do i get the dealer near 20k?also i assume i can get the 1.9%. all help appreciated.
  • Options
    cincyaccordcincyaccord Member Posts: 19
    The following quotes have been acquired over the past several days on the Accord Ex Automatic. After much back and forth from some, but not all, Out the Door, itemized prices have been provided. These quotes are for self-financing, have not established a value for my trade-in, and some dealers appear hesitant to guarantee the color. The lowest quote involves a "coupon disount" for the first 50 customers for $750, and my request for a guarantee on that has yet to be responded to. The prices which follow are rounded off to avoid confusion, and are, Cost of Car including Destination Fee:
    a) 19,900
    b) 21,320
    c) 21,420
    d) 22,400
    e) 22,420
    f) 23,200
    They are coming at me fairly fast and furious at this point (probably 20 emails and 10 phone calls) and I have made no counter offers. I have just been focused on getting itemized quotes from all (which reveals alot about how straight forward the dealer is). My time spent on Edmunds has been very helpful in knowing what questions to ask, and what is bs....The latest thing I learned on another forum, is when i get to the final negotiation, require the seller to provide the specific VIN number of the car.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Now I take it the prices you listed are just the price of the vehicle and destination charge and not the out the door price which normally includes tax title and license?
  • Options
    thanks cindy. what did your email say to trigger these prices? do you throw figs out are did you just say "give me your best price". Its so tiring haggling back and forth i'm trying to estblish a low ball fig from here and threw that out to all and work it from there. wow that $19,900 is very very low.do the above prices include floor mats and such?SO THATS THE WALK OUT PRICE BEFORE TAX AND TITLE? WHAT I'M VERY SUPRISED AT IS HOW THESE DEALERS ARE SELLING SO FAR UNDER INVOICE. i know theres the $900 marketing fee but it seems there going another $500-$1000 under. cindy i've yet to test drive any of these but i know i want an accord. is there a huge difference in the power of the ex versus the lxp?is the engine "noisy" on the ex?ALSO CAN YOU GET THE 1.9% FINANCING ON THE ABOVE PRICES IF YOU QUALIFY? why do you need the vin # once you settle on the deal you want?thanks for all your help
  • Options
    That is correct, though I have had them committ to the OTD which includes price, destination, tax, title, and license. I'm finding that it is easier to compare offers by rounding them off, (they put in alot of confusing #'s like eg. 20,089.59 which is essentially 20,090.00 or even easier to comprehend, 20,100). By keeping the tax on the side, as I ponder the quotes, again I think it is easier, keeping it on an apples to apples basis between dealers. Granted the OTD price is crucial and will be required in writing before any commitment or transaction takes place.
  • Options
    I have not offered any figures as of yet. I did include a long note with my internet bid request, specifically asking for itemized, OTD prices, which was (Actual Price Of Car + Destination Fee + Document Fee + Title Fee + Sales Tax + (Any other Fee (specified)) which should equal the Out the Door Price. Most claimed they did'nt get it, so I have had to clarify what I want, in some cases many times. There are a lot of games out there, and the ones who play fewer will likely get my business. Things like MSRP, Invoice, and "internet pricing" really don't mean anything. They are only employed to make you think you are getting a bargain. The first important question is, "Does the purchase price include destination"......"Confessions Of a Car Salesman" available on the Edmunds site should be required reading for all buyers.
    The VIN # is to try to avoid the classic "Bait and Switch". As in you arrive at your selected dealer and are told "Oh, you thought that price was on an Automatic, no it was on a Manual....Sorry, maybe we can work out a deal" (which will cost more $).
  • Options
    gahanagahana Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Did you get your Accord LX-P for 19,500. Out the door? Which city/dealer.
    My lowest quote is, 19,400. plus tax, title, etc But my intention is to get it for 20K out the door. Any help. I'm in Los Angeles
  • Options
    so far not a real good response to my low ball offers. i took the quotes on here on the 2010 honda accord ex automatic between $20000-$21000 which includes destination but before tax and title and and the 3 that responded wanted to see it in writing which of course i don't have. i emailed around 10 dealerships so i'll see what happens tommorrow. i emailed back i certainly won't do your homework for you and show you what the competition is offering. can you match these prices are not?
  • Options
    i got a quote back at $21,500 plus tax title and all other fees for the 2010 honda ex automatic. is that a good price? it just seems ok to me
  • Options
    The 19,900 person got back to me....they will guarantee the $750 coupon through the month with a deposit (don't say how much). They say they will give me the color I want at no charge through dealer trade. However I am not clear when the car would then be delivered to me. My trade-in still must be seen for an offer, but I was asked what I want for it. Edmunds has it at $500 to $700. Unfortunately, it presently won't start due to the cold. I may take it out of the equation and donate it to charity, or find out what the least is they give on a trade-in.
    The surprising thing is that A's quote on the EX is $2300 cheaper than the next best one. They are in a slightly different metro area, which could be part of the answer. However, the difference between the second and last is also large. Some of the laggards want to play "We'll match your best price", but I don't think I want to play that game.
    When I got quotes for the EX, I also got them for the LX-P. Interestingly, the other dealers maintain the roughly $1400 price difference between the LX-P and EX (see my recent post), whereas this one only differentiates by $900.

These prices correspond to my prior post on the EX:

LX-P: Price including Destination
    a) 19000
    b) 19700
    c) 20000
    d) 21000
    e) 20800
    f) 21500

Before getting these quotes I was leaning towards the LX-P due to what I assumed would be the price range. However, with the quotes being below what Edmunds predicted, I am leaning towards the EX. I need to check out the headroom, wheels, and interior on the EX before my final decision.
  • Options
    I m in north of boston and i got 19220 + 280(doc fee) total = 19500 and plus taxes and title fee. IN MA tax is 6.25.
  • Options
    Where you get the 19900 for ex auto price cincyaccord
  • Options
    roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    My local Honda dealer in Tampa had an ad in the paper I've never heard of before. I'm hoping to get some comments from experienced buyers.

They running what they are calling a half price event. The fine print at the bottom of the ad says they are one payment leases. A 2010 Accord Lx is quoted at $9950 plus tax and lic. 36m/12k. A Crosstour is listed at $12992, A CRV at $11998.
    Are these any good or just number game playing?
  • Options
    rainforest306rainforest306 Member Posts: 6
    I'm going to ink the deal on an EX-L or EX-L V6 in the next few day. Here's how to get to the bottom line price. The more the dealers know you know the numbers the quicker they will get to the final price without playing games. BTW they're looking to get the MOST PROFIT out of every deal.

INVOICE PRICE - CASHBACK - HOLDBACK (2%) +/- $200

This will give the dealer approx. $200 profit on the car + doc fees ($200 - $400 depending on dealer) + other fees they try to squeeze. Dealer is generally looking to walk away with MIN $500 profit.

Honda is offering CASHBACK of $900 (EX-L) and $750 (EX-L V6) until 3/1/10.
    From 1/22/10 to 2/1/10 Honda doubled these figures for existing Honda owners $1,800 (EX-L) and and $1,500 (EX-L V6). I'm not certain but I believe they are extending the loyalty program. I'll find out when I talk to a few dealers tomorrow.
  • Options
    so from the above comment the invoice on a 2010 accord ex auto is $22,300 so minus the $900 marketing fee = $21,400 -$420 holdback fee he $21000 so add in $300-$500 profit and you're looking at $21,500 and maybe you get them to $21,300 or so. i'm not understanding how anyones giving $19,900. thats a $1100 lose on a fairly hot car now. hard to believe. there must be something more to this
  • Options
    I am planning to visit this dealer today and at least decide on color and trim. I do not want to disclose names until I have finalized the deal. If it turns out as it seems, I would suppose there could be manufacture incentives we aren't aware of. Also I am not using Honda's 0.9% financing, for which two other dealers reduced price by $750 with that stipulation. Also, this dealership may be striving for overall sales volume, for which I think the dealerships are also financially rewarded.
    According to Edmunds, the showroom salesman's pay is based on commission, whereas the internet salesman is paid by salary + additional reward for volume.
    Anyway, got to get my wits about me and stay focused, this is the big leagues....
  • Options
    cindy both the dealerships that quoted me said THAT THEY CAN'T COMBINE THE $900 REBATE WITH 0.9% FINANCING. THEY SAID ITS EITHER $900 REBATE OR 0.9%. you sound like your dealership will allow both but they'll just give you a discount if you don't use. ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE LOOKING WHAT HAS YOUR DEALERSHIP TOLD YOU? CAN YOU GET BOTH THE $900 DISCOUNT AND THE 0.9%? this sounds fishy since the $900 rebate is a marketing rebate to the dealership and not a rebate to the customer.
  • Options
    thecorethecore Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to post the final numbers on the car I bought last week since all of your posts helped me in buying my car here they are:

Car including dest charge--25885.00
    Minus Honda loyalty- 750.00
    Total paid for car---------------25135.00
    Veh doc fees- ---------------------249.00
    State MV fee-----------------------102.00
    nj tire tax (can you believe that!) 7.50

Dealer extras they threw in at NC!! (mud flaps, wheel locks, Honda rear trunk liner) probably another $300 in accessories) Plus the dealer will give free oil changes for the life of the car (to the orig owner) and they have a full service car wash built inside the dealership.. free car washes for as long as you own the car.. pull in as much as you want and get it washed.. NC!

Here is what I recommend:
    Hamilton Honda (Hamilton NJ) get an internet price on what you want.. you will deal with Phil Florentino... he is NOT my brother or relative... but I can say he is one of the nicest salesman you'll ever want to meet... if you want no bull.. and straight forward an honest.. he is the guy... if he cant do it he will tell you... if he can.. he will! (I really dont know him other than buying my car there!!)
    I own 7 Hondas.. this is by far the BEST dealership in NJ! (Tell Phil Jeff D sent you!) Good luck and get the best price you can out there... the deals are there to be had... you just have to do your homework and dont put up with any bull!

ps.. Honda now offering 1.9% for 60 months on this car (but I think the loyalty amt is $0 if you take it.. so it is almost a wash)
  • Options
    MY DEALER TOLD ME EIGHTER TAKE 900 REBATE OR 0.9 FINANCE . i SAID WHY SO HE SHOWED THE PAPER FROM HONDA EIGHETR YOU TAKE THE REBATE OR 0.9 FINANCE.
  • Options
    jikjik Member Posts: 144
    any dealer prices in atlanta?
    either EX or EX-L V4
  • Options
    it appears from someother posts that there is a manuf to dealer incentive of $900 in addition to manuf to consumer incentive.

that might explain why EX auto for 19,900 incl destination without ttl
  • Options
    I'll be very interested to see if that $19,900 price is legit. the best price i can get is $22.099 before tax and title and i've hit 6 or 7 dealerships hard they don't seen to want to deal
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    You're shouting...please use lower case...makes for an easier reading post.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Just returned from my 19,900 dealer...I would say I am 99% sure the price is legit. I was told if I took the financing, the cost of the car would increase by $900. Perhaps specific to this dealership they are also offering a $750 off coupon. This is their hook so you don't procrastinate too long....Of the six I contacted, they were the only one to use this ploy, though at this point I can forgive them because their price is so low.
    The salesman told me that they came to the conclusion a while back to offer their lowest price on the internet because otherwise, people were not as interested, they were expecting the lowest price available...(some dealers obviously haven't gotten the memo)....When this dealers prices are "shopped" to other dealers, the other dealers often say they don't believe it and typically won't consider matching it.
    He said the dealership can get $ back at the end of the year from Honda based on certain Sales Volume goals.

In reading back over some of the recent posts, it seems as though some of the variability in pricing may be due to the region of the country you're in. Recent posts from Massachusetts appear to correspond to my quote and I am in a different part of the country. Other regions appear higher.
    I also think prices may have improved in some ways since January. Obviously we don't have all the inside info.
    It should be interesting when my other quoters start contacting me. I will tell them "I have a better bid, but feel free to make another offer". My plan is to close this weekend.
    My advice to others would be to cast a wide net and look for high volume dealers who also carry additional brands besides Honda. All the dealers "shop each other" so going a few extra miles may be advantageous. Also, in general, if you let them come to you, it gives you more power.
    Finally, let me say, the Honda Accord is a Sweet Ride. I drove the Ex today and even without having my music plugged in, I know it will be worth all the trials and tribulations...down the road.
  • Options
    cincy that price is just so far under the norm its incredible..the cheapest i could find anyone before tax and title was $22k. all thse dealers have admininistrative fees of $500. i even threw some low bids out like i ahd other deals and they refused to budge. frustrating. hell i might go buy a camry as i bet i can get for 15k now. i ahve a 2007 sienna and 2008 tundary and love them. LETS HERE WHATS OTHERS ON THE BOARD ARE GETTIGN QUOTED FOR A 2010 HOND EX
  • Options
    try southbay honda. I believe you are in Bay area. Ask for Stephen Ngo and tell Swamy referred you. I got EX for 21.5k after manufacturer rebate of $900 including dest charge. That was before Toyota recall. Now it is a different game...good luck.

Also you should wait for president day weekend..
  • Options
    accordexlaccordexl Member Posts: 6
    Last week, I got an Accord EX-L for $22,800 + TTL out-of-the-door. Took a bit of negotiation, but got it after including the Loyalty incentive (I already have a Civic). When signing, I was offered the Honda Extended Warranty of 8yrs/100,000 miles for $1750 (price includes a $100 discount). Amongst other things, this eliminates the limited warranty condition that rides on the default 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty.

I have 90 days to cancel the extended warranty without penalty, so we went ahead and accepted it. The question now is...should we keep the warranty? Please suggest any resources where I can get more information, and if others are interested, I will update this message with the resources I find. Thanks for your help!

SK
  • Options
    asmith77024asmith77024 Member Posts: 4
    American Honda Finance Corp. Closed-End Lease

2010 Accord EX
    MSRP $25,340 (including destination)

Dealer-added options:
    Window tint: $295.00
    Pin stripe: $195.00
    Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, supplements Honda standard warranty (free)

Total Sticker Price: $25,830

Final negotiated purchase or lease price of vehicle: $22,200 (inclusive of all dealer-added options and a no-additional-charge lifetime limited powertrain warranty).

Lease term: 36 months
    Money factor: .00132
    Annual mileage allowance: 15K (fifteen K)
    Cost per mile over 15K $0.15
    Residual: $14,697 (58% of total sticker price $25,340)
    Acquisition fee: $595
    TTL: $622
  • Options
    I am thinking about sending this email to some of the dealers who responded to me with higher bids than $19,900, before making my final decision. I have not decided what time frame to offer. Any feedback appreciated..........

Dear.......,
    Thank you for your attention and price quotes regarding my past inquiries regarding your dealership's pricing for the purchase of the 2010 Honda Accord (LX-P and EX trims).
    I have now determined that the model I will be buying is the 2010 Honda Accord EX, Automatic, Alabaster Siver Metallic exterior with Gray interior. I will be Self-Financing.
    I will be making my decision as to which dealership to purchase the Accord from based on the availability and lowest guaranteed price, for the above described automobile. This price quote should include all charges required for the purchase of the car and include: (Price of Car + Destination Fee + Document Fee + Title Fees + Sales Tax + Any other Fees (specified)). The addition of these prices should equal the Total, "Out the Door" price for me to buy this vehicle from your dealership.
    The recent quote I received from your dealership was not the lowest price offered for the 2010 Honda Accord EX, Automatic.
    Should you wish to submit a lower quote to me, please do so via email within ( @ 36 hours...date and time specified ).
    If you do not wish to participate further in this process, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time and consideration you have provided.

Sincerely,
  • Options
    applepie1applepie1 Member Posts: 9
    I got a price quote for an EX-L sedan.

Does $23,500 plus TTL sound reasonable? Should I negotiate for a lower price?

Thank you.
  • Options
    carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    Folks, this person will never get this price. Don't beat yourself up and try to figure it out. Its B.S.
  • Options
    jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    I beg to differ on that casalesman. 19,900 is pretty low but not impossible.

I have also received quotes which are almost 4900 to 5000 below MSRP on the LXP AND EX accord sedan 4 cylinder models.

19,900 might be the lowest you can get but 20,400 is easy to get based on the region u are. with all the snow storm in northeast, i am sure dealers will be ready to give good price after loss of sales for 2 weeks plus like ford and GM and nissan, honda will also be aggressive to grab the share of toyota customer.

lxp - msrp = 23565 (including destination chrg of 710)

ex - msrp = 25340 (including destination chrg of 710)
  • Options
    $900 manf to dealer
    $900 manf to customer

I saw somewhere on this board but not many are mentioning that
  • Options
    Based on my earlier post and the LOW BALL price quotes I see posted here are my comments.

cincyaccord the price quote you received for $19,900...

Typically, without any incentives and rebates, dealers want a profit of +/- $500. If they really have to make a few sales to reach their volume quotes they may push a few cars at cost (or at the very least make a small profit).

Now, they may even quote you a price below cost and make it up some other way. I have aslo seen quotes like this w/o Destination Fee ($710) and etc. Then, when your in the dealership they say ohhh the $19,000 was w/o destination and DOC FEE is $500 and VIN Etching FEE of $300... IF IT"S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT USUALLY IS!

cincyaccord be careful with this dealership and call in and talk to the person who quoted you this price and ask for the details.

I'll post a breakdown of the negotiated pricing in a separate post.
  • Options
    jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    The quote sounds pretty good...I would try to get some more off. Offer them $23,000. They should take it...if not, then try to get some throw-ins - Mud flaps, truck liner, engine cover, wheel locks or even a remote starter. If they still don't accept - be prepared to walk out.
  • Options
    Accord EX Pricing

MSRP: $25,340 (w/ $710 Destination)
    Invoice: $23,042 (w/ $710 Destination)
    Cashback: $900* [x 2] on EX-L Model (this figure was doubled through Honda)
    Holdback: $461 (2% off Invoice)

Total: $20,781

* The $900 cashback was offered by Honda running from 1/5/10 - 3/1/10. Then, I believe in mid January Honda doubled this figure for existing Honda owners until 2/1/10 (Loyalty Program). What I think they have done since is offer this double discount to everyone until program ends on 3/1/10. This doubling is not published anywhere by Honda, I got from the sales persons I'm working with at two dealerships. I believe the dealerships are privy to this and don't want to share with everyone.

In addition, if you finance through American Honda Financial (AHF) the dealership will receive an additional 1% discount. For volume sales the dealerships can hit different discount tiers based on number of cars sold, i.e. 1% for 200 vehicles sold, 2% for 300 vehicles sold, and etc. (not actual figures). THESE ARE NOT DISCOUNTS DEALERSHIPS WANT TO SHARE WITH CUSTOMERS AND NOT ALL SALES PERSONS ARE PRIVY TO THIS INFORMATION.

Let's say at an absolute best they get another $600 - $800 discount their total cost will be around $20,000.
  • Options
    On EX-L and EX-L V6 I received $23,230 and $25,436, respectively. These include the destination fee ($710). There's still a little wiggle room on these prices. Regardless, these are good prices...
  • Options
    rainforest --

are you saying $900 x 2=$1800 for EX L or EX also?
  • Options
    Yes. $1,800 ($900 x 2) on 4 cylinder models and $1,500 ($750 x 2) on V6 models.
  • Options
    I am not trying to defend or advocate for this dealer, however I have been following this forum for about three weeks and have seen 2 buyers on the thread contemplate and complete deals with this dealer. That is why I contacted the dealer in the first place.....I have an email from him with OTD pricing. I visited and test drove an Ex at the dealership yesterday as I described in an earlier post...I spent 1 1/2 hours with the salesman with no pressure on his part to complete the deal that day. I decided that I will donate my trade-in to goodwill. I will be paying in cash... If anything changes, I will not purchase the car....I have walked out of dealerships before....I have a somewhat hard time figuring out what he would gain by trying to screw me...These cars are commodities, I can get the same exact one at another dealership.
    I guess we'll all only know if this is legit when I drive off in the car. I do think some factors have changed in the car buying universe lately. Isn't it possible that the $900 loyality rebate to honda owners that ended in January has been extended to the general public in February. Also, two other dealers told me if I didn't use the Honda financing, the price would be $750 less which they provided in their quote, this dealer told me If I used the financing the quoted price would be $900 more. I think the Toyota situation could also be contributing as well as the location and type of dealership (multiple brands) involved
    I guess this could be debated forever...Today I was really looking for feedback on how to handle the other dealers, so as to not "burn the bridges" if this deal doesn't work out.
    The crimp I have in moving forward right now are 12 inches of snow on the ground and a '94 Cadillac that won't start...I am still planning on Sunday.
  • Options
    i got very angry at the arrogance of some of the net sales people and fired off 10 more mails to new dealerships. after back and forth i'm down to $21,300(includes the $710 destination and $40 tag fee) i have it throw in my tax and the guy will throw in the $500 appearance package for fee and some type of gold clud for 1/2 price oil changes for free. i've qualified for the 1/9% 5 yr financing and will take there cheap money. with the throw ins i came close to cincy's $19,900 and it leads me to believe if these dealersselling 2k under invoice theres some pretty nice manufacturer kick backs we're not seeing. honda still selling well and they don't have to give them away
  • Options
    We're all talking about the dealers...Does anyone know what it actually costs Honda to make one of these beauties ? Perhaps this might shed some light on the subject....
  • Options
    jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, two weeks ago I bought a 2010 Accord EXL for $22,864, so you have some more room. Good luck.
  • Options
    jimex10, did that include destination? What was your final OTD price and what state are you in?

I got an email offer from another dealer for $22,884 (EX-L) and $25,043 (EX-L V6)... it looked great until you read the fine print that these prices don't include destination.