Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• applepie1applepie1 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you jimex10. I just told the $23,500 quote to another dealer and asked them to beat. The salesman told me in e-mail that they want to beat it but didn't specify how lower they can offer. They asked me to go to their dealership.
    so that just suggests $23,000 including destination would be a good deal for an EX-L? OK, I'll try to get close to it.
    maybe it is harder to get $22,864 for an EXL in February due to the expired loyalty program. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • chan432000chan432000 Member Posts: 18
    i've been negotiating to buy before i even test drove it.well i'm alittle disappointed to tell you the truth. first of all the car is very very noisy.i was a little shocked. the second problem is the drivers seat stinks as the bottom lumbar area seems to stick into your back.the 3rd is i was very disappointed in the acceleration..the car just didn't have the umf.the car is very big and heavy and i'm now wondering if 4 cylinder is enough. anyone else please respond to what i've seen and do you feel the seam way?
    I've seen on the web a lot of people complain about the noise. I really want to feel how noisy it is.
  • cincyaccordcincyaccord Member Posts: 19
    The noise didn't bother me, but the seat was extremely hard...To the point that my rear hurt...I figure I can fabricate a temperpedic cushion of some sort until it breaks in...The noise and the seat were the major complaints cited by owners of the Accord in the Consumer Review section of Edmunds.....Maybe I'll re-read this secton... I did merge onto the highway and it appeared to accelerate OK, but over the long run, don't know. Except for the seat, I enjoyed the ride better than the Altima, Fusion, and Milan which I test drove before soliciting bids for the Accord.
    I think I'm at the point where I want to get it done (have been going at this for 3 months!), don't have dependable wheels, and nothing is perfect....
    I would definitely say to drive before you buy.
    has anyone test drove the 4 cylinder camry?i'm sure its even worse on the acceleration as there biggest engine size is 175 hp which is smaller than the ex's. moving to a 6 cylinder defeats the purpose of buying an accord for me as i travel a lot and need good mpg.also reading and talking with some owners its pretty certain accord has a rear break wearing down problem and one can expect to have to change there pads every 12-15k miles.i'll probably still buy it as the alernatives for a 4 cylinder are no better and the price is good
  • jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    the problem with V6 as some people has mentioned in this forum is the vibration when VCM mode is on.
    so v6 also has its own issues. no matter which car it is, there will be some pros and cons with each of them.

camry - with all the fiasco, it is no more a choice for many of us now.

altima - has a CVT transmission problem (though now nissan is giving 10 year warranty on it)

Accord - has a brake pads issue plus on top that now they too issued a recall for airbag problem on 2001 and 2002 models

we as a consumer seems to be running out of options for a nice reliable sedan.
  • jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    Yes, that price included destination. It also included the loyalty discounts. I bought the car at Boch Honda - Norwood, MA...they sell alot of cars. When I was there, I saw 5 new owners leave with their cars in a 2 hour period. It's something to see, even in today's economy.
    Yes, my price included the loyalty discount. If they don't budge on the price, maybe you can get some throw-ins, maybe a remote starter or something. Not sure about what the dealership looks like where you're going to, but the one I went to is very nice - they're still making money.
  • mattwusmattwus Member Posts: 1
    Yeah I bought my 2010 Accord Ex-l V-6 for $25,945 out the door after EVERYTHING (no extended warranty of course why do we need that's why we bought honda in the first place). Last month Honda had a couple promotions running one of which was $750 in dealer cash and another that was a loyalty program for current honda owners that was another $750 that I made the dealer take to cost for the car. Basically tell them you want to pay invoice or $100 over less the dealer cash and rebates.Make them show you the invoice to as the invoice pricing you will find on line will vary, but for my model it was roughly $26,600. They want to sell cars so if you are getting the run around from the dealer you are at call another one in town or near you and tell them what I said about paying invoice less dealer cash and rebates. Good luck to all the car is awesome! hope this helps
  • xcmatt227xcmatt227 Member Posts: 2
    mattwus,

Which state did you purchase your ex-l v6? Thats a great deal.
    What was your final price of the vehicle itself without the tax, title, license, etc.???
    Thanks.
    this is my final email as after 5 long days of fighting and talking tons of insults and many calling me a lair my journey has almost ended. on the 2010 honda accord ex automatic i ahve 2 dealers at $22,300 out the door including everything period. write a check for $22,300 its yours. that alos inludes free mud guards,cargo mar and pinstripes and nitrgoeng in the tires and 1/2 price oil changes ,balancing and nitrogen refills for life. all in all i think i got near cincys incredible $19,900 price. AND THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE LOYALTY BONUS. i would suggest usuing cincys letter to invite bidding at the end. many will not respond and say the other dealers are lieing jsut to get you in. its funny i only talked with 1 out of the 15 dealers . from what i saw honda dealers are stuffed with huge inventory. one dealer had at least 60 accors on the lot. udnerstand theres new hgue compition in the awesome sonata and car of th year focus. the sonata gets rave reviews and to be honest its 3k cheaper and it caught my attention as it has huge rebates and 100k warranty. i really don't know how car co's making money. but the moral of story is don't give up and keep plugging till you get the best price
  • jikjik Member Posts: 144
    Who were your dealers in cincy
    who were your dealers in cincy send me mail at jk_send@yahoo.com
    meant jk_send at yahoo.com
  • garyhgaryhgaryhgaryh Member Posts: 9
    That's a good price. We got the same car but an '09 for 23500 out the door which is about 20300 or 20800 before taxes. What is your tax rate over there? In my area it is 9.75%! Ouch!
    Gary
    edited February 2010
    I have a question to ask about the bluetooth feature in the EX-L sedan. Today I visited a dealer and he says the bluetooth HandsFreeLink is an add-on rather than a standard in the 2010 EX-L. I was surprised because I saw at Honda.com that HandsFreeLink is a standard feature for this model. The dealership lists it as an add-on for around $600. Anybody can confirm this? Thank you.
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    Are all of Accord's radio XM ready? It doesn't make sense that you have to get an EX-L to get XM radio. On some Honda's its a dealer installed option.
    got mail from atlanta dealer saying that the $900 incentive expired feb 2. any truth?
  • avatar50avatar50 Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote of $24,485 what do you guy think? good price?
    picked the car up tonight.paid $22,300 cash out the door and got the cargo mat(thats a must) MUD guards .and pinstripes included.everything went as i was told and no suprises. the one i bought drives much better than the demo. wow the stereo is very nice. car rides great and the noise that that bad. it takes a ton of tenacity to go back and dorth with 15 dealers. very happy
  • tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    Where did you get your car from? What city and state and name of the dealer. I am actually looking at LX-P thought.

TIA.
  • wendy2010wendy2010 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if there is any new incentives from Honda for the presidents day weekend. I got an email from one dealer saying Honda is giving 0% APR, but don't know the details. is it true? Is that for everybody or there are limitations? Did you guys here anything about it? or any other new incentives for this presidents day weekend??? am in MA.
    I just got a 2010 Accord Coupe EXL - Bluetooth HandsFreeLink is listed as a interior feature of standard equipment at no extra cost on the window sticker.

Hope this helps
    Are you in eastern MA? If so, check out Boch Honda. As low as 0.9% on Civics and Accords...plus you can really deal with them.
  • jack167jack167 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    Just Come home tonight with my New LX-P 20900 out the door including exerything taxes title and reg. I think its a good price
    Has the 900+900 incentive expired?

I am getting this quote for ex auto 4cyl

710.00 (shipping)
    587.00 (dealer svc. chg)
    18.00 (title)
    3.00 (lemon law)
    21,649.51 + tax

This is in Georgia
  • tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    What is your base price w/o TTL? I might like to base on your base price to negotiate.

TIA.
    My Base Price is 19267 for LXP Auto
  • icy10icy10 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I am in NJ.

I am taking 0.9%APR, No Trade-In, No Honda Loyalty;

The quote I got is $23,500 (out the door). Any comments on this quote?

I have been contacting 10+ dealers back and forth, seems this one is lowest from where I live.

The breakdowns:
    $21,464 (including $710 destination)
    $1500 Tax
    $249 documentation
    $300 Registration
  • garyhgaryhgaryhgaryh Member Posts: 9
    That's about how much we got ours for in CA (higher taxes here). Ex for 23800 OTD!
  • foolfishfoolfish Member Posts: 2
    hi jack, where r u located? i'm in miami, and the best OTD quote i got for LX-P is 21900.
  • icy10icy10 Member Posts: 2
    When I was in the dealership yesterday, I was told they just had a sales meeting in the afternoon and there will be a new Honda incentive. Hope the price can be lower...
    I m in MA and 21900 is not good price for LX-P push the dealer for 21000 or 21200 OTD
    You Can Oush him for 23000 or 23200 and you take 0.9% finance then its good price i got ex auto OTD price 22300. But he told me i can't give you 0.9%. But if you have a good credit you can get the rate like 3 or 4 % apr. Push the dealer for more discount tell him you don't want 0.9 apr
    jack 167. i pushed and pushed till they all told me to get lost but 2 and $23,2000 otd is the best i could do. but i also got $500 of extras thrown in. the cargo trunk mat is a must and so are the mud flaps.i really don't see how the dealer is making much money on this. i took the 1.9% 5 yr financing and i put zero down. i'll use there cheap money. the finance guy told me only 13% of people applying for the honda special finacing are getting it.msot of the other rates are 5-10% depending on poeples credit so the dealers are making big $ on that. anyway outside the somewhat uncomfortable front seats i feel i got a great deal and like the car. although i still say the engine is noisy
    edited February 2010
    To those who have been following...The $19,900 was too good to be true...I was going to commit to buy the Ex yesterday but insisted on getting all the particulars in writing via Email before going to the dealer. Alas, the salesman found that he had quoted me a price for the Manual instead of the Automatic...New price is in line with the best deals you all have been making, and as things stand, still better than my other offers.
    I was at the 5 yard line, was blitzed, and thrown back to the 25...I think it was an actual mistake as opposed to subterfuge, but a mistake nonetheless, which has affected my strategy and wasted 7 days.
    To those whom this fiasco has negatively affected, I apologize...To others, perhaps it motivated you unwittingly to get a better price...
    Myself, I can only regroup...still want the lowest price....my state of mind probably best described by Jim Morrison of the Doors... "The future is uncertain, The end is always near"..(Roadhouse Blues)
    that is what my brother said about engine ... he is the one trying to buy the car. It is strange since my old 95 Civic has the quitest engine I have ever.

My 07 Accord SE is not noisy either.
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    Sorry to hear,

Mistake? I can't help but think this is the typical bait and switch tactics dealers use all the time. How can a salesman be so sloppy? I'd fire him and ask for a more experienced salesman or go to another dealer.
    It's like times I have gone to a dealer with an ad in the paper only to find when you arrive that the ad only applied to that 1 vin they just sold, and get the "We do have plenty of others available only a little more". not :(
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,075
    Yeah... considering the take rate on manual-transmission Accords is only about 5%, I really doubt he made a "mistake" and quoted for a stick..

I don't put too much stock in quoted prices.. A price on a completed deal, in your driveway... is another matter..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• accordsrock1accordsrock1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I just picked my Accord EX, Auto for 22,500 OTD in Louisville, Ky (including mud guards, protection package (not sure if thats worth a lot). The dealer refused to throw in the cargo and all weather mats. I could have picked up one about 150 miles from here for $250 less but the drive in this bad weather wasn't worth it. I researched prices, options, etc. for about 10 days before picking it up. This forum is fantastic! I was able to leverage a lot of the information I found here. Thank you all. Let me know if I can help anyone.
    What's a "take rate"? So what are you saying? What did he do then?

If can't rely on a quote then what do you do? Sure there's always fine tuning but a couple thousand isn't acceptable. If you wait til you get to your driveway to check your price then your too late.
  • mang1mang1 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    Guys,
    I have about 1 month before I have to turn my 2007 Accord SE back in. I am looking into leasing a 2010 Accord LX-P but it's been a while since I've been in "the game" sort of speak. I haven't got the 07 inspected yet. Should I wait till maturity date is up or is it ok the try and lease new vehicle now? What's the advantages or dissadvantages of this??? Also I don't have to much info on the new vehicle other than payment. Could someone help me with that. THANKS in advance. What additional info would I need to help me with this deal?

2010 Honda Accord LX-P Auto $238.00/MO Includes MA sales Tax
    36 Months
    12,000 Mi/Year
    *$0 1'st Mo payment
    *$0 Bank/Acq Fee
    *$0 Sec Dep
    *$0 Initial Reg/Plate Fees
    *$0 Cap Cost Reduction
    *$0 Advanced Payments
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    I always turn my leases in 4-6 months early. Only one time did I not actually receive trade-in equity (2006 Hummer H3). If you got a sweet lease deal and the projected residual was close (unlike my H3) you will have trade equity. This is why I never wait to turn it in at lease maturation date.

STEPS:
    1. Check KBB and NADA for trade-in value. Hope the dealer will give you the higher of the two. Yes the condition of the car matters. Hopefully it is immaculate.
    2. Check your lease payoff. Note: The lease payoff should not be your lease payment multiplied by the number of months left. It should be considerably less than this. You don't have to pay the sales tax on future payments if you turn it in. Typically you only pay the depreciation and maybe rent charge portions of your payment. Call Honda (not the dealer) and ask what you "payoff" is as of today's date. Make sure they know you are trading it in or they might quote you buyout price assuming you are keeping the vehicle until lease end.
    3. If trade in value is say $22,000 and lease buyout/payoff is $19,000 then you have $3000 in equity. This $3000 can be put down on your next lease just like you own the car you are trading in.

I have done this several times and will NEVER buy another car again considering this is allowed but not common knowledge. My last lease was a $36K 2010 Ford Edge AWD that I had traded my lease for and got about $2100 in trade equity. Payment on a 27 month lease = $298 including 7% sales tax.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,075
    edited February 2010
    What's a "take rate"?

That is how many Accords they sell with manual transmissions (about 5%)..That's why I doubt your salesperson made a "mistake" and quoted you a manual price, instead of automatic.

If can't rely on a quote then what do you do?

If they don't stand by their quote, you walk on to the next dealership..

I wasn't suggesting you wait until you get it in your driveway, only that for the purposes of our forum, a quoted price means nothing to another member.... Only actual sales prices have meaning. Because, as you discovered, your salesperson's quote wasn't real.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pearapple10pearapple10 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    This weekend I went to Boch Honda in MA and worked out a price of $21,100 (includes destination, but need to add doc fee $290) and this offer is eligible for 0.9% financing 36 months. (their 0% President's day was really gimmick since that wanted to charge $1600 more if I wanted 0%!)....So far this is lowest, anyone do better who are taking advantage of the financing that goes through 3/31/10? Should I just go for it?

A couple other dealers gave me quotes for $100-200 less, but they said "conventional financing" not 0.9% from American Honda Finance.

Also, I was told $1400 of incentives were taken into account in this offer ($500 + $900, have no clue where these come, other dealers say they can't if they give low financing, but Boch says 0.9%).
    What's a "take rate"?

That is how many Accords they sell with manual transmissions (about 5%)..That's why I doubt your salesperson made a "mistake" and quoted you a manual price, instead of automatic.

I don't understand your logic, knowing car salesman as I do. They will do anything to get you into the dealership and to make the sale . The bait and switch tactic is as old as the hills.
    This wasn't my quote by the way. I was just commenting on the [cindyaccord] post. I wonder if she bought the car, she hasn't been back since.
  • carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    cincyaccord did post an update. She didnt get the price she said. At least she admitted it. I knew she wouldnt..... I was trying to save everyone wasting their time following her. I know what the true bottom is...
    edited February 2010
    I'm still here, and will be till it's over. BTW, I'm a guy...someone misread or mistyped Cincy and started calling me Cindy...no big deal, just a mistake.....
    Due to the snow my goal now is to buy the car sometime next week....As things stand, the "mistake's" quote is still $700 lower than the next best...though I would prefer not to buy there. Last week, the second best quote wouldn't offer another quote as requested, wanted to know "what it would take", and basically insulted me... no way to earn my business and I was ready to buy the "mistake". Yesterday # 3 recontacted me by email & I have asked for another quote, but haven't heard back. Likewise, with # 5, but they had a high initial quote. The highest quote (# 6), I have eliminated.
    As I'm sitting here writing this, I'm wondering if maybe I've played out this internet thing...maybe I'm spinning my wheels, going back and forth.
    If things don't improve by the end of the weekend, I might just walk into the dealer on a Sunny Day that I think is most honest and negotiate Old School. From the Forum and my quotes, I think I know what a reasonable price should be... I have the cash....Maybe it's time to do it the old fashioned way....or go buy a Mustang.....
    I'm now wondering if maybe my problem has been that I haven't thrown out numbers for them to beat...Just said that theirs wasn't the lowest....Thought I was being more ethical and more tactical, as well as not being tied down, keeping my options open....Who knows....
    When this is all over, rest assured that I will name names.