Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stup123stup123 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for clarifying

I might go with the second approach..reach out to some bank

Can somebody help me by providing a copy of the price they/you bought for..I can use it for getting the right price
  • honda_guy_01honda_guy_01 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    I got a Quote in Columbus, OH for $18,600 + Tax and title. Anyone here found better pricing for the LX model?

Invoice on this model: $20,533 so what I was quoted is $1933 under invoice.
  • mark731mark731 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an Accord EX-L V6 for $25,400. loaded. Go to overstock.com look under the Cars tab. then tell it what you want and what zip code you live in. It will then tell you what you should be able to buy the car at and the dealers within 100 mile radius who will sell the car at price. If you agree. fill in your info, and say ok. it will email the dealers for you and within 24hrs, you will have emails from those dealers, stating how much they are willing to sell the car for. Then if you want extras go to http://www.bernardiparts.com, they have all the extras at 50% off what honda sells them. Its one hell of a negotiation. My honda dealer agreed to discounted prices and ate installation costs. The remote starter from honda is crap, buy a remote from Viper. - hope this helps.
    (North Carolina )
  • richt5richt5 Member Posts: 43
    Went to may 2nd Honda dealer today to buy a new car -- here in Florida. Found that the dealers want MSRP+ or in todays case giving me about a half of Edmunds used car pricing. Ive found the Honda dealers RUDE and ARROGANT . When they find out you know a little about pricing ---they want you out of their store. They seem to thrive on seniors , without computers, that have little idea of pricing or value. Showed them Edmunds info --- both said --did not want to see it. Good car --- terrible dealers-- and dishonest.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    edited May 2010
    mark731,

An Accord EX-L V6 for $25,400 is $25,750 OTD and with NAVI is $27,100 OTD around here so you did get a good price.

richt5,

You need more experience shopping for cars... just shop OTD because we all pay it.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Don't buy by shopping in person. Shop on the internet and go outside of your local area if you need.
  • kazoo2ukazoo2u Member Posts: 11
    Have opportunity to purchase 2010 EX-L 2.4/5AT no Nav, for approx. $22.8K, before TTL. Dealership is OSP variety [one simple price] from whom we've dealt before [3 previous Hondas]. Any input as to how good/bad this deal is will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • brat7705brat7705 Member Posts: 8
    That price sounds terrific, I paid 22,618$ in April.
  • therockietherockie Member Posts: 2
    got a quote for Ex L with Nav. and nothing else included. is 28200. Is it a good deal, in WA?
  • stup123stup123 Member Posts: 10
    Had a pretty bad experience at the Honda dealership yesterday
    Not sure what my options are..went to the dealership(its one of the pretty highly rated ones in our area) by driving 50+ miles
    Finalised on a an OTD price of $24,350 for a EX-L 2.4/4dr and i thought that was it
    I wanted to be co-signer as my cousin's credit is messedup..they said in order to get good finance rates,I should be the first on the application but DMV will be diff
    gave details ..got interest% of 11.5.So far so good
    then they tell me plates will also be in my name ..spoke to geico they say all ppl on the title should be on insurance too..any inputs on if co-signer should be on title?
    All is ok till here then they say system is down and hold me till 7:30 pm and when i am ready to walk out Finance guy calls me and says its ready
    Lo and behold he says that I need to buy Ext warranty,GAP and what not and that he was told by sales person that i will buy them
    so left after 9:00 with a bad experience
  • negotiaternegotiater Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a 2010 accord for 20250 out the door. got the quotes initially from atlanta and then asked the local guys to beat it. does anyone think i could have got a better deal?
  • hondacatchhondacatch Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I am on the market for V6 as well. Could you tell if 25,400 included taxes and destination charges? Also, did you go to dealership or you bought it on line?

Very good car. I am very happy for you. Enjoy. I hope to get the same in a few days.
    Hello,

I am on market for EXV6 model. Could you tell me what was your OTD price.
    Very happy for you for your purchase. Great car. Enjoy.
    Hi,

Just wonder how did it go? Did you end up buying that car?
    I think, 25,175 is a good price. Does it including taxes and destination fees or not?

Cheers,

Sergey
    Hi,

please let me know if you managed to buy this car. I am on market for the same model. Can not stand V4. Too slow for me.

Cheers,

Sergey
    Hi,

I am looking for the same model. Did you get a chance to buy it? If you did, how much did you pay.

Great choice.
    Cheers,

Sergey
    Hi,

How did it go with your purchase?
    Cheers,

Sergey
  • therockietherockie Member Posts: 2
    I paid 29000 , ex L with nav. OTD.
  • msmrammsmram Member Posts: 2
    Got an EX-L 4 dr without NAV for 23860 OTD (21490 + 710 freight/destination + 1338 Tax + 222 Tags + 100 dealer fee). Dealer threw in wheel locks and protective side strips ($300 value in all) for free.

Bought at Herson's Honda in Rockville, MD (ask for Malik) - very pleasant and hassle free experience overall.

Took the dealer cashback to get this price, so didn't get the1.9% promotional APR. Checked with multiple dealers in the area - all said it was either cashback or low APR!

Honda Finance instead gave me 4.2% APR. Checked with my own banks, but the lowest I am getting is 3.9% from a credit union, though I have a strong credit rating.
  • rosie_riderrosie_rider Member Posts: 1
    I was just quoted OTD price of $27,410 for 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L with no nav, black pearl exterior, black leather interior. Price includes $600 Autoway Honda dealer fee, which they wouldn't budge on, and tax, title, and tire fee. They claimed I was getting a $5,200 discount. Am I being taken for ride? Isn't the price waaay too high? Any suggestions where to look within 50 miles of Clearwater, FL for the same model, better price?
    Something about leather seats & 95+ days [ouch!] in south Texas turned us off on leather seats. Had good luck with cloth interior in 3 previous Accords.
    Finally chose 2010 Accord EX, no leather, no Nav for $22068 OTD. :)
    Diff between Honda .9% APR [give back $1200 for sale price of $23268] vs local credit union 3.7% APR [sale price $22068] amounts to about $10/mo in favor of local credit union.
    It pays to do research on financing. Dealership will always make a profit on any sale. ["We lose money on every sale, but make up in volume." LMAO] You got to look out for #1 & always check your 6.
    Edmund's auto loan calculator, esp. Low APR vs Cash Back feature, gives you ammunition to use when going into dealership.
  • kentuckyduck2kentuckyduck2 Member Posts: 1
    What part of the country are you in? I just sold my '99 Accord EX-V6 and am now in the market for a '10 Accord EX-L 4 cyl w/out Navi. I'm in the Lexington, KY area. When we bought our last Honda ('03 Pilot) I got great quotes from some Ohio dealers but it's been so long I can't recall which ones. Anyone have any experience with Internet dealer quotes in the Cincy/Dayton/Columbus areas?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Just read the posts here to know you are being taken a for a really BIG ride. that's one good thing about hondas-- they come in relatively few iterations that it's easy to get a feel what an LX goes for, an EX, an EX-L non nav 6 cylinder goes for, etc.

BTW, I own an 07 coupe ex-l manual 4 cylinder-- going strong at 80k miles; just had rear brakes replaced (original front brakes still good); new tires at about 70k miles .. ; oil changes and that's about it.....lot of highway miles early on but now mixed driving. only thing i wish it had that the new ones do is an ipod/usb thingy for music from my flash drive.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got good deal, based on your earlier post I take it you got it at Gunn Honda?
  • jwkimjwkim Member Posts: 2
    Got it this Monday at 18K OTD after $2500 trade in.
    I could pull more by taking advantage of dealer's incentive.
    I made a purchase at Yonkers Honda, NY through internet sale department. I've been in the market since January and finally the search is over. After several email communications with the rep it took a couple of hours to get an appraisal, price and paper work done. Overall pretty satisfied.
  • negotiaternegotiater Member Posts: 2
    Great purchase. WHy didnt you go for a LX-2WD CRV instead of an accord?
  • blitzg99blitzg99 Member Posts: 12
    Hi all,

I am in the market for buying a used Honda Accord (2005 - 2007) for about < 13,000. I am rather new to the US and have some questions for people who have used Honda Accord buying experience. 1) How negotiable is the price at a dealership. I understand that Honda Accords are reliable cars and have good resale value and in high demand. Is is possible to do some negotiations over the price at dealerships. Also how risky is it buying a used car without any warranty ? 2) I am based in Minneapolis,MN. Do dealerships here allow pre sales car inspection , i.e., can I take the car to an independent mechanic for inspection before I pay. Any recent experience that anybody can share will in this regard be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

RG
    Just a thought. Could get an EX-L w/o Nav for around $24K down here in SoTex before TTL. One way flight from Sea-Tac to SAT is about $450. Could be beneficial to look into.
    Kee-recht on that one.
  • willb3989willb3989 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

I qualify for AHFC's Super-Preferred credit tier. What kind of money factor should I expect from the dealer?

I know they can manipulate it to make a greater profit so I'd like to go in with a "ballpark" number tomorrow.

So far, I've been able to negotiate the cap cost down to $20,899 on the EX Coupe Automatic. Is this a good deal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • joer2001joer2001 Member Posts: 32
    first off, your leasing... bad, move no matter what, and no one can convince me on paper different.

Do the lease math, figure the cost (payment amount X number of months plus residual) never as good as financing. never. Figure finance cost, yes payments are higher, but "residual" (amount of time you want to keep your car, balance on loan) is always lower.

If you can convince me to lease... (I and others call it a "Fleece") I'll buy 5 cars on the same day!

Negotiate your best price, cash, out the door, and then deal with financing.
    Use an amortization calculator like this one...

http://www.bretwhissel.net/amortization/amortize.html
  • gperrgperr Member Posts: 157
    Car_man,

Can you please provide the current AHFC Residual and MF for 24 month and 36 month lease 12k miles/ year on Accord Sedan AT EX, EX-L, and EX-V6.

Thanks

gperr
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2010
    What's the lowest prices before TTL folks are paying for this car? I live in North Carolina. Interest in lowest prices in this state - as well as nationally. Thanks!
    Was this an EX 4 cyl cloth? What was the price before TTL? What state?
  • fnc119fnc119 Member Posts: 12
    I bought a 2010 EX sedan for $21,145 before TTL. Traded in a 2005 Accord LX with 119,000 and got $6,800 (condition very good) I shopped for a month and this is the best deal I saw by about $800. Spoke to six different dealers. This is SE PA.
    I bought a 2010 EX sedan for $21,145 before TTL. Traded in a 2005 Accord LX with 119,000 and got $6,800 (condition very good) I shopped for a month and this is the best deal I saw by about $800. Spoke to six different dealers. This is SE PA.
    I am trading a 2005 LX w/ 119,000. during the course of ownership I have replaced tires twice and brakes twice. about 1 month ago I replaced an oil switch, $3.00 part, $200 installation. That's it, a bullet proof car. The dealer is giving me $6,800 in trade on a 2010 EX which I am buying because of the incredible reliability of the 2005. If I sold it privately, I would feel very comfortable someone got a safe, reliable car that will last another 100,000 to 150,000 miles. ~ Good luck, I think it is a good choice.
  • deadsignsdeadsigns Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2010
    hope this helps I got this from a dealer.

Accord
    LX
    Sedan
    Manual
    msrp$21,805
    discounted with destination fee include $17,501

Accord
    LX
    Sedan
    Auto
    $22,605
    $18,223

Accord
    LX-P
    Sedan
    Manual
    $22,805
    $18,404

Accord
    LX-P
    Sedan
    Auto
    $23,605
    $19,127

Accord
    EX
    Sedan
    Manual
    $24,580
    $20,008

Accord
    EX Sedan
    Auto
    $25,380
    $20,731

Accord
    EX-L Sedan
    Manual
    $26,780
    $21,996

Accord
    EX-L Sedan
    Auto
    $27,580
    $22,719

Accord
    EX-L-NAV Sedan
    Manual
    $28,780
    $23,803

Accord
    EX-L-NAV Sedan
    Auto
    $29,580
    $24,526

Accord
    EX-V6 Sedan
    Auto
    $27,555
    $22,696

Accord
    EX-L-V6
    Sedan
    Auto
    $29,855
    $24,775

Accord
    EX-L-V6-NAV
    Sedan
    Auto
    $31,855
    $26,582
    edited May 2010
    you just gotta add your states sales tax rate and then documentation fees and registration and plates fees.(if you have old plates and transfer them its cheaper then new plates so this plays into your Out the door final price make sure you clear that up) you need to find out this from the dealer because they could give you a low price and highball you on the other fees so find out these fees first. Also ask them if there any other fees involved some dealers add on things u dont really need.
    I usually just call and if the dealer insists on you comming in in order to know the fees then I figure somethings up. I went in once to a dealer that wouldn't disclose his fees and I was in for a totally different ride so I learned my lesson.
  • fuelcellguyfuelcellguy Member Posts: 31
    where did you get these prices from? I got these same exact prices in an email from a dealer in PA, I live in upstate NY. However, when I went to a local dealer, they said there was no way they could match these prices as they were too far below invoice. They highly doubted that these prices could be real.
    Taxes, 6% tags standard PA charge and fees: $5.00 for the notary (I normally pay my secretary $10.00)Everything is standard in the area. Nothing funny at all. Only the second time I felt this way when buying a car.
    Scott Honda, West Chester, PA. Salesman is Bernie Hughes, decent guy, no bs. Second time I am dealing with him. I had to walk away from a deal last year when my wife decided she wanted a Soob instead of a Honda which she now regrets. I jumped on this deal and I am picking it up tomorrow night. I can send you the write up in a couple of days, if you want it let me know.
    Thanks. Appreciate your time and effort. I will keep you posted on the EX, I am picking it up tomorrow night.
    edited May 2010
    of course the dealer would tell u that. I'm from ny also. I'm going to pick up an accord sedan on weds v6-L. OTD $27700. Always ask for OTD pricing and say you want to write a bank check what dealership should u make it out to and how much.
  • johnnybcarjohnnybcar Member Posts: 6
    You should be able to get pretty close to those prices listed by 'deadsigns' even in NY. I just checked out prices in zipcode 12116 on www.truecar.com/Honda/Accord/EX, and I get prices near those listed. If you click on the show best price tab, you will see the lowest no-haggle list prices offered by dealers in the local area. Now this is for the 12116 zipcode, so I don't know if that is close to where you live. You could certainly plug in your own zipcode though and see what dealer prices show up. Anyway, for the other Accord models that deadsigns posted, I see similar prices being offered... all thousands of dollars below invoice. Check it out if you have a chance. Hope this helps!
  • fuelcellguyfuelcellguy Member Posts: 31
    thanks - checked it out and the best local prices shown are about what I have already been quoted ($19400) in zip 14611. I then check the best price of $18242 and it shows its like 150 miles away. I am not really sure what to do as the dealerships locally will not match the price, but I also do not have the time to go that far to check out the car.
    edited May 2010
    just also wanted to mention that the 1200 off or 0.9% financing ends this month for accords. so thats what brings down the price also. call them out on the dealer incentives. if you are financing with 0.9% then they won't give you the 1200 off so that may be the difference of 19k to 18k.
    edited May 2010
    Selling price would be $20,633 (which includes destination), tax is $630.96, new tag and title fees are $74 and DOC fee is $399 which totals $21,736.96 (including wheel locks, pin stripe, door edge guards, and splash guards (mud guards).

They're (obviously) not offering any Honda 0.9% financing at this price.

Is this a good deal or should I expect better than this? I live in North Carolina. Thanks!
  • joer2001joer2001 Member Posts: 32
    Good price, but I bet if you said... "OK make it 21,500. out the door", they would! I bet they might even do 21,200.00, there are an awful lot of these available. Not sure where you are in North Carolina, but if Myrtle beach is not to far, East Coast Honda was extremely competitive, and was going to earn our business earlier this year on an LX, but my wife chose a different car entirely. (used saturn vue)

Good luck!
    edited May 2010
    I'm in Raleigh, NC. Myrtle Beach is pretty far from here...

Has anyone paid 21,200 to 21,500 OTD price range for this car?