Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sattisatti Member Posts: 1
    hey....i bought mine for $24,821 plus tax, tag, fee I got OTD for $25,459 EX-L in south carolina...I did my research and picked the best offer...
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    Bought an 09 accord in Dec 2010. Then an oddy in June of 10.
    But my FIRST new Car was side swiped (very lightly) but I cant take the fact that my FIRST new car got hit. So next friday on the 31st, Im going to Honda.
    Asking for a 2011, telling them Im going to pay 18500 for it. And ask for $16k on the one I own now.
    Hopefully it works. Im currently paying 2.9% financing. So I'll get the .9% financing and a new car.
    CROSSING my fingers.
  • chuck1919chuck1919 Member Posts: 176
    edited December 2010
    A good body shop can fix the car so YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL it's been side swiped.

As long as you are on the public roads...there are idiots every where.

Your not considering you will have to pay sales tax, license, etc. all over again.
    Save your money.
  • zpraslazprasla Member Posts: 6
    I bought 2011 Honda Accord EX-L with Pro Package & Tint for $25,000 out the door. I bought it at Gillman Honda in Houston Texas. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me get this deal.
  • wangsuwangsu Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy 2011 Honda Coupe EX-L w/o nav. I am living in New York. Does anyone know the OTD price?
  • dzyr4ttdzyr4tt Member Posts: 21
    I am not sure why people wouldnt specify if its a v6 or v4 since EX-L comes in both.

Will def. help others and would take the guessing game out.
    Again v6 or v4?
    V6 or V4? hehehe..

May be the admin needs to put up a sticky..
  • grasshopper18grasshopper18 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2011 Accord EX-L in PA for 24,200 plus title,tags and tax. Was quoted $20,988.00 plus title, tags and tax on an SE.
  • grasshopper18grasshopper18 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2011 Accord EX-L (190 hp) in PA for 24,200 plus title,tags and tax.
    Oh, I got it fixed already at the body shop that does the work for Lamborghini and ferrari. They are great, and you cant tell. Except for the stickers that are on the door. But I think you can get those online.

I did the math. I have 48 months on my original loan. If I get the #'s I want, I'll get a new 48 month loan at .9 instead of the 2.9, and my payments will be 20 dollars more. Im willing to do that. But we'll see what happens.

Dont like those new reflectors on the new accord though.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    I don't think anyone has made a V-4 since Saab in the '70s.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rob1601rob1601 Member Posts: 4
    Did you have a trade or just pay for the car all by itself, the dealer here close to me says that deal is crazy......thanks for your help
  • thientienthientien Member Posts: 8
    Can someone give me what's the good price for the 2011 Accord Sedan EX V6. I'm living in Seattle, WA area. Dealers here don't even want to talk to me if I'm offering 26k for it. Thanks.
  • hondaaccordexhondaaccordex Member Posts: 1
    Just an FYI for the forum...

I've paid 23,500 + taxes&title for Accord EX-4Cyl

Total 26,500 @ 1.9%APR
  • popilliapopillia Member Posts: 1
    Got a few quotes and this one came in the lowest...

18196 including destination fee...plus tax, title, and other fees, it comes around 20,000 for a 2011 accord LX-P...

can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? if yes, I am going to get it this week...
  • tbb9tbb9 Member Posts: 3
    It's obvious there are a few sales people and dealers in this forum floating numbers.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    edited December 2010
    "Can someone give me what's the good price for the 2011 Accord Sedan EX V6. I'm living in Seattle, WA area. Dealers here don't even want to talk to me if I'm offering 26k for it. Thanks."

Why make an offer? it is not good to make an offer. Just shop OTD because we ALL pay it.
    Seems like a really good price.
    What part of the country are you in?

And can you take advantage of the .9 % financing with that price?
  • disturbedonedisturbedone Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2010
    Hi, I was just quoted a price of 27,600 for an 2011 Accord V6 w/Nav package. I thought this was a great price, not so sure now.

New England area....

Any thoughts? Can I get them lowere?
  • hemlock87hemlock87 Member Posts: 10
    I was offered a final deal on a 2011 Accord SE from the great Phila area:

18,806 - includes dest
    1,128 - 6% state sales tax
    204 -DMV/doc/fees, etc.
    $20,138 Total OTD

This is the best deal I could find from a regional dealer. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
  • lucas28lucas28 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    I don't know whether it is appropriate to post this here:
    I bought an Accord last week, and did financing there with the dealer. We signed a spot delivery document, and I am quite concerned about this - the potential yo-yo scam.
    However, I received an email from the dealer today saying that I will receive a survey call from Honda. I wonder whether this suggests that my financing loan has been approved, because they should have already sent my information to Honda. Anyone has any idea about this?
    By the way, our down-payment is $10,000. Thanks for any help.
    this is a great great price!!!
  • zpraslazprasla Member Posts: 6
    I did not have any trade in and the car is V4 not V6. They still have cars for sale. I received the call from the sales person today and they are still honoring the price (Gillman Honda).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    First.... spot delivery isn't really a scam.. A spot delivery is any delivery made before final finance approval from the lender..

So... if you want to buy a car, and drive it off the lot the same day, it is necessarily a "spot delivery".

I suppose there are dealers that cater to the credit challenged that might use this as a ruse to get more money... but, it seems that would be a losing proposition in the long run, as you are likely to get back slightly used new cars, more often than you can squeeze blood out of a turnip..

If you have good credit and a $10K down payment, I wouldn't worry about it.. As far as the survey? Either decline to participate or put them off until later, after you are sure of your satisfaction.. It's not really relevant to the spot delivery, though..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, I have decent credit score ~720 (would be better if I have a credit history longer than 3 years).
    I shall postpone my survey until I am sure about my financing loan, thanks for this advice.
    Thanks again.
  • car_shopper5car_shopper5 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    I purchased a 2011 EX-L sedan, 4 cyl (auto trans) in Baltimore, MD for:

750 destination fee
    98 proc fee
    + tax, tags/title

This price was about 1300 lower than any other price. I recommend the dealer if you are in the area.
  • zhilengzhileng Member Posts: 6
    Hi, would you please give me the dealer info? Thanks! My email: zhileng@gmail.com
    Anderson Honda
  • mantax2006mantax2006 Member Posts: 2
    please let me know the dealer information for this. thanks
  • gavipuragavipura Member Posts: 1
    Stevens Creek Honda at San Jose, California offers Honda Accord LX-P 2011. The Price for this car is $19,888 at 0.9% loan for 36 months. Please let me know whether it is a good deal in this area On seeing messages here I think this price is excess at this time. Please reply what is good deal price in this area for this car. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for your info. Would you please give me the OTD price? Thanks again.
    OTD = 24,406
    Thanks. One more question, would you please give us the name of Sales Associate?
  • sksjedisksjedi Member Posts: 22
    Hello,

Last time I was in the market was 4 years ago, my brother wants an Accord V6 EXL with Nav.

He is being offered one for $30,000 drive out in Texas (has the "Pro" Package (splashguards, trunk tray, and wheel locks). All the other dealers in the area (major metro) are telling him 31k drive out. He has test driven the vehicle in question, and it exists.

Doing the math, allowing for 6.25% sales tax, and $250 for title and dealer documentation fees, that puts him at around $28,000 for the vehicle. or around $1400 less than the "invoice" price (without the extra $300 for the "pro" package). I don't have the breakdown of actual prices.

It appears that V6 EXL +Nav are rare birds, and thus, the discounts being offered are not as generous.

Considering that no one else wants to sell for less than $31k drive out, I am thinking that this is a good deal, not great, but good.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Denise McDonald. Please tell her you were referred by Dave R.
  • chickenlionchickenlion Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    If you do not mind sharing the dealer information. I would appreciate it.

Thx
  • disturbedonedisturbedone Member Posts: 7
    Listen your OTD prices mean nothing unless you specify V6 or 4 Cylinder

Also you need to specify with Navigation package on V6

Otherwise IMHO your prices are meaningless
    Thanks a lot! Happy new year!
  • chickenlionchickenlion Member Posts: 2
    I am in S NJ and would appreciate if you could let me know the dealer. I have to buy car by the end of tomorrow. Also you deal includes floor mats, wheel locks and trunk bucket or not? 0.9% finance or not?

Thank you very much for your help.
  • clevelandredclevelandred Member Posts: 10
    Couple of questions:

(1) Would the fact that today is end of year be likely to make dealers anxious to close today (I guess it may depend on whether they have some number to reach)? I see that the incentive program ($500 back to dealer) lasts until Tuesday January 4.

(2) On amexnetwork.zag.com I see 2011 Coupe EX-L (I4 - Auto - No Nav) priced at $21,888. It says that the price does not include tax, title, license, doc fees and "dealer added accessories" and other government fees. Does anyone have experience with the zag program? I plan to tak it in to my local dealer and see if he will match it. I assume that the $750 transportation is not included, but there is no indication one way or the other.

Thanks
  • ilikehondas2ilikehondas2 Member Posts: 4
    Got a LX-P from Gunn Honda in San Antonio TX for 18799+ttl@1.9% for 60 mo. I live in Austin, and local dealers couldn't come close. I had a great experience and would recommend them to anyone looking. :)
  • cntenncntenn Member Posts: 7
    Yes, I used the amexnetwork program a few weeks ago on an Accord V6 EXL Coupe. The quote I received was really good and the dealer honored the price no problem. I had to pay the usual, TTL and doc fees. They did have options on the car but offered to take them off if we didn't want them. Overall it was a quick and easy experience.
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Member Posts: 13
    Can you let me know where you got $21,888? I tried zip codes in Southern California and Texas, all gave me $23,317. Thanks.
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Member Posts: 13
    Anyone bought LX-P recently in Southern CA? Could you be kind enough to share the price? Thanks in advance.
  • tcarstartcarstar Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    We just paid $26,990 (before TTL) for a 2011 V6 EX-L Coupe, loaded with everything except navigation. We are very happy (and even surprised) with that price, which is $900 below invoice. Plus we received 1.9% financing, which is worth another $2,000 in savings. We are very happy with that price. In fact, it prompted us to snap up that deal on short notice. If it was anytime other than between Christmas and New Years, I think we would pay more. Hondas often sell at a premium due to demand, so anything below invoice is good.

Some of the others price numbers mentioned in this thread by other people sound ridiculous and are hard to believe. If you actually got that price, then great for you. Anyway, we are happy with $26,990 for the V6 Coupe EX-L. True Car said that the average price paid on this car was $28,371 and that a "great" price would be $27,763.
  • clevelandredclevelandred Member Posts: 10
    Other end of the county - 20874 (Maryland).
  • buyers12buyers12 Member Posts: 2
    I appreciate the other users who recommended zag.com (american express). I used zag to get prices locally and in DC. I saved $2,300 by travelling 400 miles to buy from Phil at Criswell Honda, versus locally. The dealership stood by the zag quote with no gimmicks or add ons like "dealer options" at the last minute. It was the easiest experience ever. I spent an entire day traveling, but to save $2,300 with no hastles was worth it.
  • tbb9tbb9 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    An excellent price for the 2011 Accord 4Dr EX-L V6 is $23,982 + TTL and doc fee. MSRP including destination charge is $30,180 on the car window. That's what I got it for, $3,700 under invoice. If you're in the midwest I can hook you up.
  • buyers12buyers12 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Clevelandred. Yes, search zip 20874 and you'll get Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD and others. I actually don't think there are any Honda dealers remaining in DC because of taxes there.