Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    Just bought an Accord LX-P in Alabama for about $21,100 before TTL, which I thought was a pretty good deal, and that is with a few little extras. I'd shopped pretty hard via Internet and in person beforehand. There is one local dealer that must love their cars because they jack up the factory sticker a few thousand and then barely come off that. The other local dealers will not even trade with them. They must have some uninformed people come in and buy since they stay in business.
  • kco007kco007 Member Posts: 7
    boyland honda milwaukee,wi
  • kco007kco007 Member Posts: 7
    exl boyland honda. i live 500 miles away from them. that is how great the deal that im willing to travel that far.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2011
    There's another similar (though not quite as good) deal pending from a Dallas area poster on Edmunds Answers.

Steve, visiting host
  • onlamonlam Member Posts: 13
    Is that the 4 cylinder or V6? I got a quote of $24,700 for a V6 EX-L without navigation. Another dealer give me a $250 best deal voucher so it would be $24450 with Tax+Title+Doc fee.

The second dealer got about 114 Accords on their lot. Deals are going on in the Cincy, Ohio area and it's just not Honda. I test drove both a Accord and an Nissan Altima 3.5 SR and went with the Altima 3.5 instead. The Nissan dealer gave me a $4750 off plus $1750 rebate deal.
  • imm3imm3 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for 2011 Accord SE in Fairfax, VA.

did you got any good deal?
  • marty76marty76 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2011
    Hi
    I just have a deal at $23,894. (last minute-30minutes before the closing) and signed.
    I asked the accessaries (Splash Guard, Wheel lock, All-season Floor Mats, Trunk Tray: $800 worth) for free, didn't work.
    ended up
    $26,000 OTD :(
    They will provide .9% interest for the memorial day special.
    They are saying they're short for the car b/c Japan's situation..
    I may cancel in case they say something different tomorrow.
    What do you think?
    Do they give free accessories?
  • onlamonlam Member Posts: 13
    I am from Ohio and only 60 miles from Marysville. My cousin works in the Honda plant and he said the slowdown isn't that bad. Parts are beginning to come in and they hadn't reduce his hours. Dealers are using this excuse to get maximum profit. As I wrote eariler, one dealer here in Ohio has over 100 Accords in his lot and they aren't selling. They must be asking too high for the last few months and now it's the end of MAy and they needed those sales numbers. That's why I am being quoted $5000-$6000 off MSRP from some of them.
  • oxyrisoxyris Member Posts: 1
    I'm a Cape Cod shopper looking at 3.5 EX-L. Can you share who is your dealer? Is the car you bought a 4-cyl?
  • fujisfujis Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2011
    Bought a EX-L and paid $24268 ($23543 + $725 options), plus TTL.

Options are pre-installed and I had to pay for them with big discount, including wing spoiler with pauls light, windows tint, paint and seat protections, pro-pack (whell lock, splash guard, trunk tray).

Wondering if windows tint is done by manufacture or dealler, and should it is already included in base price?
  • powerslavepowerslave Member Posts: 2
    Can you please mention the Dealer name and location.

Thanks
    You had a better deal.
    Thank you.

I was refered by a friend to the dealer. When I got to dealership, I looked for Internet Sales manager, and mentioned that my friend refered me to here, not only I got this great price, but also the dealer gave my friend $100 as a reference award.

The internet sale manager is very nice. I got a free tank of gas. I also trade in my old accord with a good estimate.
    edited June 2011
    4cylinder
    HerbChambers Boston.
    It sucks...
  • flash931flash931 Member Posts: 5
    Did you pay $23543 + TTTL for V4 or V6?
    It's in Houston, TX. By the way, I got 0.9% APR 5-years financing.
    2.4 I-4. V6 will be about $1500 more.
  • powerslavepowerslave Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. You got an outstanding deal, given the current auto industry situation.
  • flash931flash931 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks njguy63.

I live in NJ too and dealers over here certainly charge more than anywhere else.

I will try to negotiate around $25,500(inclusive dest) plus TTL as PA is way to far from where I live.
  • ceemovieceemovie Member Posts: 3
    Is below a good deal for 2011 accord se (its been a while since I shopped for cars)
    $ 22,268.00 Purchase price including Destination
    $ 1558.76 Nj Sales Tax
    $ 197.00 Doc. fee
    $ 7.50 Nj Tire tax
    $ 299.00 NJ Motor Vehicle ( Estimated)
    $ 24,330.26 Total out tthe door
    edited June 2011
    Hi
    I just canceled my accessories (Floor Matt, Wheel Lock, Splash Guard, Trunk Tray)
    Turned out they charged me 2x MSRP ($745.90)
    What is necessary item to buy and where do you recommend?
    I found http://www.handa-accessories.com/honda.html.
    I thought these are better to have: FM, TT, and maybe SG
    Thanks,
  • imsatimsat Member Posts: 15
    Anyone with recent 2011 Honda Accord purchase in Washington DC area.?

Can someone suggest me the price for 2011 Honda accord SE and 2011 Honda Accord EX-L.?

Thanks in advance.
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Fujis,
    Could you please share with me the dealers name and the salesperson name and i thought Honda has only 1.9%/60, how did you get 0.9/60
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2011
    Hi java5,

You looks like an IT professional and a Java expert. We are similar. :)

It was McDavid Honda. I asked 0.9/60 and they gave me that.

I feel EX-L's 190 hp is enough and don't need V6.

When you get there, looking for internet sales manager, you better mention my name (Fujie S) and model I bought, and you will save a lot of money. Don't forget ask for free tank of gas and let them send me some referral award! :)

Good luck in car shopping!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Actually you bought that rate.... they would have given you a better rate if you paid more for the car.
    No, 0.9/60 financing has nothing to do with the price I paid, but my credit score is above 800, which may has something to do with it.
    Could you please share your deal details fuje
    I got $24,496.00 quote from a dealer for 2011 Honda accord EX-L.

$24,496.00 + destination ($750) + TTL in Washington DC area.

Is it a good price.? :confuse:
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    edited June 2011
    Exactly! The fine print states that to get manufacturer's low or no interest rate you have to be "Well qualified".

Yes, the dealers often have to subsidize interest finacing to get the consumers to buy a car and often they get incetnives for getting loan processed by fin. institution.

Always, get your own lowest rate loan approved as a benchmark.
    Try the Criswell and Ourisman dealerships and use AMEX/Zag service. Use their quote to further bargain, especially end of month.

See the old posts of DC/MD area buyers- Seen prices closer 23k+ for EXL 5spd sedan but incentives from Honda to dealers do change every month and Summer is not the ideal time to buy but slow economy is in your favor.
    IF it's a V6, excellent, if it's a I4. could be better.
    Java5, my deal details are:

EX-L I-4 and paid $24,268 ($23,543 + $725 options), plus TTL (fees, state tax).

Options are pre-installed and I had to pay for them with big discount, including:
    1. Wing spoiler with pulse light (a safty feature), $799
    2. Windows tint, $299
    3. Paint and seat protections package, $399
    4.Pro-pack (wheel locks, splash guard, trunk tray), $299
    ---- Those options are taged about $1800, I paid $725.

They also offer life-time car wash at dealership.
    Now i get it, how you got the 0.9/60 months, you paid more for the car and the dealer bought the percentage point from Honda, i would say paid in excess of 725 for dealer installed options which cost the dealer 1/4 the price.Any ways enjoy your new car
  • pxl125pxl125 Member Posts: 1
    hi! Two months ago, the SE model was 19000 in md. but now it is more than 22000. is it all because of the earthquake? is it going to go back to 19000 if I wait for several weeks? thanks
    Thanks alookman,

I got On the road Quote from Criswell which is: $26900 and, from Ourisman which is: $26700, both are for 2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 L 4 Cylinder.

Do u think its a good price.? :confuse:

Thanks again.
    SE was never 19000, even LXP is 19200 with all the incentives, you must have confused between SE and LX
    edited June 2011
    I do enjoy my new car very much. It's my third new Accord.
    Can you get an EX-L for less than $23,543? What you said about what I paid is just your opnion, you didn't do the math right .... Did you read all my posts here? lol
    By the way, they offer new buyer free life-time car wash.
    0-:)
    You mean to say you will buy $750 worth more accessories for free car wash, take that $750 and invest in stocks you can wash car twice every day, the point is you paid at least $900 more for your car, the quote that i got from Russel and smith Honda for 2011 EXL-I4, is as follows
    1. Car price-----22,600.00(including destination)
    2. Tint----------------150.00
    3. Propack-----------150.00=22,900+ttl.

Have fun
  • jeansdngjeansdng Member Posts: 12
    It is wrong, I got an offer from Ourisman Honda for $18690 for 2011 honda Accord SE (not incldung TTL and freight, OTD price is around $21000), yes It is Accord SE.
    I also bought a 2011 Accord EX-L I4 from Ourisman Honda for $24,300 OTD (0.9 APR, free first month payment, free preprogram my CRV car key, free floormat, wheel lock, trunk tray, paintstrip, wheel lock and splash guard)
  • ceemovieceemovie Member Posts: 3
    i am not sure how in the world are you getting these quotes... when no dealer in nj is willing to go below 25000 (incl. dest) for a ex-l
    Java 5,

Where is your dealership located? If you get the EX-L I4 AT for 23k or less its a good deal. Their add ons are also very reasonably priced!

In Texas the dealers add the protection package and other accessories and insist on sticking it to consumers. I like the way Honda packages their cars unlike Toyota & others which have tons of options installed that can run up the price by few $ks, but Honda dealers have totally messed it up!

Also, Texas New Car Dealers [non-permissible content removed]. will not let you get low quotes from Texas dealers using web based services like Amex/Zag, and I think the prices are higher here due to the "Cartel"in Lonestar State!

I have been following this Forum since last year and it seems MD dealers like Criswell and Ourisman do offer best deals.
    "On the road" means out of the door or drive out final price? It seems really high. See the post by Java 5 he has quote from a dealership for $22,690 plus add on accessories at a very reasonable price. Another poster has quote better than that on EX-L from Ourisman!

Dealer add-ons, I would not pay at all and if they insist I would pay them their actual cost which is about 1/4 of retail.

EX-L 4cyl AT should be at 23k with dest. inc plus TTL. End of month is when they will budge on price. Factory to dealer incentives varies each month!
    That's great price too. Congrats!
    I paid more but got more than you ----
    a. Paint and leather protaction plan;
    b. Raer spoiler with pulse light;
    Whose are what I like to get, you may not want them though.
    I also trade-in my 07 Accord with a good price, which saves me $700 tax.

What finance rate did you get?
    Java 5,

LX, LX-P and SE are not as well selling as EX and EX-L with I-4 due to 190 HP and better tires, so dealers have more of those on lot and factory incentives are often targeted to move them. Though I must say 18,900 is very good deal for LX-P but a steal for SE!
    I am trying to say that i got better deal or you got better deal, i am just telling you when you buy car next time be careful, they are there to rip you off, any ways i also got 0.9/60 and first months payment made by Honda finance that is like 460.00 since i bought a exl-v6 the payments are higer
    Can you provide the city and state from you bought. :confuse:
  • jeansdngjeansdng Member Posts: 12
    I bought at the end of April at Ourisman Honda in Laurel Maryland.
    edited June 2011
    Its 40 miles from my house. I'm in Virginia. Give me your name so, if I decide to go over there I will give your name as referral.

In MD you have 6% sales tax right.?