Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• md2xmd2x Member Posts: 10
    Price is excluding Tag,tax and destination charge. If any want interest I can forward this email to.

Stock# BL004300 2011 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4WD $30995*+

Stock# BB080201 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD $30595*+

Stock# BB008475 2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL $30995*

Stock# BB003691 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6 (w/ spoiler) $24995*

Stock# BS010862 2011 Honda CR-Z EX $21888*

Stock# BE028332 2011 Honda Civic VP $15995*

Stock# BL002055 2011 Honda Element LX $20588*

Stock# BA038105 2011 Honda Accord EX-L $23588*+

Stock# BA007162 2011 Honda Accord EX-L $27395* (w/ spoiler and body side moldings)
  • bigmouth1bigmouth1 Member Posts: 6
    please forward me the e-mail from sport Honda.. That Honda ELX-L is a steal ! e-mail is tito2c4life@juno.com
  • npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    Anyone know a dealer in the PA, NJ, DE area which advertises low prices on an Accord? Looking for a LX-P. Truecar says to go for 22,023.

Nick
  • vipers1973vipers1973 Member Posts: 3
    I have been offered a 2010 EXL w/o navigation for $26,500 with 22 miles. Is this a good deal? Is there any hidden marketing support for the 2010 models?
  • bigmouth1bigmouth1 Member Posts: 6
    hey vipers1973, that's over priced. if you scroll up, people have purchased 2011 EX-L w/o navi for $26k out the door (includes, tag, tax, destin, etc..)
  • vipers1973vipers1973 Member Posts: 3
    It's for a Crosstour. Is that a good deal for ine of those?
  • briko3briko3 Member Posts: 6
    I know it's not as good as some deals, but I'm looking at a 2011 Accord LX for $21,000 out the door. I've seen better deals on here, but they were all months ago and it seems like the stock at most dealerships in NC, SC and GA are all low and there aren't as many dealer incentives.

So....is this a good deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Please do not post e-mail addresses in the forums..

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stone23stone23 Member Posts: 10
    I currently have an Acura TL with 140K miles on it. It's a little long in the tooth and starting to have some electrical issues. Went to the Denville NJ Honda dealership to inquire about the Honda Accord. I was looking at a V6 EXL, blk on blk, w/o nav. If I traded in my TL, assuming it was worth $7000, they gave me the following prices:

$7K trade in $385 60mos @1.9% includes tax,title,license
    $8K trade in $368 60 mos @1.9 includes tax,title,license

So is this a good deal?

Appreciate it.
    I went across the street and looked at the Acura TSX V6. Looks like a great car. Torn between the two.
  • keefstonekeefstone Member Posts: 1
    I am on the verge of buying a 2011 Accord EXL V6 Sedan with Navigation. I have negotiated down to 28,276, including destination charge. This is about $400 below invoice, according to Edmonds. Am I getting a good deal??? Any input is appreciated.
  • postytsxpostytsx Member Posts: 15
    You're getting a great deal in my opinion. I was very close to buying the same car and could only get them down to $28,400. But I wasn't done trying yet. :-)
  • crv123crv123 Member Posts: 33
    Hi All --

I am considering puchasing a new accord sedan (currently looking at the ex-l with navi and trying to decide between the 4 and 6 cyl). I'm hoping that someone can help me understand the incentives listed here on the edmunds site. The summary for both models says $750 manufacturer to dealer, but when I look at the subdetail for the ex-l w-navi 4 cyl, it says marketing support up to $750 manufacturer to dealer (July 6 - Sept 6) and then lists $500 (June 15 - Aug 31). Below that it lists $500 bonus cash (June 15 - Aug 31). The 6 cyl lists bonus cash twice -- $750 (July 6 - Sept 6) and $500 (June 15 - Aug 31).

So, what I am trying to understand is whether there is just a $750 incentive on the table or, if for the 4 cyl there is $2000 on the table and $2500 on the table for the v6.

Thanks in advance!! :)
  • melkngmelkng Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2011 Honda Accord SE at $24,000 our the door w/ all taxes & fees. Is this a good price?
    It depends on how much your taxes are and title and license fees. What are you getting the car for prior to TTL?
    edited July 2011
    Despite the issues my sister had with her 08, I can't get my mother off of buying an Accord. She is going to risk it and hope for the best.

I was quoted from the dealer for an LX-P 21,652 which includes the $200 doc fee. They also slapped a Vin etching (don't need), mud flaps, cargo net(don't need) and wheel locs. We are also eligible for $500 current Accord owner incentive. I was looking at the quotes before the shortage and see that our local Honda dealership was selling an LX-P for $19,619. That's over $4,000 off of MSRP. She isn't in that much of a need for a new one so we can wait a little while. Should we hold off until September when hopefully inventory will be back up?
  • melkngmelkng Member Posts: 2
    22,000 before TTL
    Yeah I would say it seems ok. Keep in mind that if you can wait a few months when inventory is back up to normal, you could get this for 20,274. This was a price that was posted on this forum back in April.
  • happy9zhappy9z Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    I have been quoted for Accord Sedan 2011 EXL with Navi

VEHICLE OFFERED:2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L NAVI automatic
    UPFRONT PRICE: $27,701+fees

I think the destination fee is included. So is this a good price or over price?
  • dallasscrapdallasscrap Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Dallas. I have been quoted $29,856.00 out the door (taxes, fees, registration, etc) for a 2011 Honda Accord 2.4 liter EX-L with Navigation.

Does that seem fair or is there wiggle room?
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    Very high. Keep looking.
  • dallasscrapdallasscrap Member Posts: 2
    Thanks indy...
  • zjh860318zjh860318 Member Posts: 1
    anyone got any good quote for 2011 Accord LX in texas? i am looking around 21000 - 21500. is this possible? so far i only got ~22000
  • mnl75mnl75 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 2011 Honda Accord LX automatic in eastern Tennessee. I've been quoted an OTD price of 23,079.50 (base price of $20,891, then tax, title, fees). Is this a fair price? Can I do better?
  • odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    I think you might be able to get an LX-P for that price, at least if you wait until the end of the month when they are trying to meet quota. Also, you can point out that the 2012s are almost here. Just wondering, but isn't the LX-P a better deal, with the added aluminum wheels, etc.? You might consider the LX-P because it might have higher resale with the extra options. Good luck.
  • sawbones1sawbones1 Member Posts: 4
    I am shopping around an EX-L in northern Jersey, and getting 24,500 + destination from several different dealers. I guess it may not the best time to buy a honda at this moment.
  • johnd51362johnd51362 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Guy's, I'm in the process of buying the wife a new EL-X V6 Auto w/o Nav. The dealer $28,100 + Doc Fees of 432.00 + Taxes 835.00 and then OPTIONS 1058.00 . These "options" were to include splash guards, wheel locks, all season mats and "appearance protection package". MSRP was $30,400.00 and their OTD was $30,425. I did not mind if they made $500 or $600 more than another dealer would as we have had really great service with them.
    What pricing are the rest of you getting right now for this Honda?
  • nextmingnextming Member Posts: 3
    Picked up this same car without any dealer installed options last Friday, for $26228, which included the destination charge, but before all taxes, title and registration; plus a $500 cash back from the Honda Loyal Customer program. I am in the San Francisco bay area.
  • benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    hi. im in bay area also.
    Interesting to know what is the OTD price for your V6 exl without the $500 loyalty bonus.
    btw, could you tell me how hard is the buying process?
    which dealer u get it from ?
    thank you .
  • kaolinchemistkaolinchemist Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Tafetta White 2011 Honda Accord LXP in South Georgia for $21,752 Out The Door which included the GA 7% sales tax and all fees. I felt I got a pretty good grab since the taxes were about $1390 and the title fee was $21. I think it helped me that I bought the car on the last Saturday of July. The entire negotiation was handeled via email, no phone clal was made until they accepted my offer of $21,752. It is so nice to buy cars over the internet now, I didn't actually meet my salesperson until I went in to sign the papers.
    28728 is the OTD price. Negotiation was easy, all through emails. I believe it was the end of the month sale, which was the same price for the same cars on their inventory. Honda Livermore is the dealer.
  • mj1228mj1228 Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a 2011 Accord Coupe LX-S--3 year lease with 15Kmi/yr. I am currently ending a 3 year lease on a 2008 Accord Coupe w/ leather and moon roof (4cyl.). Dealer is offering me the following and want to know if it's good or if I can do better. Thanks for any help. This is a PA lease.

$0.00 out of pocket
    Total monthly payment of $315.00 ($288.99 + 26.00 for taxes)
    Money factor is .000490
    Residual is 54%
    3-year/15K mi per year
    Dealer advises that my equity in my current car is factored in (my current car has 37K mi, which is 8K under the limit)
  • oxford9oxford9 Member Posts: 13
    When you say "$26228, which included the destination charge, but before all taxes, title and registration; plus a $500 cash back from the Honda Loyal Customer program.', does that mean your price is $25,728 after they deducted the $500 Loyalty, or is the $26,228 the price after the deduction.

Thanks.
  • muellertimemuellertime Member Posts: 6
    Could you all explain the $500 loyalty program?
    The $500 loyal customer cash back is extra, after you pay the price of $26228 +TTL.

It is not the same to say the price of the car is $25728, as you have to pay tax on the amount of $26228.
  • oxford9oxford9 Member Posts: 13
    I get it. Good point and good deal you got. Thanks very much for your insight and sharing this information.
    Folks you may want to see the complaints about excessive oil consumption

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2008/engine/excessive_oil_consumption.- shtml

My cousin's husband just traded back his 08 because the dealer gave him the run-around about the excessive oil it was consuming.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to talk with a recent new car buyer who was considering buying used, found prices higher than expected and decided instead to buy new? Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by 4pm Eastern on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 to be interviewed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• guillguill Member Posts: 94
    Before we blindly accept the allegations implied by npolite in his post, perhaps we should step back and look at this issue from a more rationale and objective perspective. One only has to complete a simple calculation to realize that this issue, while significant to those who have experienced excessive oil consumption, really only impacts a nominal number of Accords. The website (cited by npolite) contains 80 reports of excessive oil consumption. When you compare that to the total number of Accords sold in the U.S. during 2008--266,848, you will see that only .02 percent (thats .02 of 1 percent) or 1 out of every 3335 vehicles is reported to have experienced this problem. Again, a very small insignificant amount of Accords have been alleged to have excessive oil consumption.
    Before throwing away my suggestion, people need to think about how many people did not post to that site as well. You can include my cousin's husband on that list because he probably is not aware of the site.

If you consider the class action lawsuit on the premature rear brake failure on the site, there were only 973 complaints, yet the fact is we now know there was a vast majority of owners who had this issue.

People may follow a post that Wyatterp has posted on this issue.
    http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62586

Yes as I have said it may be a small amount, but honestly who checks their dipstick to know that they have the problem if the oil low pressure light doesn't come on. At that point the engine probably already has damage.
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    edited August 2011
    Nice of you to compare the entire universe of Honda sales to the extremely small sample represented by this obscure website! Your data is obviously very incomplete and in no way representative of the scope of the issue. I found npolite's links informative as I thought the problem was limited to the VCM 6 cyl. Obviously, the four cylinder owners are having similar problems. You don't suppose that there is some commonality of design in the piston/cylinder bore/ring design, do you?
  • macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

Just helped my aunt to buy an accord EX V6 in SoCal. OTD price 26138.94 (base 23830 + tax 2170). Actually quoted for ext nav blue/int gray, 26k OTD, but my aunt didn't like the color. The 2nd dealer promised to match, but they did fudge the number a little bit. The price was base 24418.94 + tax 2250 - customer loyalty 500 = 26138.94.
    I am guessing the 138.94 is the cost for the wheel lock + mud guard.
    Both dealers insisted on financing. They claimed the minimum acceptable finance amount is 7500. At 18.5K down, and 0.9 APR, it calculates out to be 215/month. There was supposedly no penalty for early payment.
    By the end of the night about 930 when no tech was available, the dealer offered the alarm system for 499 (including tax - was 995 by their count).
    In the end, the OTD price was 26537.94.
    I hope this was a good deal for my aunt. If so, hope some one else could use this as benchmark.
  • bze_itbze_it Member Posts: 1
    $27,635 including destination charge In White Plains. OTD = $30,375 which included 8.875% NY sales tax plus TL.

Yonkers has the same car (2011 Accord EXL-V6) for $26,459 quoted price (w/o TTL) and a Accord Ex-L V4 for $24,850 quoted price (w/o TTL) but must finance through dealer - unsure if the two prices include destination charges. Honda Auto Plaza in Brooklyn, NY made statements that they can match or beat the above prices. Watch out for the finance guy who will try to reap back in profit. Be on the lookout for the after sell of $2000 plus honda care extended warranty which they will try and sneak in without your knowledge on your paperwork if you are not careful.
  • jeffreyrubinjeffreyrubin Member Posts: 1
    Commonwealth Motors Lawrence Ma Best Dealership to do business with.
    They great you and listen to your needs and wants. I went to one dealership
    that not only did not great me, they did not even ask if they could help me
    after 10 minutes of walking around the showroom.
    Commonwealth is the way to go.
  • guillguill Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2011
    indydriver, while I welcome a healthy debate of the issues presented in this forum, I also do ask that we stick to the facts. I did not "compare the entire universe of Honda sales...", if you'll read my post, you'll see that I was very accurate and fair by comparing "2008 Honda Accord sales" to the data presented on the website cited by npolite "excessive oil consumption in 2008 Honda Accords." Again, my calculations compared 2008 Accords to problems reported in 2008 Honda Accords ... not quite the same as comparing the "entire universe of Honda sales."

You also state, "obviously, the four cylinder owners are having similar problems." Again, I'm only asking that we don't jump to conclusions or unfairly vilify Honda based on a very small number of reported problems. Along this line, you categorize npolite's post as "informative" ... perhaps, but I think his post sounds a bit like sensationalism.

Bottom line, this thread is about "Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience," therefore I think posters should stick to this topic and post their feelings/opinions about Honda in the appropriate area.
  • moriapmoriap Member Posts: 1
    Hi all:

I got a quote of Accord SE which is the best among the Honda dealers near my place (mid-IL). Its MSRP was 24,700 and the price from the dealer was 21,950. With TTL, OTD is 23,755. Do you think this price is good enough? Since I don't speak English well, I'm totally not sure about whether I've done well or not.
  • veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    Car at 22,000
    OTD 23,750
    Do you think this is good price? i'm thinking i should get my money back by cancelling my order with them? I have put money down on an in-coming car, the car is not yet picked up by me.
    How do we claim the 500 loyalty cash-back, i didnt see it in my invoice they basically gave me the car at 22,000 + ttl + doc fees of 180 = 23,750 in dallas TX.
    I know we have 750 for using American Honda Finance & 500 for being a loyal honda customer.
  • macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

They subtract 500 at the time you purchase - should be listed in the invoice they gave you. In return, they ask you to fax them your prior honda title or bring it in. At least in CA that how it was with my aunt.
    Thanks MacGandalf, will update this forum after i'm done with purchase as to what happened with it.
  • rbrrbr Member Posts: 113
    Just purchased an '07 Honda Certified Accord for my daughter. Just wondering if anyone has purchased a Certified Accord/Honda and if so what do you get in the way of paperwork? I think you are supposed to get a Honda Certified Warranty Brochure and a copy of the inspection checklist, but can anyone confirm?

thanks.