Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    1) 0 down, 0.9 % for 36 months
    2) Call and talk to Jerry
    3) 6.2 miles on the car, (but within 24 hrs i put 1400 miles)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Funny how people percieve things...

The week between Christmas and New Years is traditionally one of the, if not the busiest weeks of the year. The PERCEPTION seems to be this is the week killer deals happen.

I think on a dark, rainy day when it's 6:00 and the store hasn't sold a car, now, THAT is the time a stupid deal may get approved just to avoid going blank for the day.

If a "deal" seems too good to believe, it probably didn't happen.
  • yayar2000yayar2000 Member Posts: 5
    Hi this seems the best deal so far!! May I know from which dealer?
  • iyervikas81iyervikas81 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Veeren. Based on your invaluable inputs, I talked to Jerry and I was quoted $20619 OTD for 2012 Accord SE Black/Black since NC sales tax is just 3%. I am going in tomorrow to close the deal. Will post my experiences once I am back.
  • hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    I agree with you and also the Dallas resident that mentioned buying after and ice storm.

Hard to time weather events though. Speaking generally I think it is a good week to plan on a purchase.

Somebody must agree with me because as you said- Busiest week of the year-

Not everyone can wait though and that being said near month end of any month for quotas also seems helpful.

It will be interesting to see if Honda continues $$ to dealers to move inventory. I'm thinking they will as so much ground lost trailing 6 to Nissan,Hyundai and Ford
  • dmbmay98dmbmay98 Member Posts: 19
    Did you fly into Baltimore? How did you get to the dealership? I am may be flying up there for the Accord SE.
    Hi Veeren, One quick question. If we are buying a new car from different state (MD in our case) and registering it in other state (nc in my case), dont we have to pay any taxes to MD? Also what is the procedure to get the title and license plate.. what all things are taken care by the dealer.
  • magicwinemagicwine Member Posts: 6
    Hi Vereen,

Did you pay a dealer processing fee of $154? Jerry requested it and was curious if he is trying to pad it and increase his commission.

Thanks
    Bob
    Yeah i flew from Dallas to BWI airport and the Anderson guys sent me a Van to pick me from the airport.
    They will make some money somewhere, point is get the total value to be less than something you have already made your mind on.

I did not have the doc fee 154 exclusively.
    But i think i paid around 40 for something else, may be temporary tags.
    I dont have the details yet, will post when i'm done with it.

Should not be a big hassle, i was supposed to show the texas Tax guys that i paid taxes in MD and they would use the tax credits for getting that thing done.
    Congrats...!! enjoy...

After the 1400 mile ride in 24 hrs... i'm the talk of the office... somepeople are thinking what the heck... some are saying was money that important.....

My perspective is that... business should make money... but they should cheat customers. Apart from the money saved, i liked the deal because it was hassle free, i cannot say the same for the dallas dealers.

At one of the Mazda dealers, me and my friend had made our minds to get a Mazda 6 because the car was cheaply prized. @ 16,250 new.

I said to the dealer make it 16,500 OTD, they went ahead and created paper work with 16,500 + TTL+ Doc fess+ Finance Fees + some other fees = 17,700 OTD

I said... we said 16,500 OTD, he said i'm taking that in consideration, then i said why would i ask the selling price be 16,500 instead of 16,250?

Then the deal got cancelled, you know why....
  • dmbmay98dmbmay98 Member Posts: 19
    They were going to make me take a taxi. They were willing to meet the price but I dont think they are as set on selling the cars. Did you do a carfax on your car before buying it? I noticed on the black one I was going to buy it had 2 records but I did not know what they were. All the other ones I have seen have 1.
    I don't understand....

"business should make money...but they should cheat customers"

????

Everytime I think I miss the business, all I have to do is visit a "Prices Paid" forum and I just smile.

Nothing like an early retirement!
  • hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    You must miss it because you keep up with this thread.

You were posting when I bought my Pilot in 2007-- 4500 under msrp and you guessed it-- Week after Christmas. Sorry couldn't resist...

I don't know that most dealers are out to Cheat anyone. It's just good busines to try and get a fair price for what your selling.

Buyer always has option of walking. If someone is consistently overpriced compared to other dealers probably won't be around long
    I asked him/Sales-guy before hand for the airport pick up.

Secondly my car has 1 record on Carfax

Good luck.
    Thanks OK... i meant
    "business should make money...but they should NOT cheat customers"

My comment was about having a price and sticking to it, not keep changing it just because you the customer made the trip to the showroom, then slip something while doing final paper work etc, thats what i'm not comfortable.

Had some dealer posted a X price and stuck to it even while the X price is a wee bit higher than the posted prices else where, the experience would be better than what i personally had.

Anyways Thanks for your messages earlier and i just wanted to clear that comment with my fellow forum members.
  • asca2asca2 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, just purchased 2012 Honda Accord SE, and made them throw in Bluetooth. I paid $23500 out the door, taxes and fees included. Was it a good deal or could I have gotten better?

Thanks in advance.
    I am located in California by the way
    Hi, Thanks to Veeren, I was able to buy a 2012 Accord SE (4.4 miles on it) for $19876 + 3% NC tax + $40. However, I just paid $20000 to Anderson Honda as they said that they will mail me all documents required by NC DMV and I can pay the tax myself. Drove from Baltimore to Charlotte just now. I also got the splash guard and Wheel Locks at no extra cost. Also the floor mats were provided at no extra charge. The dealer was not at all pushy and like veeren mentioned, it was a wal-mart kind of experience with absolute no pressure on buying the car.
    The dealers in Charlotte, NC were quoting me $23500 for the same car and were charging me for splash guards, wheel locks and floor mats. Such a rip-off.
  • yt576cyt576c Member Posts: 6
    I am also getting quotes from different dealers in CA. $23, 500 OTD is lowest quote I got so far. Who is the dealer and contact person you purchased it from? How is your experience with the dealership?
    Thanks for sharing the information.
    yt576c at gmail
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    You owe Vereen "Charlotte's Fall Color Viewing Trip" of beuatiful NC in your new car. I know because my sis lives in Raleigh!

Texas has no great scenic roads drives except maybe East Texas and the Hill Country!

Enjoy your car!
  • magicwinemagicwine Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

So if you paid $20,000 including sales tax, at 3% which is 596.28, deducting that from $20,000 = 19403.72 for the OTD price, which is even lower than the $19876 price Vereen got.

Is that correct?

Thank you for your help.

Bob
    It was in Woodland Hills (I think they delete my comment if I give the exact name, but I think you can figure it out :-) ) I liked them, especially since they threw in the bluetooth.
  • arsh1arsh1 Member Posts: 1
    Price is surprisingly low ? I walked out of a couple of NJ dealerships, no one would offer less than 23500K OTD. Can there be so much difference in prices, 3K?
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    I see some awesome prices on SEs but what about EXs and EX Ls 4 cyl?
    Hi Bob, the $19876 price is excluding sales tax. The OTD price I will be paying after registration is complete is close to $20600. Anderson Honda sold me the car for $19876 + $40( 60 day dealers tag). I will be paying 3% tax when I register my car in NC DMV.
    Congrats Vikas,
    You got a much better deal than me, I had no wheel locks and splash/mud guards. I guess the floor mats are standard in all Honda vehicles.

According to eBay/Amazon/Honda Parts websites Following is the best cost:

Wheel Locks -- Around 45 to 50 USD
    Splash Guards -- around 60 USD + installation.

So over you better my deal by around 120 bucks.

I guess you wanted a color.. which they had only one of them which already had few of these items installed, so they sometimes just give you the vehicles without removing the accessories.

Anyways i had planned to add few accessories after i got the car, so i got the prices from the market, because the dealership would charge around 300-350 bucks for having the splash guards installed, wheel locks would be around 100 odd installed.
    Vikas does not owe me anything there was another guy who posted the deal, and i just took his name and got the same deal, and i started making noise after i got the car, so Vikas saw my messages and made decision to buy the car.

Vikas is from NC.. and he drove to MD to get the car.... he is not a TX resident.

But i've enjoyed the drive and posted some videos after the snow,

Video Link 1
    Video Link 2
    (you can find more after you visit these above).

Many people who i know personally are going to do the trip to MD to get the car after i got... and they are not here on the forum.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,782
    I flew to Maryland to get a car, just a couple months ago... :)

Granted it was an almost sold-out model at a killer deal... but, there you go.. 530 mile drive home...

Not sure I'd do that to get a mass-market car like an Accord sedan.. I'd have to really wear out every dealer within 200 miles, first...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I agree on the Accord thing.

Still, it never failed to amaze me what people would put themselves through to save what often amounted to very little money.

It wasn't the money. It was the fear that just maybe, someone else paid less for the same car.

A mentality that I will never understand but, that's me.
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2011
    If you are in the Houston area, here is a deal for you:
    Pre-owned at Mercedes Benz of Sugar Land, but only 1500miles. Car fax shown vehicle purchase in July, but sold to MB in October. No accident reported. You can view the pictures either on eBay or dealer website.
    2011 Honda Accord EX gray metalic exterior color
    MANUAL transmission
    Option: decklit spoiler, mud guard, windows/sunroof visor
    I worked out an OTD of $20750 (including tax 6.25%), however, I wasn't able to close the deal because wife can't really drive the manual stick. Hopefully someone can take advantage of this. Cheers.
    " I worked out an OTD of 20,750"

I guess I'm curious as to why you would take the time and trouble of doing that on a car you knew your wife couldn't drive?

It's not unusual for this to happen. People buy cars, usually sticks and quickly learn that their spouse won't drive the car or don't care to learn how.

Cars like this can get quickly traded in and then become great values for the few people that they appeal to.

Very few of these are produced and the number seems to drop every year.
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2011
    Just locked the deal for 2012 Accord SE Polished Metal $22,662.00 OTD with the following below:
    Tint
    Floor Mats
    Wheel Locks
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Tray
    Pinstripe
    Door edge guards

Dealer:
    David McDavid Honda of Frisco

This is the best deal i could find 2012 Accord SE. It is unfortunate all the DFW & OK area dealers are in collusion & add the Honda pro Protection pkg or value pkg to the vehicle and make you buy the vehicle at inflated price and you cannot even convince the dealer to do deal on vehicle of the truck without these pkgs.

I had a deal at $20195 ($19425+$770 DC)+$300 doc fee+TTL to buy the vehicle of the truck at bankston honda, lewisville, but both sales and finance manager wouldn't budge from adding the Honda pro Protection pkg bringing the vehicle to $23k which is such a waste of dollars. They will have 3-2012 SE coming by November 14-17th.

Hope you find a better deal than the one i had.
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    All negotiation are done over email, so not much trouble. I want OTD price in writing so there won't be surprises when visiting dealership.
  • vnicky14vnicky14 Member Posts: 3
    Hi!
    I live in Santa Clara County, CA. I just been to a dealer near my area today and offered them $25,500 for a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav. (Plus tax n everything it would be $28,000 OTD) But they seem to ask for 30,000 OTD. I said I will think about it and prob come back later. What do you guys think? What is a reasonable good price for a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav? OTD would be great.
    Thanks you in advance.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Hi!
    I live in Santa Clara County, CA. I just been to a dealer near my area today and offered them $25,500 for a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav. (Plus tax n everything it would be $28,000 OTD) But they seem to ask for 30,000 OTD. I said I will think about it and prob come back later. What do you guys think? What is a reasonable good price for a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav? OTD would be great.
    Thanks you in advance.

I think if you have found a Honda Accord with a V-4, you should grab it. It will be a collectors item.

I have an '83 Honda Magna with a V4 and 6 spd sequential manual. It goes 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds.

Did the openly say that this particular Accord had a V4? Or did you bring it up?

OTD price is only good for people in the same county as you. To the rest of us it means nothing. Tax rates vary from country to county, and in some places within the municipalities within the county.
    I actually heard one of our salespeople ask a customer..." Did you want a V4 or a V6?"

Customers would say V4 all of the time!
  • civic2kcivic2k Member Posts: 18
    My dad and I bought two Accords over the weekend, and as always my dad did way better:

Me (purchased in MA):
    2011 Accord EX coupe (5-speed manual), Belize Blue Pearl (hard to find!)
    $23.3k OTD w/0.9% for 60 month financing, not including cost to finance
    Dad (purchased in DFW):
    2012 Accord EX sedan (automatic), Gray
    $23.7k OTD w/1.9% for 60 month financing, not including cost to finance

We were having a difficult time with DFW dealers, all wanting to add RIDICULOUS addons for ridiculous prices. We dealt with a bait and switch with David McDavid of Plano (excruciating experience) and moved on to Irving, where things went much smoother.
    Congrats... thats a nice price for Dallas area...

i would have also got it at that price... but i have already purchased the car.
    edited November 2011
    Congtaulations, wish sedan looked like coupe!

It's McDavid of Frisco and I have never visited them and their offer of 2012 EXL I4 Automatic was offered for 23k by phone but I viewed it suspiciously hence I said double check.

Whereas Hargis' offer of 24.4k for EX-L @ Rusty Wallis (in Dallas/Garland, TX area) was by email for 24.4k plus add-ons plus 100k power train warranty (doubt its Honda warranty). If EX-L is at 24.4 than EX is 2200 less at invoice value and it should be around 22.2k at that dealership. If they want add-ons ask them for cost which is about $350 and 22,550 or change is doable in very slow market! Japan disaster has been unfavorable to consumers!

You may have gotten a good deal because Honda dealers dont have large inventory buildup right now and hence very little factory incentives. Once they approach 90+day old inv. and trouble accepting new allocation I would assume factory has to up their factory to dealer incentives plus dealers have holding cost. Auto Nation and Sonic mega auto groups dont discount as much because its run by bean counters who rather sell less cars but make more per car and I think mfg.'ers dont mess with their allocation.

I buy from Honda Cars of McKinney but they barely have more than 2 dozen 4 door Accords and most are LX and LX-Ps and few V6s. EX and EX-L I4 engines are the more in demand due to 190 HP engine and better value packaging. In May-June 2010 they had over 100 Accord Sedans and ready to sell EX for 22-22.5k with protection pacakage.

Best time to buy in DFW Jan. or Feb after snow and ice day.
  • vnicky14vnicky14 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I confirmed that it's a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav.
    The MSRP is like 30,525; and my price is 25,500 (not OTD) so what do guys think?? How much should I ask for that Honda?
    Thanks
    Yes, I confirmed that it's a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav.
    The MSRP is like 30,525; and my price is 25,500 (not OTD) so what do guys think?? How much should I ask for that Honda?
    Thanks

I don't know about the price, I have not shopped Accord recently, but I think you should buy the car, and then complain to the dealer that it is not a V4 and that they deceived you, and you will possibly get a free car.

If it is indeed a V4 then you are looking at a car that will auction on collectors market for at least 100X your quoted purchase price.

Honda has not made a V4 in at least 30 years. And if they put in a V4 by mistake in a car that is supposed to have in inline 4, you are one lucky dog. Because that would mean that they are bringing back the V4 and its awesome power, and you have one of a kind vehicle.

When you pick up the car, can you post a picture of the engine bay. I am just curious how different the new V4 looks from the one in the 1983 Honda Magna. She goes from 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds.

Have you test driven this Accord? Was it fast? Did it rev to higher red line than normal Inline 4 Accord? Mine has a 12,000 RPM redline
    For EX-L 4cylinder AT 4 door sedan the 25.5k is a great price based on how high all the EXs are going for. Make sure they dont add dealer add ons and excessive document fees. In Texas its about 175-200 but they will pad it.

As for V-4 somebody is misinforming you there are only 2 type of engines offered on 4 door sedans. I-4 is 177HP on LX-SE trim level and 190 HP on EX-EXL trim level. V6 is the only other engine. Visit Honda USA for correct information. Lot of folks call I4 "V4" assuming if 6 cylinder V6 than this is cylinder is "V4" but as the previous poster has explained it correctly it's I4 for inline 4 cylinder. BTW it is more reliable than Honda's V6 and uses timing chain and not timing belt!
    Maybe he's confusing that Accord with an old Simca?

Thjey did make V4 Simcas as I recall.
  • noenglish_23noenglish_23 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a new Honda accord coupe ex or ex-l, but I don't know about price. The dealer give me Ls price is 21,940, exclude tax. Totally around 23k, is someone can give me some ideas? I know my english not well :(
    I actually heard one of our salespeople ask a customer..." Did you want a V4 or a V6?"

Customers would say V4 all of the time!

I would chew up that salesman and have him for lunch.

My best negotiation tactic has been to play dumb and ask the sales guy to explain what that "VTEC thingie" is and how it works.

I have had a few sales people who knew their stuff, and the rest resorted to basically "there are hamsters in there and they spin the little hamster wheels...."

If I were a sales guy, and someone asked me about a V4 Accord, I would know right away that this person did not do his/her homework and I could sell them the brooklyn bridge as an add on to the car.

It is simple, know your stuff (do your homework) or you will pay. Works in both directions.

By the way, local dealer has a left over 2011 Accord EX V6. When I was picking up wife's car from the CR-V recall, I checked it out.

I am thinking $24,000 is a good price for a 1 year old vehicle with 10 miles on the odometer. Am I way off?
    I can't anwer your pricing question since I've been out of the business for over a year and a half.

I will say that that Accord isn't distressed merchandise. I used to get very low offers with the justification "That car is a year old"

Didn't matter. No store will lose money. They will just wait for the next shopper. I learned it's all about perception on the part of a buyer.
  • vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    $24k appears to be a good (but not amazing) price. See http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2232&modelId=1087&trimId=249- 742&upfrontPricing=Y . I see a price just under $24k available in the Cleveland area. There's currently a $1,500 factory-to-dealer rebate on all '11 V6 Accords. The dealer is likely passing that along in their $24k price quote. Since you now know about that rebate, you can see that the dealer is actually selling the car to you for $269 below invoice (before the $1,500 rebate is passed along to you).

Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't say 24k is the best you could get. E-mail some dealers and ask them for their best price on an '11 Accord EX V6 and see if your dealer will match. Good luck!
  • jamaltjamalt Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone recommend 3 dealerships in Massachusetts with a proven record of giving Honda buyers fair prices? I am also looking for a place that is free--or almost free--from hard selling!