Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dodsatyadodsatya Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2012
    I bought 2012 Honda Accord LX sedan :) for $18395 OTD including all fees. Price includes add-ons:wheel lock, splash gaurd.

Got 1.9 APR from Honda finance for 60months.

Dealer is - Landmark Honda, VA
  • rameshcmrameshcm Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

Could you please let me know the dealer info (name & contact info) who is giving for $18775 OTD including everything and also please let me know if they have any accessories like wheel locks are included in this price?
    Could you please send me the dealer info and the OTD price you got including everything.
    It's a gr8 price. I am planning to buy it shortly, could you please send me the dealer info.
  • dodsatyadodsatya Member Posts: 9
    Dealer is - Landmark Honda, VA.

Yes, OTD included accessories.

Please note that OTD price was $18395, not $18775.
  • jazzmannjazzmann Member Posts: 1
    I got about 19,300 out the door in late april from dch honda in gardena. You can look at my earlier posts for details. Pretty minimal haggling and 0.9% interest and first payment by honda. thought it was a pretty good deal including all taxes and licensing.
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2012
    Great deal, I asked them for a quote, the Internet sale manger wasn't that cooperative. I got myself a Camry though. My 01 accord got totaled.
  • elcheapo22elcheapo22 Member Posts: 3
    Hi ocbmw,
    I live in los angeles. May I ask where you got the Accord LXP quote of $20.4k OTD? Seems to me Accords in socal cost quite a bit more than in the east coast, therefore, I'll jump on the $20.4k OTD quote in a heart-beat! Thanks!!!
    ask for a quote from Spreen Honda. Reply their first email and ask for more discount, they will give you their best offer then. good luck
    I called Spreen Honda and, unfortunately, the best they can do on the LX-P is $20,112, before tax and license. which will mean the OTD price is closer to $22.2k. I emailed them back and even spoke to the internet manager, without success.

Thanks anyway!
    edited June 2012
    I am sorry to hear that.
    I emailed them through their website and got quote for LX(with auto) at 17.6+TTL and LXP at 18.5+TTL
    Try Airport Marina Honda, my second best offer was from them, LXP for 21.0K OTD..
    Somebody here in late April got LXP for a great price from Gardena, I couldn't get them to give me same deal.
    Hopefully you'll get a great deal.

Here is the email I got for LX:

-Spreen Honda Offical Price Quote-

The LOWEST Prices in California!

XX YY,

Thank you for your interest in buying your new vehicle with SPREEN HONDA!

We will NOT lose any deal over price.

2012 Honda Accord Sedan LX auto.

MSRP Price

$ 22,950.00

*Spreen Guaranteed Lowest Price!!!

$ 17,595.00*

(This price quote includes destination charges)
    Thanks for the additional information. May I ask when you received this quote from Spreen? Perhaps if it was a few months back, Honda may have offered better dealer rebates as compared to now?
    Last week. I actually got a call from them today. I already bought my car though. You may want to get a quote through their website.
  • dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
    I am in 7% tax area.
  • photogwestphotogwest Member Posts: 3
    Went to Shockley Honda in MD to look at the Honda Fit and a sales rep said they're offering $5000 off sticker price on all Accords. Is this for real? I kept asking him if their were strings attached or hidden costs or whatever and he said it's true. Wasn't particularly fond of the rep - very young and didn't seem to know answers to simple questions about the cars. But regardless of the shortcomings of the Accord (and the salesman), if I can get a $25,000 Accord Special Edition for $20,000, that's hard to beat? I've been looking mostly at smaller cars (i.e. Chevy Cruze, Jetta, Impreza, Elantra, etc.)
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Yes, some people are getting as much as 5k off Accords. Great Deal! You basically get an Accord for about the price of a comparable Civic. It's a very good car, and still competitive, but the all-new 2013 model is due in a few months, and so they are blowing them out the door.

Go for it!
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    After driving it last night and then doing research, I found a TON of a complaints about the lumbar support/comfort of the driver's seat. I didn't really notice anything in my short 10 minute test drive. Is there substance to these complaints? Is that perhaps why they're offering such a discount?
    I have a 2008 Accord EXL. Love the driver's seat. It has an *adjustable* lumbar control. In other words, you can power it on or off to whatever degree you want...

Don't know about the other levels of seat.
  • dhchdhch Member Posts: 7
    To photogwest,

Please share the dealer's name? Thanks.
  • veeren76veeren76 Member Posts: 4
    I had bought the Accord 2012 SE for 21,158 OTD for Texas based residency (tax rate 6.25%), car was bought in maryland. You are very close to that price.
    So has anyone else had issues with the 2012 driver's seat? Some reviews on Edmunds say their butts go numb and can't sit in the thing for more than 15 minutes without getting excruciating back pain...
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I have a 2005 Accord EX-L which is essentially the previous model of the Accord. I have driven the 2012 Accord while mine was being serviced. The driver's seat is uncomfortable when driving distances in both. I have a small cushion that I place at the base of the back to make it more comfortable. If you are looking for a car with a comfortable driver's seat, forget the Accord. I have 111,000 trouble-free miles on mine. It is the only negative for mine. It is the most reliable car I have owned out of many automobiles. I have the 4cyl manual transmission and it is a great driving vehicle.
  • dsmking1dsmking1 Member Posts: 16
    I have 2012 Accord and never noticed that problem. I also contacted Schockly for 5k off of Honda. They have that deal at least since Memorial day. That was still higher than others like Ourisman or Hersons. I ended up buying from Hersons Honda.
  • dhill5dhill5 Member Posts: 2
    Am in desperate need of some help.

I'm shopping for a V6 EX-L w Navi. Local dealer quoted
    $32,500 less 5k incentive plus add-ons of 1,250 w/tax of 2k (7%) and tags / doc fee of $525 totaling $31,500. Is this a good deal? Also offering 0.90% financing.

Does anyone have an recent experience in purchasing a V6 EX-L w Navi Accord Sedan?

Thanks
  • tomp7tomp7 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an EX-L accord sedan w navi but mine is a 4 cylinder. I added a lid spoiler and my total w tax (6%) and tags was $28,500. Since you are looking at a V6 it sounds like the prices are comparable. Mine came from Swope Honda in Louisville. I live 100 miles from there and did the whole negotiation by phone. Very easy to deal with. BTW the 4 cylinder has plenty of pick up for me, you might try it if you haven't.
  • vnicky14vnicky14 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L I4 with OTD Price = $26,153.67 incl Splash Guard & Wheel Locks. I live in North California (sale tax = 8.25%). The only downside of my purchase is that I have to pay APR = 6.99%. But because I just started my credit and this is my first car so I think that's a good rate already.
  • marie99marie99 Member Posts: 21
    I have issues with the 2012 LX driver's seat. For me, the angle of the bottom seat is too severe. I put a wedge on it to change the angle so you sit a little more level. The lumbar is pronounced so when I have my wedge in place, the lumbar is then too low and there is a strange curve in the upper back. It feels like you are forced to hunch over. I put foam that I custom cut to fit in the middle /upper portion of the back and bought a nice sheepskin seat cover to go over the entire seat, covering all my foam adjustments. It took me a month of trial and error to find a comfortable solution. I have chronic back issues and know a little about what position works best for me. I don't mind the firmness but I like a more neutral seat.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Smart move buying from Hersons and not Ourisman, very smart IMHO. Ourisman has far too many negatives all over the net!
  • kgjessing1kgjessing1 Member Posts: 1
    THAT IS A FANTASTIC PRICE!!!! ARE YOU SURE THAT IS OTD. COPY AND POST THE EMAIL PLEASE.
  • eastbay75eastbay75 Member Posts: 1
    When will the 2013 Accord hit the market?

I have never been driven an Accord before, how do you compare the Accord to Camry. Should I switch from Camry to Accord?

Please advise.
  • veeren76veeren76 Member Posts: 4
    You can contact Anderson Honda in Maryland, talk to someone from Internet dept, name of the sales guy is J***y , Note that prices can vary a bit based upon when the purchase is made and available incentives, i think your price is quite up there so you may consider your deal of 21,582 to be pretty good as well.
  • dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
    I finally purchased Accord SE on June 22, 2012 for $21,200 (inclusive of all taxes and fee) from Nalley Honda, Georgia. Price included splash card, trunk tray, wheel locks and full tank of gas. Overall very good experience. Young and enthusiastic sales person. Very jovial and talkative finance officer.

I request prices from all local dealers through email. Milton Martin Honda, Ed Voyles and Honda Carland were also close to this price. Their sales people were also very good and courteous.

My experience was not so positive with Carey Paul Honda and Gwinnett Place Honda. Carey Paul kept calling and writing emails, trying to get me to their dealership. They wont give me price till I go to their dealership and they understand my "situation and requirements". Gwinnett Place was also not willing to quote price via email. Both dealers kept trying to convince me that other dealers will cheat me :-)
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Yes.
  • camrykillercamrykiller Member Posts: 9
    Yeah...you should switch. I had a 2000 Camry for 3 years, and have driven the 2007, 2008, and 2009 version. The ride really hasn't changed. The driver is so out of touch with the road because the car is so smooth. Its a great car, don't get me wrong and is pretty much trouble free. The Accord just has a sportier feel to it and better handling. I got the 2012 Accord EX model, and would never have plunked that kind of coin down on a new Camry. I guess they are both even in reliability, but if you want something that is fun, go Accord.
  • briank84briank84 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    I think you guys really need to get on the ball with pricing, not just OTD, but it's like you guys don't even know what you're being charged for.

First, every car is different, so having it by the model would be nice, and listing the MSRP is also important as well.

Then you need to list the Invoice, and the Sales price. Does your sales price include freight or not. Any rebates (college grad, military, competitor, loyalty, etc).
    What dealer fee's you paid (documentation, prep fee, etc).

Those fee's are the most important. Other things make it very difficult for other members to know if you received a good deal. It's unrealistic for someone from New York, to expect to pay the same as someone from MD, as they pay less taxes in MD. Also, vice versa, someone from MD shouldn't think they are getting a good deal because someone from NY paid more.

The DMV title, Registration, Taxes, they all vary based on the city, state one is located.
  • irisg1irisg1 Member Posts: 17
    I believe the 2013 Accord is due to arrive at dealerships in late fall. You should expect to pay quite a bit more for it than current models though. That's just the way it is. That's the reason I went ahead and purchased a 2012 Accord SE.

As far as your Camry/Accord question. My best advise to you would be to make sure you test drive both. I previously drove a 2003 Toyota Camry, which I absolutely loved. My husband has it now and it still drives great. I always wanted a Honda Accord, so when I saw the great deals available, plus 0.9% interest rate, I went ahead and purchased one, without soo much as test driving the Camry. I immediately had second thoughts, simply because it is a completely different feel. The Camry is soo smooth, you barely feel it shift, whereas the Accord is louder and a little jerky. I've only had my Accord for about 3 weeks, and I am slowly getting used to it, but it wasn't love at first sight, unlike my previous Camry. It's a very nice car, but for my own peace of mind, I should have test drove the Camry so I could really make a good comparison. Reliability wise, I think they are both pretty equal, and I wasn't willing to pay $1K more for the Camry, plus a higher interest rate. As long as you test drive both, you should be in a position to make the best decision for you. Everyone is different, and the same things that turn me off about my Accord, are things others actually enjoy about it, so it's important to check them out for yourself.
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

Just finished negotiating the purchase of a 2012 Accord EXL sedan, 4 cyl., auto, w/o Nav from Apple Honda in York, PA. Deal broke down as follows:

MSRP: $28,455 [Includes $790 freight]
    Discount: $ 5,455 [Works out to about 19.2% off of MSRP]
    Adj. Sale Price:$23,000
    Accessories: $ 490 [body side molding;splash guards; all season floor mats]
    Tax $1409.40
    Fees $ 14.15
    Tag Fees $ 173.50
    OTD Price $25,087.05

Dealership is trying to make their sales targets for the month of June, so the deal has to be completed by 6/30.

Hope this helps.
  • carquote1carquote1 Member Posts: 25
    I live in NY and am pricing a 2012 Accord EXL Sedan 4 cyl., Auto w/o Nav. Can anyone advise if there is currently any flex cash or other incentives that may not be advertised and what my target price should be? Thanks
  • hx_guyhx_guy Member Posts: 41
    Im in the market to buy a 2012 Accord LX sedan w/ Auto transmission by the end I this month, I figure it's the best time to buy and get a good deal.

I found one at a locks dealer, MSRP is 22,900 and they sent me an Internet quote of 19,187.
    I actually thought that was a pretty decent initial quote but then saw people in here are getting them under 18,000? Though it does seem like east coast prices may be cheaper than here in AZ.

I'm going to email some other dealers and see what the best price I can get is.
  • wnydadwnydad Member Posts: 6
    Based on several dealers in Western New York this week, getting an LX Auto at around 19,000 is a pretty good deal; desperation may increase as the summer goes on, but they seem to be holding there. I was on an LX, but may bump to an SE is I can get it under 21,000.
    I have been looking for EX manual all over, and none of the dealers in the area seem to have it. I have even expanded the search to Erie and Syracuse. The 3 immediate ones, Don Davis, Lia, and West Herr all look at me like I am nuts asking for a loaded EX with a stick. They all seem to have LX's with stick.

But, who in their right mind wants to drive a Honda with an automatic?
  • irisg1irisg1 Member Posts: 17
    I am not sure if the quotes you guys are getting in NY is just the price of the car and not the OTD price, but I am in NJ, and I just purchased an Accord SE on May 30th, and I was able to get it for $19,000. The OTD price including, tax, title, everything was about $21,668. I had also considered the LX, and for that model, the quote from the same dealership was $17,500. The dealer I used was Paul Miller in West Caldwell, NJ. I did most of the negotiating via email, then negotiated a bit more in person.
  • wnydadwnydad Member Posts: 6
    I may go for the SE as well. OTD on that in Western New York is looking around 21.8 or so. I am still working price, so may get that better.

Able to get LX at about 19.8 with destination, taxes fees included.
    I have an exl manual. Honda manuals are sweet if you like to shift for yourself! Best manual I've ever had, and I've owned half a dozen over 30 years.

Hold out for what you want! Expand your search. Who cares if they think you're nuts, buy what you really want...
    I have an exl manual. Honda manuals are sweet if you like to shift for yourself! Best manual I've ever had, and I've owned half a dozen over 30 years.

Hold out for what you want! Expand your search. Who cares if they think you're nuts, buy what you really want...

Wow! How did you manage to get an EX-L with a manual? I thought the highest trim they offered with the manual was EX?

I have a 2005 CR-V EX with the manual that my dealer had to jump through hoops for and basically ordered it from Japan. (I am friends with the dealership owner's son, but I would have to drive 400 miles to get it from them, since I moved)

It is really sweet. My wife has a 2010 CR-V EX with slushbox, and even though on paper, the 2010 has 20 more horses than the 2005, and if you take into account the changes in the SAE metrics, the difference is more like 30 hp at the crank, the 2005 is SIGNIFICANTLY faster and livelier than the 2010, which is not a slouch to begin with.

Even 8 years later, I get a smile when I drive it after a prolonged break riding the bike (Honda too) in the summer.
  • meteor711meteor711 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for buying a 2012 accord LX in FL.

The lowest OTD price I saw in this forum was around 18500 in VA. Mostly are around 19300-19800.

I really hope that I could get OTD around 19500 OTD in FL, but the price I got so far are around OTD at 20200-20900. Is this price (19500) possible in FL? what's the good price for accord LX for now? Thank you so much!!
    Just purchased a 2012 Accord LX Auto.

$22950 MSRP
    $399 Tint

$19141 negotiated sales price

$1741 tax
    $409 doc fee
    $392 TTL

$21683 OTD

Got 0.9% APR for 60 months, $0 down payment is $369/month.

Tried to get other local dealers to beat the price and they couldn't even come close so we feel pretty good about this one.
    BTW, watch out for something like this...

They did try to get sneaky but it was partly my fault. Over email, they gave me the out the door price of $21,683 and I replied back with "Just to make sure, $21,683 and based on the promotional rate of 1.9% APR (per Honda's website), the payment should be $379". We got there, they quickly skimmed over the contract and the payment was indeed $379, but they skipped over the Out the Door price and all those details. So I asked, what's the OTD...and he says $22,283 and I'm like wait a second...why's that? He goes to the old "Well the payment is $379 like you wanted". Yea, they qualified for a lower APR than I based my calculation on so they just added the difference to the price of the car. Sneaky sneaky. Caught them on it, they tore the contract in half and redid it.
  • meteor711meteor711 Member Posts: 3
    $21683 OTD? Which state did you buy the car?
    Why does the tax so expensive? I thought that tax is based on the sales price rather than the MSRP.

I hope to get 19500 OTD for 2012 Accord LX (without any add-ons)
    I will also hope that I pay cash can get some discounts.

Anyway, enjoy your new car! :)
    edited June 2012
    The sales tax is based off the sales price, but sales tax here is 9.1%.

I'm in Arizona BTW.