Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    It's a 2008 EXL navi manual. Had to special order it to get it. They made that impossible starting in 2010. Even Honda is slowly phasing out manuals....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • whirligigwhirligig Member Posts: 1
    I feel pretty angry with Coggin Honda. I sent an internet quote via their website, and the salesman called me. I told him directly that I was ready to buy the 2012 Honda Accord and I am just looking for the best deal I can get right now. I know that the 2013 models are on the way and they are fully redesigned, and if the 2012 accord price is not that good, then I would like to wait. (I know many people are in the same situation as me). If their offer is good, I would go there immediately. So the salesman told me that he will send me the OTD price.

Then this is what I got:
    OTD $ 24,972.75 for Honda Accord 2012 LX standard without any add-ons.

Are you kidding me?! I was so straightforward with you and you give me this quote? He told me that they can’t give me the best offer on the phone or email because they worry that I will use their price to go to another dealer. But they are the one who kept asking me where I got my information, and what prices other dealers have offered me!

This is what the internet salesman’s email said:
    My job is to make sure I find the right vehicle for you that fits your budget, and with our 110% Price Protection Guarantee we will make sure you get the best price.
    And OTD $ 24,972.75 is the best price for a 2012 Honda Accord LX on 6/30/2012!! Really!?!

I don’t know if the problem is because I am an international student and my English is not that good or because I am a women that he treated me like I am an idiot, but anyway, I feel terrible and I want to share my terrible experience to all the people on this forum. Be careful of this Honda dealer even if their reviews seem good!

These dealers say they will beat any price from another dealership, but they never quote a reasonable price themselves. They just don’t want to make any offer.

Here is the detail of the quote:
    MSRP$ 23,110.00
    Their offer $ 20,886.61

DEALER INSTALLED EQUIPMENT
    Genuine Honda Protection Package (Mud Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray) $ 799.00
    Tint (With Lifetime Guarantee) $ 299.00
    Pin Stripe $ 199.00
    Nitrogen Filled Tires w/ Lifetime Refill of Tires and 120 Days of Road Side Assistance $ 59.95
    PRICE INCLUDING ACCESSORIES: $ 22,243.56

DEALER FEE $ 599.00
    AMOUNT TAXABLE ON VEHICLE: $ 22,842.56
    SALES TAX- STATE &COUNTY 7.5%: $ 1,713.19
    ESTIMATE-COST OF LICENSE PLATE AND/OR
    TRANSFER OF PLATE MAY VARY $ 360.00

PRIVATE TAG AGENCY FEES $ 55
    WARRANTY ENFORCEMENT ACT FEE $ 2.00
    TOTAL PRICE $ 24,972.75
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Are you anywhere near Nashville? Crest Honda there is offering an Accord LX for c. 19k plus taxes and frees:

http://www.cresthonda.com/index.htm
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    At that price you can get a top of the line EX model. As one says, a fool and his money are soon parted. I can get you an LX for under $20,000 out the door. Let me know and I'll help you out.
  • vistorvistor Member Posts: 3
    State: CT
    Model: 2012 Accord SE
    Ext Color: Silver
    Int Color: Black
    Sticker (including destination): $24,780

Finance Rate: 0.9% over 60 months

Price Paid: $19,391
    Doc Fee: $ 399
    Sales Tax: $ 1,161.42
    License/Title: $ 111
    OTD: $21,062.42
  • dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
    What were add-ons? Were mats, wheel locks and trunk tray included in this price?
  • jimbo222jimbo222 Member Posts: 7
    I just picked up an SE with splash guards and nothing else for OTD price of 22218 in IL. That works out to 20500 + 161 doc + 1363 tax + 194 plates/reg. I was surprised to see that the only fluff fee was the 161 doc- which everyone charges as the state says that is the max that can be charged.
  • vistorvistor Member Posts: 3
    No add-ons. Just the stock SE. It did come with mats and wheel locks. The mats show on the sticker. I don't see the wheel locks on the sticker but they are on the car. No trunk tray.

I did notice when I was looking at the sticker on my desk I misstated MSRP with destination as $24780 when it should be $24820. Not that anyone cares about the $40 MSRP difference. All my other numbers in the post were accurate.

I think I did well although I wouldn't be surprised if people manage to do even better since it seems like Honda is being very aggressive pushing out the Accords. Although, the first couple dealerships I contacted didn't give me a price that reflected the incentives they are obviously getting. The third one came in with this price on an internet quote and I was happy with it. Went in and there were no surprises so walked out with the new car.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited July 2012
    " Who in their right mind wants to drive a Honda with an automatic""

Only about 95 % of Accord buyers and hose are usually the people who just don't wat to pay more for the automatic.

Sales contunue to decline every year. EXL's ceased production a couple of years ago.

A lot of the smaller stores won't order any LX's with sticks because they are such poor sellers. As used cars they are even worse.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    edited July 2012
    It's a 2008 EXL navi manual. Had to special order it to get it. They made that impossible starting in 2010. Even Honda is slowly phasing out manuals....

Man, you are lucky you were able to do that before Honda closed that loophole.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    " Who in their right mind wants to drive a Honda with an automatic"

Only about 95 % of Accord buyers and hose are usually the people who just don't wat to pay more for the automatic.

Sales contunue to decline every year. EXL's ceased production a couple of years ago.

A lot of the smaller stores won't order any LX's with sticks because they are such poor sellers. As used cars they are even worse.

I stand corrected, 95% of the people buying these cars are not in their right mind. They are just drones.

Accord may not be a race car, but it is also no a Camry. It has a lively chassis, and sweet engine, and when equipped with a manual transmission is truly a pleasure to drive. Even the lowly LX, with lower horsepower, is a fun to drive sedan. The gears are buttery smooth, and clutch is feathery light.

You just can't get the same driving dynamics from a car that has to "think" before it executes your command, i.e. up or down shift to get the needed power, and achieve momentary weight distribution desireable for the maneuver.

It is pretty sad that with all these people on the road, only 3-5% are really drivers, the rest would have made better bus passengers, since they have the same level of involvment, or in many cases even less than someone sitting on the bus.
  • lindtlindt Member Posts: 2
    Hi Iris, I contacted Paul Miler and they don't have the vehichle that I wanted. I plan to ask them to get one for me but will they gurantee the price for not in stock cars? THx.
  • 87preludesi87preludesi Member Posts: 2
    I would like to know where I can get a LX 4dr Automatic for under $20,000 out the door.
  • 51anchor51anchor Member Posts: 3
    What state are you?
  • irisg1irisg1 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I'm sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

When I purchased from Paul Miller, they didn't have the color I wanted either. They swapped with another dealer with no problem, at no cost to me. My only word of caution to use is just be aware that the vehicle will have some milleage on it, since they drive the vehicle in. Mine happened to have 150, because they had to get it from a dealership in Long Island. As long as you're ok with that, you should be fine. Some dealers will actually charge you to get the vehicle you want. I would insist they get the vehicle I want at no extra charge. After all, they know they are competing with other dealers, and they want your business. Good luck :)
  • lindtlindt Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply. Before they swapping with other dealer, did they ask you to put down a deposit? How did the whole thing work? You negotiated a price, then ask them to get the car then just pick up the car? I kinda don't feel comfortable to put down a deposit but also feel kinda reasonable from dealer's point of view. Thanks!
  • 87preludesi87preludesi Member Posts: 2
    Florida (Central)
  • hondadriver385hondadriver385 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in North Jersey and I negotiated an OTD price of $19,650 for Honda Accord LX automatic. I'm trying to decide if I should wait two more months when the 2013 model comes out or I should just buy it for this price. Here is the breakdown: $17,838 Car price with destination + $1249 7% Taxes + Registration $299 + Documentation $249 + $7.50 NJ tire Tax + Online registration fee $7.70 (dont know what that means)

what do you guys think. Oh and this has no additional accessories or add ons.
  • muzrinmuzrin Member Posts: 8
    Hi Hondadriver385, What dealership is this ?
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    I know I can definitely do it in Oklahoma City. But I really recommend the LX-P for about $1,000 more. You get a lot more features--power seat, security system, alloy wheels, etc. If you're willing to come over here, I'll be more than happy to help you out. I love shopping for cars, and I will definitely help you for free.
  • muzrinmuzrin Member Posts: 8
    Thank you Ziyulu for the offer. I am in North Jersey and hence was curious about Hondadriver. Thanks for the suggestion on LX-P , will check that.
  • 51anchor51anchor Member Posts: 3
    Hi dear,
    I'm sorry, I didn't read all email, I though you in CA
  • irisg1irisg1 Member Posts: 17
    More than likely any dealership you go to will ask for a deposit before they will locate a vehicle for you. In my case, I only put down $300., and only after they checked to make sure other dealerships had the vehicle I was looking for. Once they told me they would be able to locate one, I negotiated the final price, gave my deposit, and waited for them to call me when they made the swap. The whole process went smoothly. You can also have them put a note in the contract of sale, that your deal is for a specific car. That way you would get your deposit back, if by some chance they are unable to locate the vehicle of your choice.
  • omega15omega15 Member Posts: 1
    Bought at Northern Virginia dealer, OTD at 19700.
  • rowdirangadurowdirangadu Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all,
    Got my new 2012 Honda Accord SE for 21500 OTD in VA state with 0.9% for 60 months
  • hondaninja1hondaninja1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get the deal from hondadriver, hope he can post some info on it since I am hunting for a Honda accord 2012 lx myself. I am in NYC, must dealers do not want to go down under 18,500... I am shooting for something bellow 18k. Any recommendations. Thanks inn advance.
  • rich_krich_k Member Posts: 1
    Got my new 2012 Accord EX for $20645 + paperwork + WI tax from Schlossman's Honda City in Milwaukee WI...
  • davidc12davidc12 Member Posts: 3
    Paid $23,589.64 plus taxes/dealer fee/tag/title at Hennessey Honda of Woodstock, Ga
  • marie99marie99 Member Posts: 21
    You might want to check out websites and email Planet Honda - New Jersey and Hamilton Honda - New Jersey for prices. I know that New Yorkers do come down to NJ for better deals. You should be able to get below $18,000 for an LX. I don't know what the OTD price would be.
  • dpnjdpnj Member Posts: 1
    The Honda site mentions 0.9% APR for 36 months and 1.9% for 60. Did you have to specifically ask for the extended 60 month 0.9% term?

Congrats on your new ride.
  • davidc12davidc12 Member Posts: 3
    the .9% for 60 months expired on the 9th. The new program has .9% for 36 months or 1.9% for 60.
  • accordbuyer12accordbuyer12 Member Posts: 3
    For how much OTD you got Accord LX from Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell, NJ?

Looking for best price for Accord LX in Northern NJ area.
  • njaccord_2012njaccord_2012 Member Posts: 1
    Reposted with changes.

I just bought an Accord LX (auto) from Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell, NJ. They were very aggressive with pricing and exceeded my expectation on pricing and customer handling so far. I checked this forum before going to the dealership and were happy with price. I have only driven Toyota in my life so far and do not regret going to Honda this time. Let's see if the Accord can meet the expectation in long run.
    @njaccord_2012 - For how much OTD you got Accord LX from Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell, NJ?

Looking for best price for Accord LX in Northern NJ area.
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    I am thinking about buying a new accord se, but there is no dealer cash for the SE and only 250 for other models until 9/4. Guess I might as well wait until the '13 comes out. Car shopping stinks here in south jersey
  • jefrjefr Member Posts: 2
    I received an very aggressive quote from Sussman Honda in Willow Grove. $23,500 including destination for the EXL.
    Their on-line sales folks were very attentive and easy to deal with.
    I was leaning towards the VW Passat but just can’t walk away from this offer. I am waiting to see if my local dealer will match.
  • samsapde1977samsapde1977 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone
    I am in the market for a 2012 Honda Accord LX auto. Per CR the price to start negotiating is $20,300. Here is what I saw at a couple of dealerships in town
    1>Lute Riley Honda, Richardson $21000 no haggle fixed price - includes $700 worth accessories.
    Cargo Tray $149 Splash Guard $155 Tint $165 Door Guard $145 Wheel Locks $75
    2>Bankston Honda, Lewisville $19767 drive out. Accessories do not include cargo tray & mud guard.
    3>McKinney Honda $20986 drive out offer on emai. Went there and spoke he came to me with drive out of $21880 i.e. MSRP +$3K odd in accessories - 6K
    Stripe $495 Mud Guard $495 Tint $495 Trunk Tray $395 Nitrogen Upgrade $195 Door Guard $295 Fener Wheel Trim $295 Body Side Molding $495Cargo Hook $295 ( Can you believe these prices?)
    4> Rust Wallis Honda$20996 with 3 accessories cargo tray, mud guard, door guard
    5> JIm McNatt - They gave me a super low quote of $18497 +TTL. They wanted me to come out to the dealership since they are running unadvertised special discounts this weekend.
    In any case I see these advantages a) its still middle of the month b) 2013 model is due in a couple of months c) financing is already arranged d) I now have about 5 dealer contacts whom I have met and can work with face to face. Worst case I end up paying $21K.

My plan is to wait till end of the month and then start working these guys one by one to see who can meet my price. Any comments/suggestions?
  • meteor711meteor711 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a 2012 Accord LX in Florida. I received some quotes but they were around 1500~2500 higher than any of the quotes I’ve seen other people receive on this forum. I was wondering if anyone knows any dealers or salesman in Georgia or Florida that might be a little more flexible. (I am also open to an EX model if it would be a better value for the money)

Thanks in advance!
    Does that price include all the fees? I know sometime they offer you a great price but rape you with all the liscense and doc and dealer "made up" fees. At that price I may reconsider an SE for an EX-L
    w@hondadriver385 - Could you please tell us from which dealer in North Jersey you got this price?
  • kewhcskewhcs Member Posts: 4
    I'm encountering a similar situation over here on the other side of DFW, in the Tarrant County area. I received a few quotes on an Accord EX Sedan that were initially quite low but then the final sales price increased as the additional add-on's - at inflated prices - were added to the base price.

Lowest quote I've found so far for an EX was about ~ 23.5 K OTD. This OTD included delivery, taxes, and document fees.

One thing I've noticed is that the supply of 2012 Accords on dealer lots are beginning to dwindle.
    I also got a quote from sussman honda on a 2012 ex-l @23,489 but they would not give me an OTD price, plus with the quote they sent other used car deals, seems strange they would offer a USED 2010 EX-L for 23,883, 500 more than brand new. if it seems too good to be true..........
  • jefrjefr Member Posts: 2
    Best I could do prior to this quote was $24,000 including destination but without license and doc. fees. I feel this price is very fair. I was not financing. However, I was offered the 0.9% rate in case I wanted to finance.

$23,489(including destination)
    $399 for remote starter
    $156 for extra keys (2)
    $24,044
    $1,442.64 tax
    $182.95 Registration, title, transfer
    $25,670.59

I was offered the EX at $21,255(includes destination).
    I did even more checking , here in south jersey at turnersville honda I got a price of 23836 with an otd price of 26707, but it included a honda protection package that I did not ask for. The best internet price I got so far is at Piazza honda in phila at 23037 . I'm trying to get them to E mail the extra charges, I refuse to give them my phone number for obvious reasons
  • wendy678wendy678 Member Posts: 1
    Lowest quote I got by email so far:
    Dearer 1: NJ, $24,030.00 MSRP
    $ 790.00 Destination
    $24,820.00 Total Window Sticker
    $19,142.04 Your Special Internet Price
    $ 790.00 Destination
    $19,932.04 Taxable Amount
    $ 1,619.47 8.125% Dutchess County, NY State Sales Tax
    $ 250.00 Estimated NY Motor Vehicle Registration Fee
    $ 299.00 Dealer Document Fee
    $22,100.51 Grand Total

Dealer 2: Selling price: $20,733.00
    Out the door: $22,702.56 including all taxes & fees.
    They can not match the first dealer.

Are these good price for a SE? Should I wait longer?
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    I would contact dealerships in the DC area, Criswell, Orismann. Go throught the internet route if you are looking for an SE. You'll save on the document fee's and get an all around better deal. They'll pay the taxes for you, all you have to do is show up, drive the car and make sure you like it, sign a few documents and leave. You should be able to buy an SE for !9,500 including destination and doc fee's. Good luck! It is a great car, my SE is awesome. Now getting about 38 MPG on the highway.
    Your 1st quote is pretty good, lowest here with dest is 20053. The SE is one of the only accords where there is currently no dealer cash, 250 for most other models. The 299 doc fee sounds high, i got a 99 doc fee quoted. I hear the accord is bieng redsigned for 2013 so I think they are really pushing the 2012. These low prices seem good but with these discounts I don't think inventory will last so try and find the color/interior you like and go for it
  • aldossaryaldossary Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my new Honda Accord SE 2012 white color. Out of the door price was 20500 (that includes everything, i just wrote the check with 20500). They threw splash guards, trunk tray, wheel locks and a tank full of gas. I think I got a pretty good deal.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    That is a home run price - did it include tax? If you could post all the charges so folks can see that would be great. Car Price, Doc Fee's, registration fee's, taxes and final OTD price that will help folks tremendously. When I see the car buying public getting ripped off - Like True Car.com who stopped being consumer friendly, having real world data to learn from is a beautiful thing.

Please enjoy your new SE!
  • veeren76veeren76 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    This is new best price by far... mine was around 21,158 OTD (Nov 1st 2011) which included Texas TAX and it did not include all the sundry items, So in effect you bested the price by around 950-1000 USD.

I'm very happy for you, that price is awesome and enjoy the car...