Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Ceejay, sorry I mis spoke from the last reply to you. The price quote was for a 2013 Accord EXL V6 W/NAV not a 2013 Accord EXL V6. The best quote I have received so far is $30,030.00 to include destination fee. This was from one dealer in the DC and Hampton roads area. That is why I questioned your internet qoute for the EXL V6. Ithout your quote included a NAV unit in the car.
  • Was quoted 26888 OTD for an EX, is this good? Sales also told me they installed a protection package on the car already which worth about 999. He said all Honda dealers pre install this on all new cars. This was at Southbay Honda in Milpitas, CA. Please advise.
  • juanvaldezjuanvaldez Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    Am looking to lease 13 Accord in Chicago. What does Residual Value of .00155 mean?

Does a 4 or a 6 have better residual value?

Want to lease for 24 or 36 months, and can put down downpayment.

What else do I need to understand to make a decision?

Thx for any input.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 4,901
    Juan, let me try and help you understand leasing. Same rule applies with buying or leasing. Always work your lowest price for said vehicle. Your money factor, and residual value is what the car is worth for that time frame of 3 or 4 years , and what the value of said vehicle will be after lease period. Go to Edmunds leasing forum for Accord and ask the Car-man for the numbers on your make, model, lease period , and mileage you want. This is the formula for leasing. I dont like to lease but thses rules set the price. Once you have your leasing numbers make sure the dealership you buy works those same numbers for your monthly price......

2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2012 MB ML350

• low end models (LX, Sport) will have much better residuals than the 6. Reason is because the V6's do not sell nearly as much
  • Good luck with getting "below" invoice. They are not even letting employees buy the new Accords for under invoice. And Camry's alleged "unstoppable" sales are tanking. I stopped by the Toyota dealership in my town and their sales manager was griping about how ever since the 13 Accords were announced their typical Camry sales numbers have dropped to less than 50% of usual sales volumes, and that Toyota Motors had to institute several thousands of dollars in cash incentives to "whore them out".

If you understand anything about how cars are sold you would know that not a single dealership anywhere will sell a newly re-designed vehicle for UNDER invoice without factory incentives or without bending you over backwards in the back end.

You can wait your 3 months, and then you will continue to wait because as the 2012 CR-V's are any indication, they just NOW started discounting them anywhere close to invoice almost a full year after it was released.

Please, save yourself the embarrassment, go to Truecar.com, go see the pricing of what they are selling for in your market, then slap yourself for even thinking you can get $500 under invoice, including destination. BTW, the three Honda Dealerships within 10 miles of my house have no problems selling them at MSRP...or $500 off sticker...you might want to wait until the 2014's come out to receive a significant discount.

Happy hunting
  • I am in the Dallas area. I am seeing (in autotrader) Huggins Honda advertising $19715 for 2013 Accord LX CVT and David McDavid of Frisco advertising $19999 for the same. So looks like they are below invoice.
  • And David McDavid of Frisco just lowered their price to $19599.
  • Going lease shopping this weekend for a 13'exlv6....quick question..is the money factor (now.00155) and residual value (now 58%) negotiable?

I am guessing that the residual value is not..but the money factor which is 3.72% (.00155x2400), is high, I have excellent credit, so can I try to negotiate the MF number, or am I wasting my time? I know, negotiate the best price for the car..then go from there, but do dealers use other leasing companies, for better rates or just Honda Financing? Any help will be appreciated.
  • I got a quote on the 2013 Accord EX-L and I was curious if this was a good deal. Keep in mind that I live in an area where there is no competition and these cars are flying off the lot!
    Car Price includes dest fee: $26,985.
    Doc Fee $85
    Sales Tax of $1554
    Total OTD Price of $28,624
  • You are simply wrong alvlee, Look back at my posts. Three weeks Ago I purchased 2013 EXL V6 without Nav for 27999.00 before TTL. I described exactly how I did it. Several other forum participants also used my advice and got under invoice already in redesign cycle. I achieved 300 under invoice. Read my posts. Go To Weymouth honda's website and travel to boston to pick it up. I was willing to do it until dealership in poconos nearly matched Weymouth's price. To anyone, go to Weymouth's website, register, and you will already have their internet price. They are great. Read my past posts. I know there will be more fellow forum people who will be thanking me. Good hunting. Invoice is completly doable at this time.
  • fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    edited November 2012
    Looks like you should be the one smacking yourself for thinking the Accord will not go below invoice within months of its debut. Did you even read through this prices paid thread before commenting??? Several people have paid invoice (including the person i replied to that generated your post) or even below and the vehicle has only been out for 2 months. This is no S2000 or MR2. This is Honda's mass produced bread and butter Accord! Its a segment where you price it right and move massive units or get out of the way for the next manufacturer to rule this class. The Camry still rules the sales crown and Honda is not challenging for that coveted crown by sticking to MSRP. As somebody else already mentioned, dealers like Weymouth are already advertizing $500 over invoice on several models. Please do a little reading (and thinking) before commenting in future.
  • I respectfully do not agree with your post. Less than 3 weeks ago I purchased an Accord 2013 EX-L V6 no navi (MSRP sticker $30,860). Price I paid was $27,794, plus $55 for wheel locks, $399 Processing fee plus VA sales tax and tags. Total out the door price was $29,101. There was no trade in, this was strictly a new car purchase. Based on my experience I can assure you that following the methodology described by carcam123 does work.
  • km19km19 Posts: 2
    I am getting Out of Door quotes of $25350 , car price being $22999 , Is it a good deal ?
    Also the dealer is asking almost $250 for splash guards and wheel locks , are they really needed ?
  • okaniokani Posts: 20
    he was talking about below invoice price, not MSRP.
    Factory invoice is $27502 + destination Fee 790=28292, to me any price below $28292 is a good price, not sure what people mean when they say under invoice: factory invoice or factory invoice + destination fee.
    I paid for my first accord in 2008 factory invoice + $100, currently the deals I'm getting include destination fee, which is $790 more :(
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    MF is set by the leasing company based on your credit score. While you can negotiate financing rates with the dealer, I've never heard of anyone who has negotiated the MF.
    I have seen some advertised lease rates for the Accord that are definitely third party leasing companies. The Honda Financial bank fee is $595 so if you see a different amount in the ad, you know it's not Honda - but stay away, they will get you at the end. I just turned in a Camry leased from Toyota Financial with eight scratches and dents, including a big gash on the bumper. The damage came to $1,200 on the pre-inspection report but I wasn't charged a penny. Toyota wants you to lease another car in the future. I've leased from Saab (twice), Volkswagen, Subaru and Mazda. Only one charged me a small amount for damage and it was $1,000 less than the collision shop quoted me. The only car I leased thru a third party was an Audi thru Hann Financial. I had one little scratch and a little ding, and they hit me with a bill over $1,000 (it was in the early days of leasing before pre-inspections). Pay the extra few bucks a month to Honda Financial.
  • Does the $25,350 include Taxes and destination fee. If it does, then the price is fair. I'd say $250 is about right with the wheel locks. You can go to the Honda estore and price the items. The estore gives U the MSRP for the accessory and then lists below that price with installation. The dealer can't do it for free so if the difference is reasonable It's a fair price. You can find the Honda estore on their website or just google it.
  • yangyxyangyx Posts: 20
    Hi Brian, thanks for sharing! VIP quoted me yesterday 19880 for the 2013 Accord LX, that's the same as most quote I get for 2013 Altima base. I haven't tried to go further since I'm not sure whether the price will go down further in a week or two or so. May I ask for suggestions on this quote? Should I take it or what?
  • juanvaldezjuanvaldez Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    13 Accord Sedan w/Nav 4 Cyl MSRP + Destination Fee = $30,785. The best buy price I got so far is $27,973.

The best 36 Mo lease price with no down payment so far is $470.

Any idea how much lower I can get in the Chicago/Cook Co market?
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    I believe the residual is 57%. What MF are they quoting you? Even if you put the bank fee, doc fee, taxes and license fees into the lease, essentially a sign and drive, it should be under $470.