Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    What Brian means, in his example, is that you should ask that the capitalized cost of the vehicle be $700 under invoice. Your lease rate is based on the money factor (ask to see it in writing), residual value of the specific model, MSRP and capitalized cost (the amount that the leasing company will be paying the dealer). It is you who negotiates the capitalized cost, not the leasing company. I suggest you read up on leasing, the formula for determining the monthly lease amount and investing a few bucks in a business calculator where you can program the formula for a lease so you can calculate amounts at the dealership. I have mine programmed so all I need to do is enter any of the three variables and it will give me the missing one.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I'm assuming prior post new formula on leasing thats why i gave him just price he should shoot for. Adding to Gee's above posting. A 2013 Accord Lx Nov, rates are 36 month lease with m/f .00155 and 61% on residual, 15k on mileage.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Great tutorial. $1000 gives me an idea on what I should be expecting by January. I hope you can come up with some estimation on where we should place our initial offer, since most of us do not know whether or not there will be a hidden incentive on the car.

Thank you.
  • bdsilvabdsilva Member Posts: 5
    I live in NJ. Kay Honda is offering me an OTD price of $26K for 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT. The vehicle has a dealer installed sunroof. Also, I asked them to put a sunroof visor and mud guards. On top of that, I was able to get 5 free oil changes. I hope I made a good deal on this vehicle. Comments welcome. Thanks.
  • bluj26wbluj26w Member Posts: 1
    I was recently at a honda dealers and was offered a 2013 accord coupe EX-L V6 without Nav, black exterior with a black/Ivory interior, for $31,000. This was including taxes and add-ons, has anyone found a better deal for a similiar model?
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    Thank you for the reply and information. i was able to get the ACCORD SPORT CVT at 21695 destination included + tax+reg fees,. there were no hidden fees, interest rate offered was 4.9 but finance lowered it to 2.84%.

Rock Honda in FONTANA Calif Rocks ---very polite staff, you can even talk to the desk manager.

The finance manager was trying to sell the theft protection for 700 and extended warranty for 1700.00. I politely refused and told him i don't believe in warranty, but because he doesn't pressure the sell, i told him that i will get it if the interest is lower and payments will remain the same. I was trying to open a window of opportunity for me and for him. After about 30 minutes of deliberation, he showed me his screen and lowered the interest to 2.84% but added the extended warranty 6 years 100k miles. Payment that i agreed before finance is 312.00 after 7500.00 down payment for 60 months @4.9%, I ended up paying 313.07 after finance. 11/26 was my lucky night, got the extended warranty and the theft protection for about $1 per month.

My credit score is not perfect, 680 mid fico but no lates on anything ever. I am not aware of any special rates for the 2013 ACCORD. Total interest that i will pay is approximately 1200 for 60 months.

Well, after my frustration from Riverside Honda who doesn't honor their internet quotes, i was able to get a better deal at Rock Honda in Fontana.

If you are here in SoCal, try to get internet quote from Rock Honda, their price are lower than most dealership in Orange County. Do not go to Riverside Honda, they have add on fees and will try to forcefully sell you add on for 1995.00 or more. Beware of Riverside Honda, because they do not honor their internet quote.
  • arghscararghscar Member Posts: 3
    That's a great deal! What was your total OTD price? I'm in SoCal as well and the best price I've received is $100 under invoice.
    Kay Honda

If you breakdown your pricing on the CVT from kay we can comment.

Vehicle price before OTD prices
    Options and there prices paid
    Doc fee's and any other OTD prices

Every states tax rate is different and Dealers charge different Doc fee's. Thats why when people in this forum write a post like your above mentioned it does not get answered...........

• rofarrilrofarril Member Posts: 9
    Got the following quote in Chicago for a Coupe EX CVT:

2013 Honda Accord Coupe 2dr I4 Auto Ex
    $26,665.00 MSRP

$23,748.11 Internet Price (includes destination)
    $25.00 CVR
    $161.39 Doc Fee
    $1495.91 6.25% Sales Tax
    $194.00 New Plates and Title
    $25,624.41 OTD

How does it look to the resident experts?
    hi brian..here you go..

Sale Price 21,335
    Destination 790
    Tax 7% 23,673.75
    Registration 399.99
    Doc Fee 299.99
    Licensing 50
    DMV 7.5
    Sunroof 1,399
    Mudguards 100
    Visor 70
    5 Free Oil Change Complimentary

Total: 26,000.23
    edited November 2012
    Bdsilva,

You got a great deal. Post name of dealership where you purchased so others in this forum can see if you haven't already... Your original price of $ 21,335 is $ 800 below Dealers Invoice. Probably best price so far in this forum.. Where they made there money back from you was on Doc fee's, Registration, Mud Guards, and Sunroof you paid full price on. Next time you buy you always let dealership know all add on's you want at Dealer Invoice price,,, and if not that is a deal breaker. Doc fee's are also negotiable if you cant get them removed tell Dealer you will split the cost in half with them or its a Deal breaker.. Nice job on the oil changes...
    Good luck enjoy your car .............. Brian

• rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    Got it for 23700 otd.... Go to Edmunds and get multiple Internet offers. Remember to avoid riverside Honda, they do not honor their Internet quote. You will waste your time going there. Try to get 2.9% rate. You can push them to give it to you. Good luck bro
    Honda installed Dealer Sunroof.

Can't find actually price from Honda or any web sites. My buddy tells me that Honda's Cost for Dealer installed Sun/ Moon roof is $395. I though i seen something like Dealer cost of $600... Does anyone have web site or facts on this. Replacement glass on a sun roof is about $200 please post..........

• juanvaldezjuanvaldez Member Posts: 4
    Just leased tonight at Carr's Honda in Chicago. Very straight forward $440 a month. The down was $795 which included first payment $440, new plates instead of transfer fees, and document fees. And they bought out the last three payments on my leased 10 Accord saving me $708.

I got to Carr's by accident after trying 7 other Honda dealers in the Chicago area. Best prices started at $498 per month and I payoff my lease. Then several got to $480 and they'd consider paying some of the payoff. No one came close to Carr's first and only offer. The others all said the $440 was impossible but bring them the paperwork and they'd match but they told me I'd never get actual paperwork at $440.

When I finally said I had the paperwork all of a sudden their best no meat on the bone price dropped the $40 a month and they said the buy out the lease also. I passed and stayed with Carr's who sAved me $2,148 on the lease. Write the Internet Sales Manager if you want a great deal in the Chicago area.
  • mikerichmondvamikerichmondva Member Posts: 4
    Buying from Honda dealer in Colonial Heights, VA. Picking up the car tonight, so I don't know how much the taxes are (3% in VA I think), or the Tags & Title, but I do know this much. I'll post an update after I get the car. Its Modern Steel Metalic w/ Gray interior.

$25,799 with Destination Fee (no added options, no Doc Fee)
    $379 Dealer Processing Fee (very standard in VA)
  • tdbotdbo Member Posts: 1
    Looking at purchasing a leftover 2012 LX-P. What are people currently seeing for pricing on this model and what should be the target price? Currently have one internet quote at 19,995, which seems high for a last year's model,
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Personally, I think it should be somewhere between 17000 and 18000.
  • jackson72jackson72 Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted $27,684 + $790 destination fee + $369 document fee + $199 mandatory window etching fee + taxes. Total is $29,042 + taxes. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal?
    I ended up not taking the car. The dealership called me through out the day today. The price details was offered by DCH Kay Honda and I opted to buy a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited with a bunch of added features including a wing spoiler for $22,350 OTD. Although Honda Accord was a great deal, I didn't want to immerse myself into that kind of debt :) Elantra is in my garage now and it is a smooth ride.
    As promised, here is my purchase. Ironically the car came with mudguards & wheel locks, but because I didn't want them and the vehicle was from another dealership and were already installed, they were free. Its a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L Modern Steel Metalic w/ Gray Interior, 4 Cyl., & no Navi. Here is my breakdown:

$25,799 Sale Price
    $379 Processing Fee (very standard in VA, some are $599)
    $785.34 VA Sales Tax (3%)
    $25.60 Dealer Business License Tax (every dealership in VA has this)
    $10 Online Filing Fee (DMV)
    $12 License & Title Fee
    --------------------------
    $27,010.94 Total Out The Door

I bought from a dealer just outside Richmond, VA.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    Hi all,and JuanValdez,

I have to ask and see if I can understand this.

Why would anyone lease an Accord (I understand EX-L I-4 w/NAV) for $440, it looks like a total ripp-off to me, and here is my reasoning.

I do not know all the details of the Acura leases, but saw the ILX 2013 for $229, TSX 2012 for $299 and the TL 2013 for $349. I would think for $440 you could get a better luxury honda lease, meaning the acura. Probably the advertised prices need a bump from a mileage perspective, however compared to $440 they look better.

Personally I do not lease, I actually bought a 2012 SE Accord about 3 months ago for 21.5K OTD (my post at the end of August) and that is due to my high mileage I put on the car. I put no money down, financed at %.9 and pay 366$ a month.

Still trying to reason for the $440 accord lease though, does not seem like a good deal to me. Can someone please try and explain how this is a good deal? Is it better than the acura deals?

Thanks,
    Julian
  • peter07peter07 Member Posts: 7
    Reading all of the posts, I wonder if one simple way to approach a dealer/dealers is to ask one question and that is "what is the monthly lease amount and residual for a (for example) a 36 month, 12k for a specific car with NO down payment except for the first months lease payment".
    It seems that you can forget about money factor, MSRP, dealer invoice, etc. and most other things because what you are really comparing is your monthly lease costs and residual for a specific car with a certain lease period and mileage.
    Appreciate anyones input.
    Thanks
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    The 2013 Accord isn't that great to lease yet since it is new and the money factor is still a bit high. The part I think you are missing is that those Acura leases probably require a fairly large down payment upfront, which is not what you want to do when leasing. It looks like the $440 Accord lease is with less than $1000 out of pocket upfront, which is pretty awesome. When companies advertise leases, they always look good until you read the fine print and see the required down payment and they almost always are for 10K miles per year.
  • dfinvadfinva Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info. Mike. I just test drove the same car on Hull St. last night. Good to have some info. to go on. What was the 1st name of your salesperson?
  • izmeeh5izmeeh5 Member Posts: 11
    On November 12, I bought a 2013 Honda Accord LX automatic with splash (mud) guards, door edge trim and wheel lock from Avery Greene Honda. They claim to beat ANY competitor's written quote.

I saw a message (#27535) where David McDavid of Frisco had the same car for $19,599. That's more than $1,000 lower than the price I paid for just 8 days after I bought my car. Was anyone able to buy an LX at that advertised price? I would love to have that advertisement by David McDavid of Frisco since Avery Greene Honda claimed to beat ANY competitor's written quote. Thank you.

Price: $20,625
    Doc processing charge: $80
    Tax (8.375%): $1,734.04
    License: $157
    CA Tire fees: $8.75
    Smog abatement fee: $20
    Total: $22,713.39
    I went to Colonial and worked with Gordon. Granted it was the end of the month, but you should be able to get close to that. I just lucked out with the mudguards & wheel locks since they were already on the car when it was transfered.
    Peter, I believe you're interested in knowing the residual in case you want to purchase the car at lease end, but you will want to know the residual and money factor so that you can compute the capitalized cost of the car, which is the amount the leasing company will be paying the dealer (as well as any other other fees you want to put into the lease payment). Say you are noticing that others are paying $500 over invoice when purchasing. You see some ads for leases at $300 a month and you go to a dealership and negotiate down to $250. It's in your budget and you're proud of yourself for getting a better deal than advertised. Then you inquire about the money factor, put it into your calculator along with the residual and MSRP and calculate what the cap cost of the car is and the answer comes out to $1000 over invoice. You won't be too happy. Or say you agreed on a price of $250 and the day you come in to sign the papers, the money factor has dropped. Well, your lease payment should too but you'll never know because you don't know the money factor and don't expect your salesman to volunteer the info, he will just increase the cap cost on the paperwork and make some extra commission. That's why salespeople will always try to convince you that you should only be interested in the lease amount. And, unless the salesperson quotes you a low money factor, I would ask to see the rate sheet provided by the leasing company.
    The cap cost will eventually appear on your lease agreement so there is no reason he shouldn't tell you up front if you ask and that is the number you should be negotiating.
    Since lease ads are so misleading with all the fine print, I do suggest telling the dealer to tell you what the 36 equal monthly payments would be if you put all fees (documentation, registration, taxes, etc) into the lease and paid nothing other than your first payment at time of delivery. That's the only way to compare apples to apples. Those zero due at signing ads should be outlawed. There all always fees that the dealer will charge.
    Hi,
    "Since lease ads are so misleading with all the fine print, I do suggest telling the dealer to tell you what the 36 equal monthly payments would be if you put all fees (documentation, registration, taxes, etc) into the lease and paid nothing other than your first payment at time of delivery. That's the only way to compare apples to apples. Those zero due at signing ads should be outlawed. There all always fees that the dealer will charge".

That is exactly what I am saying to do, namely, that everything is included in the lease amount/month and you essentially walk in to the dealer, ask the lease amount for the car you want over what time period with what mileage/year and do not pay anything more than the first month lease. The residual should be the same for the car but you can always check that out beforehand or know that by comparing it with other dealers you may have asked for a comparison bid.
    I think the process is indeed simple and eliminates the need for worrying about the "cap cost", money factor, etc.
    In my case, I contacted three dealers and ask the same of all three->monthly lease amount for a 36 month/12K/year deal and the residual at the end of three years which turned out to be exactly the same for all three.
    That made my decision very easy. If I walked into a dealership after that agreement and anything else in terms of costs were brought up, I would simply walk away to the next highest bidder. The separation in lease costs of two of the three dealers was $15/month with the same residual for both.
    Sorry Peter, you are taking a very naive approach. Let's assume we are talking strictly cash deals, no trade-ins or dealer financing if a purchase.
    Let's leave out taxes since those would be handled differently for a purchase vs a lease. If it's a purchase, then your out the door cost is known. That's equivalent to the cap cost. As long as each dealer is using the same leasing company (and I assume it's Honda Finance), then of course the residuals are the same. I believe for Dec, it would be 61% of the MSRP for an LX and 59% for an EX-L. The money factor is .00155. Neither the residual or the money factor are negotiable. So the only differences in your lease quotes are based on the cap cost. The one who is $15 cheaper would be selling the car to Honda Finance for about $500 less than the others. We see on this board that everyone is paying considerably under MSRP, some very close to and possibly under invoice. But how do you know if two of the dealers are using MSRP as the cap cost and the other is taking $500 off. Yes, he's $15 a month cheaper, but he's ripping you off on the cap cost. He's got at least an extra $1000 in profit based on the cap cost, and if you negotiated that down like you would try if it was a purchase, you'd save about $30 a month.
    Just about everyone knows you can buy almost any car under MSRP so you don't come across too many people that do but take at some of the leases that people are trying to get out of at swapalease.com. It's obvious their cap cost was MSRP or higher but they weren't very sophisticated and didn't ask the right questions. I really hope you take my advice. I assure you that you will save a few bucks.
  • newaccordnewaccord Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Bought an Accord EXL 4 cyl no nav

25,919 base price including destination
    179 dealer fee
    300 doc, title, license, and registratio

28,320 including 7.35% tax

NY area
    edited December 2012
    Gee,
    Well said on leasing....... Just because a Dealer Advertise's a good monthly rate on a lease car...... That price for the vehicle is closer to the Dealers M.S.R.P.... Not anywhere near dealers Invoice or below.. Not to mention the small print of paying thousands up front to get that low monthly lease.. My thoughts on leasing and price I dont but if i leased with exceptions of Bmw, Mercedes, and a few others . My lease price would be trying to get way Below Invoice price and trying to take most if not all of the dealers Hold-Back on said vehicle. Remember your renting that Car for a 2 or 3 yr period.

• accordx2accordx2 Member Posts: 4
    We purchased the vehicle Friday night after sending an email to local dealer late Thursday. Thanks to everyone on the forum for posting so much helpful info. I have been reading on and off the posts for several months. We narrowed our vehicle choice down after considering the Altima and a VW Passat TDI. This car is needed for a 50 mile per day commute, so decent MPG was important. We liked the new technology on the Accord, we noticed anyone tall in the the Altima backseat would be hitting their head on the top of the car, and we were hesitant about the reliability of VW, although we have heard that the diesel engines last a long time if maintained.

The quote we received was for invoice plus the typical $790 destination, $26,400, on the EXL in the color we wanted. I noticed in the fine print that there would be a $100 document fee. I called the internet salesman Friday morning. The car was a dealer trade. I told him we weren't interested in any dealer add on accessories. Ended up the car had the splash guards, trunk liner and the wheel locks. I ended up getting him to waive the $100 doc fee and a $33 notary fee, agreed to pay for the splash guards only of the add ons, as that was the one item we felt was really necessary for the rock and shell parking lot my husband parks in daily by the river. I had already done my research on the registration, title and license fees by looking it up online, so we agreed on the calculation, he faxed me a buyer's order and I faxed him a form to charge my credit card $500. The car was prepped and waiting for us at 6 pm Friday, November 30th.

They said the doc and notary fees had to be shown on the sales form, so they reduced the sales price by the $133.

Costs:
    Sales price $26,423 (so I paid $153 for the splash guards which was too high, obviously, but at least I got the trunk mat and the wheel locks thrown in)
    Sales tax $2378 (9% in Louisiana, ouch)
    Waste tire fee $8
    Tag and inspection $22
    License title and registration fees $88.50
    Total $29,502

We had been approved by Pen fed for a 60 month loan for $29,000 at 1.49% but did not have any paperwork on it. The finance manager was able to get me 1.84% through a bank and I was satisfied with that. No financing fees.

The finance manager tried to sell both gap insurance and the extended warranty, already figured it into the monthly payments. He removed the cost of both though since we were firm without any hassle. Before he removed the cost he even came down a little on the price of the warranty which he called VIP and included the use of a rental car. The 6 year extended was $1,120 and the 7 year was $1,220. We may get it later, maybe through the internet from one of the dealers listed in this forum.

The dealer was Richards Honda in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It was hassle free dealing with both the internet salesman and the finance manager. The finance manager actually grew up not far from where my husband grew up in NOLA, so we had a good rapport. He also is studying accounting and we are both CPA's. It went smoothly and I would recommend this dealer.

I think dealing on the last day of the month helped.

It was late when we drove our car home, so the salesman offered to walk us through setting up the technology options Saturday afternoon. He spent at least an hour and a half setting our phones up, showing us how to do the voice recognition speed dial, Honda link and Aha, and setting up Sirius radio stations. He was very patient.

Thanks all of you for posting so much info. We tried the internet route with the Passat back in early October and it was fruitless. I don't think we got the best deal ever on the Acoord but I was trying to pay close to invoice, and was satisfied that I only paid $156 for the dealer add ons.
    Thanks Brian, but unless there is a manufacturers incentive on a lease, the dealer would not be motivated to give you any break on the cap cost that he wouldn't give in a purchase. To the dealer, it's only a matter who is paying him for the sale so if you were able to get him to go way under invoice on a lease, he would do it for a purchase too.
    I do suggest that anyone looking for a car that maintains it's value and would therefore have a high residual, such as a Camry LE or an Accord LX (as opposed to an Accord Touring) and will not put a lot of miles on it to consider leasing. For the past several years, you could lease an LE or LX, throwing all the fees in the lease, for about $250 a month. Purchasing would be about $22,000. It would take 88 months of lease payments to get to $22,000 and considering the time value of money, even longer. And if you financed the purchase, it would be around 9 years. Sure, your 8 or 9 year old Accord would still be worth a few thousand, but you would have been paying any repairs yourself after year 3. Had you been leasing, you would be on your third new car, probably one with a new re-design, and you would never even be driving a car that was 3 years old.
    gee22,

I would like to know what you think about the following arrangement.
    I am leasing a Honda Accord EX-L V-6 with Nav for $460/month with ZERO downpayment and only paying the first months lease. The residual is $19,050 after a three year lease and 12K/year. The cap costs is $30,260. I think the MF and residual is the same for any Honda dealer and there are no incentives that I know of at this time.
    Appreciate you and brian125 thoughts about the above.
    Thanks
  • idealbrainidealbrain Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Could you pls share the dealer info and the sales rep name. Thank you
    Pete
    You need to fill in the blanks on this deal then use the leasing formula to see if your lease deal matches the monthly numbers.. I would listen to every thing Gee has been posting he is dead on about leasing. Try checking out the Honda forum from Edmunds on leasing you will learn alot.

1st- Your cap cost-- Is this the lowest Negotiated price or are you taking the dealers numbers.. Neg your lowest price on this vehicle. At Worst case your Cap cost should be dealers Invoice price plus dealers fee's and taxes. Find out about excessive wear and tear on your vehicles return.... Tires, sratches, dings,, etc. they will hit you hard on return if you dont keep there car in good standing..

2- You cant Think--- Call Dealer and get the Dec, MF/ and residual they are using on this deal.......... Apply the leasing formula for pricing

Good luck............. Brian

Brian,

The cap costs is 30,117 and the MF is .00165. The residual for the lease of 36 months and 12K/year at 58% is $19,058. Applying the leasing formula with those numbers gives me a lease figure in the low $400's/month so something is missing in all of this. I have added a few accessories that add about $12/month to that number but still no where near what lease figures I have gotten from three dealers!!!
    So.......
    Thanks Brian for your input.
    edited December 2012
    Got a quote on 2013 Accord EXL for $27,297 out the door with CT sales tax and Honda's destination charge included! The only fee not included is CT registration fee.

I guess the registration would be less than $200. So the final OTD will be around $27500. Is this a good deal?
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    How would anyone know if it is a good deal or not, you are not providing the necessary information to decide if it is a good deal. If you read through some of the pages back, it will clearly state that when one asks for opinion of a deal, he should tell the price in detail

MSRP
    Any Dealer addons
    Agreed price (including delivery)
    Dealer fees
    Tax rate in your state
    etc

Coming and giving an OTD price and asking for opinion will only waste the valuable time of the members reading the post and trying to figure out your actual cost on the car!
    Thanks for the response. I thought the OTD price is the one which finally matters more than the breakup price. That was the price i got from the dealer without breakup. I will try to get the breakup price.
  • rkollarkolla Member Posts: 3
    Hello Brian, Greetings!

I am planning to buy a 2013 Accord LX CVT.

Most of my friends say end of Dec '12 would be right time to buy and also I came across one of your posts that says Jan '13 would be the better time to get great deals. Could you please help me understand what time is better? ..ram
    edited December 2012
    2013 Accord EXL (v4)
    Selling Price: $25,297
    CT Sales Tax (6.35%) $1609
    Doc prep fee $349
    Total $27,297

** registration fee not included

Is this a good deal?
    Peter,
    This is how I can get you to $460 with the info you have provided.
    MSRP $31,490, Invoice $28,292
    Residual @ $19,058 equates to an MSRP with options of $32,859. I'll assume the invoice cost of the $1,369 of options is $1,100 so adjusted invoice is $29,392.
    Cap cost dealer is quoting you appears to be only the cost of the car. Since adj invoice is $29,392 and cap cost is $30,117, he is charging $724 over invoice. Add in the Honda bank fee of $595, Doc Fees of $300, and Title/Registration of $200. That brings you to an adj cap cost of $31,212. That results in a monthly payment of $421 before tax. If you live in NYC with a rate of 8.875%, that will bring the total to $460.
    To put things in perspective, my wife just leased an Volvo S60 with AWD and an MSRP of over $40K for 36 payments of $440 with nothing else out of pocket. She was able to apply a $1000 conquest rebate but I think we still left some money on the table.
    That's too good to be true. That's over $1000 under invoice.
    Are you trading in a car or getting financing at a very high rate? The dealer must be making his money somewhere.
    Shoot for the last 2 days before the new year. Every month you wait going into 2013 dealers will have more inventory on there lots . That adds up to bigger Savings...... My suggestion... figure out your target price and try to buy at Dec end. The bigger dealerships have more cars on there lot and its easier to get your best deal when the dealer knows its on his lot.. Follow my above advice you'll do just fine ..... regards Brian

Thats $1102.00 below dealers invoice. Granted Dealer took back $349 in Doc fee's .... puts sale of that Accord at $ 753 below invoice. It might be possible.. If poster forgot to put in dest/ charge in posted sale then that Accord was purchased at invoice price.. I have no doubt here in new york / New Jersey that 500 below dealers invoice price is do-able. The alarming thing to me is how high people are paying on doc fee's. Gotta negotiate them or have them removed..

Brian,
    With the news last week that consumer confidence is way up and that Black Friday and Cyber Mondays sales were terrific, dealers may not be as negotiable as we would like. An unexpected rise in the unemployment rate and the US going over the "fiscal cliff" would result in better prices at month end.
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    If the price includes destination fee that is a good price and you are getting a great car with it.

This price is about $300 cheaper than what I have seen recently.
    The dealer fee is a bit higher (349), usually they will charge 99-199.
    If this is the first or counter offer you got from the dealer you can go for another $200-250 discount, but if this is like a back and forth a while price, probably the dealer will not budge, and it is a good price no doubt.
    gee22,

I like your math but unless I really hunt around, I am not sure I can do much better than what I arrived at. Your wife's lease probably would be around $470/month since every $1000 down lowers the lease payment about $30/month.
    It is difficult to get dealers down at this time of the year. I am sure if I wanted to wait until March/April, I probably could get a much better deal.
    Thanks for your input gee22!!!
  • evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Brian,

Weymouth Honda has quoted me the following for an EX Accord manual transmission:

$22,946.07 Sale Price (including the $790 Destination Charge)
    +$239.00 Documentation

So $23,185 without ttl and registration. This is about $400 below invoice. Should I wait till the end of the month or early next year?