Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xuxxux Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    wow,I also in houston want to buy 2013 accord lx-4d-cvt,I go to Gillman and they just told me 22600 out door,I try to deal around 22000,but seems still hard, This is my first time to buy car, need help.can send me you break list of your quote?? great thanks.
  • jsalazar2jsalazar2 Member Posts: 5
    I had been dealing with German Fuentes at Gillman Honda in Fort Bend. His ODT price was 22,400 for the base LX , but would take 500 off if I financed through Honda. which would make the price 21,900....I've also been dealing with Bruce Akers at McDavid Honda off the Gulf freeway. I've been researching for a while. I'm gonna go with the sport trim now and add leather. Anyways, i don't know how to post the info I got from German Fuentes. I initially contacted him via Carwhoo.com.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    Just received an online quote from a dealer offering $21,700 OTD including 6% MD sales tax. This offer is valid if I use Honda Financing. I am using this as a starting point and will be visiting a few dealers next Saturday or New Years Eve.
  • nicishnicish Member Posts: 3
    Hey, Which dealer in MD is that ? Thanks!
  • tobyltobyl Member Posts: 6
    The dealer called me and gave me a quote for $22,380 OTD. Does it a good deal for a 2013 Accord LX. I live in San Francisco; tax rate is 8.5%. Any comments.
    That was from Bel Air Honda. I have also received a reasonable quote from Glen Burnie Honda, but not talked to them in a while.
    Has anyone actually gone to one of the Costco Buyers Dealers and seen the "special price" for Costco members only? The Costco dealer for me is over an hour away and I do not want to drive all the way there to find out they can not beat the proce I already have.
  • vaiv777vaiv777 Member Posts: 7
    This looks competitive but you can negotiate another $300 - 400 or so .
    Btw which dealer in SF bay area. Can you provide sale price and tax etc break up.
  • steve3591steve3591 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in NC and price of the Accord Sport was $22,640. Total OTD price was $23,387. Not bad, probably could have done better but I am happy with the deal. This deal also includes a $500 bonus cash for financing with Honda.

We love the car, got the white one!!
  • lisa8301lisa8301 Member Posts: 2
    Which dealership in NC? Did you get an online quote first? Also, what financing is available, if you can share. Sounds like a great deal. Thanks.
  • steve3591steve3591 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer in Winston Salem. Yes, did a lot of online quotes first. I emailed quite a few dealers with offer price of $23k OTD, not sure how I came up with this number but I thought it was a good start. Greensboro dealer was willing to do $23,300 but I am closer to Winston so went with them.

Also, dealer in Columbia SC said they would do $22,600 OTD but that would have been a 6 hour trip there and back and didnt think it was enough to make me drive that much.
  • lisa8301lisa8301 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response. Hope you enjoy your new vehicle.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    This is a great price. I would buy it. What dealership is this? Thanks.
  • anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    I plan to purchase tne 2013 Honda Accord this week
    I know working with the dealerships can be a challenge
    If you've purchased a car recently in California, can you list the documents included in the transaction? Purchase agreement, etc.
    I think this info would be helpful to other buyers so we know what is involved in the transaction, particularly for those of us who have not purchased a car lately.

Thank you
  • civiclxseekerciviclxseeker Member Posts: 1
    Was it automatic or manual? Thx.
  • anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    I plan to buy this car before the end of the year in Southern California

2013 Honda Accord Sdn 4dr I4 CVT LX (CR2F3DEW)
    This is what my research shows; does this seem about right? Thanks for your help

MSRP (Car Bargains) $22,480
    Invoice (Car Bargains) $20,579
    Destination & Handling $790
    Documentation fee $80

Sub-total $21,749

Sales Tax $1,686
    Sub-total $23,435

Vehicle License Fee (DMV) $256

Grand total (out the door) $23,690
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Merry Xmas forum members,

After comparing the 2012 Toyota Camry LE it seems the 2013 Honda LX has
    more car for the $.

Please advise what Honda dealer has the lowest price for a 2013 Accord LX with
    auto. trans.

thanks

coches1
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Hi Bro!

Are you doing with a 2013 Accord now? You do get more for your money. When are you going to buy?
    edited December 2012
    Happy Holidays M6dude!!!

At the auto show in L.A. we had the opportunity to review
    the mid-price sedans under the same roof. As you correctly
    observed the Honda has more for the money.
    The following are standard:

alloy wheels
    stereo anti theft
    floor mats
    rearview camera
    dual-zone climate
    auto climate

The other major change is the CVT auto transmission.
    It seems this might be new technology. Lucky for me
    their is a 5 year/60k warranty. Are you comfortable with
    the new CVT.

The other impressive vehicle in is the Altima 2.5 S.
    The seats are far superior in comfort compared to the Camry.
    Actually, better than the top of the line redesigned Avalon.

The dilema is price, reliability and resale. My 2003 Camry has 100K+
    miles and has been perfect..ok one wheel bearing repair.

Roseville just lowered their 2012 LE to $19K without PD.
    Toyota of Orange has the 2012 LE no PD for $19.5K
    Also all N. CA toyota dealers offer 1000$ rebate until 1.7.13
    for gas Camrys. Maybe their will be a huge rebates soon. We want to
    buy soon but waiting is not a problem.

Please share your suggestion on what direction I should go.

Also best dealers prices for Accords, Altimas, and Camrys.

Thanks again for all you help

coches1
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    Merry Xmas everyone.

I plan on signing a purchase agreement on Friday or Saturday. As a negotiating tool, I might use Honda Financing. Plenty of you in this forum have purchased using Honda Financing. I want to triple-check that there is no penalty if the loan is paid off early, ie with a better auto loan rate from another bank.

Thank you in advance.

Michael.
  • bhaumikbhaumik Member Posts: 5
    I do apologize for not positing that information. I realize its important

Vehicle Price: 21,012.90
    Doc Fee: 349.00
    Tax: 1470.90
    Tire Fee: 7.50
    Registration fee: 94.50 (Transferred plates from my old car thats why the cost is less)

Total: 22,934.80

And I got a $500 rebate for financing through Honda so total out the door price was:
    $22,434.80

Hope this helps! Oh and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!!!
    Hello gee22

GREAT RESPONSE ABOUT LEASES!!!!

It always shocks me when persons lease a vehicle. The first
    lesson should be WHAT IS THE PURCHASE PRICE!!!!! Then
    inquire about residual and money rate.

I dont think they realize that acquisition and drop off fees
    are incentives to purchase instead of leasing.

You seem informed about the car business. What dealership
    has the best prices for Accords and Camrys in California?

Thanks again for the Leasing 101 lesson

coches1
  • sj3sj3 Member Posts: 2
    Should I go for this in NJ?
    Quote was sent by email.
    Please advice.

car 2013 accord lx auto-cvt
    no financing..check payment
    plates transfer. no tradein.

$19,779.00 - sale price
    790.00 - destination
    1,439.83 - NJ sales tax of 7%
    299.00 - doc fee
    64.50 - DMV transfer no lien
    8.30 - DMV online processing fee
    7.50 - NJ Tire Tax fee
    --------------------------
    $22,388.13 - OTD transfer no lien.

Should I work on this further with them upon arrival at the dealership?
    Intend to buy this week. Please advise.
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Which dealership is this?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2012
    Did you call one of the n.j. dealers i posted. Your deal is about 800 below dealers invoice... Remember your giving this dealer 300 dollars back by paying his doc fee's. I would call him back and tell dealer you will buy that moment.. To take off doc fee's or.. if not....... lower price to adjust sale price of vehicle. If they say no...... tell dealer thanks but that is what gets your deal done with them... hang up and let him wait a day. If dealer does not call back and its your best deal then make the deal with them.........

Note: This is how you Negotiate to get the Best Deal

1- Call 20 dealers and tell each dealer that joe honda will sell you your honda for 800 below invoice plus tax and tags nothing else out the door.

2- Tell each Dealer beat Joe honda price i buy from you right Now. you will have your best deal it 30 mins bet my life. Good luck let the forum know how you did. DONT WIMP OUT NOW.... CLOSED THE DEAL.. PLAY THE GAME

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

I think its auto sports.
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    I got a quote of $26388 with destination + tax and fees for EX-L in SF bayarea.
    I want to offer 25,500 +tax and fees.
    Anyone has got good deal in the area? Any thought?
  • honda2013njhonda2013nj Member Posts: 6
    can you share the dealership in NJ
    Hey guys. Me again.

I got an internet quote from Weymouth about a month ago for a EX-L V6 Sedan. It was 27739 on November 25th. Has anyone gotten a quote more recently that I might be able to use in my negotiations? I'm in Cali and won't be flying back to MA anytime soon.

Thanks.

Michael.
  • qazpqazp Member Posts: 4
    Just for you information. I got a quote of 25355 + TTL for the EX-L in Southern California (Riverside). MSRP is 28785. This is what I got from their website quote request and have not talked to them because I am looking for an EX.
    Hi all, as I asked in the title, what are the costs for new plates and tags in NJ? Seems a whole lot more expensive than just to transfer the old ones.
    Folks, please post the Name and City of your dealership. and all prices including your states taxes when writing about your deal.. It helps cut down all the unneccessary posting. People are not mind readers in this forum.. There are people posting in here from every state.. Out the door prices must include all fee's including if you paid documentation fee's.. The last 2 days of this month is the best time to buy............. Brian

edited December 2012
    mike
    i inquired last month and recieved the same deal of $553 below invoice. My last conversation with the internet dept i had addressed certain issue's if i was to travel 5 hrs to pick up car. Waymouth honda would not remove there doc fee's but i know that if i want to buy a Accord from Waymouth.. they will sell to me at a little over 800 below dealers invoice with there doc fee's added at end of deal. I'm sure if i was to call dec,30th i could squeeze a few more bucks out of them. Your area's dealerships might not be selling that low. I would suggest trying to make your best deal for the Accord right at the end of the month. I tried to have Waymouth honda send me that deal via email for 800 below dealers invoice but they are pretty sharp over there and they probably new what i was trying to do. You have no leverage with Waymouth honda's price... Dealers in your area know your not flying across the country. I would use a dealer 400 miles away from your area and use them as a example to getting $800 below invoice .. Good luck Let us know how you made out..

Hi Gazp,

Thanks for the info.

I received another quote of $25,940 from another dealer just outside of San Francisco Bay Area. It looks like S. Cal get better price on Honda.

I will talk to this dealer to see if he can come down halfway.
  • psp05psp05 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Can you pls share the dealer name? I am also looking for good deal in south bay area.
    Livermore usually has lower price than most of south bay dealers.
    South California has better Honda deals than SF Bay Area.
  • darrin8darrin8 Member Posts: 14
    Brian, I am in the market for a 13 Accord Touring, 13 4dr EXLV6W/Nav, or 13 4dr Sport 4dr CVT Auto and have had some conversations with you on the forum before. The only color I want in is Black on Black.

The best quote I have had so far is Weymouth Honda who sent me an e-mail internet quote for a 13 Accord Touring 4dr, Sport CVT Auto 4dr and EXLV6W/nav 4dr. All quotes were $1000.00 below edmunds Invoice price which includes destiantion fee.
    However, at this time they will not come off the $239.00 documentation fee which makes the price 761.00 below invoice including the destination fee(790). I live in Chesapeake, VA and No dealer in VA so far is not willing to come near that price with me showing them Weymouths e-mail quotes.

Have you or know anyone has delt with this dealer. These prices are very close now for me to make the purchase over the phone. I have never bought out of state before and what should I look out for to ensure the deal is legal before I secure a hold on the vehicle with $500.00 on my credit card.

Pricing below is what I was quoted from Weymouth.

13 Accord SPort CVT Auto 4dr

$22,082.00 Sale Price (including the $790 Destination Charge)
    +$662.46 3% Sales Tax
    +$239.00 Documentation Fee
    +$0.00 Registration Fee
    $22,983.46 Total "Out-The-Door" Price (No Hidden Charges)

13 EXL V6W/Nav 4dr

$29,116.00 Sale Price (including the $790 Destination Charge)
    +$873.48 3% Sales Tax
    +$0.00 Registration Fee
    $30,228.48 Total "Out-The-Door" Price (No Hidden Charges

13 Touring 4dr Accord

$30,366.00 Sale Price (including the $790 Destination Charge)
    +$910.98 3% Sales Tax
    +$0.00 Registration Fee
    $31,515.98 Total "Out-The-Door" Price (No Hidden Charges)

Darrin
  • sunny_thestarsunny_thestar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can anyone share information about what they paid for an Accord EX-L during Christmas/New Year weekends?

Thanks,
    Sunny
    I have a dealer around me hovering around the Weymouth price. And doc fees in Cali are capped at $80. This is my weekend.
    edited December 2012
    Hi,
    Even Anderson offered the same quote total cost of car would be around $28,100
    And offered sport cvt for $25,188 total price including 8.35% sales tax + dmv fees etc.
    Has anyone else bought in MD in the last week and used Honda Financing? What rate are they offering - still 3.99%? Also, 1 of the dealers I am talking to has Sunday hours - when did that start?
    Hi psp05,

Thanks for the info.
    I will check with Anderson Honda internet department for a quote on Accord EX-L.
    Hi,
    Please keep me updated. Thanks.
  • moretownmoretown Member Posts: 3
    I posted in the Honda Lease forum that i got a quote from Honda of Los Angeles (24,469) w/o destination fee. Add in Dest Fee, and you come up with 25, 259. I have no doubt come Dec 30/31, dealers will be willing to drop that number even more. I too am in the market for an EX-L in the Los Angeles area so I'm just waiting until Sunday to make the calls.
    Cash purchase, no financing, new plates and tags.

Best offer in NJ:

Autosport Honda: base price 20457 with dest included, 1433 tax, 7.5 tire, 8.3 online processing, Reg: 271, Doc: 299 (unable to remove)

Best offer overall: 21500 OTD, not sure the figures and whether it's a demo car, but making them check right now.

Made a deposit on the first one, not sure whether I should go for the second. Can I take the deposit back? Need help!
    Got a online quick quote from Anderson for $25788.
    Hi yangyx where do you get the 21500 otd, which dealer in nj, I am also interested in buy this one in Nj.

The autosport one is about 22500 otd.
    College Park Honda. I cannot transport there so I might have to miss this deal. Long drive.
    do they give you quote? if there is a quote, you can just let nj dealers math it.
    I know toms river one will beat other's quote.

Thanks
  • mtan1mtan1 Member Posts: 3
    I am in Arizona and the quotes I have been receiving our high compared to what I am reading on the blog. I think the cheapest quote I have gotten so far is $25K out the door for an LX CVT trim. Has anyone recently bought in Arizona or know something I don't. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You.