Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• psp05psp05 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Hi,
    Yes I got the same. I spoke with south bay sales person and she said this is the best deal if u are getting it in real(She was not ready to agree that I am telling her true price she said go with it if its real we can not offer you less than this) Waiting for reply from other 2 dealers if they can offer me lower than this today only otherwise tomorrow most probably I will finalize the deal with A either sports or ex L depending on % APR Honda financing will offer.

So total is $28388 for Ex L If you get any better deal than this pls update me.
  • riteshjriteshj Member Posts: 6
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for your posts on this forum. It has definitely helped a lot of people. I am in the market for the 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 and here is the quote that I got:

Dealer Name: Honda of Concord, NC
    Car: 2013 Honda Accord Sedan 4 Door V6 Automatic EX-L
    Offer Price: $27,616 + $896 for NC TTL (3% Tax, $40 for Title & $28 for License Plate) + $499 administration fees = $29011.

Dealer clearly said they cannot be beat by price and asked me to go ahead and show him a lower offer and he'll beat it! :)

Weymouth Honda quoted me $27,739 plus TTL and Doc Fee which brought the final OTD price to $29,837.14.

I personally think its a great deal even though I dont like the $499 administration fees. I am still trying to get rid of it or at least lower it with the dealer.

Any thoughts? Please let me know.
  • bsaru96bsaru96 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to buy a 2013 LX or EX, by Monday. I live in Austin, TX and have been calling dealers in Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Dallas - (Round Rock Honda, Honda of San Marcos, Howdy Honda, Gillman Honda, David McDavid)... the cheapest offer I got was $23,500 for LX with basic dealer options...

Looks like $500 Honda Financing is credit is no longer available.

I'm ready to travel in Texas. Where can I get the cheapest LX or EX...

Thank you...
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    Hi,
    Honda doesn't have 0.9% finance support on 2013 accord, it is for 2012 only.
    you can get 2% auto loan from SV tech CU.
  • psp05psp05 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. Even capitol honda told me that they can not offer at this or below this price. Today my hubby will chk with honda financing what APR they can offer.
    What do you think about this deal price? If it please you, What is ur plan??
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    I got a better quote from Hayward Honda for $25,600+tax and fees.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Darrin, listen if i read your email correct your deal is $ 761 below invoice after calculating the doc fee's the dealer wont remove. dont go crazy trying to get them removed its a great deal. If you want to play poker with this dealer tell them on dec 29th to lower the sale of the vehicle or remove the doc fee's of 239. and you will buy then... if not tell him thanks If you dont hear back from that dealer that day... make the original deal you had on the 30th with him.. Make dealership fax you the buyers order with all the particulars of your deal with Vin number etc . You sign it..... send it back and let him sign on his end and fax back to you. If everything looks kosher give him a credit card deposit to process and prep car til you can get in dealership to pick up. i dont know anything about that dealer.. Your faxed buyers order he sends to you will tell you if he is lying or not.. That buyers order is a legal document so he has to disclose all the numbers. this is the best way to buy a vehicle... Keep us posted on your deal.......Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

riteshj, If this dealership is not to far try them his doc fee's are $349 they may be willing to deal
    DICK BROOKS HONDA GREER S.C

UNLESS YOU DECIDE TO BUY OUT OF STATE THAT CHARGE MIGHT BE HARD TO DUE AWAY WITH. DONT NO THAT AREA. TRY LOWERING THE SALE OF THE VEHICLE. IF YOU CANT GET VEHICLE ANY LOWER DECIDE IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE A GOOD DEAL OR NOT..............

This is another good dealership with a excellent Internet Dept. You want the Manager... Get all your numbers and facts straight before calling and pitch them your deal. be firm and let them know what your number is to get deal done that moment.

• sj3sj3 Member Posts: 2
    Brian, Many thanks to you. Contacted all dealerships on your list. That was my starting point.

Did not feel bad as dealership after dealership rejected my offers :-)
    Negotiation is a skill few people have and I am not one of them :-)

Yes its autosport. Drove the car back today. Tougher to negotiate for Hondas than hyundais or nissans.

Seems like there isnt much room with Hondas. But still it seems like due to end of the year events I got a decent deal. I have taken it. otd 22388
  • phampauphampau Member Posts: 12
    Thanks to this forum, I purchased my wife a 2013 Accord Sport CVT today for $22,000 including destination fee PLUS $500 doc fee, so $22,500 plus TTL. Basically $500 under invoice including doc fee. Dealer is located in south Alabama. My local dealer 50 miles away turned down my offer, but this dealer took it! I would say any model 2013 Accord should/could be had for invoice -$500 including destination and fees. Please email me if you are in the area and need info, i would be glad to help. I think these last few days of the year is the time to buy if you are in the market right now! Good luck on your purchases!
    Yang......... stop telling me about dealer offers. Thats not how you get the best price. Make a target price and apply what ive been saying the last month. your offers are just a number they throw out to everybody who shows interest. If they know your buying that moment you will get every dealers best price to your target price or close enough.. I wanna hear some big numbers from you.. are you pulling the trigger this week...

sj3 if i was buying a honda last month i might of called 50 dealers and 49 might of said no. i'm glad to see you got a deceant deal with autosport. people who will be buying Accords in march will probably be laughing at us and fools like myself.. LOL... Honda will only give so much right now. and yes it is alot easier to buy another brand that isnt so hot... Enjoy your car... You did good..

• yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Hi Brian,

I actually paid deposit on the 22500 one. The price is a bit high, but I just don't have much time matching others up while I also think that if you want to keep the vehicle for a long time, then a few hundred dollars do not matter too much. College park Honda's deal is 21500, which is my target price. The only reason I'm not going is that I have not enough time, and other things are piling up. Do not know what here you can help me, but so far no dealer willing to come close to 22500.
  • mpallampalla Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy accord EX - L . Can you please provide dealer name and additional options that you have got with EX-L model. Appreciate your earliest response.

thanks,
    Mohan
  • muxa84muxa84 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Brian,

I'm planning to buy a new 2013 Accord LX CVT or 2013 Civic EX Auto during the last 3 days this December.
    My target is $18,000 for either car. I live in Los Angeles. I'm planning to negotiate the price all day until I get my target. What do you think? Is this a real target or not?
  • trainingwheelstrainingwheels Member Posts: 7
    Phampau, What dealer in south Alabama did you use? I'm looking for a 2013 Accord V6 no nav. I'm in the Dallas area but I'm willing to go to Alabama if the price is right.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    Did you get $21500 in an email offer? Who was the salesman? Did that include any options such as wheel locks, mud guards, etc? Also since you we're buying out of state was that MD tax or NJ tax (what is NJ tax rate?). Thanks, Dean
    edited December 2012
    Yang did receive a very good price out of state, college park honda but he wants to buy local. the dealer where you purchase will apply your states taxes..

The Accord lx cvt is $21,369 at invoice price /w dest charge. the civic may be do-able at 18k have not seen pricing. decide which vehicle and go 1000 below invoice and make your best deal... good luck

If your buying a Accord wait til the last 2 days of Dec before you call dealers you will receive the best price. Target at least 10 to 20 dealers if your in a metro area. you will have the best leverage. Make your best deal.. Certain area's wont do as good as others , but you will receive the best deal cause dealers want those numbers in volume sales for end of quarter sales... Good luck and Happy Holidays................

• jzhu17jzhu17 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Brian.
    I am in TX. I am looking for LX CVT sedan.
    right now the car price I got is $20586, $339 for Honda protection package (bloody pre-installed), so the OTD is $23369.
    Do you think the price is good enough? or should I wait till the last two days?
    Thank you!
  • phampauphampau Member Posts: 12
    Treadwell Honda in Mobile, Alabama, call and talk to Internet sales manager Ron, offer $1000 under invoice and i'm almost sure he will take the offer. After $500 doc fee, you are looking at $500 under invoice plus TTL. You might have a little more room because the MRSP of the V6 Accord is higher. Good luck!
  • maverick29maverick29 Member Posts: 5
    Friends, I bought an Accord EXL - 2013 for OTD price of 27,900. I live in Texas (dallas FTW area) and the sales tax is 6.25%. The deal includes the dealer add on of Window Tinting, Wheel Locks, Pin Stripes, Splash guards, Trunk Tray and Nitrogen Tire. I was bargaining with multiple dealers for 27500 and it didn't happen.
    The car is very smooth with quite a lot of features. I love it !!!

Good Luck to all those who had bought or who are going to buy. Thanks to the forum and wish you all a Happy New Year !!!
    You are at good numbers on the LX cvt,,, wait the last 2 days to make the deal. I would try to get dealer to lower the price of the vehicle some more due to the fact your paying for the protection plan you do not want . The $ 399 plan is full price you would be paying.. Alot of people have gotten that plan thrown into there deal free. Otherwise as your deal stands you do have a really good deal on the table... Let us know how you make out

• anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    Getting ready to purchase a new Honda.
    I am not financing the purchase through dealership or my own bank
    I am writing a personal check; once the check clears, I will pick-up the car
    The dealership requires a photocopy of my driver's license
    As identify theft victim, not interested in doing this
    What is your experience in California?; are there any regulations about this?

Thanks
    If you pitch your... Here is my offer price for my buisness deal on the last 2 days you will recieve the dealers best price no doubt.. Folks who listen to me have gotten good deals but they bought in the middle of the month.... Some dealers as you have read do not budge and why should they .. They have the leverage and the time to make as much as they could... ... You have to make your best deal at the end of this month, End of next month etc. It is the only way to buy. Do not step foot in any dealerships you call on the phone.. Take your best offers and internet quotes and build on those prices to get your best deal. Remember if your not getting 1000 below dealers invoice the last day its not do-able but 750 below dealers invoice is in alot of area's . Read thru past treads and look for your area and dealerships people have gotten good prices quotes /offers and Negotiate a better price the last day............. Brian

ann
    This is not a uncommon practice most dealerships will make a copy of your drivers license. I would address your concerns to the dealership and see how they will safe guard your personal info.........Brian

• bsaru96bsaru96 Member Posts: 5
    maverick29,
    $27,900 looks like good price. I live in Austin, TX and dont mind travelling to Dallas. Can you tell me which dealer and sales person you worked with? Would greatly appreciate if you can (IM )send me your OTD bill so that I can try to get the same price.

Thank you...
    bsaru
    Try Freeman Honda in Dallas. They seem to be selling at below dealers invoice pricing. There are some good consumer reports on pricing in that area..

edited December 2012
    John
    I helped my Cousin buy a Honda at Criswell Honda in Maryland last year. Try calling or shooting Internet Manager a Email on dec, 30th. They will give you a no nonse upfront price. Make your offer 1000 below dealers invoice and work up from that price. If he wont go 1k below. there have been posters in and around your area for about 700 below invoice. Shoot me a email at AOL>>>>> if you need help. Say hello to your boys for me. Happy New year my friend.............B

• maverick29maverick29 Member Posts: 5
    bsaru96,

I had this 27,900 offer from both David McDavid in Irving and Frank Kent in Arlington. I bought from the latter. I am sure they would give for this price till end of this month. Please note that there is a $500 waiver if you finance from Honda. I used that option and plan to refinance later next year. Try the internet route by asking for a quote through Honda or the individual dealers websites. Tell them you will come and buy immediately. Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your helpful advice
    You said the buyer should ask the dealer for a buyer's order
    OK, what is that?
    I am in California, and have not heard about that
    Is there a sample of what is included in a buyer's order?
    Thank you
    BUYERS ORDER
    That is the bill of sale. Letting dealer fax over the paper work. will cut down time spent in the dealership. If your buying by phone.

WHEN DEALERS FAX YOU A BUYERS ORDER every thing from Vehicle to Options and all Prices are disclosed and calculated. Once you both sign that paper it is a legal document and then you could leave him a refundable credit card deposit to hold/ find and prep your vehicle to you can get into dealership to pick up car..

• cmakavelicmakaveli Member Posts: 14
    was it manual or cvt? that seems like a great deal!
    Thank you, Brian
    This is very helpful
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Be sure to contact Gunn Honda in S.A.
    Apply what ive talked about in prior threads it will help you obtain the best possible price.

"Norm reeves Honda price for 2013 LX is 21119 and 22645 for the sport...this is from the internet department. Good luck"

are these OTD prices??
    "20,995 is the lowest I heard off for 2013 LX at this time of the year."

is that 21kOTD or 21 excluding ttl?
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    I'll post an extensive message tomorrow, but thanks to this forum, and my own obsessive record keeping and huge spreadsheet, there is a Black EX-L V6 in my garage. Be sure to ask about Honda Financing Flex Cash!

30860 MSRP
    28292 Invoice
    27692 My Price on the contract
    27192 My Price with $500 flex cash for using Honda Finance (2.49%--which I will payoff after the first month).
    $80 Document Fees are capped in California.

More tomorrow. Too jazzed to sit still now.

Honda of Morgan Hill.

Michael.
  • trainingwheelstrainingwheels Member Posts: 7
    I've followed suggestions on this forum for a 2013 Accord V6 no nav. What a timesaver! The only open questions concern warranty: Is the MPP Execucare extended warranty ever worth it? Offer was $2000 for 84 months/100k miles Mechanical, and $750 for 60 months Maintenance. My instinct tells me anything they try this hard to sell must be mostly profit. Advice?

Separately, I have a quote from Hyannis Honda for Hondacare coverage: $945 for 8 years/100k miles, no deductible. Advice?

I have till tomorrow to decide.
    did the 21k include all the taxes for VA state? or all the registration and taxes were paid separetly since you bought it from another state?
  • mj443mj443 Member Posts: 3
    Got an EX for $550 under invoice. Got a quote for as low as $800 under invoice, but it wasn't worth the extra 60 miles, and I went with the closer dealer.
    edited December 2012
    this message for everyone, any help would be greatly appreciated, including brian (very helpful person on this board btw).. i reside in the san francisco bayarea, nor-cal (any locals feel free to join in the convo with any good local dealers). i would lke to buy either

2013 Honda Accord LX (CVT) or
    2013 Honda Accord (Sports)

this is for the basic version, no addons. what are some of the best rates people have gotten in other states that shared their prices here. im sure prices can be matched. i looked through the posts, if im not mistaking. i have seen LX CVT, OTD @ 21k and sports OTD at 22k. is that the best so far?

what you guys think thats what i should be aiming for in terms of OTD prices? keep in mind, the tax here is 8.25% in san mateo county. i read south california has better prices, i wouldnt mind flying out there for a day and drive it back. let me know please. thanks for reading.
  • royroy1royroy1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Brian,

I just bought an 2013 Accord EX-L V6 with the below extra's from Roseville CA.

Splash Guard set: $104
    Wheel Locks: $55
    Trunk Tray: $139 with one spare tire.
    Total OOTD price: $30427

The invoice price for EXL V6 is $28292. But I got for $28000 including the extras as above.
    Also I got free Oil change for 3 years.

Was that a good deal?

royroy1
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    You are, in effect, paying them cash for the car... That's a large sum of money, and they are required to report it.. No different than if you open a bank account.. they are required to "know" their customer..

What is it that's on your DL, that isn't on the personal check you are giving them, other than the DL number?

I understand your concerns, but that is the way the world works, today..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    I have seen a few people talking about the trunk tray with spare tire option...does the car not include a spare tire? With all of the features they made standard this year, I did not even consider they took things away.

BTW it is snowing here in MD. If this makes for a slow day at the dealers, I am hoping they will b ready to deal on Monday!
  • muxa84muxa84 Member Posts: 6
    Los Angeles Downtown Honda sent me quote for LX CVT for $19439. Will try to make this price as OTD with their finance.
    Mike
    Great job you nailed a super deal!!!!!!!!! I'm glad i may have helped you. Always give back to new forum members down the road with help on buying.

Happy New year enjoy you car

Brian