Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Part of buying a Honda is there reputation on reliablity, build and quality. Dont rush on any extended warranties. The only reason the dealer is ramming it down your throat is the big profit he stands to gain off you. Dealers love to scare you with if you dont buy it today scenario. Check all dealers across the country and people who bought extended warranties at good deals. Research is the key to any good deal. Correct me if i'm wrong but you have up to 3 yrs to purchase any warranty of your choice..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Cmakaveli
    Make your best price below dealers invoice. number 1 concern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your OTD prices consist of Doc fees. dmv and state taxes. you should try to negotiate the doc fee's off or reduced.

Dont think its a good idea to fly and p/u not enough savings

Wait til end of Next month to buy you will get a better price, and every month after that you will notice pricing comming down on the Accord and all models

The longer you wait thru next year will assure bigger inventory on dealerships lots. Many dealers are inclined to make better deals.... They cant have those vehicles sitting for to long... Supply and Demand.

Apply what ive been saying you will save a few bucks.. Good Luck

brian

• vaiv777vaiv777 Member Posts: 7
    Hi cmakaveli
    I am also in bay area looking for 2013 Accord LX model. What is the best sale price you have received in bay area. i just started my research and your inputs will help me nail down the dealers and get idea of price range.

Thanks ...
    Never bought a Extended Warranty my thoughts are...
    i spend 900 to 1200 on this Warranty and the 2 Year i total my Car.

Do i lose my money????????????
    Do i get a refund check if i never use the Warranty Service..... and if not why??? LOL

• bsaru96bsaru96 Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone...
    Have been talking and emailing to dealers in Dallas, Austin, Houston & San Antonio and the best price so far I got was from Kent Adams, Dallas. They are giving me at $22,800 OTD with window tint, wheel locks, splash guard, pinstripes and tunk tray.

Trying to get Austin/San Marcos/San Antonio dealers to match it... so far no one has come back on that Dont want to drive to Dallas...

Is this a decent deal for TX? Should I wait till Monday?

Has anyone got a better deal in TX, OTD?

Thank you...
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    After test driving the new 2013 accord LX I realized their
    is not a lot of DRIVER LEG ROOM. I am 6 feet tall and
    realized their is more room in a Toyota Camry.

The Honda has about 41 inches and the Camry 46.

It would be interesting to hear from the other forum members.

thanks

Coches1
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    One last thing I want to say before leaving this forum.

First, a million thanks to brian, who taught me so much (personally think you should make videos showing your buying~). I was thinking of paying MSRP before I saw his posts. I might have not hit a nice deal, but I really had fun playing games. But two most important things I learnt from this buying experience are:

1. You have to buy at the very end of the month. One day can make a big difference. Yesterday DCH Paramus Honda was only willing to offer 22800, but they are willing to match 22500 today.

2. You got to have the decisiveness to commit to a dealer that once he hits your price, you will buy at the moment, no hesitation. For college park's 21500, it's great with NJ tax, confirmed it with the internet manager, but I did not have anyone willing to take me there since it will take over a day. So I don't have the ability to make commitment right at the moment it appeared, and missed it. Some deals open only for a short while, since once dealers hit their quota, they won't bother selling you low anymore (So I doubt they are still willing to sell at that low). So once the deal appears, I guess you should make sure no tricks in it, make the one calling you write his offer on paper, and then grab and cling onto it.

In addition, I think it's also important to give dealers reasonable offers so they do not call you back telling you they can't do the business. For accord LX, I computed my target price as: roughly 1100 over invoice=19500, plus 790 dest, plus tax roughly 1400, plus 300 reg and doc and other things, and it's around 22000. And my deal is 500 above my target price.

Lastly, some dealers say they will beat any written quote by XXX dollars. But they eat their words when you show them your quote.

Hope everybody here learn from previous experience and get satisfying deals. Bye edmunds!
    coches.
    First off the 2013 Toyota Camry failed miserable in front crash test , Last week.. Nat/ hwy safety claims the front wheel and wheel well pushed into driverside cabin crushing the driver i would stay away from camry till they address this issue. Your a big guy you wont look good with one leg............ God Forbid.

Your numbers are wrong on interior sizes may i correct you.

Headroom Camry..38.8.............. Accord..39.1
    Ft leg rm..............41.6..........................42.5
    Ft hip rm..............54.5..........................55.6
    Ft shoulder.............58.0..........................58.6

The Honda Corp has hit a homerun with this model. My buddy has the loaded exl v6.. What he has been saying is alittle more road noise than he expected and ride quality. My thoughs on this is again for under 30k alot of car for the money, want a better ride and upgrade... The Audi A6 is your ride at about 54k out the door. IMHO.. best bang for the buck at that price...

• cschwartz59cschwartz59 Member Posts: 14
    I contacted through email several dealerships in the So Cal area looking for this vehicle. The best price I was quoted was $29471 and then at a closer dealership, $29667. These seem like pretty good prices. They both include destination but not $7.75 tax, tags and $80 doc fee. Unfortunately, none of the dealerships seem to have this car in stock in the color I prefer which is Modern Steel Metallic. I was initially looking at the white one, but am not enamored with the two tone interior. Looks like I won't be able to buy by the end of the year but will wait until I hear back from the dealerships as to who gets one in stock.
    Yang

For 1000 dollars i will drive you down 400 miles to get that deal....LOL
    People dont realize the leverage they have comes the last 2 days and last day of this month. just glad to pass on my wealth of knowledge over the years. If you are passive and laid back not a good negotiator . you still will receive the best price possible by applying some of my simply techniques....

Enjoy your new car my friend

Happy new year to you and your family I appreciate the posting

• wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    I few months ago I was looking at the Accord and the Camry. I had not decided until I sat in the passenger seat of the Camry. I am 6'-5" and I do not fit. With the power seat on the driver side, I am ok; however, the passenger seat does not have a height adjustment. I suggest you check this if applicable to you.
  • cmakavelicmakaveli Member Posts: 14
    "Los Angeles Downtown Honda sent me quote for LX CVT for $19439. Will try to make this price as OTD with their finance."

let me know what you get for OTD, i wouldnt mind flying out there.
    edited December 2012
    Cmakaveli
    "Make your best price below dealers invoice. number 1 concern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

so what is the dealers invoice on 2013 lx model or sports model? or do they constantly drop down as time goes by? are they honest with the invoice price when im at the dealer? so find the dealers invoice and add +TTL or is that including everything? is that how it works?

"Apply what ive been saying you will save a few bucks.. Good Luck"
    thank you
    Hi cmakaveli
    I am also in bay area looking for 2013 Accord LX model. What is the best sale price you have received in bay area. i just started my research and your inputs will help me nail down the dealers and get idea of price range.

Thanks ...

i read on here that avery greene honda got the best prices in vallejo. let me know what you get for OTD? i think i will wait another month or two to shop around. dont forget to share the price once u lock something
  • muxa84muxa84 Member Posts: 6
    Hello!

Just got back from LA Downtown Honda. What can I say. I wanted for about 21K OTD maximum. However, they said $23800 OTD is their price and that there is no more room to make it any lower.
    I started from $19500 OTD to reach 21K. And they didn't even try to keep me there any longer by keeping their price at 23,800 firm. So, I left this place. I don't really need a car right now. Wanted it only if the price was good.
    2 days left. Will try tomorrow at another dealer.
    It doesn't really seem like Honda are trying to sell their cars any cheaper. Their prices seem like their everyday prices.
  • jzhu17jzhu17 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hi Brian,
    Thank you for the advice.
    We went there last night, and as usual, we pleasantly found that the car I wanted had a tint already installed, and thus an extra 300 for that. Cut that price in half, signed the price agreement.
    And then the finance piece set us off: since AHF won't give me finance, as I don't have a VISA longer than 2 years. Then they quoted 8.7% APR with 50%DP from other banks. [non-permissible content removed]. And of course they used tricks and pressure to push us make the deal.
    Unless we can find some lower APR, we will be back to the market in 6 months, hopefully by then the price will drop and I can finance.
    Thank you very much for your advice!
  • kkj1028kkj1028 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all the information on this forum. I will post more details Monday.
    I live in Mn but got deal in Iowa. Followed advice on making offers by phone.
    Call dealer, give name and email for contact, make offer of 2013 accord ex-l, no nav, 4 cyl, no accessories, no dealer badging. 25,500 including destination, then add sales tax, title, and license. No add on or documentation fees!

Email me if this acceptable, and I will put down deposit. Thanks for your Time.

I got denied ten times.....then accepted! Also, offers for 26000 plus t,t,l and also 25725 plus t,t,l. But was limited to two colors.

Bonus... Subtract $500 for financing through Honda after I asked! Awesome

Dealer I bought from is smaller, and will go get me the white with ivory or black with ivory I want!

That is a great car for a great price.

After you know what car you want...DON'T go into any dealership!
    Kevin
    Try Pen Fed credit union 1.49% up to 72 months. Must join first to be a member to get low rates.. It will cost you $25

brian

• qazpqazp Member Posts: 4
    Brian,

Thanks a lot for all your advices you posted. They are very helpful. I have never used third party loan before. How does it work if I apply to Pen Fed loan? What is the process like at the dealer?

Thanks

qazp
    edited December 2012
    I have never used them . I would think it would be like any other loan from a bank or credit union. I referred them 4 months ago and several people did join and get there car loans thru them.. Check out there web site online.

• rileytworileytwo Member Posts: 1
  • caatercaater Member Posts: 2
    Just finish my purchase in Honda dealers.
    2013 Accord LX CVT OTD $21,800 (6% MD Tax)
    For you guys information.
  • nicishnicish Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my buying experience since this forum gave me the information I needed to negotiate. I got the Honda accord coupe 2013 for an OTD price of 23150, after using the honda financing. I was also able to get 1.74% i guess because my credit was very good and i made a 20% downpayment.

I have been following this car for a while and the mrsp is 24,200 and I even had a dealer quote over $26,000 OTD.

If anyone needs any more information, let me know.

BTW I am very happy with my purchase, the car has a bunch of features that im learning about every day :)
    congrats. seems like MD state has the best deals when it comes to honda so far.
    edited December 2012
    so far i had reasonable initial quotes from Avery Greene Honda in Vallejo. i recommend everyone to try to see what you can work out if you live near or around san francisco, bayarea. NO i dont work for them. but its a good start in comparison to outrageous prices with other local bayarea hondas so they deserve a shot at our business. i will keep you guys posted on a final offer if i decide to proceed and buy at this time.

STAY AWAY from redwood city honda or autowest honda in fremont, they both majorly suck. redwood honda manager almost broke my 05 honda lx se coupe carseat trying fabricate a lie saying the carseat moves. he started jumping wildy side to side saying its unsafe which is BS , this was all a tactic to low-ball me on a trade offering a $4000 on a $9000 dollar car, GTFOH!! and for autowest honda staff. the staff was talking outside in a group of 4-5 people joking around doing nothing. when i asked for help. one of them seemed pre-occupied with another customer. walked down and left me saying they are busy today. wow! lol .. which i of-course filed a complaint with the management. they gave me another terrible sales person who didn't seemed too earger to sell once he figured i was a smart buyer. no customer service at all and they always overcharge for small services.

i realize the dealer gota eat too but lets just keep it fair all the way around the board.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    Which dealer?
  • caatercaater Member Posts: 2
    Jim Coleman Honda Dealer
  • sophiesimonssophiesimons Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Brian!!!!!!!

I bought Honda Accord 2013 LX paying 6000 down and 307 per month for 60months.

BTW I am living in LA area

Please give me an idea!
    Thx
    edited December 2012
    i believe for ppl who have already purchased the car, there is no point in looking back how much could of /would of paid. enjoy the car now with no regrets. no use in looking behind cause its not gona change anything.
  • hondanewkidshondanewkids Member Posts: 1
    25500 OTD price is good, but I think they gave you that price because you brought the extended warranty for $1,814, which basically bring the total otd price to $27,314. which is good for a piece of mind. My wife just got her 2013 ex i4 OTD price for $26,140 with free first oli change from s. california. Which i think is just ok but we didn't have to hassle and neogiate, everything thing was done within 2 hrs.
  • cks33cks33 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys-

I am in chicago, cook county. Seeing 22,500 OTD for the base model. Any suggestions on getting it any lower? Or any favorite dealers?
    that sounds pretty good. is it lx cvt? how much is the sales tax there? id buy it for that price at this moment
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    Try rock Honda in Fontana or corona, get quote from Internet dept. got my 2013 sport for 21700+ tax at rock Honda... Lx will be less
    is it possible to get 17 inches rim on accord lx if you dont want 16s. i wonder how much extra dealers charge IF they do it in the first place.
    Got quote from Carson $22800 - $500 if getting Honda finance. Also I can get Flex Cash. This would be $21800 OTD price. Very good. Santa Monica Honda said they will beat this price. Will see.
  • sreeasreea Member Posts: 1
    What was the offer for before tax? And did you get a quote for EX as well?
    They didn't mention that because I didn't ask. Unfortunately, the person, whom we tried to buy a car, said 20K really exceed his budget and he's going to work with the Civic 2013.
    However, I really like the new Accord. LX is very good and in black ext. and in with black int. it fells and looks luxurious. And what I don't really like in LX is the plastic steering wheel. If I bought an Accord, I'd go with the Sport. It's a superb car and costs not much.
    Need all the numbers to let you know
    sale price of vehicle
    all dealer fee's
    any options and price paid
    your states tax

once you provide this info we could break down your deal.

Post all deals that you recieved today and tommorrow so forum members could see how much you saved by buying at months end..... Post dealership Name and State you purchased and your personal buying experience..

• anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you the reply
    The DL contains two pieces of information that could be used for identity theft: Date of birth, driver's license #. Neither are on my personal check
    you may not realize it, but because of changes in State and Federal legislation, without a date of birth, it is more difficult for a crook to rip you off.

Thank you
  • lx468lx468 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I got a good deal on my car. Here is what I paid for my black 2013 Accord Ex-L V6 w/out Navi:

Total price of unit: $27,418.76
    Customer Service Fee: $599
    Sales Tax (7%): $1,964.24
    Title: $21

Total Out-the-door price: $30,000

This price included the following:

Moon-roof visor
    Splash guards
    Wheel locks
    Cargo (trunk) tray
    2 Years free maintenance (oil changes and tire rotations)

Because I didn't really like the look of the moon roof visor and the dealership was too far from me to go for maintenance, I substituted a deck spoiler for the two.

Did I get a good deal on this car? While shopping around, I showed a number of dealerships the offer (3 passed, 2 matched, and one beat it by $200 although without all of the aforementioned accessories and add-ons).
    You recieved a good deal.. What is a customer svc fee for $599. Your deal was about $275 below dealers invoice and he threw in your accessories cause they were on that vehicle. The deck lid was a nice touch... What state and what was the name of the dealership. your post should include this info to help others. Enjoy your new Accord I plan to put the Rear Deck lid on my Accord.. Really makes the car look elegant.

• lx468lx468 Member Posts: 2
    The state is GA.
    Honda Mall of GA, Carey Paul Honda, and Nalley Honda were the ones who offered $30,000 OTD with similar packages (I feel a little weird saying who actually sold it to me). Team Honda also has a price-match guarantee but would not send me numbers.

I chose to buy from the dealership that had the color I wanted.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    Interesting..... and, I understand your concerns...

But, I don't think you'll be able to make a $20K cash transaction without proving who you are (and, identification is a pretty big part of that)..

You don't have to let them copy your DL, but they don't have to sell you a car, either..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• trainingwheelstrainingwheels Member Posts: 7
    Vandergriff Honda, Arlington, Texas

Car 27,500
    Docs 150
    Subtot 27,650

Taxes 1,778
    Fees 125
    TTL 29,553 Out the Door

Includes: splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, window tint, pin striping

Cash sale. Decided to decline the MPP Execu-care extended warranty.
    Considering Hondacare from Hyannis Honda.

Honda of Burleson, Texas, offered essentially the same deal but did not have the car in stock in my color. I would have bought from them because they offer lifetime powertrain warranty at no extra cost.

I made a list of dealers and called them one after the other, told them I want to buy this car today for this price. This is what will do the deal today. Do you have the car in the color I want, and will you meet my price. If not, here's my number, call me when you can. I didn't pit one dealer against another. Simply kept going till they met my price. OK, they slipped in the doc fees (and perhaps some money in fees) but I declined to pay for any of the options.

They wanted me to take out a loan so they could get $500 incentive from Honda but I declined as I did not want the hassle. They didn't offer the $500 to ME.

Maybe a better negotiator could have gotten a better deal, but without this forum, I would have paid much more and spent a LOT more time.
    Purchased this today from Weir Canyon Honda in So Cal. Negotiated price (all done by email and phone before going to dealer) was $29734 including destination. Sales tax 7.75%, doc fee $80. It was their only vehicle like this and other dealers in the area did not have any in stock. Color is orchid white pearl which is what I wanted anyway. I might have been able to pay a few hundred less but nobody had the car on the lot.
    Finance guy tried to get me to buy lots of stuff I don't want like paint protection (don't want, I'm a hobbyist detailer). Tried to sell me extended warranty for some outrageous amount. I pulled out a quote from Curry Honda for 7 years, 80,000 miles for $880 and he met the price. I had an extended warranty on my 2006 Acura TSX and although I never used it I liked knowing I had it. Then went to the parts place and showed some online prices for trunk tray, floor mats and wheel locks and they met those prices too. All in all, fairly painless experience. Loving the car!
    Anne I'm in full agreement with our host kyfdx. I would address your concerns with the dealership to see how he will protect your info.

• bsaru96bsaru96 Member Posts: 5
    What is the insurance package that Curry Honda offering, is that Honda Care package?
    I got quote from Hyannis Honda for 7yr/80k miles, 0 deductible, was $605.
    Can anybody explain what the difference is? Is Hyannis Honda Care good enough?
    Training Wheels

Nice Job!!!!!!!!!! you bought your Accord for atleast 700 below dealers invoice price.. By purchasing the exl V6 model Dealer threw in those added accessories that were on the car already.. I have noticed alot of people getting those same options thrown into there deal. If you purchased this vehicle in the first half of the month the dealer may have wanted more money for the car and those options.....

I believe as long as its Honda Care, they are all the same. Hyannis, Curry, Saccucci, they all sell them however some do not sell to the state of California which is where I am so I was only able to get a quote from Curry. There may be others that sell to California but I don't know of any others offhand.