Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Did you buy the 2013 accord LX CVT
    at Downtown L A motors for the price
    they quoted you, 19,439$?

I am looking for a 2013 accord lx cvt
    in CA.

thanks

coches1
    Hello muxa84

I live in Los Angeles and also looking for 2013 LX CVT.

Please share the quotes you received with the forum

thanks
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    Thanks to everyone, especially Brian. I went to Bel Air Honda. They were offering a great price of $21,699 OTR with Nitrogen in the tires; however, I wanted some add ons and they would not throw them in or discount them.

I wound up at Anderson Honda (4th car from Anderson). $21,821 OTD with the following options: accent stripe, fender well trim & door edge guards, spash guards and wheel locks. Here I the cost breakdown:

Sale Price: 20330
    Dealer Processing: $0
    Tax (6%): 1219
    Title: $100
    Lien Filing: $20
    Electronic Title: $20
    Tire Recycling: 4
    OTD: $21821

Thanks again, Happy New Year!
  • muxa84muxa84 Member Posts: 6
    We decided not to buy an Accord. Unfortunately.
  • foreignguyforeignguy Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Van's Honda, Green Bay, WI

2013 Accord EXL-V6 no Navi, sedan
    12/31/2012
    Silver Ext, Black Leather
    Mudguards

Purchase Price = $ 28,000
    document fee = $ 0
    WI Tax 5.5% = $ 1,540
    WI DMV title and license = $ 164

Total OTD = $29,704

Cash purchase, no trade.

Dealership and sales rep were very efficient and professional.
  • mmedicmmedic Member Posts: 15
    You can get a refund for an unused portion of the warranty.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    lets say i dont have to use any of the honda warranty. weather its 8yr or 10, How much am i refunded??????

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• fredbloggs1fredbloggs1 Member Posts: 4
    Found a 2010 Honda Accord I like with low mileage. CarFax shows 2 accidents, one involving right rear impact, the other involving front impact with airbag deploying. Car is certified pre-owned, so dealer says the accidents must be so minor that there's no structural damage.

Would you trust the dealer on this, or would you be concerned with a safety problem (and, if so, how would you find out if there's a safety problem)? Assuming no safety problem, how much price reduction is this worth?
    Walk away is it worth saving a few bucks now to have problems down the road. why do you think prior party got rid of a 2yr old vehicle. I would not trust any dealer on this matter unless i could read the actual accident reports this vehicle was in and the extend of the damaged it caused.. Walk Away

Brian

• yojs17yojs17 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I would like to know if I got a good deal on my car. Here is what I paid for my Black 2013 Accord EX-L w Navi:

Total price of unit: $29,629
    Sales Tax (6.25%): $1,851.80

Total Out-the-door price: $31,480

This price included the following:

Splash guards
    Wheel locks
    Trunk tray
    Window tint

Thanks
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Looking at the current market and factoring in how long the new 2013 Honda Accord has been on the market, you should be able to get a new 2013 Honda Accord LX automatic for under $23,000; that is including TTL. In my opinion, 2013 Accord gives you the most equipment standard for your money.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    I would walk away, unless the accidents were in the early days of car ownership and whoever had the car still kept it for another 2-3 years. Definitely would test drive the car, which I have done before and confirmed nothing wrong with car involved in accident. Folks sometime get into a fender bender and you still get written up as accident, although not worth it.

I am curious to see how much you're saving though? Have you looked into a brand new 2012 with zero miles where you would get full 3 years warrant, there are still a few around? That's what I got right before 2013 was out, SE version.

Best of luck, Julian
    This wasn't a Fender Bender........ Front Airbag Deployed. Unless you could read the actual reports with the extent of damages i would stay away. The warranty on that vehicle will expire this year..

• augcarbuyeraugcarbuyer Member Posts: 18
    I am also in the market for a 2013 ex i4. Which dealership did you get yours from? Since you are also in socal, I assume the TTL is 11%, so that your before tax price is 23500? It is a pretty good price at this moment.
  • glee1020glee1020 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    black w/black interior - sedan

$29,494 (includes destination fee)
    $399 conveyance fee
    ($199 window etching - waived)
    6% sales tax
    = $31,686.58 OTD + whatever it will cost for tags in MD

Is that a good deal? Used the Weymouth Honda quote to get one dealership to match it.. went to another dealership to have them beat it.. went back to the original dealership and they knocked theirs down a little bit more (didn't actually beat the second dealership.. but it was only a difference of $100 so we went with the original guy we worked with).. also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty that we wouldn't have received from the second dealership..

This was in CT -- 6% sales tax b/c car will be registered in MD
  • qazpqazp Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I am shopping for an EX Souther Cal also but not willing to purchase unless there is a good price. I live in Riverside County.

I requested quote all the dealers around me. Corona give me the best price for OTD (few gave lower price but either their OTD were higher or they not willing to give me OTD unless coming in). Requested Corona two times around Christmas and yesterday both got $23,269 (car + destination). OTDs were different, around 25440 first one, 25600 second one. Not sure what system they use to calculate and what if I come in). Consumer Report Car Buying Price in my area for the EX is around $23537.

Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info. Now I have a baseline. Tax varies by counties. But in the end, it depends on where you live. And as of yesterday, the State sales tax just went up 0.25%.
  • wendavidwendavid Member Posts: 3
    Bought my 2013 Accord ex-l cvt from Honda on Grand right after Xmas. Here is what I paid:

MSRP: $28785
    Honda on Grand price: $25059
    doc fee: $161.39

Total paid is 25220.39 + tax + title & L

Price include $500 rebate only available for finance from American Honda.
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    What finance rate did you get from honda financial if you don't mind I ask?
  • bluesea1215bluesea1215 Member Posts: 2
    Please let us know what dealership you bought it from.

thank you.
  • bluesea1215bluesea1215 Member Posts: 2
    Good day,

Looking to buy the car in CT ideally. Would appreciate any leads to a good price - dealership, sales person name and price. Would also consider MA or NY.

Thank you.
  • wendavidwendavid Member Posts: 3
    It is 3.9% for 60 M, not that good. I got 0% for my 09 mazda6.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    0% for a Mazda is not what you can expect for a Honda. I own a Honda and a Mazda right now, and that Honda is a better car imho. The Accord is a brand-new design that is winning most comparison test when it comes to performance, mpg, safety, quality, etc. The Mazda 6 is a good car, but not in the same league according to most magazines.

The Accord is probably the best midsize car right now. You can expect to pay a little more to get the best.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    what vehicle did you buy, and why? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
    Hello Sophie

I live in LA and looking for a 2013 LX. Please share the exact purchase price
    and any rebates.

It is easier to compare purchase price less rebates without fees.

Also what dealer?

thanks
    :shades:
    Good shabas
    Blue sea,
    Call Weymouth Honda In M.A. Internet james tell him Brian from N.y. sent you. 800 below dealers invoice and maybe a few dolars more is do-able. The key to your leverage will be Meet my price i buy today with a credit card deposit. Doc fee's are $239 they wont remove but maybe if your a good negotiator they will take more off sale of Accord. You will make you best deal with them. Only call him when your ready to buy. I plan on buying this month so i will try to squeeze every dealer in the new york, new jersey area for $1000 below dealers invoice with certain options i want on my vehicle.. good luck Brian

Consumer reports just rated the Accord best midsize car. And rightfully so.. Of coarse they had to put there positive spin on there baby The Camry. Never once mentioning how bad the new Camry Failed in the recent front Crash Tests and how the Camry is slipping further down the chain of not so good cars.. In the new tests the Camry's Front Wheel well and wheel crushed the driver. If it was any other car brand they would be all over that .. Seems funny how they say there Unbias.

• malo_4malo_4 Member Posts: 15
    I am sure others can give much more insight but that seems like a really good deal to me and the price range I was looking for.

I am looking for the EX-L as well and not many of the dealers want to come down much. I have followed the tips of those on this forum (as well as have bought over internet before) but the dealers around here just don't want to budge much.

The best offer I have received so far is $26799 plus TTL in El Paso. While that did include tint and mudguards it is higher than I wanted to get it for. However the local dealers here in Albuquerque will only give me $1000 off MSRP! I'll just have to be patient to get the right deal.
  • cmakavelicmakaveli Member Posts: 14
    there is no way the new camry comes even close to this accord. 2013 accord is in another league, it seems more like a 40 thousand dollar car. no offense to toyota since they still make great cars.
  • amty007amty007 Member Posts: 9
    Planning to buy a the ex-l v6 without nav, and best offer so far is $27,200 before TTL. Dealer will additonally give wheel lock and mud guards. I've financing ready for as low as 1.49% ...Would this be a good deal?
  • sk0379sk0379 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am looking for the best price for a 2012 Accord Ex-L without Navi and any suggestions on dealers in NJ/PA/NY area.

Many thanks
    Not many 2012's left.. Check all dealers websites to view there inventory. You should consider a 2013 much better car for the money.

• mmedicmmedic Member Posts: 15
    If your term is up, you get nothing. Otherwise it is prorated. This is insurance and it works like any other insurance product - you buy it for security and peace of mind. It is not for everyone.
  • 13as13as Member Posts: 4
    Hello Everyone,
    I bought a 2013 Honda Accord Sport over the New Years weekend at Autosport Honda in NJ.
    I told them that I wanted to pay 23k OTD price, they agreed. They did a reverse calculation which looked something like this:
    23,000 out the door price - Honda Accord Sport
    7% 1,464.52 Tax
    299.00 Doc Fees
    307.30 DMV
    7.50 NJ tire fee
    790.00 Destination
    20,131.68 Car price
    I had my own financing ready from Bank of America at 2.2% which Honda matched afterwards.
    Hope this helps anyone buying in NJ. Also, thanks for all the great tips from some of you over the last month.
  • perunestperunest Member Posts: 42
    If you read any auto magazines or Consumer Reports you will find that nitrogen in the tires has no effect. It works only as a marketing gimmick.
  • wlfinancialwlfinancial Member Posts: 6
    Is your car automatic or manual?
  • 13as13as Member Posts: 4
    Automatic
  • perunestperunest Member Posts: 42
    Why do so many people include the sales tax in their OTD quote? Sales tax is non-negotiable and varies by state, so it makes it harder to compare quotes. If you say that the OTD quote includes a sales tax of 6.5% it requires that the OTD number be divided by 1.065 to get a meaningful price for all states. Other costs, like options, registration, and documentation should be included because that's how dealers adjust their profit. Leave sales tax out!
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Let folks post all the info they like. Every few years someone comes in here and wants this changed or that changed...bottom line is most folks want ALL the info including the sales tax. So just take out the info from each post that you want...the way things are right now are just fine!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

P.S. Was at the Honda store this morning and Honda did a great job with the new Accord. A very impressive car for the money and very upscale especially the interior!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    I disagree. Without including the sales tax amount or percentage for their state, other people in this forum will not know what the base price they should be comparing to their offer. I live in MD and the tax rate is 6%. If I just post my OTD price and do not list the tax rate, someone in a state with 3% sales tax or DE with 0% sales tax should be able to do that much better.
    edited January 2013
    13 as
    This posting is how you should post your purchase. Good job
    The Most important info to other forum readers are

Dealership Name and State you purchased or looking into.. Why people dont include this drives me crazy..

1- Your Sale price paid for car with Dest charge included or listed below separate.
    2_ Any options on vehicle. And what you paid?
    3- Any rebates/ Incentives you recieved.
    4- Out the door price should Include.. Doc fee's, Dmv, Your States Sales tax, and % rate.

Most people have no clue to what other states tax rates are so please post your tax rate. WE are not Mind Readers.

Brian

• jsalazar2jsalazar2 Member Posts: 5
    I had to drive an hour to Beaumont,TX at Mike Smih Honda.

Price paid OTD $24,500 financed at 2.2% for 60 months. Includes splash guards, wheel locks, trunk cargo liner, floor mats.

car $22,750
    doc fee $120
    TTL (8.25% sales tax)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    In other words...just do it the way we've always done it! End of story!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited January 2013
    That's a great price. The MSRP for the Accord Sport is $24,980, if you paid $20,131.68 + 790 destination charge, you got more than 16% discount. This is the highest discount I have seen for the 2013 Accord. Congratulations!
    Lol... It will never happen... Do you see some of the postings thru out these threads.. These dealers are having a field day with some of these posters money..

He said it was the automatic. It is actually 16.25% discount from the MSRP. can anyone tell me if you have seen a higher discount than 16.25% for a 2013 Accord?

This is a good reference for people looking to buy a new Accord.
    just deleted my post misread his posting.

edited January 2013
    I was just looking at 13as.. posting.. your deal was 2000 below dealers Invoice. Did you buy the ONE that was missing a door. LOL... Your price is pretty much out of the realm of any pricing. Why/ how did you get such a low price. Did you offer your first born or something...

I have 4 deals with local dealers in this area I'm working on... including Autosport of N.J for about $900 to 1300 below dealers Invoice. All these dealers wont remove there doc fee's so basically i'm buying the Accord EXL v6 for 1k below dealers invoice unless i buy out of state like Weymouth. honda etc.. I should be able to make my best deal the last day of Jan..

Unless i could give the dealer my first born who is now 30 Lol..

Brian

I think including ONLY the OTD price in posts DOES NOT help people except for those in your state (and lot of times people don't even mention the state). In a lot of cases, people come here to find deals that are a few hundred bucks cheaper. Differences in state taxes are easily more than that. Therefore, it is impossible to tell if a deal is good or not. To me the price to compare is the price before TTL (Tax, Title and License). TTL is something the state slaps on car purchases. Dealers cannot change it. If you don't like the TTL, you just have to move.
    edited January 2013
    Sale price of car and doc fee's is really all you need to determine good deals. This is a on going problem in these forums. If you stick around long enough you will get good information and buying tips..Your States taxes and DMV fee's will be priced accordingly. Most dealers do make a few bucks on registering your car. The big problem today with dealers is very high Doc fee's. Alot of people today are more informed with the internet and pricing. So dealers have found another way to recoup some of that money back. Another thing some dealers are doing is telling buyers they wont sell you a vehicle by phone or online you have to come into the dealership. That is a no-no-. do not fall for that... Unless you want to spend about 6 hours in that dealership and watching the salesman play games and make like a yo- yo,, back and forth to his manager.. Then giving you a half [non-permissible content removed] price after all that wasted time..... I always like to keep my negotiations separate from my visit to certain dealerships to check out cars i like . Then making my deal with the dealerships manager the last day of that month. This is how you get the best deal possible.. You always try to make yor best deal with the person who can say yes to your price.. The Manager. The Salesman is for car info and test drives..