Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Thanks Brian, I guess it depends on the actual distance and price difference, but is good to know because at times any of us might be in a rush to buy the car because we need it asap within a few days and that might be the quick choice and less research but is definitely worth the comparison, thanks for answering.
    By the way, as far as distance, I don't mind the driving part as it might be my only choice, because the dealers near me are the small ones. So I will drive to nj or ny or as far as md. So it depends what they offer me to "please me" (like remote starter or something like that) or if I rather the $$ savings and it makes up for a decent difference after you subtract the gas and hassle to go that far.

On another topic, I am looking for the LX CVT, and I am curious if let's say the lx and the sport will drive the same as far as how smooth of a ride they provide. I like how the sport looks, but I heard that sport suspensions are not as "soft or smooth" and the bigger the tires the more you will feel the bumps in the road, any inputs on someone thAt knows about this will be appreciated.

I already test drove the LX, which is better than my 08 accord lx, but the test drive wasn't a long one, but again I was curious on the two suspensions and driving experience, thanks.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited January 2013
    All Accords are somewhat performance tuned. In other words, the marshmallow suspension of the Camry won't be found on any Accord, which most people think is a good thing.

But after that you can somewhat go by the letters of the trim level. In other words:

LX=Luxury, even though it is a base model. And so an LX Accord has a slightly softer suspension, although it's still relatively firm compared to Camry, Altima, Sonata, etc.

Sport means what it says, and so the suspension and the tires are more for sporty handling, and less for comfort. You will feel more bumps, but might have more fun going around corners.

EX/EXL= Extra Luxury, and so goes back to the slightly softer LX mode, although there is still upgraded handling ("shock tower") with this trim, as well as premium V-rated high speed performance tires.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • raven84raven84 Member Posts: 2
    Contacted many dealers in So Cal (200 miles away), I live in So Nevada (Henderson NV)

of all the 7 internet deals I got, this is the best

Am I getting ripped off? here is the deal I am getting

Local Dealership in Henderson NV
    2103 Accord EX-L without Navi
    Basque Red with ivory interiors

Selling Price $25,500
    Doc Fee $499 (All dealers are charging this in Las Vegas, they are not discounting!)
    Title $28.50
    State Sales Tax is 8.1% $2105.5

Total Price $28,133

My state sales tax is high! cant's escape!

Can I finish the deal?
    Ok, thanks for responding to me. I always heard that the Camry is a good car for drivers, but don't like the current model. I am most likely going to for the lx but I wouldn't mind the sport if I could get a decent deal. I will test drive both before I buy any. Thanks for your help.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    I don't think you'll find any Honda literature that indicates that LX stands for luxury but now I realize that the Camry LE stands for lemon.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited January 2013
    REF: 28155
    You are not getting "ripped off" but you are paying more than others due to the very high doc fee. Please review the link to understand that the doc fee is completely optional in Nevada ("No cap or rules"). So your dealer is essentially PADDING the good 25500 car price with 499 in additional profit. While they may say that they will not go lower, I'd wait til the end of the month or counter-offer at a somewhat lower doc fee. You must be prepared to WALK OUT or as Brian125 would say, negotiate over the internet (not in person).

Thanks for asking your questions before finalizing the deal - that is the way to go!

http://blog.truecar.com/2011/07/26/which-additional-fees-should-i-pay-at-the-dea- - lership-what-is-the-doc-fee/#comment-53152
  • russel_25russel_25 Member Posts: 3
    I read somewhere in this forum that at the end of this month I can expect something like $750 below the invoice for 2013 accord LX automatic. My question is does the invoice price include the destination charge?
    Just to give an idea, I just e-mailed Anderson dealer in MD and they said the price for the accord lx cvt would go for $19, 579 plus $790 destination, taxes tags and $196 doc fee. The invoice is $20, 579 plus $790. So is technically $804 below invoice. If you include the doc fee if not then $1, 004 below invoice which imho is very good considering that this car is a new redisigned model. Depending how far u are u can buy it from them without the hassle of dealing with other dealers and the wait. But I would probably wait for presidents day and see if I can shave an extra few $$$ we will see.
  • austin198austin198 Member Posts: 23
    Emailed Weymouth Honda today, said I had a written quote here in New York for $22,328 including destination, doc fees, mud guards, wheel locks and cargo net. $22,328 exclusive of only DMV fees and tax. Said they need to do better by at least a few hundred more and I would make the drive up to Massachusetts next week, somewhere between $21,700 and $22,000 with the same options, including both destination and doc fees. Received an email back from James, saying Congratulations we have a deal. I called him up a few minutes later to confirm the numbers, he agreed to all and then I asked him to send me an email with the quote and I would leave a deposit. An hour later he emails me saying $22,082.07 plus $239 doc fee plus three accessories mud guards, wheel locks and cargo net for $553.60 (sold online at collegehills for $142 for all three), for a total of $22,874.67 plus all taxes and DMV fees here in New York. I called him up to say wtf, your number is not what we had agreed to, your number is $874.67 more than our agreed upon price and $546.67 over my already lowest price here in New York, which I originally state you must beat by at least a few hundred. Buying a car is such a headache, I think I might keep driving my 2005 Honda Accord for 20 more years and these bait and switch tactics and lying and manipulative car salesman can sit on their cars, let the, collect snow in the lot, I'll look again in May and see if prices are more reasonable. Brian, you dealt with this guy James before, why the change of price last minute when I'm ready to exchange information and leave a deposit. I'd be hesitant to travel so far now, even with a signed buyers order/agreement.
  • steplalandsteplaland Member Posts: 4
    22,250 + ttl
    80 doc fee
    9% tax
    24,650 out the door

best i could do with 15 dealers in LA area.
    Thanks steplaland, short and to the point with negotiated price 22,250 (almost 700 under invoice) and a reasonable $80 doc fee, not sure what the maximum allowed doc fee if any is in Cali, but very nice price, I'm a little above that number now here in New York. This an example of how others should post their sale prices. Thanks for the post.
  • faceofboefaceofboe Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    My offer in San Antonio. I appreciate any helpful comments.

12k per year / 36 Months for $356 per month 62% Residual Vaule

2013 Accord EX
    MSRP $26,195
    Selling Price $23,796
    Accessories $439 (Window tint for Texas heat)
    Total Price Including $24,235
    State Sales Tax $1,569
    Inventory Tax $58
    License, Title, etc $126
    Doc Fee $125
    Total Price Including Accessories $26,114
    Deposit $0
    Amount To Finance/Lease $26,114
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    It's not a credit you only pay the tax on the difference between the final sale price and the value of your trade
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    Have you been in a Camry 2012? There is a reason they lowered the price 2000 dollars! Interior is so cheap.
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Got the Accord Sport CVT from CollegePark Honda in MD.

The price is
    $21,561 including Destination
    $198 Dealer Processing Fee.
    $1509 Tax (7% NJ)
    $19 Temp Tag MD
    $301 Registration ( paid this in NJ)
    ------------------------
    $23588 OTD

13as got the same deal in Dec for $23K from Autosport in NJ (that time there was $500 cashback from AHFC if you take financing). No NJ Dealer was ready for this deal now. So went to MD to get the car.
    Great price, do you mind sharing the salespersons name. I'd gladly travel to Maryland especially after Weymouth Honda reneged on their deal once I asked them to send it to me in an email and I would give a down payment. I don't think prices will get much better than your price until Memorial Day, but I wish to purchase sooner. Thanks for posting your price.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited January 2013
    That dealership has been rocking this board with the best prices. Maybe the n.y. dealerships sent someone up there to pay them a visit . i Have no doubt honda dealers are checking this board for sure.. I would call back next week and speak to the internet manager and try to nail down that previous deal you almost made. Dont get discouraged send out the same pricing emails the last days of this month and next month.. when you meet your target price let dealership fax you over the buyers order. Once you both sign it . That makes it a legal document and pricing, vehicle and options cant be changed. Seems like alot of people are not getting such great deals. This is the reason i never start negotiations til the last days or day.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

G,
    Is there a way i can contact you

Yes I don't like it either. Besides reputation I wouldn't buy it.
  • ninerssbchampsninerssbchamps Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Requested some online quotes last night and received a couple of responses back from a couple of South Florida dealerships. It's for a 2013 Honda Accord Sport.

Dealer #1
    MSRP: $24980
    Invoice: $22929
    Sale Price: $23529
    Doc Fee: $299
    Elec. Registration: $139.95
    Transfer Tag: $305.16
    Taxes: $1490.07
    Total: $25763.18

Dealership #2
    MSRP: $24980
    Internet Special Price: $21879
    Didn't give me a break down but out the door price is: $24025 (includes all other costs) + TAG

Also got a quote from Dealer #1 for a 2013 Honda Accord EX
    MSRP: $26195
    Invoice: $24037
    Sale Price: $24013
    Doc Fee: $299
    Elec. Registration: $139.95
    Transfer Tag: $305.16
    Taxes: $1519.13
    Total: $26276

What's your opinion on these quotes? Anyone in the South Florida area have any great deal stories that I can hopefully follow!! Thanks!!!
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    I live in NJ, and wanted to buy a honda accord. can u give me the dealerwship name? thanks
  • srik1srik1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone.
    Finally went to the closest dealership (in Saint Louis, MO) and got the 2013 Accord EXL I4 for $24900 financed, have to pay TTL.

Car price + Dest Charge $24700
    Doc fee $200
    TTL Should be about 1900
    Total Cost : 26800

No hassle purchase and no up-selling from finance either. However I was given the extended warranty offers
    Honda Care - 6yr 100k - $100 deductible == 1700 (is $750 from saccucci)
    Gap Ins == $695
    Key repl ins == $290
    Road size Hazard Ins == $460
    Dent Repair warranty == $420

Dealer is providing 100% cash back guarantee (if unused) on Honda care , if I decide before saturday.
    I think having key replacement insurance is better since each key costs around $300 (per the dealer).

Please let me know your opinion on the warranties.
    Thanks in advance.
  • faceofboefaceofboe Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for that. I'm not sure why the one dealer won't budge...unless they keep the "tax".
  • reliablepreliablep Member Posts: 3
    Can someone please give me breakdown of the cost. Cost of the car, tax, doc fee. It will be more useful if someone is also either from Cincinnati or Kentucky to know the exact price OTD. What is the lowest price that we can negotiate on Honda accord EXL

Thx
    Dest/ charge of $790 added on to your negotiated sale price of car.
    example: negotiated price .....................12,000 then you add
    Dest/ charge, doc fee's, Dmv, and Taxes for a out the door price

• jsmith40jsmith40 Member Posts: 3
    The Sport has larger and nicer looking tires, lower profile and this is subjective. It will ride a bit different than the LX. The biggest difference will be the cost to replace them later, The Sports tires will cost more and not last as long, as their treadlife is less with the higher speed rating. It is a nice looking model.
    That's exactly what I was looking at. To replace a tire on the sport would be $277.99 for a Michelin, same tire that comes on the car MXM4, plus 2.50 tire tax here in New York plus 15.00 for mount and balance and roadside warranty, plus NY sales tax in my particular county comes to $320 for each tire, if you damage the rim hitting the curb or a big pothole, your looking at probably around $350.00 for the rim plus $320 for he tire. They are nice tires but very very expensive to replace, which jacks up the five year cost to own.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited January 2013
    My 2 cents...

There's probably not one number for the "lowest cost" for an EXL, since that will differ in each market, and in terms of how you negotiate.

Overall, however, it seems like some people are getting around $2000 off of the list price.

2013 Accord Sedan EX-L lists for $28,785.

That's the list price with destination. Maybe you could get it for c. $26,800. Some people seem to be getting that model for even a little less, but that might be a ball park to start with to give you a rough idea.

You have to add tax, title, dealer prep fee, license, and so on onto that.

Try emailing several dealers in your area and see what they'll do on price. The huge Marysville Ohio factory where these are made has ramped up to full speed production, and so there are a lot of these around now for sale. Many dealers are probably willing to let a bargain shopper pick one up for a good discount.

Happy shopping! Let us know how it goes. Best of luck! You've picked an excellent car, and so you're already a winner.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Can that bigger Sport model tire 18 be put on a EXL model ? would this cause a real bad ride.. I would figure the suspension is alittle different in Sport.

Anything for a price Brian, but then your mileage would be off unless you had a gear changed in your odometer by somebody who knows what they are doing. I love the 18 inch tires, they look great, but for practical purposes I rather have 17 inch with the 55mm sidewall as opposed to a 35mm sidewall or low profile which is prone to bubble if you go over too many potholes or rough road surfaces. A tire guy at Costco told me yesterday that the lower profile tires are prone to bubbling from just that and customers are constantly replacing tires that have bubbled from pot holes or really bad uneven road surfaces.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Looking at the Accord specs on Honda's website, it doesn't look like Honda modified the suspension in the sport trim so all trims should have the same suspension -- you should be able to swap 17 & 18 wheels on all Accord trims as long as you stick with factory tire sizes (if you go with other tire sizes then your speedo will be inaccurate). Tirerack has a good online website to show you optional tire sizes that you can use on your car

215/55 R17
    235/45 R18

18" wheels will be a little heavier and tires are a little wider so you'll get slightly less MPG (Honda gave sport trim few extra HP engine and 1 less MPG rating). The 18" sidewalls are smaller than 17" so you will feel more road bumps/potholes. If you live in an area with decent roads then you wont notice much difference, but if you live in an area with lots of bumps/potholes then you'll definitely notice it. If you test drive both cars then you should feel the difference -- I havent driven the new Accord so I cant say for sure, but it shouldn't be a huge difference in ride comfort (if you hit a small pothole then probably slap your face vs slap your face harder, not a slap your face vs punch your face difference)

If you're buying a non-sport then see if someone local who bought a sport would be willing to swap wheels + some cash (both cars will also need to have TPMS reset). You can also check eBay or browse around online Accord forums (hondaaccordforum or driveaccord) and see if someone is selling a like new set (some people like to use their own wheels and sell their OEM wheels+tires to offset the cost). Another option would be to wait 2-3 yrs when people who bought sports will be looking to replace the stock tires and they dont want to pay extra for 18" tires or they'll be looking to sell their stock wheels with worn out tires to get aftermarket wheels
  • reliablepreliablep Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your inputs. I will update you once I finalize the deal. Thx
    G-Love, Jatan,
    Great points, I know on my sons new Infinity he has replaced 2 or 3 tires from bubbling side walls. I'm sure the roads here in N.Y are a big factor. I do enjoy the Costco tire program with the Road hazard protection. It pays for itself every year. My wife sometimes is good for at least 2 tires every year between curbs and pot holes. I will check on Tire Rack the Spec's and call my local dealer to explore the option of a Tire Upgrade. The ride would be my biggest concern. Like Jatan pointed out in above post the Accord wont be driven thru the five NYC boro's Mostly Highway.

Thanks

• evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Brian,

Got a price today of 22,798 for an Accord EX with a manual transmission. It includes doc fee, but not tax and title. What do you think?
    edited January 2013
    EVE, with out Doc fee's you could do better, with Doc included a good deal. How much where doc fee's? who is dealer and state

your price is 509 Below invoice. Dealer is giving you most of his holdback. Its a good price. what you need to consider is your doc fee's. Minus them from the 509. and thats how much your buying vehicle for..

Post dealer/ doc fee's and area so forum buyers could decide if they want to call dealership............ Good luck

Brian

• augcarbuyeraugcarbuyer Member Posts: 18
    I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told that every Honda comes with factory installed Alarm (or maybe just EX and higher cause they have the keyless entry). Dealers try to sell it for $795. They could disconnect it if you don't want to pay. I do want an alarm. Has anyone bought one of these pre-installed alarms? How much did you pay for it?
  • joshsimsjoshsims Member Posts: 4
    You can try to find online coupons for Sears Auto Center, they have some good deals on SUC tires. I would definitely give that a try. Best of luck!
    That price includes doc fee. $22,449 + $399 doc = $22,798. No tax or title.
  • michellec1michellec1 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    I was able to get the dealer down to Invoice - 500 (Not including TTL).

This is for a 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT - No additional add ons

Is this a good deal? I'm not very good at negotiations, and I think they find me an easy mark because I'm a girl and don't know too much about cars.

Thanks!
  • ggyyggyy Member Posts: 1
    Hi, srik1, Did you get it at Mungenast ST. Louis Honda? I'm having trouble to get it down to your price. I was contacting with the internet sale mgr. Thanks.
    EVPED
    What dealeship gave you this price. i know awhile back Weymouth gave you a price. but that might of been Dec if correct.

• unlv_rebelsunlv_rebels Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    You have done a good job ($500 under invoice). What about doc fee ? Make sure it is removed. Make sure that there is no dealer-added accessories. They typically charge a ridiculous amount for these acc.

Shoot for $750 to $1000 under invoice plus TTL (with no doc fee). You could wait till Jan 30 or Jan 31. It appears that dealers generally try to get improve their sale numbers towards the end of the month.

Aggressive pricing depends upon the city where you live (number of dealers present in the zone). For example: Bay Area, CA pricing is pretty aggressive compared to a small city in MT or WY).

Good luck !
    edited January 2013
    for Michelle (28193):
    Also, be sure you are dealing with the factory numbers for MSRP. The Sport with CVT is 24980. The weymouth price (good comparison) is approx. 22.4k so you should be able to get close to that. TTL depends on your state; what state are you in michelle?

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/newcars/?model=Accord%20Sedan&trim=Sport#Pricing_In- ventory
    Boch Honda in Massachusetts. I've been in contact with 10 dealerships and they are the only one to beat Weymouth. I'm still about a month away from purchase.
    you are difinitely in the right time frame for nailing down better pricing.

• michellec1michellec1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Phoenix, Arizona!

Thank you guys so far for the help!
    edited January 2013
    REF: 28200
    Arizona has no cap or rules for dealer doc fees so make sure you don't overpay for that. They will probably try to add $400 or so to your deal and tell you it's mandatory when it is not.

http://blog.truecar.com/2011/07/26/which-additional-fees-should-i-pay-at-the-dea- - lership-what-is-the-doc-fee/#comment-53152
    I emailed 50 Honda dealerships this morning in the New york, New jersey, Delaware, and M.A. area asking each dealership if they would remove there doc fee charge to earn my business.
    So far 30 have responded with either a flat out No and alot went into detail how there doc fee charge is on the bill so everybody has to pay it.

I suggest any body who is willing to buy from these dealerships should find out exactly what there doc fee's are and:

Adjust the offer price accordingly

Jan 30th is a good start date.
    Jan 31th is ideal and the best day.

• ninerssbchampsninerssbchamps Member Posts: 3
    Went to a dealership today and they offered me this for a 2013 Accord Sport CVT...any opinions of this deal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sale Price: $24997 (includes: stripe, wheel locks, cargo tray, mud guards, and I requested a remote starter)
    My trade in: $3500
    Total Diff. : $21497

Dealer Admin.: $699
    Tax: $1332.15
    License & fees: $78.45

Out the door price total: $23606.60 + Tag