Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• austin198austin198 Member Posts: 23
    Should be able to get that car for 22,300-22,500 easily plus pinstripe 75, wheel locks 36, cargo tray 70, mud guards 70, and remote start 200-300 depending on type and what you need it to do, so before taxes but after destination 22,700 or 22,800 including that outrageously high dealer fee of 699. You need to shop around, my opinion is your being taken for $2,700-$3,000. Shop around and minus the accessories your should pay 22,300 to 22,500. Buy the accessories online at college hills Honda and save hundreds there as well. Whatever they end up charging in dealer or doc fees you need to subtract from your sale price to be able to compare apples to apples. So in your case aim to purchase the car for around 21,700 to 21,900 with the pinstripe only, buy the other accessories online to save money. What state are you in?
  • ninerssbchampsninerssbchamps Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply back gameshowlover. I live in Florida. I walked away from the deal...as far as the accessories, it came with pin stripe ($119), pro pack which is wheel locks, cargo tray, and mud guards ($499), tint ($279), and my one "want it but don't need it" item remote start $759. I asked why they were so high compared to the Honda E Store price and he said that it was because of labor costs. Well here's the online e store price with installation: remote start ($354.35) and remote start attachment (($120.67), wheel locks ($57.85), cargo tray ( $114.40), and mud guards ($111.80), which comes to a total of $759.07 + tax. That dealership mark up for accessories is ridiculous!!
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    why do you need remote start in Florida?
  • evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21
    Wheel locks are a waste of money and can be bought for $20. Unscrew and screw a bolt you can do yourself. Cargo tray can be had for $85 delivered on eBay. Mud guards are $40 and easy to install. Buy the car with nothing and then add the things you want yourself. Their prices are outrageous.
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Thats why I didnt bother regarding Doc Fee. I negotiated the OTD price. I got the best price from the Maryland Dealer. I know end of the month is a good time, but a good deal can be made anytime. I got an awesome deal on the Accord Sports CVT on President's Day.
    Accord Sports CVT OTD 23.5K. Check my previous post for price breakup...
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I just looked at your breakdown and numbers. There is no dealer in this region going to sell a 2013 Accord Sport for $ 1368 below dealers invoice right now. If you got that deal God bless you.... Yesterday
    I called College Park Honda asked to speak to the the Internet Manager to see if he would remove doc fee's to earn my business. Apparently they gave me some other MORON who tells me they will not remove doc fee's. In Conversation trying to hang up he wants to know where i'm calling from. Then tells me he will give me a good price for the Accord. I say what is it. I live in new york.
    He tells me i could sell you this car for invoice. i say what favor are you doing me.
    He then says........... Knowing i live in new york............. When you come down here... I tell my manager. This is the guy from New York give him a good deal.
    Was i wrong to tell him to hold on one minute.

500 to 600 below invoice after doc fee's are minused is a good deal thats were alot of dealers pricing is right know...

700 to 900 below after doc fee's...................... great deal but hard for most buyers
    will know next week for sure

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Try Criswell or Ourismon in MD - also Koon's in VA if you are really determined to buy a car in the next few weeks. Also, Mazda has their 2014 ready to come out or already is out - and this car will put sales pressure on Honda,Toyota, and Nissan - Honda especially as they continue to ramp up their post sunami production in Japan. I believe Honda has a silent discount through march, but you'll have to confirm.

I believe the new Honda is the way to go too, am waiting until the summer or perhaps the end of the year, but it will be the accord.
  • cyak1551cyak1551 Member Posts: 3
    Price paid for 2013 Honda Accord LX with CVT transmission on 01/26/2013.

No extra accessories included.

Dayton, OH area dealership.

Price - $20,327.52
    Doc. Fee - $250
    Title Fee - $33.50
    Tax 6.75% - 1,388.98
    Total Out-The-Door Price - $22,000

I actually live in Marysville, Ohio. The Marysville Honda plant (where they make the Accord) is less than 10 miles up the road from my house.

BUT, I had to drive the whole way to Dayton, OH to get the best price and color i wanted (Black/Black).

Not even the Marysville Honda dealership could match their price (nor did that have much of a selection of colors, just Gray for LX models).

I followed the following guide when negotiating over the phone and email:

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/5-your-experience/31956-how-you-should-buy-your-- next-new-vehicle.html

Hope this helps other buyers!
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Awesome price. Lowest I've seen for this model. Congrats!

I think you're allowed to share the name of the dealership if you're willing.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    edited January 2013
    Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if we could or not ;)

The name of the dealership was Voss Honda.

They are in Tipp City, which is just outside of Dayton, OH.

They gave me no BS and were very straight-forward and no non-sense. After being on the phone most of the day Saturday with other dealerships and dealing with how awful some of them were, I was more than happy to give them my business.

I HIGHLY recommend them.

Also, Hidy Honda in Beavercreek, OH (just outside of Dayton) were just as pleasant and even matched that price.

Unfortunately, they did have my color in stock, so I went with Voss.

If anyone on here is able to do the drive to the Dayton, OH area - please check out both Voss Honda and Hidy Honda. They will give you prices I was able to get.
    Many thanks!

But you should edit your post to take out the name of your salesperson.

We're allowed to mention the dealer's name, but I think that's it.
    Also, not sure if this matters or not, this was an all cash deal.

No financing and no trade-ins. I don't think it matters, but thought I would throw it out there.

They were pretty surprised that some 27 year-old was paying in full.

Coming from a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan, I LOVE this car!!!
    Smart and prudent to be able to pay cash at 27. Good work.

Bet the quality of the Accord seems impressive compared to your old ride!
  • malo_4malo_4 Member Posts: 15
    michellec1,

Can you tell me what dealerships you have been in contact with so far? and which seemed willing to work with you? I am considering traveling to Phoenix to purchase if I get the deal I want and would love to hear any thoughts on the dealers there. Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    CYAK,
    Good job on that prior post. I bought my 2003 Honda Pilot from Hidy honda and they shiped it to Queens N.Y. for me. What a great dealership.
    Voss Honda did match Hidy but i already was comfortable with the manager at Hidy Honda. Here are some others that were good back then in Ohio 2003.
    Chesrown Medina honda, Rick Case ,Whitney's automall,Waikem, Friendly, and Jay honda out in Cleveland were giving great prices. What a Flash back

Here is another good web site for Honda Accessories for 2013 Accord models

HONDA PARTS DEAL.com

Brian,

Are prices better than college hills, or hit and miss?
    last time i checked they were same. did not compare all accessories.

What do you know about Nardy honda in Smithtown doc's are 75

edited January 2013
    best price will be invoice plus 100, doc fees 75, nice dealership but selling prices are nothing to write home about
  • mortmortmortmort Member Posts: 2
    There has been much discussion on this vehicle without Nav - i am interested in the sedan WITH navigation. TMV shows around $29,300 - anyone have some experience to post?
  • anagoreeanagoree Member Posts: 11
    I am in the market for Honda Accord I4 CVT EX. I received quote of $23,529 from truecar.com. + 162 Dealer Doc Fee + taxes.

Is this a good deal? Any recent buying experience for Accord EX in Chicago area?

--Aks
    I am also in the market with my friend to buy Accord. EX for myself and LX for my friend. I received quote of $23,529 from truecar.com. Let me know best deal you found so far.

--Aks
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    Sorry, nobody can tell you whether this was a good deal or not if it includes a trade-in. gameshowlover may be telling you you can get the car for $22,300, but if they are giving you $3,500 for a cluncker worth $100, you are really getting the car for $21,600. Conversely, if the dealer thinks they could sell your trade for $6,500, they could sell you the car for thousands under invoice and still make a profit on the deal.
    True to above post. However it's almost always worth it to sell your car privately. Honda dealer offered me 5k for wife's 04 Accord, I put it on Craigslist, sold it for $7800 in one day, had 14 people call wanting to see the car. Car was clean with no mechanical issues and garage kept, low miles, so I also felt better selling privately, otherwise they would have given me 5,000 and detailed it and listed for $10,500 and ultimately sell for $9,500. These dealers are out to squeeze every last penny out of you. A salesperson will rip you off to the tune of 1,300 bucks just to make himself an extra $130 or even less. Then there accessories, the finance guy, extended warranties, remote start, etc....
    I am in the market for same model. Can you suggest what was your final deal?
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Is it just me or the accord sport interior color display comes only in red? Or is it something u can customize in all trims? I saw the LX in blue and I like it. But the sport videos I have seen shows the displays in red? ?? So not sure.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Truecar is a true rip off. At least try CarWOO or SOME other outfit. True car no longer gives you all the prices out there - especially the high volume dealers who discount heavily. I suggest looking also at Cars.com. You can see all dealers in an area and actually see how many cars they have on their lot. Obviously the more they have, the more they discount. Work those internet managers hard and you can come away with a great deal. And stick it to the Truecar CEO who has turned into a true ripoff type. All for a $400 commission his company gets on each car.

Good luck with your purchase, Honda's are the best!
  • rav4manrav4man Member Posts: 21
    I noticed the door metal and fenders on my new 2013 Honda Accord is very thin I see a lot of bad dings appear in the mall parking lot but maybe that is I live in Michigan a lot of American trucks here anyone have that too ?
    Thanks for the tip. I have checked carwoo.com. It provides an average price. I will search on cars.com to check what i will get from high volume dealer.

thanks again.
  • cagliari1453cagliari1453 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everybody,
    I was wondering if anybody could give me an opinion as to whether I am getting a good quote on a 2013 EX-L, 4 cyl. sedan. I contacted a dealer by email and got the following OTD quote: 29,342.33, which includes tax, title transfer, and fees. I live in Florida and the quote is coming from a Florida dealership. I am paying cash for the car, with no trade in, and just transferring the tag from my current vehicle. I'm new at all this, so any advice or assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    REF: 28232
    that's not good. you need to post the breakdown of prices and fees to know what you are paying. Weymouth advertises that model as 25.5k plus their fees.

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/newcars/Accord%20Sedan/EX-L/#Pricing_Inventory
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed for the breakdown of the quote but haven't heard back yet. I assumed this was a high quote based on some of the numbers I have seen in this forum. Once I get the numbers though I'll post them. Thanks!
  • ryry24ryry24 Member Posts: 2
    On 1/16/13 I purchsed a '13 Accord EX-L V6 Auto in Still Night Pearl - MSRP: $35,280

My deal:

$27,738 before TTL
    $400 - Zaktek
    9.3% - AZ
    $545 plates
    $395 doc

$31,700 OTD
    Second alarm, trunk tray, mud flaps, tint, door edge guards, locking lugnuts all included.
  • billartbillart Member Posts: 14
    Where in FL are you located? If at all feasible you should email Love Honda in Crystal River, Internet guy is Jerry Reed. I bought the 2013 EXL 4 dr I4 there Dec. 14, paying the following:
    Car. 25,100
    Service/doc fee 499
    Already-installed dealer add-ons 241
    TTL. 1670

Total out the door $27,510.

This was the best price I could get from about a dozen dealers from Orlando, Tampa etc. up thru Gainesville & Daytona Beach. Love also had the best price when I bought my 2008 Accord there. Did everything over the web & phone, only met when picking up the car. Little to no upselling pressure either.

Add ons were nitrogen, wheel locks, mud guards, striping & wheel well molding. Sales tax 6%.
  • billartbillart Member Posts: 14
    Oops, I listed the salesperson's name, but have nothing to say about him, so...

I also had no trade-in, paid cash & transferred a tag, so other than the dealer add-ons you can make an apples to apples comparison.
    Thanks a lot for the info! I'm in north Florida, but I'll definitely check out Crystal River if things don't work out with this dealership. I still haven't heard back about an itemized breakdown for the quote I got, but even with tax and doc fees, it seemed high. A couple other dealerships I contacted before seem to be around about the same ballpark as this place, so it might just be this area. Thanks again for the help!
    Would you be willing to share the Weymouth price for an EXL Navi sedan 4 cylinder? I don't want to sign up with them, bc I'm far from MA....
    edited January 2013
    ref: 28240
    msrp: 30785
    sell: 27274 (only 4 available, not that it matters)
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Where is brian125 ? No posts from him in 2 days is impossible to believe :confuse: Did he finally get the car he was planning to buy at the end of month ?
    edited January 2013
    Wow. That's an amazing price. Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    Today is a great rainy day in the N.E to start Car negotiations. You couldn't ask for a better day.

Our market for Accords in this region is still not good. Call as many dealers to see what that numbers look like. Remember.... You tell Dealer to Meet your price not the other way around.. . Then decide if you want the car this month. or wait til Presidents Weekend pricing will be better. My best guess on price is 300 to 800 Below Invoice price after you take the doc fee's out.

If your target price is 500 below dealers Invoice and doc fee's are 300 Hundred your offer price should be $800 Below Invoice . Doc fee's are added dealer Profit built into there bill to take back Sale price of Vehicle.

Good luck- post your deals to help others.

• rock49rock49 Member Posts: 5
    Ready to buy 2013 accord sport
    Best price found $22,230.
    Before tax & license
    Northern Calif
    What do you guys think.. Should I buy it or can I do better?
    Thanks for any input you may have to offer.
  • miteshonlmiteshonl Member Posts: 12
    I got an offer for $20200 including documents fees. I did not accept it. what say guys?
  • rock49rock49 Member Posts: 5
    cvt
  • unlv_rebelsunlv_rebels Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    If $20200 is the offer price for a 2013 Accord LX CVT before TTL, then it is a great price since it is about $1100 below invoice ($21300 or $21600 - I don't remember now).
    edited January 2013
    More than 3k off sticker and 500 below weymouth's price! if it's a clean deal (i.e., no lowball trade-in BS), i doubt you'll do better anytime soon.
    I am trying to get 100k extended warranty in this price but it seems like very hard. Should I wait for a president day or lock the deal?
    it's not necessary to buy the extended wty now. You may get a better price later especially if you shop around (saccucci)
    Thanks guys. Is it possible to get extended warranty after 6 months of purchase from saccucci? Is it important to buy service plan for Honda dealer or I can use local service from NTB or meineke?

Have you seen any rebate program from Dealer on president day?
  • ragincajunsragincajuns Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    All the other post on this discussion helped me alot. Here is what i paid though i know some did better

Car Price: $28920
    Destination Fee:$790
    All Weather Flormats/mud guards: $470
    Louisiana SalesTax $2590 Ouch
    Title License and other fees: $150
    Total $33190

I tell you that getting online pricing is the way to go. Just watch because some places will give you a price including destination fee that seems high. Then another place will you give one without destination fee and when you get there they add it in. This causes there price to be $400 higher than the other place. Example my price plus destination fee is $29710 which is a good price considering that includes destination fee.